[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

PTCG/PTCGO General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 318
Thread images: 72

File: mallow.png (288KB, 401x540px) Image search: [Google]
mallow.png
288KB, 401x540px
Best girl in print edition

Last thread
>>31803838

New? Check the pastebin for advice on starting the game, client information, a guide on the various theme decks/products you can redeem in-game and more.
>http://pastebin.com/gPEnw6GW (embed)

You can also check this FAQ:
>http://i.imgur.com/HoY1IaG.jpg (embed)

How to progress in PTCGO, tl;dr edition:
>complete all Trainer Challenges (Cheat Engine's speedhack strongly recommended to speed up AI games) to get 45 free packs
>play through using Basic decks to unlock them for versus play
>farm Versus Mode theme ladder for Tokens and Tournament Tickets
>Enter Theme format tournaments whenever possible
>enter Standard/Expanded ticket tournaments and accept that you'll lose
>you'll get tradable tournament chests and sometimes tradable packs
>DON'T OPEN THEM
>Instead, trade them for the cards you actually want for a deck you want to build, most cards go for like 1-3 packs each.
>Public trade is like the GTS, if you want proper results, put up your own offers.
>if you don't know what deck you want to build yet, see http://www.pokebeach.com/forums/forum/tcg-competitive-play.156/ or check out tournament results for a list of viable decks http://www.pokemon.com/us/play-pokemon/state-province-championships-2016/decks/week-four/
>more frequently updated decklists w/tournament results can be found at http://thecharizardlounge.com

To see what your PTCGO stuff is worth, look on the PTCGO forums in the trading section. Top Cut & other big trading companies will typically overprice cards, expect to get lower. Keep pack value in mind when trading.
>http://forums.pokemontcg.com/forum/33-in-game-item-exchange/

Tips for Code Giveaways:
>Post them as an image with the QR code covered. Don't just post it as plain text, bots may snatch them, don't post uncovered QRs, bots may snatch them
>Standard etiquette is to take one code per dump per person
>Always post your pulls
>>
>tfw cant stop myself from tinkering with my trades if they sit for more than 30 minutes
>wasted 32 tokens fucking with trades today alone

somebody stop me
>>
>>31822404
Set up trades before you go to bed.
>>
File: 20170217_223619.jpg (2MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
20170217_223619.jpg
2MB, 3264x1836px
R8 my budgety deck.

Waiting for the rest of my cards in the mail, so The blank cards behind Popplio/Brionne/Primarina are extra copies of themselves, Frogadiers are Breakthough Frogadiers, Tiernos are Haus, Pokeballs are Dive Balls and Archie's Ace in the Hole is a Skyla.

I have extra copies of Haus, Prof.Letter, Energy Retrieval, Skyla, Wally, Ultra Balls, Remoraid/Octilary, and Pokemon Fan Club that I can use as well
>>
>>31823540
Drop one of the three-stage lines for Octillery and Ultra Ball. You'd want to build the deck around the other line, ideally your other pokemon cards would support them. Get Vs Seekers if you can.
>>
>>31823684
Alright. I'll play around with getting rid of Primarina's line. And putting in Ultra Balls. I'll post an update tomorrow. If anyone else replies I'll take it into concideration
>>
Is Hoopa EX needed for a Volcanion EX deck? It's the one thing I haven't bought yet and I'm not sure about it.
>>
>>31823960
It's not strictly speaking mandatory, but it's still useful enough that I'd recommend including one.
>>
>>31823960
If you run Sky Field it's worth it. Otherwise it's not vital, it's hard to get rid of and is a terrible starter.
I recently pulled one from a login bonus so I can trade you one if you want it.
>>
>all the separate rooms as playspace for at Anaheim

Don't fall to the bottom tables or it's gonna be a pain in the ass.

Pairing boards are really small and there's only one for each division so keep an eye out for that. May or may not have pairings posted online, venue wifi is retarded.
>>
>>31824311
>Venue WiFi is retarded
Having been to UK Nationals in three different venues and Worlds in four venues, a tournament venue having public WiFi at all is unprecedented.
>>
Is Anaheim gonna be streamed?
>>
>>31824466
Only VGC via Nugget Bridge.
>>
>>31824487
So, no TCG?
>>
>>31824529
Correct, Unless you want to host one yourself.
>>
Good luck to all the competitors at Anaheim this weekend! Crush that meme owl :^)
>>
Turtonator is bullshit, there is no good card that deal damage counters and Greninja is fading away. How you supposed to counter a deck of 4 Turtos?
>>
>>31824643

lysander and escape rope type stuff
>>
>>31824643

Also Ranger.
>>
Gold DCE when?
>>
File: memethorn-in-action.jpg (1MB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
memethorn-in-action.jpg
1MB, 1600x900px
Continuing from previous thread this is kind of silly. Almost sweeped 4 EX at once in one game but it took me that tiny bit too long to set up.

Also is there a Medicham/Regirock EX deck out there? I've been experimenting with it and it's kind of fun, lets me attack for 100+ twice a turn once set up because of its ability.
>>
What are your guy's predicted top 8 and meta share?

I believe M-Ray will at least get top 4 if not win.
Turbo Dark and Volcanomon will make Top 8
And at least one Owl Deck.
Tortos will be in 2-3 of the Top 8 Decks.
>>
>>31824683

Guardians Rising, most likely, along with the SR Grass Energy from SM1+.
>>
>>31824699
Why are you not using Team Aqua's Muk?
It increases retreat cost for all Pokemon not just the active.
>>
>>31824699
Wtf i never knew of this ferrothorn, or that he only has 2 cards. I think you dont need magearna.
>>
>>31824643
By dealing 150 damage, since Choice Band will be a thing.
>>
>>31824721
Alolan dugtrio is bugged and increases the retreat cost of also the benched pokemon.
>>
>>31824721
Well to be honest I didn't know about TA Muk, and I don't think I have it. The good thing about Alolan Dugtrio is it's your opponents Pokemon only, and I can use its attack if I need to.

>>31824723
The only reason I've left in Magearna is because it blocks moves from Pokemon like Umbreon GX discarding my energies.

It started as a bad Bronzong/Ferrothorn deck for a damage challenge I think. Still not amazing but I get bored of playing the same meta decks all day.
>>
>>31824728

Read his question again. He is asking why he is even bothering with Alolan Dugtrio in the first place when Team Aqua's Muk works as intended.

My guess is lack of them. Double Crisis isn't exactly common anymore and I don't know how many people have put them up for trade for deals that aren't retarded as fuck.
>>
>>31824699
Another thing, if level ball anly brings basics use nest instead
>>
>>31824905
It grabs <=90hp, not just basics.
>>
>>31824912
You see any <=90hp in his deck outside of basics?
>>
File: memethornv2.jpg (522KB, 1606x929px) Image search: [Google]
memethornv2.jpg
522KB, 1606x929px
>>31824905
>>31824919
Didn't have nest balls at the time. Have since updated it with a couple as well as adding in Brigette which has helped me bring out Digletts quickly.

