[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Help me out /vp/?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: 1486870732983.png (34KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
1486870732983.png
34KB, 800x600px
>I haven't played anything Pokemon in a several months.
>It's just hard to play anything in this gen and last gen was barely ok.
>I've spent more time playing Kingdom Hearts 2.8 than I have playing Moon.
>I unironically like every Pokemon, have since gen 1, or, at least, I did, till gen 7, and that monstrosity called the Popplio line.
>I enjoyed gen 4, found it to be rather fast paced. Gen 7, on the other hand... Slow...
Am I losing it? Am I growing out of Pokemon? I don't want to... Save me /vp/.
>>
>>31788990
Where did you get this pic of me
>>
>>31788990
if this is a big problem in your life you need to get a new life
>>
If you find some friendsto compete against in teambuilding and battling (both singles or doubles) pokemon gets way more of a fun challange.

Dude I prepared a new team lets battle! (3am wharsapp)
>>
I can't do anything to help but your last line is correct. Gen IV, even DP, being overtly slow is a meme. Gen VII however is genuinely sluggish as fuck, especially going straight from Gen VI.
>>
> Am I growing out of Pokemon?

Probably. Personally I keep thinking back of gen 5. Fairy type, megas and z-moves were awful changes, even if I like the game my main motivation was competitive and now that's ruined.
>>
File: 1472492185324.png (1MB, 2285x4912px) Image search: [Google]
1472492185324.png
1MB, 2285x4912px
You're probably just feeling burnt out and that's okay. I felt the same way after ORAS and I was actually really relieved that we didn't get a new game in 2015. Moon felt fresh because I was ready for it.

It shouldn't feel like a chore. That's why you should consider taking a break. Go play some other games, take up some different hobbies for a while. If you find yourself missing playing Pokémon, come back and play whichever game you feel like playing most.

Pic sort of related but picked because you said you liked most of the gens.
>>
>>31788990
>I enjoyed gen 4, found it to be rather fast paced
>gen 4
>fast paced
what
the
actual
fuck
>>
>>31789025
Yeah, not really a smogonfag here. I like Sleep, and FEAR Starly is my god.
>>
>>31788990
OP i know a surefire way of reigniting your love for pokemon, but it's kind of a slippery slope and i'm not sure if you want to go in that direction.
fap to pokemon
>>
>>31789133
This actually works. I can't guarantee it'll work forever, though.
>>
>>31789029
No, only Z- Moves, and that's mostly just the delivery, the actual idea itself is ok, but those crappy poses are terrible. Megas are fun, I like the mechanics fine, it's more of an aesthetic level. They look better, bigger, deeper, but everything also looks smaller somehow, like there's too much empty space...
>>
>>31789133
>>31789136
No thanks.
>>
>>31788990
Find something else to do in your life because it feels to me that you're somehow trying cope with depression. You probably don't feel that much different but you want to after playing pokemon but nothing changes, so you blame the game. Who knows, I'm not a psychiatrist. Maybe you actually believe Gen 7 waere actually terrible and disliked where the franchise was heading towards, subconsciously. But you feel bad, guilty even, about the idea of quitting pokemon because you have nostalgia for it. If it is that, just take a [long] break and play some other games

gl op
>>
>>31788990
I may have been temp saved. Gen 2 update hits Go soon, for real. If that doesn't work, I guess I'll binge watch Family Guy or play Skyrim...
>>
>>31789154
Subconsciously, consciously, gen 7 was just bad. Really bad. I feel like every gen managed to 1-up the previous gen, somehow, until we finally got gen 5. Gen 6 was supposed to be amazing, but it turned out to be barely bearable. I kept telling myself, it's just the switch to the new handheld, the 3D probably took allot of work, but then, gen 7 finally came out, I was fairly hyped, despite Popplio, until I played them... And they were actually worse than X and Y, not better... And everyone is always shilling the Fuck out of them like they're great, when they aren't, so I think I'm just disappointed and uninterested now...
>>
>>31789217
Right, I just assumed you still thought Gen 7 were still good games, despite the changes to formula like removing gyms, and still didn't want them to be bad. I agree with you, although I think ORAS was even worse than sm were. And Gen 5 definitely felt like an overall improvement, what? Definitely didn't feel as rushed as gen 6 and 7 probably were
>>
i know this is a pokemon board but why do turds act like pokemon has to be literally the only game you ever play

OP acting like playing KH2.8, a new(ish) game that came out a few weeks ago, more then playing moon, a game that came out months ago that barely offers anything to do once you finish the main game, is something to actually worry about
>>
>>31789105
I assume op means the pacing of the game as a whole, rather than the slow speed of the battles themselves

gen7 you spend a lot of time having control wrested away from you while people talk at your character's stupid face, often after a very short section of game, really makes things feel like a chore to get through
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.