[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is whitney so unpopular?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 5

File: image.jpg (106KB, 587x800px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
106KB, 587x800px
Why is whitney so unpopular?
>>
>>31812450
She's literally the most popular Gym Leader from Johto.
>>
>>31812469
>She's literally the most popular Gym Leader from Johto.
explain.

also if she's the most popular johto gym leader why didn't she appear in the battle tree.
>>
>>31812450
PTSD from that fucking miltank
>>
BUMP!
BUMP!
BUMP!
>>
>>31812479
She has the most fanarts of any Johto Gym Leader. More than any other Johto character, barring Protags and Silver.

>also if she's the most popular johto gym leader why didn't she appear in the battle tree.
Because being the best amidst shit isn't that big of an achievement. Literally no one cares about Johto Gym Leaders compared to other regions. They're the most forgetful of the bunch. Hoenn also didn't have great Gym Leaders, but Norman and Wallace are pretty memorable and Flannery is pretty popular. But they STILL didn't appear in Battle Tree.
>>
>>31812518
if she was from kanto, hoenn, unova or alola she would be more memorable
>>31812503
chair's kingdra was harder than miltank
>>
>>31812545
*clair's
fuck this autocorrect
>>
>>31812518
>She has the most fanarts of any Johto Gym Leader. More than any other Johto character, barring Protags and Silver.
Morty is more popular in japan
>>
>>31812560
>Morty is more popular in japan
Proof.
And no one is talking about just Japan.
>>
She only got into pokemon because it was popular and when you beat her she cries like a little bitch and won't give you the badge you earned until you talk to her second in command. In other words she's a pathetic normie who can't handle a single loss.
>>
>>31812574
>she's a pathetic normie who can't handle a single loss.
but anon that was 18 years ago.
>>
>>31812574
>won't give you the badge you earned until you talk to her second in command
That's Clair.
Whitney just forgets giving you a badge. Remind her, and she will.

>when you beat her she cries
Yeah, it's called feeling sad.
>>
>>31812560
>Morty is more popular in japan
Why are japs so gay? Whitney is perfect busty waifu material and those slant-eyed fucks want a dude
>>
>>31812609
>Why are japs so gay
they are not gay, japanese women love pretty boys like morty.
>>
>>31812609
Morty is only the most popular male Gym Leader. Honestly, the only other choice they have is Falkner. Out of the two, I'd pick Morty too. Whitney is still the most popular Gym Leader.
>>
>>31812634
I thought they liked muscular guys, which is why pro wresting is so popular with them

That said, Frickin elves.
>>
File: jasmine.jpg (66KB, 480x436px) Image search: [Google]
jasmine.jpg
66KB, 480x436px
>>31812469
That's too bad cuz growing up I always thought Jasmine was the cutest and popular one. Hence why she appeared in Sinnoh, was used to promote the Steel type, and was friends with other Gym Leaders.
>>
>>31812712
>is more popular
>has less fanart
DOES NOT COMPUTE!
>>
>>31812503
I still have nightmares. I first time I bet her was fucking hard core luck that I'm still trying to figure it out.
>Be 11 year-old me
>Be faceing Whitney for umpteenth time
>Starter has already fainted
>Sand blasted her milktank blind before bird faints
>only pokemon left is newly hatch togapi
>Metronome only attack
>Gets fucking crits every time
>wins
I'm still trying to crunch the number of impossibility of that.
>>
>>31812749
blame the cow not the cute busty waifu.
>>
>>31812731
Easily compute-able, actually. Fanart != popularity. There's been many times when popularity turned out different than fanarts.
For example, Hilbert, Bianca, Cheren, Cilan, Skyla and Elesa are all more popular than Hilda, but all of them have way less fanart. Fanart does not indicate popularity in all cases.
>>
>>31812749
I don't think I had any trouble on Whitney. Falkner and Bubsy gave me much more trouble, but I also started with Chikorita so having a target that wasn't resistant to my starter's STAB attacks made it easier for me.
>>
>>31812786
I can see this. Wicke was ridiculously popular when she was announced and got tons of fanart. However, she's pretty much faded in obscurity now with Lusamine, Accerola, and Mallow getting much more popular.
>>
>>31812801
cyndaquil starter. didn't even have a chance against rollout
>>
>>31812812
>Mallow
Blame the fucking "press "a" to pound" joke for that one
>>
>>31812545

The reason why so many people struggled with that milktank is not just because of the pokemon itself, but because it came very early in the game, so the player had few ways to counter it. There is only one way to get a fighting type that early, and no ways to get a steel type, two types that counter it. The only realistic option to deal with it (unless you know where you can get that machop) is to get a rock/ground type. On top of that, pokemon at that level have only limited movesets, and almost nothing to KO a tank like milktank in one or two turns, making that recovery move a bitch to deal with.

