[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Let's talk about gen 7 pokemons.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 6

File: autismo.jpg (69KB, 699x485px) Image search: [Google]
autismo.jpg
69KB, 699x485px
What's your opinion on gen 7? FROM A DESIGN POINT OF VIEW. We're not talking about stats and usefulness, only pokemon design, originality, concept.

I think gen 7 has lots of missed opportunities, but it also has lots of great pokemons. Most of them look cool. No generation is without flaws, anyway. I think gen 7 is my third favorite after gen 5 and gen 3.
>>
dumb frogposter
>>
>>31806016
I'll give them a 7/10 as a whole
>>
>>31806016
One of my favorite gens.
I think this is also the only gen where I like all the designs. Especially the bug types.
>>
>>31806016
>gen 3
Why though? Gen 3 was the gen of meaningless tacked-on plasticy parts. It didn't have the same grit or detail as Gen 1 or the wacky cartoonish and well-executed concepts of 5, 6, and 7.
>>
>>31806016
This was honestly one of my favorite gens for pokemon design. Especially with Crabominable, because imo it's the only good crab from a design stand point since kingler.
>>
>>31806016
agreed gen 7 very strong, i love that little cuck toxapex hiding in his spikey tent
>>
>>31806448
>well-executed
They're ugly as sin. Gen III mons certainly departed from the style of gen I and II to an extent, but in an equally promising way, hence why there are so many fan favourites from that period.
>>
>>31806448
what the fuck? gen 3 is legit the best gen in terms of design
>>
Best bugs since gen 5.

Best gimmickmons (and there are a lot) since Shedinja.

For some reason, a lot of the new Pokemon look better in artwork than in the game.

Strong designs overall.
>>
One of the worse generations designwise, Alolan Forms are the biggest fuckups despite excellent premise, they literally showed all the good ones in the first batch because they knew trying to sell the concept on any of the others wouldn't work out
>>
>>31806016
Stats aside, a lot of them have very good designs without being too simple or complicated. My only complaint is the startling amount of humanoid/standing upright mons. Makes them seem less like actual animals in some cases. Not sure how I feel about the Tapus and UBs though.
>>
>>31806766
>Best bugs since gen 5.
Well that's kind of easy to do when gen 6 only introduced a single bug line.
>>
Bug types once again dominate

Gamefreak was actually kind to poison for once

Pretty good starters
>>
Dhelmise pushes them to 10/10
>>
>>31806963
this
bug type designs this gen were fucking amazing all around
>>
File: GuzzuG.png (71KB, 229x400px) Image search: [Google]
GuzzuG.png
71KB, 229x400px
Sorry OP, but a frogposter is not worth giving an opinion to, regardless of how interesting their questions are.
>>
Literally only dislike one design
Decidueye
>>
>>31806016

>pokemons
>>
>>31807419
Fuck off from /vp/.
>>
I loved this gen. A few notable exceptions being the pseudo (wont even google that fucking stupid name) and alolan dugtrio. But stuff like decidueye, dewpider and araquanid, vikavolt, there's just great designs all over
>>
I feel like they nailed all the designs except starters' final evos, and at least those have some serious fans.

8/10 overall.
>>
>>31807419
I can't help but notice you acsadently put
>Decidueye
>For worst design
Let me help you out anon
Here's how you spell it right anon incineroar.
>>
Great gen, third best designs behind generation 3 and 5.
>>
>>31806016
A lot of designs I don't care for, but also a lot of designs I absolutely love. Reuniclus, Chandelure, and Galvantula are a few of my all time favorites.
>>
>>31809254
No, no, he said it right. Decidueye.
>>
>>31810557
No he didn't. It's a known fact that Incineroar is objectively the worst design.

Only idiots would deny that.
>>
liked
>Passimian
>Decidueye
>Torracat
>Lycanroc Day
>Gumshoos
>Toucannon
>Solgaleo

>Alola Sandslash
>>
>>31806016
I've wanted a Dragon/Fighting type since I was a child and they fucked it up. Aside from that I really fucking love mimikyu for some reason alright gen.
>>
>>31806016
There's a few Pokémon I simply despise however some of them are top favorites at the same time and the artictic creativity they had with the UB's in general was a very intresting pay off

The legendary quartet looks very distinguishable from each other but have very common themes

Although this gen did go a bit overboard with waifu Pokémon and some evolutions really fucked over the line with vauge animal relatives. also by far worst starters. Nothing really stood out
>>
>>31813057
>also by far worst starters. Nothing really stood out

This thread is about Gen. 7, not Gen. 5.
>>
>>31813070
Say what you will about Embroar and Samorott

If you're trying to say Serperior isn't elegant as fuck you just have bad taste
>>
Brionne is so cute and Primarina is pretty!
>>
>>31813017
How's everyone spelling "Primarina" wrong? It's not that hard baka
>>
File: IMG_5737.png (157KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5737.png
157KB, 400x300px
>>31806016
To preface this my favorite gen over all is Johto in terms of design. I know a lot of people find them boring but I loved them when they were the new 100 and I love them now with Murrow being my favorite of the bunch since I was a kid.