Will have to try and trade for some TA Muk but it probably won't be easy.
>>
File: flashfire.png (77KB, 823x185px) Image search: [Google]
flashfire.png
77KB, 823x185px
How your trades going falamans?
>>
>>31825097
dead
can't find the right scam cards, I'm only making 6 packs/day
>>
Looking at making a yveltal deck. But i see very few use pokemon ranger. Do they assume theyre fucked anyway if the matchup is jolteon?
>>
>>31825148

Escape Rope + Lysandre around it if possible.
>>
>doing trainer challenge
>one guy has an EX in his deck
What the fuck why does he get that but i only get BS themes
>>
>>31824970
what game is this? is it free to play?
>>
>>31825194
Tetris, created by Toby Fox, avaliable on PS4 and Ouya.
>>
>>31824714
Bulu/Lurantis will be a big thing, especially since Bulu has no fire weakness.
>>
>>31825358
I think he meant in the upcoming tournament, not the next expansion
>>
>>31825405
Then why are tortos there.
>>
File: forest-shadow-deck-front.jpg (137KB, 652x1300px) Image search: [Google]
forest-shadow-deck-front.jpg
137KB, 652x1300px
Is this any good? I am always worried when Decks only have one type. I know the point is to make better decks but introducing a few friends to the game and just want to use the prebuilt stuff
>>
>>31825465
the SM themedecks are all okay by theme standard
>>
>>31825465
You have to click on the image apparently.
>>
>>31825477
???
>>
>>31825465
If you want to introduce them to the game properly get that KeldeoxRayquaza battle pack thing. It even gives you some VS seekers
>>
>>31825475
Good to hear. Really just want to pick up and play but was afraid that with my Deck (Mewtwo Generations 1) I would flatine my amigo with having two types.
>>
>>31825487
This desu
>>
>>31825465
In theme ladder this deck levels the field easily. It's extremely hard to lose if you get spinda and/or kangaskan in your starting hand, and decidueye's brave bird is extremely strong.

>>31825499
Do you mean the XY Evolutions mewtwo deck? Because that deck is shit and has absolutely no hope to win against decidueye unless the decidueye player chokes hard or plays with a blindfold.
>>
>>31825522
I do mean that deck, lol.
I picked it up because as a kid I had a Physic/Water deck and I was gonna steal some energies from it.
I found both of the XY Generations deck to be ass but I just miss those old cards so much.
>>
File: goli.jpg (407KB, 500x698px) Image search: [Google]
goli.jpg
407KB, 500x698px
>hits magic 180 w/choice band against pokemon EX/GX for GCC
>190EHP with aether conservation stadium in play
>also benefits from baby Lurantis
>only stage 1 so FOGP rotating doesn't hurt it that badly

This is going to be a good era for grass.
>>
>giratina is the only viable dragon
What went wrong
>>
>>31826139
Salamence-EX is definitely viable.
>>
Going to a League Cup tomorrow (they're not League Challenges anymore, I guess). Are there any good fire decks in standard? I know 90% of nerds there are gonna be using Decidueye and/or Laurantis.
>>
>>31826139

Fairies, really. The Dragon-type Mega Rayquaza is actually pretty good - Parallel City + Delta Wild means you have -40 Resistance to 3 commonly used types and -20 to another, and 230 HP means almost nothing can OHKO you. Meanwhile you OHKO everything without question. Only thing stopping it from doing anything relevant is Mega Gardevoir and, to a lesser but no less deadly extent, Rainbow Road.

It's not bdif by a long shot but it destroys almost every EX deck in the format and it's super fun to play.

Don't forget about Salamence-EX who is still pretty viable even though he rarely shows up anymore, it seems. As the format moves towards Pokemon-GX he will be seen less and less.

Also, and this is a problem with all dragons, their reliance on Double Dragon Energy to get anything done leaves them very susceptible to Enhanced Hammer + Team Flare Grunt plays.

>>31826208

Volcanion. League Cups and League Challenges are still different. League Cups are like the equivalent of Cities now.
>>
File: anne05.jpg (57KB, 640x484px) Image search: [Google]
anne05.jpg
57KB, 640x484px
What is the good and budget way to jump into PTCG and PTCGO? I know that SM theme decks are decent but what should be my next deck after buying one of them?
>>
>>31826247
yeah volcanion shits on both lurantis and decidumeme, but you do need to watch out for teched vaporeon AO, Lurantis still needs a good draw to stand a chance but can take games off Volcanion.

Meta's gonna be kind of weird right now since there are two really strong grass archetypes and one really strong fire archetype that hard counters them, and Greninja which totally shits the bed against Lurantis in particular but shits on Volcanion.

Honestly I'd stay out of that rock paper scissors shit as much as I could.
>>
>>31826275
my next step*
>>
File: code.png (174KB, 596x186px) Image search: [Google]
code.png
174KB, 596x186px
>>
>>31826275
Never purchase more than one theme deck, both IRL and in game unless you are a masochist who actually enjoys playing theme. The cards you get aren't generally that good, you get a few core trainers but you're missing a lot of the necessary ones.

Cheapest way to build decks is to buy singles, a Greninja deck built from singles is about $80-100, any other deck will be ~$120ish to $180 with half or more of the deck's value tied up in Shaymins. Though it might look spendy it's still cheaper than most TCGs.

Prototype on PTCGO since cards are 1/2 to 1/8th real world money value if you're buying code cards to redeem for packs and trade, and free if you're willing to spend the time to grind tournaments/tradescum your way to having enough value to trade for the cards you need.
>>
>>31826304

Thanks for the pack famalamadingdong but it was mostly shit

>Cosmoem RH
>Bewear
>>
File: fair trade..jpg (64KB, 1033x615px) Image search: [Google]
fair trade..jpg
64KB, 1033x615px
Should I accept this?
>>
>lost a lurantis HR for 5 packs because i went to pee
N-NANI?!

>>31826439
Junk Arm is OP in legacy but if you dont plan playing there maybe. Yours is holo so i assume you have more.
>>
>>31826470
This is my only one. I have most other legacy staples in some variety, but don't have many good legacy pokemon to make a deck.
>>
File: code2.png (174KB, 593x184px) Image search: [Google]
code2.png
174KB, 593x184px
Here's another one
>>
>>31826506
reverse holo torracat and palossand lol, thanks anyways.
>>
>>31826506
Where are those codes coming from?
>>
>>31826531
Newsletter handed out a code for a free pack, but you can only redeem one per account. A lot of people have multiple newsletters or just no interest in non-tradable SM packs at this point.
>>
File: 1481154467469.png (989KB, 800x521px) Image search: [Google]
1481154467469.png
989KB, 800x521px
>>31826531
monthly newsletter from Pokemon.

>>31826247
right. does Flareon EX still work with Volcanion or is it just more efficient to have 4 baby Volcanion + 4 Volcanion EX?

also all the lists I'm finding are pre-Sun/Moon; if you have any suggestions for cards to shove in a Volcanion deck, that'd be great.
>>
>>31826789
Flareon still wrecks. Its pretty easy and quite common to see a T1 Flareon donk.
>>
File: guzma-5300.jpg (125KB, 665x665px) Image search: [Google]
guzma-5300.jpg
125KB, 665x665px
Guzma - Supporter
Search your opponent's deck for an item card. You may play this card as if it was in your hand, then add it to their discard pile.

How busted would this card be?
>>
File: ss+(2017-02-18+at+11.54.43).jpg (248KB, 898x565px) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2017-02-18+at+11.54.43).jpg
248KB, 898x565px
Any suggestions? Playing Volcanion for almost 6 months has gotten kind of stale so I'm looking to branch out into other decks, like Electric Tiger Volcanion.

I dropped Jolteon to 1 since basics seem to be going away, but with the Tapus coming out, I feel like maybe that wasn't such a good idea long term.
>>
>>31827031
I just realized this is the clone deck.

