[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Every game since Gen 5 has killed the series

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 3

File: dfa[1].png (483KB, 1132x748px) Image search: [Google]
dfa[1].png
483KB, 1132x748px
Every game since Gen 5 has killed the series
>>
>>31816627
The games are still selling and a giant amount of people are enjoying it, so I don't understand what you mean by dead.

It's not like it matters, everyone knows you're falseflagging
>>
>>31816646

That's the point, every new gen gets accused of ruining the series

It's a meaningless complaint made by trolls
>>
>>31816627
It all went to shit after Platinum.
>>
>>31816673
So you're saying every gen past gen 6 has made the franchise worse because people keep saying so despite it being wrong?

I'm getting some mixed signals here
>>
>>31816627
Every Generation improves the series by a big amount. There, I said it. Even fucking XY did. Outside of having low difficulty, it was better than all other first games in the series.

>b-but muh extra content!
No one gives a fuck. Most people played XY longer than BW, despite not having half a region to explore. Because just completing the massive XY Pokedex alone is more entertaining than anything BW or DP had to offer.
>>
File: IMG_3054.jpg (29KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3054.jpg
29KB, 500x500px
>>31816765
>>
>>31816765
They gimped fishing.
>>
>>31816765
>Every Generation improves the series by a big amount. There, I said it. Even fucking XY did.
Yes, finally somebody with some goddamn sen-

>just completing the massive XY Pokedex alone is more entertaining than anything BW or DP had to offer.
...what? you mean trading a bunch of pokemon in hopes of getting those last two you missed is better than interesting game modes and somewhat challenging singleplayer facilities? come on anon.
>>
>>31816627
Gamefreak does both good and bad things every gen. Part of the bad is because they know people will buy, so they put off a lot of "expanded" content until the sequel/remake/third version to use as selling points. the rest is just gamefreak introducing new mechanics and always helping along the power creep. and frankly, power creep is fine so long as they put effort into beefing up shitmons, which bst increases, megas, and the occasional new move do help with that.
>>
>>31816627
But Serena and Lillie are best waifus.
>>
>>31816627
Every hater has killed the series.
>>
>>31816627
Well XY and ORAS were pretty bad but SM were great. Probably the best first two games in a generation.
>>
>>31816833
>game modes and challenging battle facilities
For example? The Subway was shit. DP didn't even have that shit.

Out of everyone I know, online and offline, no one kept on playing BW after credits. Some made it to Kyurem and challenged E4 again, others didn't even do that.
In contrast, literally everyone, including myself, completed their PokeDex in Generation 6. Mostly because of DexNav and just the huge size of XY Pokedex, along with the 3D graphics. Which kept people entertained a lot longer.
>>
Gen 5 killed it and gen 6 brought it back
>>
>>31816906
Losing everythin great about XY and introducing SHIT in its place like OP's picture sure was great.
>>
>>31816917

I can make up stories too.
>>
>>31816917
Never mind, you're right
I'm an idiot for misreading your post, thought you meant gen 4 and 5 as a whole. B/W and D/P suck
>>
>>31816917
Everyone I know think that you're retarded.
>>
>>31816963
Oh yeah, I'm not gonna call Battle Frontier and PWT bad. Especially PWT. While it didn't have as many gamemodes, the appearance of older characters alone made it really fun to play.
>>
>>31816963
I think he's talking as a whole seeing as he included the dexnav in XY.
>>
>>31816992
>While it didn't have as many gamemodes
How many game modes did you think it had anon?
>>
>>31817017
A lot, but still not close to Emerald Frontier. The Pyramid and Pike were pretty unique, and arguably more fun, compared to just Type Master or Triple Battles.
>>
triple battles SUCKED
>>
>>31817059
That doesn't answer the question.
>>
>>31817103
Type, Rental, Mix and normal battles. You could have Doubles and Triples in any of these. That's it, I believe.
>>
>>31817059
The tower and pokestar more than make up for that anon.
>>
>>31817214
Oh shit, I didn't include those. PokeStar gets a lot of shit, but I found it pretty fun. That definitely outnumbers everything before. I was wrong there.
>>
>>31817257
There was the battle test too which was in BW1.
>>
>>31816689
DP were easily the worst games in the series tho
>>
>>31816627
*gen 5 killed the series

