[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Team Rating Thread!

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 102
Thread images: 23

File: speed creep 1.png (391KB, 803x1199px) Image search: [Google]
speed creep 1.png
391KB, 803x1199px
R8, H8, offer advice, brag, etc. Do it all here!

Pic related, I'd love advice/new names for landorus because fuck me that's the most generic placeholder ever
>>
>>31806563
>Genie
>Ultra Beast
>the worst designed "Mew" so far
>Generic OU mole
4/20 great team op totally not tryhard
>>
>>31806563
swap energy ball for psychic on manaphy, this allows you to hit toxapex, amoonguss and mega venusaur
move the HP EVs on metagross, excadrill and lando into a defensive EV, odd HP allows for more switch ins to stealth rock
switch eq to zen headbutt on megagross
keep in mind you have 4 physical attackers and one special attacker
>>
>>31806563
Baton pass is the most tryhard scummy team you can possibly run. Stall is better.
>>
File: vp approved team.png (325KB, 800x1201px) Image search: [Google]
vp approved team.png
325KB, 800x1201px
>>31806616
How's this? :^)

>>31806696
All solid advice, thank you. I think I'm going to get rid of Buzzwole, too. The physical attacker this is gonna be an issue.
>>
>>31806563
>male scolipede
Change that to female immediately
>brick break on buzzwole
Change that for hammer arm or superpower. Invest in hp instead of speed. Maybe try choice band.
>stone edge on lando
I usually run knock off instead, but if SE if working for you keep it.
>>31806616
>I don't actually play competitively and get all my info about competitive from /vp/ memes: the post
>>
>>31806744
if you do get rid of buzzwole but still want a UB nihilego is a good spe attacker, xurkitree is also decent with a speed pass team especially since you lack an electric type
>>
>>31806796
I'm gonna go back to Xurkitree, has a great way of boosting and is very strong.
>>
>>31806853
make sure youre not stumped by a marowak, tapus and ground types and youre on your way, solid starting team anon
>>
File: Untitled41.png (2MB, 1000x1141px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled41.png
2MB, 1000x1141px
Any comments or suggestions, not 100% happy with my team
>>
>>31806563
http://pastebin.com/7rK1KBCc
Niggas on ladder ain't ready for this Double Dance Hoopa HEAT
>>
File: no_idea_w_im_doing.png (202KB, 644x961px) Image search: [Google]
no_idea_w_im_doing.png
202KB, 644x961px
Been laddering in UU with this team I came up with. It's pretty weird desu but it works well (currently on the 1300).
>>
File: 1.png (134KB, 641x957px) Image search: [Google]
1.png
134KB, 641x957px
My team got called shit last time so I decided to rework it around the main OU threats.
It's probably still shit but at least I won't get 6-0'd by a tapu.
>>
>>31807109
>drop marowak for something else
>play UU with this team
I'll never understand why people like playing OU with a team that would function much better in a lower tier
>>
>>31807157
Because I have really bad special snowflake syndrome.
It's not like I can't replace Marowak on the fly and play UU with it.
>>
>>31807102
wtf is moongus doing in uu, all these broken mons in uu for some reason. I'd recommend getting rid of Azelf, it really doesn't gel with the rest of your team. I'd recommend something like Swampert or Forretress for your rocker, and they provide a much needed pivot.

>>31807109
You team gets chewed up by Ash Gren, Mega Pinsir, and Double Dance Lando. Most of the other major threats in the tier you can only switch into once before they're in 2HKO range.
>>
>>31807102
Drop Incineroar until Intimidate comes out. Also, don't run U-turn on a setup sweeper like that if you do keep it for whatever reason, use EQ or Cross Chop instead. Otherwise, looks good.
>>
>>31807109
>Aerodactyl.

Don't try making the thing your main defogger. Swap Defog and Roost with Aerial Ace & EQ.
Go for a 252 Atk/ 20 SpD/ 236 Spd spread with an Adamant nature. Pheromosa and Scarf Lele outspeeds you no matter what, so there's no point in running more speed.

>Gengar
AV Magearna walls you and lot's of stuff ourspeeds you. Try going with Choice Scarf or Specs and add Trick/Destiny Bond somewhere.

>Scizor
Make this guy your main defogger. Buff it's defenses and HP a little and swap Lum Berry with Leftovers.

>A-Marowak.

Give it more speed.

>Milotic
Go for a 252 HP/ 204 Def/ 52 SpD spread with a Calm nature. Your spread stopped being good around gen 5, so you really want Milo to be more specially defensive.