Swap one Energy Retrieval for Ninja Boy.
>>
>>31827031

Are you sure you don't want to run at least one or two Magnetons? You will get meme'd hard by Vileplume
>>
File: raikou electrode list.png (665KB, 930x585px) Image search: [Google]
raikou electrode list.png
665KB, 930x585px
>>31827031
I think Raikou/Electrode is better than Raikou/Magnezone atm simply because it's faster to set up, more flexible and lets you use some clutch hand disruption by burning your prize count down by 1 or 2 then dropping an ace trainer.

Like with Magnezone you need to have some combination of a magnemite, rare candy, magnezone and/or ultra ball with cards you can afford to discard to get one online. Electrode, if you have a voltorb or electrode and a level ball in your hand you have 2 energy the next turn.

I use 4/4 for consistency (one disadvantage of electrode is you're vulnerable to flare/enhanced hammer plays) but you could also 2-2 or 3-3 and put more elecrtic energy and max elixirs in place of electrodes.

I have a 75% ladder win rate with this deck with about 100 games, and I've never placed below 2nd in a tournament I've joined with it.
>>
>>31822176
I got a question tcg anons, if my pokemon gets knocked out and I have no benched poke or any pokemon on hand, do I insta lose?
>>
>>31827337
yes.
>>
>>31827066
You think Vileplume Toolbox will see more play? I was originally running 2 Magneton but didn't see that many Vileplume, plus they became dead draws in later stages of matches.

>>31827113
Maybe I'm just unlucky, but when I ran Electrode, I was getting hammered, but running it with Ace Trainer seems like interesting memes.
>>
>>31827337
http://assets.pokemon.com/assets/cms2/pdf/trading-card-game/rulebook/sm1_rulebook_en.pdf

Just read the rulebook really well, just knowing the rules will win you half of the matches when you start out, the other half will be won by reading CAREFULLY ALL the cards you can see on board and your hand. Just read well, and remember to give up if you feel you can't win instead of draging the game for 10 or so minutes.
>>
>>31826208
League Cups replace Cities, They're worth %50 CP if you win
>>
Another regional not being streamed nice game tcgbabbies
>>
>>31827400
Nah, Vileplume/Lurantis is the new meme that's everywhere. I'd estimate it's as much as 1/4th of the VS ladder at high tier atm, it's even more used than Decidueye.

But again on Raikou, Raikou has tournament results this season while Magnezone has none, and the increased amount of Vileplume makes Magnezone's life even harder relative to Electrode, being 1-2 turns slower on average exponentially increases the chance of being item locked before you get one out which is just instadeath.
>>
>>31827031
ninja why the hell do you have like six different lightning energy, with four of them being completely identical in looks

More serious critique and thoughts:
-Remove Pikachu EX
-Add 1 Shaymin EX (once you have one, of course)
-Add at least 1 Magneton and remove 1 Rare Candy
-Exchange 1 Switch for 1 Escape Rope, or 1 Switch + something else (1 Energy?) for 2 Float Stones
-Clemont is a pretty spicy option, but I've never had any super good luck with him myself since I usually find other supporters to be more valuable/useful. He is compatible with VS Seeker though, which Professor's Letter is, so there's that.
>>
File: 1409371704691.gif (2MB, 300x290px) Image search: [Google]
1409371704691.gif
2MB, 300x290px
>>31827826
>he doesn't run every single variant of an energy card he has

Ruh roh, Raggy.
>>
File: 1492349230498230984.jpg (22KB, 384x264px) Image search: [Google]
1492349230498230984.jpg
22KB, 384x264px
Is it even worth it getting Roaring Skies physically anymore? Besides Shay the set is total shit
>>
Here's a random thing I wish they would do. Turn BREAK cards.

Its really annoying to have to tilt my head to read them on PTCGO
>>
>>31828048
Really anon
>>
>>31827886
Yes

Because Shaymin is that good

Because Shaymin will probably exist in expanded for at least 5-10 years

Even after that it will be a core card for legacy decks. Good cards never go away.
>>
>>31824714

>I believe M-Ray will at least get top 4 if not win.

Given how popular Yveltal has been, is this really that likely? Surely there will be a load of Zebstrikas?

Raikou is also getting pretty popular and Parallel City is a common Stadium.
>>
File: Magnememes.png (779KB, 776x696px) Image search: [Google]
Magnememes.png
779KB, 776x696px
>>31827882
Shit, I fucked up, pls accept this apology deck senpaiília.

>>31828048
Apparently this is (yet another) feature that's being Worked Onâ„¢

>>31827031
Also I just realized that you probably want to use the Sparkling Induction Magnemite from BREAKthrough, if you're going to use any of those guys at all, since that ability can be situationally useful sometimes.
>>
Anyone have any budget Despair Ray decks, maybe running an Octillery/Orangutan vs Shaymeme?
>>
>>31827337
At some point, you will play against a
>W....wait, I had a basic in my hand. You'll let me put it down now, right? I just forgot. Anybody else would let me
>>
>>31828417
Despair ray is an expensive deck to want to budget m8, it's one of 2 decks that actually does run 4 shaymins and there's strong countersynergy with octillery/oranguru since what makes dray so strong is you can clear trash like that off your bench.

After Sylveon drops, you could probably meme together a shayminless PRCgarde deck.
>>
>>31822176

I have level 20 but PTCGO is not loving me ;_; we really are not getting anything for that?
>>
>>31828447
Damn, thanks for the heads up. I had gotten a 2-2 line from locked boosters, but I guess I'll build something else in the meantime.
>>
>>31828417

I don't think Despair Ray M Garde will work without Shaymin.
>>
>>31827010
Very broken because this gives you the freedom to root through their deck. A fairer version would make you name a card, and then your opponent reveals their hand and if the named card is in their hand you can play it as if it was in your hand.
>>
Are those World Championship reprints I see on ebay legal? I'm guessing no because they have different card backs
>>
>>31828527
Or make it like TSG except for an item instead of 2 energy, but since there's no good way to get items out of discard it'd be a better hand disruption without some kind of troll mechanic like that.
>>
>>31828505

isn't m-gardeviour good in night march deck?
>>
>>31828567
Nope, they're only for friendlies, don't even get an online code inside of them.

Honestly wish you did get a code though, there'd be a cheap good way to get good cards online that benefitted TCPI, it's not like TCPI actually makes money on PTCGO anyways, nobody buys packs for the code cards alone. People who play online exclusive just buy code cards from the people who play offline exclusive/who have so much online value accumulated that a few packs don't matter.
>>
>>31828581
Yes, because as was said earlier it's a good way to get cards into discard quickly.

Vespiquen, another discard centric deck also often runs 3-4 shaymin. afaik vespi/garde sts are the only decks in the meta where you even have a reason to run 4 shaymin.
>>
>>31827886
>>31828143
I would even go so far as to say that when Shay finally rotates, I would see if you can pick up a bunch when standard-only players try to unload them; they'll drop at first but then pick back up over several years. This sort of thing happens a lot in Magic; Liliana of the Veil was $25 when she rotated in 2013 and has been on-and-off $100 for the past few years.
>>
Delcatty GX – HP170
Stage 1 – Evolves from Skitty
[C] Gather Energy: Attach two energies from your discard pile to your Pokémon in any way you like.
[C][C] Simple Beam: 70 damage. The Defending Pokemon's type is [C] until the end of your opponent's next turn.
[C] Assist GX: Choose 1 of your Benched Pokémon's attacks (except a GX attack) and use it as this attack. (You can't use more than 1 GX attack in a game.)
Weakness: Fighting(x2)
Retreat: 1

How good/bad would it be?
>>
>>31822176

is there any strategy for faster deck search & draw?
>>
>>31828892
Isn't that basically what 75% of the game is?
Sycamores, Ultra Balls, Shaymin, Octillery, Talonflame etc.?
>>
>>31828878
P bad.

