[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Would you remove critical hits from the game?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

File: nwfr0.jpg (63KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
nwfr0.jpg
63KB, 800x450px
Would you remove critical hits from the game?
>>
>>31823523
Removing crits would only make stall stronger, so no.
>>
I'd make them easier to manipulate. Like Laser Focus or Merciless but as an item or field effect or something.
>>
>>31823551
isnt there literally already a crit item
>>
Remove an RPG staple from an RPG?

Nah
>>
>>31823554
There's like...4 of those
>>
>>31823554
They only increase the crit chance
>>
No, they already got nerfed.
>>
If it were up to me I'd keep them but with some convoluted mechanics, like it is impossible to crit on the first turn but then the crit chance increases every turn your Pokémon is out until it caps out at a little higher of what it currently is. That way you won't have an entire strategy fucked as a frog turns what otherwise would have been a check into death fodder, and also stall fuckers are discouraged from just having one bulky mon spam heal/defense boost for dozens of turns.
>>
>>31823577

>frog
Fucking auto correct.

Anyways to clarify, the longer a Pokémon is out, the easier it becomes to crit that Pokémon.
>>
I like the idea of restricting them to high crit/slash-like moves making them more like an additional effect for certain things, but having a few surprises in a fight isn't so bad as it is now

On a related level I wish moves would tell you the actual miss rate. I mean they might be accurate for some, but 100 accuracy clearly means something else
>>
>>31823616
>>31823616
>but 100 accuracy clearly means something else

Not sure what you're getting at. A move with 100% accuracy will never miss unless there is some modifier to your accuracy or their evasion
>>
no, but crits should only happen after a stalling move.
>>
They're necessary against stall, but I don't know how you would change them to be nonrandom.
>>
>>31823523
Nah, the nerf was good enough.
>>
>>31823566
So you want there to be an item which means that the Pokémon holding it gets a 50% boost to every move, every time, as well as bypassing its attack drops and the opponent's defense boosts?
>>
>Pokemon used XX move
>It's not very effective...
>A critical hit!

I'd get rid of this.
>>
lower effective moves by .5
>>
They should work like in gen 1 (crits deals a flat 2x damage).

The idea of using them so battles don't turn into a stallfest is ok, but today crits only serves to fuck over a player who's already struggling to keep up. Crits shouldn't stack with attack boosts.
>>
What the fuck is the problem with criticals? Do you somehow believe the extremely minor element of a minute chance of extra damage skews the metagame irreparably?

Sure, let's get rid of crits and put in more entry hazards, automatically activating terrains and a few more ubers that transform into giga ubers whilst having an item slot free, that sounds great!
>>
>>31825249
>Sure, let's get rid of crits and put in more entry hazards, automatically activating terrains and a few more ubers that transform into giga ubers whilst having an item slot free, that sounds great!
Gen 6 and 7 were mistakes.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.