>Galvantula
That thing only works on Hyper Offense. Swap it for Koko or something.

In general, your team gets destroyed by Lele and M-Metagross, so you might want to swap a poke for a defensive steel.

>>31807211
Top Kek's everywhere, so it's main gimmick is pretty situational nowadays. I'll give Swampert a shot, since my team's only physical wall is Gliscor.

>>31807216
Incineroar's there because I wanted to see how much it really sucks in singles. It actually suprised me quite a bit how bulky and resistant it is,and it can also wall and setup on all fairies not named Primarina. I had EQ instead of U-Turn before, so I have no idea if it's worth keeping in the first place.
>>
>>31807211
Fug

>>31807384
Thanks for the tips, I'll do all of that
>>
File: Untitled.png (128KB, 644x953px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
128KB, 644x953px
So I made this team for some local league, the rules are pretty much VGC applied to singles (Yes, I know that's retarded and limits the mons available, but whatever).
Suggestions are appreaciated
I really want a rocker but the options are garbage and don't really fit in my team, sugges
>>
>>31807501
Is Necrozma allowed? Or is that on GF's vague list of "REEEE NO LEGENDARIES BAD PHIONE BAD!!!!"
>>
>>31807585
Necrozma is banned from VGC.

Left Gyara at 283 to outspeed jolly Buzzwole. Also thinking about changing Marowak's speed EVs but don't know what should I try to outspeed.
>>
>>31807109
I remember this team from last time. decent improvements, but more can be made

you have rocks on maro and aero is a shit defogger. run max speed with jolly and change our defog/rocks with any two of aerial ace/aqua tail/ice fang

Gengar should be timid and dazzling gleam is terrible coverage on it (as is tbolt but less so). I think the best set is shadow ball sludge taunt pain split because you drop a fat shit down stall's throat. ghost coverage is usually enough to work with in today's meta anyhow.

regular scizor is, like, bad. I can respect the desire to run something that shits on mega metagross, but you're pretty restricted in what you can do there because it's a broken piece of shit that almost invalidates balance. Autotomize Celesteela is a good replacement that kinda meets halfway and performs better as a sweeper.

run adamant max speed alolawak. the extra bulky makes almost no difference.

run a better bulky water over milotic. all it does is eat your offensive momentum. tapu fini if you care about removing rocks or suicune if you want a bulky set up sweeper.

galvantula doesn't make sense here. run a scarfer so you aren't completely crushed by offense teams. scarf chomp is probably the best opption.
>>
Rebuilt my team using showdown, which I've never been on before today believe it or not.. Didn't know that Dhelmise and Kommo-o are illegal, is that with vgc or just showdown?
>>
Decided to try Monotype, what does /vp/ think?
A bit cookie cutter, so I want to know what to change and improve
>>
>>31807709
Would DD gyara work in milotic's place?

Scarfchomp is a really good idea, I'll definitely go with him
>>
>>31807854
-Liquidation is better than Razor Shell
-Use slowbro or skarmory if you want a physical wall
-Give your pokemon EVs and natures for fuck's sake
-Use literally any other Dragon besides Kommo-O. Even Haxorus and Flygon are better.
-Needs a revenge killer like Pheromosa, Scarf Lele, etc
>>
>>31807058
liquidation on Golisopod is just razor shell but 10 more bp and 5% more accuracy, so get liquidation on there. otherwise the team seems pretty okay.
>>
>>31806563
Could someone tell me how to teach Mismagius Power Gem in Heartgold?
>>
File: verlisify sets.png (1MB, 876x1417px) Image search: [Google]
verlisify sets.png
1MB, 876x1417px
Which of these should I use?
>>
File: VMAHfz.png (138KB, 648x960px) Image search: [Google]
VMAHfz.png
138KB, 648x960px
Been running this team in doubles. I've been told constantly that water and fighting fuck up this team, but really, I have very little problems with either typing. Closest thing with water is a weather war.

More or less, what I have an issue with is Celesteela and Landorus-T. Greninja's my only option with the former, which he can take out pretty easily if it's not scarfed, and Vikavolt's my only real option with Celesteela. And that barely covers it if she's a tanky stall set. Fucking Leech seed.
>>
>>31808054
Misdrevious learns it at level 50 in Pt/HGSS. Grind it till then and evolve it.
>>
>>31808082
>Ferrothron @No Item

Holy shit dude. How have I not seen that one? Rocky Helmet is Ferrothorn's default go-to item, what the fuck?