I guess it would be usable if there was no retreat cost.
>>
>>31828878
>Less HP than any other GX
>Not even a basic
>First attack is Lurantis' but without the damage
>Second attack is mediocre damage and very, very situational secondary effect
>GX Move could be okay but will usually be shit

At least you didn't make it ridiculously overpowered like most people who make their own cards up
>>
>>31828892
Draw is as fast as it's probably ever going to be in this game and will slow down significantly once shaymin rotates.
>>
>>31828980

but I don't have shaymins and I don't really want to use them...

ehhh I need get 3 more battle compressors and mix it with vs seekers and puzzle of time...

>>31828918

gotta go this way... I have problem with good hand especially I'm running deck that supposed to work fast :/
>>
Right. Honest thoughts guys, how would you make tyranitar ex viable / playable at the moment?
>>
https://sonichu.com/cwcki/List_of_cards_from_The_Wall_of_Originals

Alright ptcgg, you can pick ONE card from CWC's collection (and its evolutions if applicable) to become an officially playable card in the next set. Which one do you pick?
>>
>>31829166
Needs to be played with oblivion wing Yveltal imo, it can work as a secondary attacker in darkrai decks but is strictly inferior to dragon type options.
>>
>>31829199
Christian's Sonichu is op. Also why he has a boner for paralyzing
>Bulk and Skull
topkek
>>
Why are the Sun and Moon card frames so ugly?
>>
>>31829166
Like this.
>>
>>31829313
>why he has a boner for paralyzing

he's infamously terrible at all of the TCGs he plays and likes to rely on luck. According to other people who went to his local game store he regularly lost to little children and in the 5 or so years he went to the same card shop he only won one Yugioh tournament when all of the decent players were out of town for some other event.

He plays PTCG, YGO, UFS and eye of judgment.
>>
>>31829367
>create a set full of cards dependent on other cards rotating out of standard in 3 months

Thanks CP4.
>>
>>31829375
Could be worse. M-Manectric and M-Lucario are getting reprinted but not the ex they evolve from.
>>
>>31828878
Delcatty ex was good fun thanks to the power. We need more different abilities like this. It was mostly used with energy draw Delcatty.
>>
>>31829426
>90 HP
>3-energy, 60 damage attack
>gives 2 prizes when KO'd

holy shit, there has been some enormous power creep since
>>
File: LE TRASH MAN.png (148KB, 245x342px) Image search: [Google]
LE TRASH MAN.png
148KB, 245x342px
>>31829426
>more different abilities

NO

ABILITIES ARE HERESY
>>
File: overpowered crap.jpg (254KB, 359x500px) Image search: [Google]
overpowered crap.jpg
254KB, 359x500px
>>31829495
Back in the day, this guy defined meta becuase of his incredible damage and speed.

They remade this card with higher numbers in evolutions, and it's not played because it's crap.

Let that sink for a second.
>>
>>31829495
the biggest jump afaik was when wizards was dropped at the end of the DP era, though I think there was a pretty big spike in DP as well.

I played base set through neo destiny and I remember the good cards in base still being good at the end of neo. Stopped playing before gen 2 was over so i can't speak much of the e-cards era.
>>
File: electabuzz-evolutions-evo-41.jpg (832KB, 700x990px) Image search: [Google]
electabuzz-evolutions-evo-41.jpg
832KB, 700x990px
>>31829542
Evolutions Electabuzz is actually completely identical to Base Set Electabuzz, outside of the Metal resistance that Lightning Pokémon generally have nowadays.

Speaking of resistance, it irrationally bothers me that Grass/Fire/Water Pokémon don't generally resist Water/Grass/Fire, or something like that. Especially since some Grass cards do resist Water, but it's not a general rule.
>>
File: 1361625736_metronome.jpg (38KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1361625736_metronome.jpg
38KB, 600x600px
>Clefable HP 100 (Fairy)

>(Fa) Metronome
Your opponent reveals cards from the top of their deck until they reveal a Pokémon, and put it off to the side. You may use one of their attacks, using (Fa) as energy of any type. (You still need the necessary Energy to use the attack.) Shuffle the revealed Pokemon back into the deck.

>(Fa)(Fa) Wish Away
Flip a coin. If heads, your opponent shuffles the Defending Pokémon and all cards attached to it back into his or her deck.

Is it viable?
>>
File: S__14098434.jpg (420KB, 1478x1108px) Image search: [Google]
S__14098434.jpg
420KB, 1478x1108px
Any good pulls from SM yet? I feel like my luck with pulls has been a lot better with SM than any previous expac.

I've opened 7 packs so far and pulled 2 Lurantis and a UR Metal Energy. My friend on the other hand has opened 16 packs and pulled Solgaleo, Tauros, and RR Tauros.
>>
File: progress.jpg (1MB, 1500x2000px) Image search: [Google]
progress.jpg
1MB, 1500x2000px
>>31829691
Just pulled a HR Tauros today out of 3 packs. Plus a HR Lurantis.
>>
Opened eight packs, only got Lapras GX and a few foils.
>>
>>31829542
that reprint pissed me off, least they could have done was make it a 120hp big basic, fighting needs a big non-ex basic anyways.
>>
>>31829910
At least 110 like Passimian.
With FFB you get at least 150 and edge out the attacks that goes for the 100-130 range.

In some places I saw a meme expanded deck that uses only Landorus EX, Lucario EX and Hitmonchan, FFB, Muscle Band and all that.

It can snowball way too quickly.
>>
>>31829647

*metronome- search for a random pokemon in your deck and discard it to your dp, then use one of it's attack (requires the same type and amount of energies attached to your active pokemon)
>>
>>31830092
>Sacred Ash + Mega / S3 / Break / GX Pokemon of your choice
>>
>>31830120

I know, the only problem is how to attach energies fast enough... maybe just mega stellix EX/normal EX is enough...
>>
File: createcard.jpg (247KB, 474x659px) Image search: [Google]
createcard.jpg
247KB, 474x659px
>>31822176
>>
>>31830275

fug I put wrong weakness [I had in mind dark>psych kek]
>>
>>31830287

and maybe it should have... 250 HP
>>
>>31830275
>80 damage counters
This might be overkill, anon.
>>
File: createcard (2).jpg (250KB, 474x659px) Image search: [Google]
createcard (2).jpg
250KB, 474x659px
>>31830316

edited for better meme
>>
>>31830338

fixed it
>>
>>31830340
>length
9 inches
>>
File: 10_219018240198.png (114KB, 772x1020px) Image search: [Google]
10_219018240198.png
114KB, 772x1020px
>tfw only one ITT who is just a collector

I tried fucking around with a Yveltal/Zoroark deck once, but I just don't have to motivation to drive to my LGS every Saturday, and Shaymins are still to fucking expensive
>>
>>31830340
> 100 damage counters

Totally fixed.
>>
are S/M codes working yet? I have a shit ton of them to give away via email. But you niggers better post fucking pulls.
>>
>>31830368

ahahaha

>>31830365
I don't care about such details, just quick card

btw. there should be generator for new set...
>>
>>31830340

>bottom for daddy

anon...
>>
>>31830377

[email protected]

if I can take...10?

