[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

FIRST TIME WHO?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 2

File: 2starters.jpg (7KB, 149x59px) Image search: [Google]
2starters.jpg
7KB, 149x59px
FIRST TIME WHO?
>>
>>31810501
me
>>
cyndaquil and catch a kingler
>>
Chikorita you contrarian fuck.
>>
>>31810501
Feraligatr curbstomps the entire game. If you're looking for a challenge, though, go with Meganium.
>>
>>31810574
I picked Chikorita also you hipster.
>>
>>31810501
>first time
chikorita
>second time
cyndaquil
>third time
save the best for last
>>
>>31810582
you'd be better off releasing that piece of shit. it will only hold your team back.
>>
File: Would_Put_My_Dick_In_It.png (20KB, 346x387px) Image search: [Google]
Would_Put_My_Dick_In_It.png
20KB, 346x387px
>>
Inject a sneasel
>>
fuck crockodile, marry leaf girl, kill cyndaquil
>>
chikorita because shes cute
>>
>>31810501
Chikorita because I usually prefer the Grass starters. Only except were Greninja, Empoleon and Incineroar.

Of course, at the time I didn't know picking Chikorita was pretty much hard mode until you got a good team going.
>>
who /cyndaquilmasterrace/ here?
>>
>>31811117
So less always and more around half?
>>
Choose cyndaquil if you like fun
>>
>>31810656
>save the best for last
But you chose it second?
>>
Chikorita
I really don't know why
But Chikorita was a hot pile of steaming garbage, and I was a dumb kid. I ended up body slamming the entirety of the Elite Four with Meganium.
>>
Ampharos is all you need
>>
>>31810501
If gen 2, Cyndaquil (special Thunder Punch)
If gen 4, Totodile (physical Waterfall)
Objectively correct choices
>>
>>31810501
i'm pretty sure it was cyndaquil, but i don't know for sure since i restarted a million times the day i got it because i couldn't figure out how to leave violet city. either way, cyndaquil was the first and only one i beat the game with.
>>
>>31810501
I went with totodile my first time. However I would suggest going with Cindaquil instead. I did great with Totodile, but there are a lot of good water pokemon in gen II to pick from. Fire types not so much. As well this is back when the move split was in place. Meaning about every good move that can be taught or learned by totodile is a special type move aside from earthquake. Not to mention you probably won't get hydro pump until post game since you have to be 58.
>>
>>31811218
lol yeah, in hindsight I guess you're right
>>
Cyndaquil
No regrets
>>
>gen1
>fire starter was hard mode and grass starter was easy mode
>gen2 completely reverses this and doesn't tell you

Good thing I always went with solid, dependable water starter.
>>
>>31810501
cyndaquil
bro for life
>>
>>31810501
Cyndaquil. Only a little fire types and some are post game
>>
>>31810501
Chik.
>>
>>31810501
Grass type! My friend always takes water, so I bet it evolves into a BEAST!
>>
>>31810501
Johto has the best-looking starters. Fight me you fools.
>>
>>31810501
None they're all garbage
>>
Totodile was my first bro
>>
>>31810501
All three are shit.

Yes, even your faourite one.
>>
>Chikorita
The Primarina of its Gen. If you picked this you are a tranny in denial.
>Cyndaquil
Normie pleb fire starter.
>Totodile
Patrician choice. Starts as a cute little gator, turns into a beast.
>>
>>31810501
Silver was my first game, so it was literally my first time.
I picked Cyndaquil first, but I was so young I didn't know how to save and had to restart. Picked Chikorita next and even evolved it and got to first Gym. Put my game somewhere and forgot where did I put it.
Started Yellow and completed that, and found Silver again around the time. Now an experienced Trainer, I knew Grass a shit, and picked Fire because I liked playing offensively.

tl;dr Cyndaquil.
>>
>>31810501
The crocodile
>>
>>31811117
>Incineroar
How on earth do you like that thing, especially over Decidueye? I mean Deci isn't amazing, but at least it's interesting, unlike fire/fighting mark 4 "It's Dark this time so it doesn't count!" version.
>>
>>31810501
I picked Totodile my first time but the game wouldn't save so I picked Cyndaquil the second time.
>>
>>31810501
First time: Chikorita

Second time: Cyndaquil because I was a little kid who got frustrated at how terrible Meganium was compared to the rest of my in-game team.
>>
>>31813328
>The Primarina of its Gen
Yeah, if Meganium was actually good in-game or at least a decent mon in general ;_;
>>
>>31810501
I'm pretty sure I chose Cyndaquil myself, but it might have been Totadile too.
>>
>meganium-only run
>end up cloning meganium for my entire team to beat lance at his own tricks
>>
>>31811117
I'd say Chikorita in GSC is harder than Charmander in RB, and for that reason should always be chosen.
>>
Chikorita.

I remember it learned Light Screen early and was a fucking tank.
>>
In the original GSC, there's no point picking Totodile when you get handed the Red Gyarados, which is better than Feraligatr in every way. Cyndaquil is also capable of 1v1'ing the whole game except Claire and Lance, whereas Totodile lacks even solid STAB options due to his best offensive stat being Physical and his STAB being Special.

In HG/SS this isn't as true, Feraligatr is now a good Pokemon in it's own right, but Gyarados now also learns Ice Fang and Dragon Dance by Level Up which means Gyarados + Typhlosion can beat the whole game. Totodile is still a good choice, it's just not quite as good as Cyndaquil from a teambuilding perspective.

Chikorita is, and always will be, trash that should never be picked.
>>
>>31813222
Trips confirm
>>
>>31810501
Totodile
>>
>>31810501
Chose Chikorita on my first Silver run
Ended up boxing it after the 4th gym
>>
>>31817220

Honestly just catching a Geodude solves most of Chikorita's problems. You don't get that luxury in RB, even some of the Grass types and definitely Pikachu can struggle with Misty's Starmie.
>>
>>31810501
Cyndaquil
Thread posts: 50
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.