[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>We never are going to get another ds tier era

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 4

File: image.png (862KB, 1354x285px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
862KB, 1354x285px
>We never are going to get another ds tier era
>>
The sad part was 3DS era didn't have to be as lackluster as it was, GF's changing dev philosophies already seen approaching near the end of the DS era are what held it back, and even if it changes again to something better it will be too late due to the HD leap being made

Name a single game franchise that peaked after the 6th generation of home consoles on home consoles, you literally can't
>>
>original ranger
>pokemon fucking dash
>DiaPer

kill yourself
>>
>>31790055
There is a reason why the DS is the best selling handheld console.
>>
>>31790130
you shouldnt be a pokemon fan
>>
>>31790130
Yeah, Pikamon Dash was a very bad game but what about Ranger 2, PMD series, Platinum, HGSS, Gen V, and Pokémon Conquest?
>>
Sun/Moon feels like the BW of the 3ds era. Personally I hope their next leap ends up looking like those HD outline-free mods of the game.

>also never lose trainer customization
>>
>>31790130
please leave, you have objectively horrible taste
>>
>>31790158
Uhhhhh, those don't count because reasons.
>>
>>31790159
also you remember the way battle animations looked in Battle Revolution? That's the kind of quality I want from gen 8
>>
>>31790159
The game looks like shit without the outlines, if you ask me. And to make it HD with or without them would be pretty effortless on hardware that supported it.

Main thing they have to work on are the environments. XY had some nice direction, the original concepts probably had a lot of effort put into them, but the chibishit held it back and the battle environments were extremely barren, SM does a better job of filling all the gaps in and out of battle but the actual direction is bland as fuck. The character models in battle are generally pretty good already either way, they've got a good thing going there.
>>
>>31790055
EoS would singlehandedly bring it up to one of the best generations, but HG/SS really seals the deal. Platinum was nice, too.
>>
>tfw you'll never play Pokemon Dash 3D
>>
>>31790159
but BW was a good game
>>
>>31790112
Smash 4
>>
>saving a lot of data
yeah good
>>
>>31790055
3D was a mistake
>>31790295
>3 fps pokemon battles
>laggy menus
>takes 10 full seconds to start every time you launch the game
>>
>>31790309
which games did those? D/P?
>>
>>31790309
>Vs sun and moon's 45 seconds to load, even lower FPS battles and 3-4 seconds between every screen/menu
>>
>>31790336
>>31790333
I was talking about sun/moon
>>
>>31790343
S/M boots considerably faster than any gen 4 games, menus aren't laggy and the only place where muh fps drops a bit is doubles
>>
>>31790350
Play XY just 5 seconds on your 3ds, the menus will feel extremely weird because of how smooth they are in comparison
>the only place where muh fps drops a bit is doubles
and they straight up removed triple and rotation battles because they couldn't make it work
>>
File: 81c.jpg (32KB, 582x326px) Image search: [Google]
81c.jpg
32KB, 582x326px
>>31790350
>SM boots considerably faster than any gen 4 game
>SM booting "considerably faster" than any fucking game

I'm dying
>>
>>31790359
I don't have XY, lel
Besides we were comparing gen 4, correct
>>
>>31790364
I'm serious. Gen 4 took like 3 screens to click through before you even got to the fucking game
>>
>>31790130
>DiaPer
diamond and perl beam kek
>>
>>31790365
Yes, but have you seen how fast gen 4 loads? It's infinitely faster than Sun and Moon load. The battles are also higher FPS, even if it is a considerable drop from R/S/E. Menus/starting the PC also take much less time. The only thing D/P/Pt is really slower in is surfing and saving.
>>
>>31790378
But you can mash through those, whereas the 45 second black void of death before Sun/Moon is unavoidable
>>
>>31790385
I can try it out in a sec, I'll compare the results
also health bars lol
>>
>>31790396
Oh fuck, that's right. Blissey was a goddamn nightmare.
>>
File: tumblr_m8clfqF7qV1qadba2.png (110KB, 429x410px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_m8clfqF7qV1qadba2.png
110KB, 429x410px
>sinnohfetuses
>>
>>31790394
I don't have any black voids, everything is skippable except for the 3DS splash
As for my Diamond copy, the text with the year+company names is unskippable and takes quite a few seconds
>>
>>31790055
>tfw I can't go back to the DS mainline titles because of how much I love the improvements in the newest mainlines all the time
>always end up playing through the spinoffs instead since mystery dungeon and ranger are fun as heck
I understand people harbor enjoyment for theses still, but I find it so hard to go back to the ugly static sprites of gen 4. Black 2 is a little better but I still prefer models, with exceptions like tropius
>>
File: VolcanionHose2_zps2b27f0c8.png (52KB, 690x548px) Image search: [Google]
VolcanionHose2_zps2b27f0c8.png
52KB, 690x548px
>>31790432
As much as I despise the 3ds games, I have to agree that the 3d models are great and look surprisingly good on the 3ds
>>
>>31790430
>>31790396
>>31790350
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K__YIW67eZo
>>
>>31790350
>the only place where muh fps drops a bit is doubles
And totem battles.
And SOS battles.
And sometimes with megas.
Also it happens with some Z-moves.
>>
>>31790683
Don't forget using Hoopa-U or any other Pokemon with moving parts.
>>
>>31790138
There is a reason Gen 5 is the worst selling Pokemon generation
>>
>>31790451
this

i love the ds games but the models are so good and the cell shading is so fucking brilliant
>>
You know what triggers me

When people can't use the right fucking boxart, in this case the B2/W2

it's almost as bad when people use that fake Pokémon Green boxart
>>
>>31790055
>Pokemon Dash
Literally a fucking touch screen tech demo.
Everything else on that list is alright though.
>>
>>31790112
But Pokemon peaked on the DS, which is 7th gen
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.