>ton of them
>>
>>31830377
Yeah they should, just follow the lineguides in the OP so they don't get sniped.

Or if you want to give them by mail [email protected]

Yeah it exists.
>>
>>31830412
>>31830424

I have a bunch of Roaring Skies codes too to throw in... Is that fine?
>>
>>31830441
Ok.

I swer on me mum I'll post screencaps.
>>
>>31830377
[email protected] if you would please. I will post pulls.
>>
>>31830441

mhm, 10 SM and 5 RS if I can ask [shinji]

forgive me if I'm asking for too many...
>>
>>31830366
when it comes to irl cards I'm just a collector as well. If I had a few people to play with I'd drop dosh for a deck or two for playing, a couple hundred bucks is no biggie for me.

But my LGS is cramped, on a noisy intersection and always full of neckbeards and stupid little kids.
>>
File: tumblr_ns9xjj3ku51u6o5mao1_540.png (115KB, 540x540px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ns9xjj3ku51u6o5mao1_540.png
115KB, 540x540px
>>31822176
Guys, I have the completed first 7 sets of pokemon cards in near mint condition, where should I go to sell them for maximum money
>>
>>31830377
Could I grab some if you've still got any left?

[email protected]

I'll post them pulls!
>>
File: C40lDk0VMAACLQB.jpg (90KB, 839x1191px) Image search: [Google]
C40lDk0VMAACLQB.jpg
90KB, 839x1191px
>no full art Hex Maniac
>no Roserade Ex/Gx
>>
File: SM1.png (922KB, 1175x678px) Image search: [Google]
SM1.png
922KB, 1175x678px
>>31830441
Oh wow, trashanon here, you da man.

But damn these pulls are bad
>>
File: SM2.png (885KB, 1236x595px) Image search: [Google]
SM2.png
885KB, 1236x595px
>>31830548
I-It's okay, I wanted oranguru and m-making a araquanid deck anyway
>>
File: p1.png (4MB, 2020x1632px) Image search: [Google]
p1.png
4MB, 2020x1632px
>>31830472

XDDD this is retarded
>>
File: SM3.png (916KB, 1124x666px) Image search: [Google]
SM3.png
916KB, 1124x666px
>>31830569
Well, these SM packs didn't treat me that well, but hey, I still have roaring skies
>>
>>31830597

but thank you anon for your kindness, I must purchase tcg codes in next month... I will share some too
>>
File: ROS.png (833KB, 1072x608px) Image search: [Google]
ROS.png
833KB, 1072x608px
>>31830599
...aaaand it's shit.

Last roaring skies I opened had mega-fug ;_;
>>
File: Untitled-1.png (2MB, 1616x938px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled-1.png
2MB, 1616x938px
>>31830541

the 2zh... one was invalid, but here's what I got!

Oh bby yeeeee! Both Primarina and Baby Primarina!
>>
File: fuck.png (28KB, 146x191px) Image search: [Google]
fuck.png
28KB, 146x191px
>want to update an old deck with golden ultra balls
>I can't fucking keep this sexy ass deck box if I make any edits
>>
File: wewlad.png (888KB, 1182x682px) Image search: [Google]
wewlad.png
888KB, 1182x682px
>>31830638
Fun fact: I had some untradable packs too that I didn't know that I had at all. And this is what I get. Eh.

I guess your packs were cursed mr. Cola. But thanks a lot anyway!
>>
>>31830679
>M-Mewtwo X

only marginally more valuable than his pulls.
>>
>>31830677
Clone it?
>>
>>31829647

>>(Fa)

Fairy is [Y].
>>
>>31830734
The issue is I have no option to keep the old deck box if I want to keep it.
>>
>late to the pulls again
>>
>>31830366

Just collect irl and play PTCGO. It's the same game, but you don't have to go outside.
>>
yup, can trade for other cards, play in tournaments for more packs etc.
>>
File: laughing finger biters.png (537KB, 629x466px) Image search: [Google]
laughing finger biters.png
537KB, 629x466px
>>31830275
>>31830338
>>31830340

I genuinely cried laughing. Best thread in weeks.
>>
>>31830275
>>31830340
>Guaranteed 250 damage for 2 double colorless energies

Bruh...
>>
Does Bench Barrier Mr. Mime prevent Trevenant Break's attack from doing damage to my bench?
>>
File: 1471540277386.jpg (20KB, 261x327px) Image search: [Google]
1471540277386.jpg
20KB, 261x327px
>It's another "opponent gets best hand of his life and I struggle to get 3 energy by turn 6" match
>>
>>31831340

no
>>
>>31831364
Every time.
And I have like 15 energy in the deck.
>>
>>31830377
[email protected]

Am I late?
>>
>>31830340
How come, instead of all of the much bigger problems with this card, the fact that it says "flip a coin 5 times" instead of "flip 5 coins" is triggering me?
>>
>>31822176
what theme deck should I get to own theme format tournaments?
>>
File: Screenshot 2017-02-18 18.36.43.png (517KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot 2017-02-18 18.36.43.png
517KB, 1920x1080px
Anyone willing to trade a shaymin for gen packs? I'm tempted to take this but I'd rather not dump all my packs into it.
>>
>>31831392

nope, i'll be around all night! and I'm getting a booster box of RS tomorrow too. If you like online TCG, you are in luck! :D

just please, please, please post pulls. Id like to know I'm doing some good in my shit life
>>
>>31832110
well shit man, in that case send some my way and ill post all the pulls you want
[email protected]
>>
I've predicted my opponent 7 of the last 7 times in tournaments. Names say a lot.
>>
File: nosepass.png (13KB, 331x471px) Image search: [Google]
nosepass.png
13KB, 331x471px
>>31832110

>[email protected]

I'm in the UK, so if you do send me some codes, don't be too worried if pulls aren't posted immediately; I may be asleep.

I can guarantee that pulls will be posted though. I have been the 'post pulls' police for the past few weeks. Chances are that if you've seen an angry rant about the lack of pulls, I made it.
>>
File: 800px-Yamcha_found_dead.jpg (34KB, 800x445px) Image search: [Google]
800px-Yamcha_found_dead.jpg
34KB, 800x445px
>when you mirror match in a tournament and dead draw your opening hand in the first round and lose

I-It's not like I was saving those 24 tickets for anything.
>>
>>31832185
thanks for the codes man, give me like 30 minutes and ill post the pulls, im not gonna let you down
>>
I got 96 packs of evolutions. is that enough for a shaymin?
>>
>>31832110
>[email protected]
I will post my pulls, I promise
>>
File: Tony Cola 1.png (712KB, 812x478px) Image search: [Google]
Tony Cola 1.png
712KB, 812x478px
>>31832309

UK anon reporting in.