Claire's Kingdra, on te other hand, is a tough bastard to deal with, but at least by that point you have tools to deal with it.
>>
>>31812812
>2009/2010
>HGSS whitney redesign got announced (i think?)
>tons of fanart and a doujin before, during and after game's release
>2016
>one interracial fanart and a few other fanarts
>2017
>nothing as of yet
i hope same thing happens to lusamine, acelora and mallow too.
>>
>>31812450
I want to suck Whitney's nipples
>>
>>31812518
>Literally no one cares about Johto Gym Leaders compared to other regions.
I don't disagree, but I have to throw generation 6 into the ring here.

The only three I can remember, are the kimono lady, the doctor octopus guy from the anime and the old man with the ice types.

Anyone else, I can't even remember what type they use.
>>
>>31812845
>milktank
It's Miltank, retard.
>>
>>31812469
Try well known/ infamous
>>
>>31812878
I'd say famous, because of her difficulty. That's not really a bad thing, rather just a surprising one. Infamous would Clair, who is not only difficult to beat for some, but also just refuses to give you a badge and sends you on a fetch quest.
>>
File: ded.jpg (11KB, 131x141px) Image search: [Google]
ded.jpg
11KB, 131x141px
>>31812712
>That's too bad cuz growing up I always thought Jasmine was the cutest and popular one

People wanted Jasmine's blood for the damn lighthouse errand, even though she was being the most fair in battle/giving you your badge.

I say this as a Jasmine fan.
>>
File: 209.jpg (844KB, 753x1000px) Image search: [Google]
209.jpg
844KB, 753x1000px
>>31812866
>Malon
>Whitney
>Hex Maniac
I always find it cliched when a female character has some interactions with cows and people immediately give them huge breasts.
>>
>>31812581
Whitney also does that. You have to attempt to leave the gym, and the gym trainer stops you.

At least Clair gets chewed out by old people in Crystal.
>>
>>31812845
>when you get a Heracross after two headbutt trees

Feels so good.
>>
>>31812896
>"Waaaaah! Waaaaah! ...Snivel, hic. ... You meanie!"
>"Sniff... What? What do you want? A Badge? Oh, right. I forgot. Here's the Plain Badge. The Plain Badge lets your Pokémon use Strength outside of battle. Oh, you can have this, too!

Yeah, just as bad as Clair, isn't she?
>>
>>31812892
Its a cliché and a god damn good one at that. If it works don't fix it
>>
>>31812912
I never said that she was just as bad. All I said was that she initally refuses yo give you the bage. You have to attempt to leave the gym first.
>>
>>31812892
>that bottom right panel
whitney is cute even when she cries.
>>
>>31812924
She never refuses. She gives you one as soon as you ask for it. Forgetting it isn't refusing.
>>
>>31812924
>All I said was that she initially refuses yo give you the bage
Did you turn into a Skull grunt mid-sentence anon?
>>
>>31812940
>whitney as a skull grunt
fanart when?
>>
>>31812940
I guess I did. Shiet.
It would be fun cross over art though.
>>
>>31812951
Seconded
>>
!PMUB
>>
>>31813107
>>31813160
What the fuck are you bumping? OP asked a question, he got answered. There's no point in letting this thread stay anymore.
>>
>>31813236
bump
>>
>>31813483
bump :D
>>
this thread is still alive?
>>
File: 11.jpg (937KB, 842x1000px) Image search: [Google]
11.jpg
937KB, 842x1000px
>>31812892
I've fapped to that Whitney pic so many times now. That artist's whole series is fucking great.
Thread posts: 52
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.