Man, it is a good thing that I stopped listening to Verlisify. Can't believe there was a time when I tried out most of his sets.
>>
>>31808008
My bad, was in a rush at the moment. I fixed it.
>>
>>31807871
1. why are you using a mixed Aegislash, replace shadow ball with something else physical and reallocate the evs to attack if thats what yair going for.

2. For Golurk, I recommend running No Guard with Dynamic Punch to replace Zen Headbutt or Ice Punch.

3. For Mimikyu, remove Shadow Sneak and replace it with some coverage of sorts.

Other than that, yair team seems alright.
Then again, I'm no expert on this stuff
>>
is it possible to build a decent team without genies, megagross, tapus and UBs?
>>
>>31808781
Yes, but if you cripple yourself in team building with stupid and arbitrary restrictions building and playing will be less fun.
>>
>>31808781
sure, you play UU/RU/NU/PU
>>
I just threw this team together. Other than their usage is there anything wrong with it?
>>
File: Car.png (138KB, 350x350px) Image search: [Google]
Car.png
138KB, 350x350px
>>31810350
No, I can't see anything.
>>
File: Untitled.png (147KB, 506x750px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
147KB, 506x750px
>>31810350
>>31810354
Ah shit captcha ate it
>>
File: b3b.gif (373KB, 500x346px) Image search: [Google]
b3b.gif
373KB, 500x346px
>>31810354
>>
>>31810360
1) flyinium z + bounce gyara is better thahn water
2) cloyster is ASS. Use Volcarona, Charizard X, Dragonite, Zygarde, Phermosa. Anything but Cloyster for a set up sweeper.
3) 2 z-crystals is dumb
4) Koko just kills itself with Life Orb, use a Zap plate
5) xurkitree is worthless without sticky web/speed pass support

Your team is too offensive. There's no glue, there's no hazards. Try Ninetales + 2 Sweepers and some defensive pivot/stealth rock user, revenge killer and a wallbreaker.
>>
>>31810360
Consider Scolipede/Smeargle over Ninetales if you want to run Xurkitree, you have to boost its speed if you aren't scarfing it. Razor Shell on Cloyster, not Hydro Pump. Lum Berry on Garchomp, Mega Stone or Flyinium Z on Gyarados.
>>
>>31810421
Is lele considered a wallbreaker?
>>
>>31810528
Yes, but consider the many options available to you. Hoopa-U is very, very strong and there are many physical wallbreakers like Excadrill that are especially strong now that Dugtrio bit the dust.
>>
>>31808207
I think he might've just forgotten to put an item in there for that set.
>>
Alright just brainstorming here then. Assume everything has a stardard set

A-Ninetales
Ferrothorn
Toxapex
M-Salamence
Marowak
Porygon-Z
>>
>>31810613
-Remove M-Salamence for M-Sableye since stall is what you're going for
-Remove Porygon-Z for Skarmory or Porygon2 if you REALLY like Porygon
-Remove Marowak for Dugtrio if you're using banned shit
-Actually, fuck it, put Lugia on the team. Best stallmon that's banned. Zygarde with Power Construct, too.
>>
File: FebruaryVGC Team.png (202KB, 578x866px) Image search: [Google]
FebruaryVGC Team.png
202KB, 578x866px
I know and care little about the VGC meta but Mega Mawile beckons me

Any advice and changes would be appreciated in advance
>>
>>31810528
Specs lele yes, scarf no. Other wallbreakers are specs hoopa, band bulu, LO mamoswine, band tyranitar, zard y...

in general a wallbreaker is something that hits incredibly hard, usually even through a 2x and sometimes 8x resist. They don't need to set up to break walls. Of course, some have counters like skarm vs bulu but tailor it to your team. What specific walls do you need help breaking, and what breaker is going to help you with them.

>>31810360

Cloyser is shit, never use it. Your gyara may as well be mega. Xurkitree is outclassed especially since you already have koko. Put rocks on garchomp, replace poison jab with swords dance and change to dragon z move. Replace xurkitree with av magearna to negate tapu lele weakness. Replace ninetales with a better pokemon in general, aurora veil rarely ever works.

Dont take this as an insult but you're clearly a low ladder player. You need to learn how to play properly before you build a team. I honestly recommend using a forum team to learn the metagame and how to properly play before trying to build a team because otherwise youre building in the dark with no knowledge of what you're preparing for.
>>
>>31810633
-Throw your three games
-Obtain Mawilite

Hope that helped!
>>
File: Angre.jpg (85KB, 800x480px) Image search: [Google]
Angre.jpg
85KB, 800x480px
>>31810644
Disgraceful, she deserves better than a jobber
>>
>>31810626
I wasn't going for stall. I'm adding defense to the team. I could add Porygon2 instead but Z is the special sweeper. I'll take what you said into consideration, maybe I will just make a stall team since I have Sableye.