1/4
>>
File: Tony Cola 2.png (829KB, 953x511px) Image search: [Google]
Tony Cola 2.png
829KB, 953x511px
>>31832757

2/4
>>
File: Tony Cola 3.png (707KB, 820x474px) Image search: [Google]
Tony Cola 3.png
707KB, 820x474px
>>31832775

3/4
>>
File: pulls.jpg (641KB, 1972x1026px) Image search: [Google]
pulls.jpg
641KB, 1972x1026px
>>31832555
Thanks a lot for this anon, the Solgaleo is beautiful.
>>
File: Tony Cola 4.png (807KB, 960x513px) Image search: [Google]
Tony Cola 4.png
807KB, 960x513px
>>31832797

4/4

>>31832110

Thank you for being so generous with your codes.
>>
>>31832110
Hope I'm not late, [email protected]
>>
>>31832110
I'll post pulls for m8
[email protected]
>>
File: Nikon sm pull.png (1MB, 1169x623px) Image search: [Google]
Nikon sm pull.png
1MB, 1169x623px
The one SM pack
>>
>literally every single game in tournaments is Yveltal and friends
>queue up with Raichu
>not a single Yveltal to be found

I'm lovin it
>>
File: Nikon RS pull 1.png (1MB, 1081x608px) Image search: [Google]
Nikon RS pull 1.png
1MB, 1081x608px
First RS pack
>>
File: Nikon RS pull 2.png (1MB, 1087x623px) Image search: [Google]
Nikon RS pull 2.png
1MB, 1087x623px
Second RS pack
>>
>>31832110
If you have any packs left, I'll post my pulls.
[email protected]
>>
File: Nikon RS pull 3.png (1MB, 1063x626px) Image search: [Google]
Nikon RS pull 3.png
1MB, 1063x626px
Last pack
Thanks again m8
>>
File: AngryDome.gif (429KB, 213x201px) Image search: [Google]
AngryDome.gif
429KB, 213x201px
>Playing a Circle Circuit Raichu deck for the electric challenges
>Parallel City everywhere
>>
>>31833135
That's why you play Vespiquen + Zebstrika pham. It's competent in general, and you can still defecate all over Yveltal (+ Mega Rayqayqay)
>>
>>31833300
>tfw it's speed dark instead

Fighteon when?
>>
>>31830377
ill show my shitty pulls. im at [email protected]
>>
File: pulls1.png (1MB, 1269x694px) Image search: [Google]
pulls1.png
1MB, 1269x694px
as you requested, the pulls
>>
File: pulls2.png (1MB, 1267x696px) Image search: [Google]
pulls2.png
1MB, 1267x696px
>>
File: pulls3.png (1MB, 1272x698px) Image search: [Google]
pulls3.png
1MB, 1272x698px
>>
File: pulls4.png (1015KB, 1274x694px) Image search: [Google]
pulls4.png
1015KB, 1274x694px
>>
File: pulls5.png (1022KB, 1273x694px) Image search: [Google]
pulls5.png
1022KB, 1273x694px
and a bonus primal clash pack i had sitting around
>>
>>31826277
>Honestly I'd stay out of that rock paper scissors shit as much as I could.
So turbodark. Got it.
>>
>>31832110
1 code didn't work but the rest 3 (2xS&M and 1xRS) did, pulled nothing so didn't even bother to take any screenshots. Thanks anyway! t.ggirugamesh, feel free to send more though :-^)
>>
>>31833575
>Kingdra line with rare candy
I think the game is trying to tell you something
>>
File: 1344576370397.png (484KB, 600x514px) Image search: [Google]
1344576370397.png
484KB, 600x514px
>>31832110
[email protected]

please and thank you
>>
File: tres.jpg (271KB, 1337x605px) Image search: [Google]
tres.jpg
271KB, 1337x605px
>>31832110
>>31832900
Muchas gracias famalama
>>
File: cuatro.jpg (98KB, 715x423px) Image search: [Google]
cuatro.jpg
98KB, 715x423px
>>31834038
>>
>>31834038
>>31834047

are you actually a woman
>>
>>31828613
>Vespiquen, another discard centric deck also often runs 3-4 shaymin.
I don't know shit about expanded but my standard Vespiquen seems to run best with 2.
Is expanded Vesp a more "standardized" deck, in standard it seems to be a bunch of anti-meta junk thrown together.
>>
>>31833927
you know what fammy lammy, i think youre right
>>
>>31834085
What? no
>>
>>31834119
There's no reason not to run 4 Shaymin EX in Vespiquen.
>>
Why has full art ultra ball tanked so hard?
>>
>>31834574
Collectorfags and blingfags already have theirs so the demand has tanked.
>>
>>31834589
Im a collector fag, even i knew it was stupid to buy it asap. Im going to wait a couple more weeks and see how it goes
>>
>>31834599
It's about $90 right now, how much was it?
>>
>>31834609
started at close to 200 before release, quickly shot down to 150 after release and has been steadily dropping since
>>
>>31834623
It was 110 for the last two weeks.
>>
>>31822176
>Welcome to Pokemon TCG General
>down below are ways to suck all the fun out of a TCG by Cheating at it cause I don't know how to play the god forsaken game

seriously, tell me something "general" do you know how to play this TCG WITHOUT resorting to cheating? Can you play ANY GAME all the way through without cheating?

If you cheat at a TCG you are pretty damn pathetic.
---------------------------------
aside from that, I wish I had the money to build me a new fire deck. I still have my HGSS version where it basically cycle fire out but it now has Delphox, nothing special, but it's fun to play still. I do have a new(ish) psychic water deck. It's fun at least.

(please tell me you play for the literal fun of this game and not cause you actually want to win all the time (not saying that isn't fun tho))
>>
>>31834671
It dropped down to 100 flat for a while but went back up to 110 and now its under 100
>>
>>31834836
Wtf are you even talking about
>>
>>31834881
>complete all Trainer Challenges (Cheat Engine's speedhack strongly recommended to speed up AI games) to get 45 free packs

Unless I'm reading that wrong, plus the AI doesn't move that slow.
>>
File: 160.jpg (48KB, 251x251px) Image search: [Google]
160.jpg
48KB, 251x251px
>>31834900
Do you feel bad for the AI or something?
>>
>>31834900
It takes like at least 15 hours to get complete the 180 AI games needed to get those 45 random untradable booster packs

How is speeding that up cheating?
>>
So I just came back after taking a break around before Steam Siege came out:
- Has the meta changed in any significant way?
- Any new good cards?
- Is my Houndoom EX/Bunnelby deck melter still viable/has a better alternative?
>>
>>31834933
nah, I've prolly been playing the TCG too long to think about it. Never seem to go any faster or slower than most. Maybe it's that I feel people are expecting lightning speed or something

>>31834951
I read it wrong, I'm dumb.

I was thinking general cheating for some reason.
>>
>>31834836

tfw you manage to build your decks completely alone without cheating and it took you like 6months of gameplay

so proud
>>
>>31834119
You don't actually use 4 shaymin in vespiquen, you run 4 for the sake of consistency since a pokemon in discard is ultimately a pokemon in discard.

It's not quite like despair ray where you will bench all of your shaymins and draw through your deck super quick, just drop the ones you need for cards then discard the rest for damage.

>>31834967

Steam Siege relevant new cards:
Volcanion/Volcanion-EX
Talonflame
Xerneas BREAK
M Gardevoir-EX (the one with despair ray)
Magearna-EX
Yveltal BREAK
Yanmega BREAK
Bisharp/Galvantula (used for rainbow road bench filler)

Trainers
Special Charge
Pokemon Ranger
Ninja Boy

Evolutions relevant new cards:
Ratatta
Raticate
Electrode
Starmie (only became relevant with SM)
Dragonite-EX

Trainers
Brock's Determination

SM relevant new cards:
Umbreon-GX
Espeon-GX
Tauros-GX
Decidueye-GX
Lurantis-GX
Eevee
Golduck

Trainers
Kukui
Nest Ball
Timer Ball
Lillie
Team Skull Grunt

Meta is mostly similar except Greninja decks are generally weaker overall imo. Houndoom/bunnelby still best mill deck.
>>
>>31835609
Thanks senpai I'll check it out
>>
>>31835661
oops, brock's determination should be brock's grit

and all of those evo cards save ratatta/raticate are basically memes that only contribute to one deck (golduck for starmie, raikou for electrode, M-gardevoir sts for dragonite)

ratatta's also kind of situational, it mostly sees play as a one of on decks that run multiples of parallel city or M-gardevoir sts but the tool removal situation has been so awful since rotation that it's basically the best card for it we have and it's still countered by garbodor.
>>
>>31835559
Exactly.

