[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: Other Metagame Ideas

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_0087.png (371KB, 1000x592px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0087.png
371KB, 1000x592px
>ITT: We create ideas for Other Metagames
>Can be giving Pokemon anything under conditions (Like STABmons), Mechanical changes (Like Tier Shift), or simply just only having specific Pokemon (Like Middle Cup)

>Know your ABZ-Moves: Z Moves can now be used on multiple Pokemon and your entire team gets a total of 26 Z-move uses.
>Catch is that you can't spam Z moves and must use a different Z move until you can use it again
>>
no legendaries
>>
>>31794262
Pokesmash:
Only pokemon that appeared in smash bros are allowed
Megastones allowed:Lucarionite, Charizardite X and Mewtwonite X

>>31794290
>1996+21
>STILL beliving All Legendaries are broken
>>
>>31794369
>STILL beliving All Legendaries are broken
I never said that though.
>>
If we're talking about Showdown, then bring back sky battles, I was always #2 on ladder and I'm still salty about it getting removed
>>
>>31794369
I just dislike legendaries because you can't breed them.
>>
>>31794526
Banning The legends below is alright
>Phione
>Cosmog
>Cosmoem
But not banning these is completly fine
>Mega Blaziken
>Mega Salamance
>Ageislash
>>
Inputmons:
At the start of the match, you will have to select what you will do for the next 10 turns. If your Pokemon dies, then you do it for the next 5 turns. After you have done your 10 turns uninterrupted, you do it "inputs" again for another 10 turns.
>>
DU.

You can only use mon as good as Dewgong or worse.
>>
>>31795344
this is cool
>>
Tacklemons

You can only use the move Tackle
>>
Hold Two Items OM when
>>
VIP:
You can bring one Uber mon into OU (or designate an OU mon if you choose,) but if it faints, you lose the battle.

151Cup:
Can only use Pokémon whose National Dex numbers are 1 - 151, bar Mewtwo. No other bans, and Alola Forms and Megas etc are allowed.

Fossilmons:
Can only use Pokémon that are revived from fossils, Relicanth, Swinub line, Larvitar line, and Genesect. (Genesect isn't banned just to make it more interesting.)

GADmons:
Only allowed Pokémon are Kyurem-B, Druddigon, and Kommo-o. Species clause is no longer active (though you can only have one Kyu-B because of in-game restrictions.)
>>
3500 cup
Use anything, but the total sum of your teams BST cannot exceed 3500
>>
>>31795482
That's just slightly restricted ubers
>>
>>31795571
make the limit 1500
>>
>>31795387
Finally, a format in which Gumshoos can be S-Rank. I'm assuming no ghost types, right?
>>
>>31795586

Do you have to use all 6 slots?
>>
>>31795482
Make it 2500 and we got ourselves a meta. Mega stones add 100 even without being used
>picking 6 good mons, or 5 greats and a shitmon
>>
>>31794262
>Cyclemons: Attacking moves get a U-turn/Volt Switch effect, status moves get Baton Pass
>Movemons: Pokemon can only learn moves not in their movepools (barring some unique moves, and Sketch can only be used in battle)
>Mirrormons: Each player enters with a half-team, and plays with identical temas made of both halves
>Warpedmons: Swaps physical and special status of moves
>Unimons: Physical and Special stats are combined. The base totals (after IVs, EVs, and abilities) are averaged, and any stage increases to one count for both (+6 limit still applies)
>Large Cup: Pokemon are level 150, following the same levelling formula
>Mega Cup: As Large Cup, but level 200
>Giga Cup: As Large Cup, but level 250
>Mega Giga Cup: Level 500 (Warning: loooooong battles)
>Mysterymons/Deductionmons: All sprites and Pokemon names are redacted. This is not removed by damage.
>Fancymons: Every sprite has a top hat, monocle, and dashing moustache. No other changes.

