[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Edgy rivals

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

File: silverandgladion.jpg (46KB, 378x423px) Image search: [Google]
silverandgladion.jpg
46KB, 378x423px
When Gamefreak announced Gladion, I was hyped for him as he was to be first edgy rival since gen 7, especially after XY bullshit. I was so glad, that I was able to forgive Hau for being 'friendly'.
For my surprise, I ended up liking Hau more than Gladion, because he was more than Malasada, as the majority expected (contrary to Tierno, who was nothing more than dance).
Why did this happen? - GameFreak tried to satisfy fans who wanted another edgy rival (including me), so, unfortunately, they copied many characteristics from Silver.
> unpleasant attitude
> offspring of the main antagonist
> he steals his first Pokemon
> and the most blatant thing - Crobat and Weavile (Silver had Sneasel) - I think this was done on purpose, like they say to us straight in the face that he is just another version of Silver
He sure is different from Silver in some important ways, but his similarities to his counterpart from gen 2 make him less likeable character than Hau in my opinion.
>>
* he was to be the first edgy rival since gen 2 of course my mistake
>>
Both had parent issues and never got enough hugs which made them emo, but Silver decided to be an asshole until he got attention while Gladion was trying to do the right thing but just being a little bitch about it.

>he steals his first Pokemon

Silver steals a Pokemon from the kindly Elm and is cruel to it. Gladion takes an experimental Pokemon that was already being mistreated by Aether and essentially rescued it. He even managed to evolve the thing via friendship.
>>
>>31799414
Are you 16? Don't you have a romhack to work on?
>>
>>31799414
>> and the most blatant thing - Crobat and Weavile (Silver had Sneasel) - I think this was done on purpose, like they say to us straight in the face that he is just another version of Silver
>2 characters can't use the same pokemon
>>
>>31799435
but then again, silver grows as a character and by the end learns to be friendly towards his pokemon, as shown by him being able to evolve golat into crobat.
>>
>>31799414
I don't know why you posted this, but I want to put my dick in both of them.
>>
>>31799455
>>31799435
I wasn't precise in my post.
Frankly, Crobat and Weavile were the main problem, I was okay with the rest, because both of them had different stories.
And yes, if the both have similar characters and roles in the games, it feels to cheap for them to have stereotypical edgy Pokemon, like they could give Gladion another dark type species like Alolan Muk, Krookodile or even Absol. But I liked that they gave him Lucario and Porygon Z which can be a counterpart for Silver's Magneton.
>>
>>31799484
I meant it feels cheap to have the same stereotypical Pokemon
>>
>>31799488
absol would have been a good companion of gladion
>both seem like edgy bad guys at a glance
>deep down are just trying to do the right thing/help
>>
File: 1484852772430.jpg (392KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1484852772430.jpg
392KB, 1920x1080px
>>31799484
I think PorygonZ was a really clever choice, actually. It mirrors Silver's Magneton and it's a good pick for Gladion, since it was supposed to be created to travel through dimensions which was Aether's entire schtick.
>>
>Hau
>more than malasada
About as much as the TVs in Alola are, sure.
>>
>>31799414
Gladion is the shittiest SM character and it's also not a rival, he barely interacts with you he's more like Hau's rival
>>
>>31800523
T. Retard who didn't play the game
>>
File: Kiddo needs a hug.jpg (136KB, 400x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Kiddo needs a hug.jpg
136KB, 400x1200px
>>31799414
Every scene he is in is truly unbearable
>>
>>31799414
I'm not even sure how any of those matter. Unpleasant attitude, but completely different. Most of characters in Pokemon are friendly. If they aren't copies of each other, I don't see how Gladion is Silver's.
Offspring of the main antagonist is a thing, I guess. The circumstances were the opposite for them, though. Silver's father ran away, while Gladion himself was the one who ran from his mother. Both were completely different situations.
Silver steals his first Pokemon, Gladion saves his first Pokemon. Silver does something bad, Gladion does a good thing. Again, the opposite.

Silver was overall pretty boring after Blue, but Gladion was great. I loved him. Though Silver still looks better.
>>
>>31801366
This
>>
Silver and Gladion each have pretty different approaches, their teams being so similar is pretty weak though

Best rivals IMO are Blue, Hugh, Wally, and Hau
>>
>>31799414
A lot of your rivals are pretty much the same characters.

>friendly attitude
>gets their starter from the Professor
>lives in your town
>their parents are often irrelevant people you almost never see

And that's just scratching the surface. They're pretty much carbon copies of each other.
>>
>>31799414

Here's nothing wrong with reusing a concept and executing it differently
>>
>>31801497
Wally makes an exception, and I'm glad that his character was further improved in ORAS.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.