I think playing a TCG is a craft for the simple fact that it takes some good skill to get good at any TCG
>>
Anyone have the promo Passimian? I need a 4th and could give a couple SM packs.
>>
File: 1430762150648.png (242KB, 550x785px) Image search: [Google]
1430762150648.png
242KB, 550x785px
>working 25 hours for the weekend for Anaheim
>don't even get free lunch

what the fucking FUCK

why in the hell would you not feed every single person staffing your event of goddamn 600+ participants holy fucking shit
>>
File: 1480974063565.jpg (77KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1480974063565.jpg
77KB, 1280x720px
Just had a sudden death match online, wiped someone's Pyukumuku but it put the damage counters on my EX. Very intense when the replay came up but with only 1 prize card for each, just managed to win it though.
>>
What do you guys use for Poison and Burn markers?
>>
>>31836248
I have a bag of dice and coins from over the years of playing a lot of different TCGs... So really it's like a collectors bag er whatever.
>>
>>31836248
My brother and his friends all got into the TCG a few years ago. I used to play when I was a kid, so I had some cards, but most of them were lost in a housefire so I figured I'd go out and buy a deck. Was pretty surprised to find out that they traded out the little glass beads that came with the old structures for some cardboard punch-outs. I didn't mind since I figured they did that for a cost-cutting measure, but it still bugged me, so I went out and bought some aquarium rocks: glass beads with little plastic suns and flowers mixed in.

I use the glass beads as damage counters, the flowers for poison, and the suns for burn.
>>
>opponent systematically draws the exact cards to counter you and clumps all his VS seekers at the bottom of his deck while you have to Sycamore away all of yours

Getting sick and fucking tired of Yveltal, every match I start a Shay or Trubbish mixed with the super rod and 2+ VS and have to wait for a draw supporter while my opponent sets up. VS Seeker is bullshit in this godawful client, legacy matches are much better solely because your decks aren't built to have 4 dead cards at the start of a game that just happen to always be at the top of your deck.
>>
>>31822176
What does Mallow do? I can't read these moonrunes
>>
>>31836404
Mallow – Trainer
Supporter
Choose 2 cards from your deck and shuffle the rest of your deck. Put the chosen cards on top of your deck in any order.
You may play only 1 Supporter card during your turn (before your attack).
(It’s a reprint of Oracle from Skyridge!)

http://www.pokebeach.com/2017/02/whiscash-and-mallow-from-sm2
>>
File: anaheim.png (55KB, 464x646px) Image search: [Google]
anaheim.png
55KB, 464x646px
>>
>>31837013
>Lurantis GX/Solgaleo GX

The fuck
>>
Had a $10 gift card to the local comic and record store and made out like a bandit today.
>>
>>31837013
>mfug/volcanion
???
>>
>>31837069
Post 'em faggot
>>
File: 20170218_134023.jpg (465KB, 2016x1512px) Image search: [Google]
20170218_134023.jpg
465KB, 2016x1512px
>>31837079
That's weird. It was loaded up in the file box. Let me try again.
>>
>>31836291
That's quite cute.

You should take them to your local TCG league so some autist can tell you that you're a disgusting pleb who deserves to die for being different to him.
>>
Are there any theme deck to counter the Incineroar theme deck? One they have Oranguru the match is hopeless.
>>
>>31835609
>You don't actually use 4 shaymin in vespiquen, you run 4 for the sake of consistency since a pokemon in discard is ultimately a pokemon in discard.
>It's not quite like despair ray where you will bench all of your shaymins and draw through your deck super quick, just drop the ones you need for cards then discard the rest for damage.
I can't afford four Shaymin, but I went 2-0-2 at a weekly local with one Shaymin and have another in the mail and I don't intend to enter larger tournament for a while, so I should be fine, thanks for the advice.
>>
>>31835609
>SM relevant new cards:
Solgaleo is a maybe, depending on its showing at Anaheim.
>>
>>31837299
Local tournaments vary wildly in terms of how competitive they are, in fairness. One of the places I go to gets about 8-12 players a week, of whom four qualified for worlds last year, one gets about 30, with two or three worlds players, and one gets about twenty, and I don't think anybody there even knows what a "World Championships" is.
>>
>>31835559
>buy skeleton for vespiquen/zebstrika
>change shit around to match local meta and make it more consistent
>now maybe five cards different than the one the got second at athens
fugg
>>
File: 47664878959690.jpg (76KB, 640x512px) Image search: [Google]
47664878959690.jpg
76KB, 640x512px
>>31837013
>Vespiquen/Herdier
>>
>>31832110
You are a great guy

If you still have 1 code left after all the other anons, you would make me extremely happy if I could get one more at >>31830424

I mean, after those bad pulls the game MUST give me at least 2 shaymemes out of a roaring skies pack.
>>
>>31837339
>herdier up a vs seeker to sycamore away critters
Genius.
>>
File: chrome_2017-02-19_04-14-26.png (73KB, 453x822px) Image search: [Google]
chrome_2017-02-19_04-14-26.png
73KB, 453x822px
God damn I'm so glad there isn't bullshit like this in PTCG.

I hate Force of Will so much -_-
>>
Im beginning to accept i cant get lurantis for less than 6 packs
>>
File: octimeme.png (391KB, 711x575px) Image search: [Google]
octimeme.png
391KB, 711x575px
I should feel good, right?
>>
>>31837441
Yeah, his price will go up after September, and then down again when most people realize he's clunky and it's better just to run Lillies.
>>
>>31837399
There is stuff like that, it's just that one poster is being a drama queen. Posting that publicly is basically career suicide.
>>
>>31837436
I've been bidding for them on eBay and it's easily the most expensive card that I've decided to build a deck around (Mewtwo, Audino and Yveltal in the past)
Hopefully it dies down soon.
>>
>>31837522
Only one deck was in top 16 with Lurantis at Anaheim so the value should level out. It will drop a bit more closer to Guardians Rising too.
>>
>>31837013
How has Zoroark so supplanted Zebstrika when the latter shits all over Mfugg and Yveltals?
>>
So were there just not a lot of Lurantis or Decidueye decks at Anaheim or did they get blown up in swiss?
>>
>>31837649
Blown up in Swiss. Lurantis and Decidueye simply don't have the damage output to compete, and they autolose to Volcanion (which, despite the top 32, had a large presence in swiss).
>>
>>31837058
Any basic energy, not leaf energy. They have good synergy.
>>
Do you ever just buy packs instead of singles or boxes because you get that urge to open one? I swear this shit replaced scratch-off cards for me.
>>
>>31837722
My FLGS has pack wars if you can catch one of the owners. For the cost of one pack (or a 3/$10, or a box, or even using tourney prize packs) he gets one too, then you compare the lowest HP in the pack, lowest HP takes both packs.
Won a Lunala-GX and an Umbreon-GX FA that way, and lost a Solgaleo-GX that way too.
>>
>>31837740

That sounds pretty fun
>>
>>31837756
Oh, it is. Fortunes have been made and lost there.
>>
I'm new to this, I bought the night striker deck and now I'm sitting with 500 tokens and 15 tournament tickets. My collection situation is DIRE. What should I do? Buy one S&M theme deck? Go into events? Someone told me to save up till we get guardians but it's still pretty far. What cheap decks can I make with gengar or zoroark?
>>
>>31837797
Go into a tournament.
Use the results for trading scams until you can buy a whole deck.
>>
>>31822176
Yea or nay: a basic or stage one "fighteon" or a basic/stage one fighting that can attack off a DCE would make Vespiquen T0.
>>
>>31837399
how many times does she say "investigation" and what the literal fuck is she talking about?
>>
>>31837797
type in whatever deck you want to run, element, main pokemon or whatever and find something like

google: Best fire deck 2017

there ya go. then goto TCG player and build it like everyone else dos.