fixed it for you, op, no thanks necessary
>>
>>31817517
You're right. No other gen could live up to gen 5.
>>
>>31817441
>Forgets all of gen 5
>>
>>31817682
>>
>>31816627
>Gen 1 started the Pokemon craze
>Gen 2 continued it
>It calmed down in Gen 3, but everyone still played these
>Gen 4 made a good amount quit Pokemon
>Gen 5 was received a shit ton of hate even from the fans that remained
>By the time Gen 5-II came around the hate was mostly gone
>Gen 6 received a shit ton of love for being 3D and Megas and became the most selling games of the series
>Gen 7 did even better, getting not only high sales, but also being critically acclaimed

No. If anything, the series was revived around BW2.
>>
>>31817874
>>Gen 4 made a good amount quit Pokemon
I still don't get this, the rift was in gen 3, not gen 4. There weren't people to piss off in gen 4, people who still played enjoyed.

Well, this is probably bait anyways, but I know there's people who actually think this and it just confuses me.
>>
>>31816627
You can't kill something several times anon
>>
>>31817897
Not really. Most people still played Generation 3 and overall liked it. You don't hear "Groudon and Kyogre are overdesigned shit" nearly as much as you hear the same being said for Dialga and Palkia. I don't think I've ever heard people complain about Generation 3 Pokemon design, but Generation 4 still gets shit.
Quite literally everyone's played Pokemon at one point or another, and I can point you towards many people who quit with Gen 4. I'd ask you to do the same if you're going to argue Gen 3 was when the rift happened.
>>
>>31817897
Yes, the rift was in gen III.
They always try to hide this, and they will fight you to the death if you say this.
>>
>>31817963
Generation 4 is also when people started complaining about "too many Legendaries" and "overdesigned Pokemon". Some will say Gen 3 was when people quit, but I don't hear any real complains about Gen 3.
>>
>>31817874
Rift was definitely in Gen III, save for maybe a few coming back for FR/LG. At this point the kids who were 7-10 during Pokemania were getting to that "too old point" that normies hit regarding Pokemon.
>>
>>31817963
>>31818093
That, and the "running out of ideas" meme also started with Gen 4, because a lot of Pokemon were new forms of old Pokemon. The hate was so bad that GF stopped making new forms with Gen 5 and instead made a complete set of 150+ new Pokemon.
>>
>>31818157
>the "running out of ideas" meme also started with Gen 4

>not in the gen that gave us Butterfree 2.0
>not in the gen that gave us Arbok 2.0
>not in the gen that gave us Dragonite 2.0
>>
>>31819073
Uh yeah.
No one said that until gen 4 rocked up.
>>
>>31817874
>>31817897
>>31818015
>Gen 2 continued it
>I still don't get this, the rift was in gen 3, not gen 4.
Wrong. More people left the fanbase between Gens 1 and 2 than between Gens 2 and 3. If we're talking about popularity at least, Gen 2 is where the series began to slip. No need to fight about it, it's just a simple fact that Hoenn haters refuse to admit.
>>
>>31820660
Fucking this. Johtoddlers are the Fake News of the Pokemon fanbase. They don't want to admit that their favorite games are where the series lost relevance so they spew the myth that it was Gen 3's fault.
>>
>>31820660
None of the people you replied to but
The series did experience quite a few angered fans around gen 3, as gen 3 completely dropped the pokemon transferring ability that was present in 1 and 2. And I'm not talking smaller community, /vp/ style contrarian bitching, this was among the normalfags big time. It also had a drastic change in style.

I personally like 3 because it introduced Fug and secret bases.
>>
>>31820752
I didn't say Gen 3 brought back fans or even stopped them from leaving, just that there was a bigger fall-off of sales from Gens 1-2 than there was from Gens 2-3.
>>
Sinnoh is the last remake I look forward to. Couldn't give one shit about the series after that. GF are so bad. Somebody else needs to take over this series.
Thread posts: 49
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.