[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Telltales

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 5

File: Kanto_starters_I.png (179KB, 529x294px) Image search: [Google]
Kanto_starters_I.png
179KB, 529x294px
Anybody want to tell any anecdotes, amusing stories, etc. about pokemon from their childhood? I don't care if your first game was literally diamond and pearl, I like to listen to this shit.

Here's mine: when I was little, I had this friend named Marc who was really into pokemon. He was the kind of kid who would actually know strategy and stuff because his cousin told him, he would know about the legendaries, pretty much everything. He used to love dinosaurs, lizards, and especially dragons, which is the reason why he loved mad charizard, dragonite and aerodactyl (and later latios, latias, salamence, etc.). He was a nice kid, but also a little bossy and inconsiderate. So I considered him kind of my rival. But, still my friend. When I got a GBA he actually lend me his pokemon red, which must have been the bomb at the time. So, when it came to pick a starter, I had to think for a while. I was a really meek kid, so most of my friends expected me to pick either squirtle or bulbasaur. Marc really expected me to pick squirtle, as a rival to have advantage over him. But to everyone's surprise, I chose charmander. I knew charmander was very strong, because of all the stuff my friend told me about it, the anime probably, etc, and I didn't want to take the weak choice. I wanted the strong choice. Because for the first time, I didn't want to act the way that other people expected or wanted me to. I wanted charmander, because I wanted to be as strong as Marc, so that was the most logical choice for me. And even though charizard isn't my favourite pokemon now (at the time, pikachu, alakazam and gengar were), he still holds a special place in my heart because of this story.

So that's it. Thank you for your time.
>>
Thanks for wasting 30 seconds of my life I will never get back.
>>
>>31815867
Honestly you probably would've wasted it anyways
>>
Had a kid who conned my little brother into trading his 1st ed Charizard card for a Zapdos by telling him it was 'better'. We beat the shit out of that fucker.

Never got the card back though.
>>
File: 250px-061Poliwhirl.png (58KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
250px-061Poliwhirl.png
58KB, 250x250px
Okay, so it was my third grade year, and pokemon the first movie had just come out
Of course, everybody had seen it, and we all wanted to play out the movie with our pokemon figures, cards and whatever else we had on hand
So, we started out as the pokemon scientists working on cloning Mewtwo
Only problem was, we didn't have a Mewtwo figure, but we did had a Poliwhirl, bulbasaur, pikachu and dragon air figure
We played it out, day by day for each scene while at recess, but soon, pokemon scientist became a crowd favorite
We would babble whatever science-y thing we had heard from Bill Nye's show, and would study, clone, have our lab blown up MANY times, and develop pokemon that could talk, just like meowth
As a result, Poliwhirl is one of my most favorite Pokemon, and I will always have a special place in my heart for that big tree in the yard, and for all pokemon scientists and professors
>>
>>31816110
Ahaha. Not gonna lie, that sounds pretty cool. I once played with a friend with our figures, and we made a school with pokemon. My friend pretended latias would be this very annoyed teacher who would get mad at every single thing the kids did. Ah. It was pretty funny.
>>
>>31815867
if you were concerned about wasting time you would not be on this board to begin with
don't be a meanie
>>
File: 1457622294251.jpg (78KB, 643x820px) Image search: [Google]
1457622294251.jpg
78KB, 643x820px
>>31815830
>>31816110
>>
>>31816183
Yeh
>>
>>31816110
Genuinely one of the shittiest things about making it to double digit ages is not being able to play imaginary games any more

I guess that's what shit like dungeons and dragons is for
>>
Don't you 404 on me!
>>
File: Celebi_M13.png (3MB, 1725x941px) Image search: [Google]
Celebi_M13.png
3MB, 1725x941px
I went to the 10 year celebration of Pokemon event and got a Celebi in my LeafGreen version with my brother and our kid neighbor friend

Kid neighbor friend, for whatever reason, wanted to start a new game that same day and he overwrote his save file not knowing you only get one and he deleted his Celebi.

He cried a lot and my brother gave him his hacked Deoxys to make him feel better.

We still give him shit for that to this day. Fun memories.
>>
>>31815830
I remember when I used to play Sapphire, any and all Surskits I caught mysteriously disappeared from my boxes. I dont ever recall releasing them or turning off the game without saving, but it kept happening until i evolved one into Masquerain one day. I thought my game was cursed or something.

Also mixed records with my sister's Ruby version and had a Seedot swarm, but the odd thing is all of them knew moves they shouldn't have known in the wild (Frustration and Solarbeam at lv.25). I did catch one for keeps, but my games ended up getting stolen months later.
>>
File: kadablah.png (65KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
kadablah.png
65KB, 250x250px
I remember being a kid and seeing alakazam. That shits looks cool. get an abra train it up to level 60. It still hasnt evovled. Get frusterated, say fuck it. Friend offers me a togepi for it. Sure what ever fuck this kadabra, dumbass won't evolve no matter how hard I train it. Trade it. It evolves. I didn't even want it back, that kadabra was a dick.
>>
>>31815830
I used to have a shit ton of Pokemon stuffed animals, and would go on adventures with them in my back yard.

I remember at one point my parents bought this hammock, and I would take all my plushies out to it and it would be a "space ship". Really great time.
I also wanted to be a scientist so I could make Pokemon in real life
>>
This wasn't when I was a kid, I was a teen at the time

Playing a strict speed run of Leaf Green with the intention of getting to the end and SR'ing for shiny Mewtwo in anticipation for release of DP

Running with Squirtle ONLY until Dugtrio, then later adding Zapdos, and maybe Snorlax / Lapras for backup/filler/coverage

Anyway

In Mt. Moon my Wartortle encountered a Clefairy, I was knocking everything out for EXP but Wartortles Bite activated Cute Charm, none of his other attacks would land due to infatuation. The Clefairy wasn't using ANY physical moves either, just growling, singing —the pair had fallen for each other.

SO I caught her, and let her tag along for the ride, beat the game, met a shiny Golbat in Cerulean Cave, SR'd for my shiny Mewtwo, and transferred the whole team up the different gens together from there.

They still all exist together now having spent time in every game since FRLG
>>
For years since I was the youngest I got hand me down pokemon games from my siblings, and christmas of 07 I finally got my first DS lite with a copy of pearl.

Now I have 2 siblings so of course you can't copy anyone. I got turtwig but since I loved water pokemon I deep down wanted a piplup. I caught a bidoof and had only heard of wifi trading, so I dumped it there and waited.

Lo and behold a level 1 piplup came. At the time I didn't know about breeding so I thought it was extremely valuable. It went through the whole game with me along with torterra, and the two were a tag team of sorts. Went through 10 years with the thing.

This is why empoleon is my boy.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.