>>>31795433
>VIP:
>You can bring one Uber mon into OU (or designate an OU mon if you choose,) but if it faints, you lose the battle.
There's already one like that, but with an added Mono/Dual-type restriction based on the "diety".
>>
>>31795638

>Mega Fug, Ditto and 4 Wishiwashi
>>
>>31795731
Everyone keeps telling me about "Gods and Followers" or whatever it's called, but it's really different from what I want for this. The only similar thing is one Ubermon - that one has a bunch of side rules and ignores the gimmick that VIP would have (having your VIP faint making the battle end.) I'm not upset at you for suggesting it, but I want something different.
>>
>>31795849
Alright, I get what you're saying.

Don't particularly agree with it (auto-loss means VIPs would be played far more conservatively, among others), but I see where you're coming from.
>>
>>31794570
#2 isnt quite number #1 though, is it?
>>
>Offensive tier

All Pokémon must only know damaging moves.
>>
>>31796336
I know, that's why I'm salty, I never got to be the very best
>>
>>31795433
151+alola variants sounds insanely fun, especially if we get more buffs for gen 1 mons
>>
>>31794262
Ragemons/Lake Of Rage: Every time a Pokemon takes damage from an attack, its highest attacking stat is boosted by one stage.
>>
Not my idea, but I remember a meta someone started awhile back where base stats are changed so that every base stat is equal to 255-the old stat. Shuckle becomes Deoxys, Rampardos becomes a speedy special attacking wall, most legends and fully evolved mons become shit, and Azurill and Sunkern are the kings of Uber. Eviolite was banned almost immediately.
>>
>>31794290
So, Alola-wak is obsolete the Metagame?
>>
>>31796528
How about 151 + Crossgen Evos + Alola forms?

Or stick to 151 for Eviolite abuse. Don't want to flood the place with Porygon-Z.
>>
>>31799138
Well at least Volbeat can finally abuse Tail Glow.
>>
>>31795344
This actually sounds fun
>>31795731
Mysterymon also seems pretty cool. I don't really get the Cup formats, do the different levels even make a difference? I imagine an lvl 50 Alakazam is gonna hit a lvl 50 Chansey just as hard as a lvl 100 Alakazam with a lvl 100 Chansey
>>
>>31799379
Not really. It makes a difference in LC because the HP is so low, so stuff like berry juice is viable while leftovers is shit. But at higher levels you should hit as hard at level 200 that an level 500 or something.
>>
>>31799379
Defense and Attack involve 2 components.
HP and the defenses for defense.
And attack stats with BP move.
So at lower levels, the defenses are lower while attack has its moves be a constant.

But at higher levels, defenses are much higher while attack is only slightly better by comparison since one component is constant.
>>
File: DamageCalc.png (3KB, 498x44px) Image search: [Google]
DamageCalc.png
3KB, 498x44px
>>31799379
>>31799552
Actually, this is the damage calculation.
I'm not pretending I've found every instance of levels being used in battle, but raw level does have an effect on battles.
>>
>>31800474
The actual effect this has is very small though. The level is in the formula because both HP and defence increase as levels go up, while only attack does, so you need something else to balance it out. That +10 in there means that a high chance to 1HKO might become a guaranteed 1HKO, but the effect is just very small.
>>
Tier mix: Get one pokemon from each tier (Uber, OU, UU, RU, NU, and PU)
>>
No fun allowed: Play using GF's rules
>>
>>31794262
What about an OM where Technician is banned and mons can only use moves whose BP are lower than 70?
>>
File: I love death.png (152KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
I love death.png
152KB, 600x450px
>>31794262
Inverse battle when?!?
>>
>>31800474
>playing a format where stall is even more convenient and encouraged

I think I'll pass
>>
>>31801242
Mega Heracross is now the best Mega in the game.
>>
NO STEALTH ROCK META
>>
>>31794262
That's not how deer are supposed to sit
>>
How about a OM where pokemon can't regain health? All damage is permanent. How would that go over?
>>
>>31802690
HO would be the undisputed best strategy, with Pheromosa being a must-have.
>>
>>31800474
>level 100
+6 252+ SpA Alakazam-Mega Psychic vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Eviolite Chansey: 375-442 (53.2 - 62.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

>level 50
+6 252+ SpA Alakazam-Mega Psychic vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Eviolite Chansey: 195-231 (54.6 - 64.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

it isn't a massive difference
>>
>>31805131
It still might cause enough of a difference to shift the metagame, but it wouldn't be worth its own levels until the levels are at least doubled.