>>31810638
No offense taken.

Alright considering a stall team.
M-Sableye
Toxapex
Ferrothorn
Charizard Y
Porygon2
Zapdos
>>
>>31810715
>2 megas
>>
>>31810667
+broken mega i.e. Megamence or mega mom
-AV Kartana holy shit are you stupid or something nothing can save that sp def especially with megazard y being so prevalent
>>
>>31810715
Remove toxapex if you want a balanced team and not stall, toxapex is borderline useless without Chansey and Skarmory to eat the big scary thunderbolts and earthquakes
>>
>>31810727
Shit alright Pheromosa or instead. I don't want to use Dugtrio

>>31810751
I can use Skarmory but then I'll have two steel types
>>
>>31810715
Remove megazard Y for Skarmory seriously I can't overstate how important Skarmory is

Add in Chansey too at bare minimum, dugtrio for maximum efficiency
>>
>>31810734
It's VGC 2017, there are no megas

AV Kartana is actually a legitimate set on Smogdex as it deals with rain teams, especially Gastrodon.
>>
>>31810776
>worried about having two steel types on a stall team

Oh anon, you're so silly
You could use Tangrowth/Alomomola/Slowbro over ferrothorn if it bugs you
>>
>>31810803
What items should

Ferrothorn
Skarmory
Zapdos

hold?
>>
>>31810789
Okay well fuck me all I know about doubles is from that idiot that was memeing about how scary and op Zard y was in vgc

Still, arcanine is a threat, right? Maybe drop it for something less dunkable by the most popular Pokemon in vgc
>>
>>31810817
>what items should <defensive mons> hold?
leftovers or rocky helmet
>>
>>31810817
Ferrothorn either leftovers or rocky helmet
Skarmory leftovers for now, but shed shell the instant dugtrio is confirmed banned cause magnezone is coming back
Zapdos probably leftovers
>>
File: team1.png (165KB, 574x875px) Image search: [Google]
team1.png
165KB, 574x875px
rate me it's my first team for a while
>>
>>31810851
I'm assuming magmar is your favorite because the rest of your team is pretty solid mons otherwise

Give ttar a lum berry if you really wanna go DDtar. Give ferrothorn sneaky bepples over either knock off or power whip
>>
So the team is

Ferrothorn
M-Sableye
Zapdos
Skarmory
Porygon2
Pheromosa
>>
File: team1showdown.png (190KB, 571x865px) Image search: [Google]
team1showdown.png
190KB, 571x865px
It's mainly just a theoretical team

I'm also considering builds around mega-beedrill and golisopod
>>
>>31810922
You'll never break enemy stall with that, dugtrio or bust baby

Either that or replace pheromosa with another stallmon
>>
>>31811059
Shed shell shouldn't be used until dugtrio is gone and magnezone is back

Also, for the love of god make beedrill your mega, houndoom is trash
>>
>>31811059
>plus nature on uninvested, mediocre stat

For what purpose? Make it careful or impish for maximum benefit
>>
I need a bulky water type for my team, is Gastrodon a decent choice? It comes with recovery and the added benefit of walling koko, it looks pretty good.
>>
>>31811113
Oops, forgot to change that

I was supposed to change that to a careful nature

I did that to reflect the Gliscor I have in-game. Gliscor is my favorite Pokemon so I'm kinda attached. Overall it comes down to, like, a six point difference when redistributing the evs
>>
>>31811170
Seismitoad is more popular in the "water type that walls Koko" department, atm. Personally, my favorite bulky water is slowbro, basically impenetrable and super reliable with regenerator and slack off. Tapu fini is probably objectively the best, though
>>
>>31807384
>marowak
>speed
wew lad i am havin a laff.
>>
>>31811195
>Not speed creeping for various threats and other alolawak