When it comes to gen 7 I've probably replayed these games more than any other just because I love all the designs so much. I am a firm believer of the Quality over Quantity meme, I think the gens only downfalls are the 4 Pokémon who had abilities that were too good to give to evolved Pokémon being Komala, Minior, Mimikyu and Pyukumuku. I love all of those Pokémon but I feel like they were left unfinished in order for better game balancing and being the artist I am I've made fake evolutions for all 4 except for Minior.
>>
File: IMG_5710.png (442KB, 540x368px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5710.png
442KB, 540x368px
>>31814193
I meant to say Autist not Artist
>>
File: 1480898873261.jpg (432KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1480898873261.jpg
432KB, 1000x1000px
This gen had great designs, especially the more out-there designs. I especially love Celesteela, Guzzlord, Charjabug, Vikavolt, Dhelmise, Golisopod, and Araquanid.

I agree with OP as third favorite behind 3 and 5. Maybe even tied with 5.
>>
>>31806016
in terms of Pokemon designs, Gen 5 and 3 are my faovurite generations. Closely followed by Gen 6 and Kanto. Gen 7 ranks after that. Didn't like Gen 4 at all. Gen 2 doesn't really count to me, considering how some of the new Pokemon were distributed between Johto and Kanto and Gen 2 being a sequel or better said, a supplement to Gen 1.
>>
Really happy about this gen overall. Good starters, good legendaries, love the UBs and the bugs.
I expected much more from the Alolan Forms, as I only really like the ones they first revealed (Ninetales, Sandslash and Raichu).
My favourite designs are Primarina, Silvally and Araquanid
>>
>>31806016
Gen 7 has good designs overall, some cool new ideas(look at you, UBs) but it has the same 2 flaws as gen 6: not really many mons and 1 or 2 lines make you go "huh? that's it? where's the third stage?"
Plus, 90% of the shinies are great this time, but despite me liking the black ones i feel like there are too many this gen.

Just my opinion.
>>
>>31814785
I wanted to add that in this current generation I really like all the ghost types. (But I basically like them in any generation) Especially Dhelmise, A-Marowak, Palossand and Marshadow, other than that I'm a bit disappointed that this generation has so few reliable Special Attackers (if you just play with new Pokemon, like I do). My starter was also Litten, which means I will need to pick between Raichu, Salazzle and Palossand and these are all on the first two islands.. Not much more later on either..
>>
Designs are one of the few good things about this gen. Though I was kinda suspicious of the amount of waifumons they made this gen the great majority of designs are great. I had my qualms with Lunala and Solgaleo before release but they're pretty good given context with them essentially being aliens, along with the Ultra Beasts which are some of the most impressive designs Gamefream put out in my opinion. Only designs I can say I think are garbage are the starters, mostly Incineroar, Primarina and Rowlet's sexond stage. Well Primarina isn't a bad design its just not a good design for a starter.
>>
>>31806016
I adore the new waifus and I love that the new meta is basically Waifu: The Metagame.
>>
>>31806016

as with most generations, it has good designs, bad designs, and a bunch in between, and I feel it's probably somewhere around a bell curve - a few really good, a few really bad, most in between.

sadly, gen VII followed gen VI in being incredibly small - barely 2/3 of the average, which was itself dropped by 10 pokemon after gen VI.

this means that we get fewer of the good pokemon - who were always a smalish portion of the mix anyway.

if the reduced quantity had been matched by an increased quality, I'd be fine with it, but I'm not really seeing that here.

so it has some good, some bad, a bunch of meh, and should have been a much larger generation.
>>
This gen has some good designs (mimikyu, marshadow, some alolan forms) but also contains some of the most dissapointing (ALL starters, ALL ultra beasts, some alolan forms). A lot of gen 7 mons come off as uninspired and forgettable. One of the reasons I'm playing UU this gen is because OU is now home to overpowered, overdesigned, shitmons. At this point i would call OU uber -
>>
File: 1485554664963.png (14KB, 500x600px) Image search: [Google]
1485554664963.png
14KB, 500x600px
>>31815180
>Ultrabeasts
>Disappointing
>>
>>31815613
I feel like UBs were also a bit of a waste for potential, normal-looking Pokemon. Our first Rock/Poison type doesn't even look like its type.
>>
>>31816325
ultra beasts look fine for ultra beasts.

they don't look good for pokemon.
>>
>>31816325
They are perfectly alien and touch a lot of alien aesthetics what with alot of their sleek and apathetic/inhuman demeanors and elements. Guzzlord gets the most shit but he's like a take on eldritch creatures.
>>
>>31817272
guzzlord is a dragon mixed with a black hole and a xenomorph, with dash of goofiness.

Only bad thing about it are its stats.
>>
9/10 honestly. I really feel like less mons means better designs since gen 6 and 7 had some of the best dexes
>>
>>31817348
I always thought he looks more like a weird organic Sharktacon.
Thread posts: 52
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.