...Maybe a metagame where Pokemon have 2x HP, but halve the effect of percentage-based HP effects like statuses or heals?
>>
>Hidden Information Format
No team preview
All pokemon have stupid disguises and are called "?????" until hit, so you have on idea what they are.

>Items format
You get 10 points to spend on in-game use items like X-Attack, Full Heal, Max Potion, etc. Good items like Full Restore and Max Revive cost 10 points so it's the only item you gets. Decent items like Max Potion and Revive might cost between 5 and 9 points. Okay items like X-Speed and Full Heal might cost 2 points. Useless or outlcassed items like Hyper Potion (or anything lower than MAX) X-Accuracy, Guard Spec, Dire Hit, or Antidote/Burn Heal/Awakening/anything strictly worse than Full Heal only cost 1 point.
>>
I wish Pika Cup was still a thing.
>>
>>31794262
The hottest OMs were First Blood, where the first person to get a kill won, and Hidden Type or something, where each mon gets an extra typing based on what Hidden Power it has. Those were fun as fuck.
>>
>>31808261
>First Blood
How prevalent was Belly Drum + Custap + Explosion Snorlax?
>>
>>31808284
There was some clause with Explosion, I think it was either banned or if Explosion KOs then you go on until the next kill.
>>
>>31801258
It's already a thing.
http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/inverse-playable-on-rom.3590154/
>>
>>31794290
only legendaries
>>
>>31795591
no ghost type can learn tackle i think
>>
>>31795433
>Can only use Pokémon that are revived from fossils
I can understand Swinub (and you should add Yanmega) but why Larvitar?
>>
>Non-STABmons
No STAB moves allowed (includes status moves, and doesn't apply to mid-battle type changes like Castform)

>Little Power
No moves over 60 base power allowed.
Pokemon with Technician are not allowed.
Moves with varied power like Magnitude fail if the end result power is over 60 base power.
>>
>>31808808
Little Power would be Stall, the meta.
>>
>>31794290
I know that all legendaries aren't broke but I would be down for a blanket ban if it meant getting rid of genies and tapus.
>>
>>31807905
what the fuck are you smoking
>>
>Universal Form Change
Alternate Forms can be applied to any pokemon, unless that form would cause a stat to become below 0 or above 255.
IE A Blissey can use the Wash form of Rotom to get Water as its second type, access to Hydro Pump, +15 Atk, +30 Def, +10 SpAtk, +30 SpDef and -5 Speed.
It's essentially Mix and Mega but with forms instead of megas.

>No Spam Allowed
Every move now has the anti-consecutive use mechanic as protect.

>Truantmons
Every pokemon has Truant as their ability plus whatever ability they would normally have.
>>
>>31809357
>It's essentially Mix and Mega but with forms instead of megas
This sounds fire, Hoopa U would probably be instant banned.

>Every pokemon has Truant as their ability plus whatever ability they would normally have
This sounds pretty garbage though, specs volt switch and band u turn every where.
>>
>>31794262
Unreleased OU.

I just want to use Megas and Marshadow.
>>
RNGMons
Basically this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Xtg-79YOEQ but things like Focus Band, flinch, and para aren't 100%
>>
>>31809885
How would you handle evasion? It's too unfair to either have evasion be useless or to have evasion always make them miss. Maybe you could make it so you get RNG points that you spend to rig a roll instead of just having everything be 100% or 0%.
>>
>>31808784
Tyranitar is a t. rex as much a Godzilla, but I agree about Yanmega. Kind of sucks that Yan will be completely useless, though.
Thread posts: 68
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.