BTW /vp/ if I made a TCG discord would you guys use it?
>>
>>31837832
Some stupid nonsense with the company that caused her to resign. Both her and the US community rep are nothing more than giant children who don't know how to act mature enough for their positions.
>>
>>31837840
sounds like most of the TCG communities I've ever been in.

For some reason, the only real stable community I've ever been in is Pokemon and Magic.

You should of see how bad it was with Naruto the TCG. Kids would go full asstard over that game.

(I'm 1/2 sad it's dead)
>>
Why the fuck is online such a buggy mess since the last update?
>>
>>31837850
>(I'm 1/2 sad it's dead)
I'm not, they killed the game when they printed those retarded cards that turn into dudes anyway when you use them as chakra, as far as I'm concerned anything after that was its begging for release.
>>
>>31837886
I dropped out like a year before it died come to find out.

It wasn't bad so much as Bandai had to keep fucking shit over. I think they changed a Hinata card like 3 times or something. God, I miss my first 2 decks. I had a badass Gaara sand trap deck and then a bombing deck (I can't remember his name but you could put tokens on characters and they would go kaboom)

As for the 1/2 part, that's what I mean, essentially, I miss the first few years it was good, the the crowed got bad then the game got bad.

How the fuck is DBZ still around?
>>
>>31837917
>How the fuck is DBZ still around?
Purely on branding. Niggas see this shit at the Target or Wal-Mart and buy a pack to nostalgia over.
>>
>>31837925
Sounds like when I see kids buying Yugioh or Pokemon.

I try to help the parents out with the games and tell them where a good family friendly place is and then the kids get excited, then the parents are excited.

Shit you tell a parent that their kid can get a scholarship from Pokemon, they are like"Wut" and then they "MAY" check it out.

Don't hold your breath tho, cause they will likely forget anyways...

I figured that if a kids gets into a TCG at least he's not getting into fights, doing drugs, in a gang or worse END UP WITH A CHILD AT 25!

Better be a neckbeard
>>
>>31837934
Time for a feelgood story. I got to "judge" a few games between some kids today. Our locals are just starting to get interest thanks to a recent surge in sales in the area and there are a lot of kids so we have had these meetup days. I got to teach the kids how to play the game while another parent was helping his 4 year old use the game as a learning tool for reading comprehension and such (This guy actually played Competitive back before Black/White).

Anyways, these kids were playing a mix of theme and custom decks and I got to teach them some more intricate parts of the game, such as the best times to use pokemon like HoopaEX and one of the kid's parents who doesn't plan on playing other than to facilitate her son was rather excited to figure out the different things you could do and how "deep" it was. She's already sent several questions via email so I think I've got a couple kids and parents locked in.
>>
>>31838030
I love parents who want their kids involved in these sort of hobby.

I suck at magic therefore I teach. lol

I hope we can get more people into TCGs but the ones that WILL stick around. I've played around 12 different games. and only 3 of them have stuck
>>
>>31837835

>BTW /vp/ if I made a TCG discord would you guys use it?

There already is one. Some people use it, but most people think it's a bad idea because using it would divert traffic away from these threads and make it harder for them to stay afloat.
>>
>>31838303
didn't know if any one was going to say anything to that desu.

I can see that. I was thinking a general TCG discord. I've tried making one but getting my TCG friends involved with it is a joke.
>>
>>31838433
Most MTG players on /tg/ either have their own Discord or would rather not share a Discord with other games.

YGO players on 4chan already have at least 1-2 Discords, if not more.

As much as I like most of them, the vast majority of the other TCGs aren't popular enough to get much traction out of a Discord, except maybe to find people online to play with.
>>
>>31838486
Makes sense, which is understandable for the most part, everytime I've made a 4chan TCG discord they always die in a weak and like 1 or 2 people will post in a month and it's like why you even on here if you don't care? I just leave a server when it's dead. No use in staying.

Bummer. You'd think with TCGs being online more commonly, it would be a good idea to have VCs just talking about it and stuff.
>>
>>31823540
too many one-ofs, not enough consistency. there are much better ways to spend so many of these card slots.
>Tierno
>evosoda
>all these one-ofs
>mixing steel and water thus requiring three(3!) letters and an energy retrieval to get the right shit at the right times
>14 energy
honestly this is a mess, you should have played it online for a while and realized how shitty it was before paying money for physical cards.
>>
>>31838509
try playing Jank. It's fun as shit.
>>
>>31838571
Another The Truth never ever
MAudino was good but literally only existed for 2 weeks.
>>
Side note:
>paying for physical cards
Although this is a bad thing if you don't know what you're doing, it's not like buying 2 amazing decks of the same thing and adding what you need into one is a bad move. More than likely he's really new and is trying at least. And plus

>>31838583
I've seen so many decks in Naruto and Yugioh that only worked if the creator was using them.

I've not seen many jank Pokemon decks desu.
>>
>>31837631
because apart from those two, Zoroark is nearly always a better bet. Consistently winning >> stomping two decks. Zebstrika was only the better bet for as long as Yveltal was occupying so much of the meta.
>>
when the fuck did namefagging become an acceptable thing? who the fuck is this guy and why does this special snowflake have a name.
>>
>>31838682
why do you give a shit?
>>
>>31838682
Probably used it in another thread and then forgot about it. I use a trip on a few boards and have to remember to turn it off. I haven't slipped up yet, but I know at some point I probably will.
>>
>>31838691
honestly, you should just do it anyways. Who fucking cares. We are all still anon anyways.
>>
File: pullsthanksanon.png (2MB, 1936x1080px) Image search: [Google]
pullsthanksanon.png
2MB, 1936x1080px
>>31830377
Thanks anon, posting pulls as promised. Sorry for the late reply, TCGO is really dodgy for me sometimes.
>>
>>31837013
Any chance I can find the deck list for the volcanion ex decks?
>>
>>31836426
Thanks friendo
>>
Anybody what are good cards that'll keep their value on PTCGO?
I'm getting close to 100+ SM codes. With the Guardians set coming out in a few months I don't want the value of my SM packs to go down so I'd rather put them into cards that value may go up with the new set.
>>
>>31840513
Shaymin-EX, Celebi Prime, any FA staple (N, Sycamore, Lysandre), SR VS Seekers
>>
>>31840610

But aren't VS Seeker and Shaymin rotating out meaning they'll lose value?
>>
>>31840691
They're still going to be staples in Expanded, so they seem like a safe investment to me. Generally, there's no reason to not run four VS Seekers in a format where you can just Battle Compressor away all your one-of Supporters for convenient usage with VS Seeker.
>>
So what sets are going to get gutted 100%? Breakpoint and older?
Thread posts: 318
Thread images: 72

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.