How's sub 1100 treating you?
>>
>>31811189
They look pretty damn similar, but I think I'll go for Gastrodon since I like me some recovery and Seismitoad is so fucking ugly. Danke.
>>
Any good suggestions for a scolipede baton pass battle tree team?
>>
File: VGC.png (254KB, 642x962px) Image search: [Google]
VGC.png
254KB, 642x962px
My VGC team, which I recently updated. Thoughts?
>>
>>31806563
speedpass is cancer and i hope it gets banned
>>
>>31806563
>Ou
>every set in generic 252 252 stat spread
so this is the power ... of fan made formats...
>>
>>31807058
give your dhelmise switcheroo+scarf instead of EQ and use it against those pesky stallers. Or just get a quick rapid spin into death-switch
>>
File: Screenshot_2017-02-17-06-48-48~01.png (1005KB, 1439x2139px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-02-17-06-48-48~01.png
1005KB, 1439x2139px
>>31813056
This is what I'm looking at now, still feel like I'm missing a lot of coverage.. I feel like switch scarmory for gliscor as my wall and switching out pheromosa for any other revenge kill. I don't like using pokemon that could be considered legendary by some people.
>>
File: Showdown Team.png (701KB, 642x955px) Image search: [Google]
Showdown Team.png
701KB, 642x955px
I've been doing pretty well wit this but I could use some suggestions/tips to make it better.

>>31813595
I feel Goliospod could be adjusted or replaced. Why no Attack EVs and yet running a Life Orb?

You're also lacking a way to deal with electric moves, as 3 of your Pokemon are weak to it and only one resists it.

Personal opinion but I think a steel type attack move would be better on Skarm than Brave Bird because it wouldn't damage Skarm and it could hit Fairys. I don't' use Skarm much though.
>>
>>31813595
Looks nice, but fix Mimikyu's EVs. It should have max Atk, not Sp. Atk.

Also, you might wanna swap Scarf for Band in some occasions.
>>
Since I can't figure out how to get a screenshot like >>31814051 without zooming out so far that you can't see shit,

Greninja-Ash @ Choice Specs
Ability: Battle Bond
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Hydro Pump
- U-turn
- Water Shuriken

Tapu Lele @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Psychic Surge
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Moonblast
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Mamoswine @ Life Orb
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Earthquake
- Freeze-Dry
- Ice Shard
- Icicle Crash

Pheromosa @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- U-turn
- High Jump Kick
- Poison Jab
- Lunge

Charizard @ Charizardite X
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Flare Blitz
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake

Garchomp @ Focus Sash
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Dragon Claw

Rate my attempt at hyper offense
>>
>>31814295
>freeze dry mamoswine

Dear sweet Jesus make it stop give it stealth rock or taunt or ANYTHING

Garchomp is the only one that could run a special move, try fire blast. Make mamoswine into the rock setter, it's all it's good for
>>
>>31814727
I was thinking of running edge on it. Honestly sash Garchomp has been putting in a retardedly high amount of work.

Taunt could work though, I'll try that
>>
>>31814295
Have you considered outrage on Chomp over DClaw? If its only role is suicide lead that might get a kill, you're more likely to do it with Outrage.
>>
>>31815897
>SM meta
>Including BUTTON on any of your pokemon

It's about as viable as hyper beam at this point
>>
>>31815907
I mean, Chomper isn't getting more than 1 kill amd not many fairies set up on you. When its role is just suicide lead, I don't think Outrage is bad.
>>
>>31815897
In this meta? Where Tapus are on just about every team? Fuck no.
>>
File: FB_IMG_1486013125639.jpg (15KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1486013125639.jpg
15KB, 480x480px
>>31815907

>mfw hyper beam is viable on Porygon-Z
>>
>>31815942
Do you even know what Chomp is supposed to do? DClaw literally functions the exact same as Outrage for this Chomp's purpose with more damage. The only fairy setting up on you is SD Bulu then he scares it out on the sack with Zard, Phero, or Lele.
>>
>>31811323
>2x Z-Crystals
>Magnet
>>
>>31815979
I guess. I dunno, I just like being able to switch moves, because being able to catch something like Lele or Koko or Meta on the switch and take it out early is really good
>>
>>31816029
The thing is after Chomp gets its first kill after blowing Sash, they're never bringing in another thing that gets killed by Chomp. And nobody is playing games by switching into fairies on an SD Chomp. Let's say you kill Lando with DClaw then they bring in Scarf Lele, you die anyways because you're not surviving a Moonblast. And you certainly aren't switching out a 1HP Chomp on HO. Outrage just makes it slightly easier to get Chomp's one possible kill.
>>
>>31816093
Fair enough, I'll try it
>>
File: pyiD3uK.png (204KB, 573x857px) Image search: [Google]
pyiD3uK.png
204KB, 573x857px
I have no idea what I'm doing - VGC edition
>>
>>31808207
knockoff switchin :^)
>>
>>31816002
And that's the best assistance you can give? Good.
Thread posts: 102
Thread images: 23

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.