[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

NU or PU?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: toucannon.jpg (32KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
toucannon.jpg
32KB, 480x480px
NU or PU?
>>
>>31788638
NU
>>
>>31788638
NU -male
>>
>>31788638
>>31788638
After they made Gen 6 regional bird useful and gaining the Fire-type they returned to the boring and repetitive Normal/Flying-typing, and the worst part is that it is super frail and slow. At least they could made it useful like Staraptor and Talonflame.

Now Toucannon is competing with Pidgeot and Noctowl for the spot of the worst regional bird.
>>
>>31788724
>Something with defog and a good mega as worst

Toucannon doesn't stand a chance
>>
>>31788724
Toucannon is one of those mons that...

It feels like GameFreak decided to make a bunch of underwhelming mons for the Aloladex, then game them a single powerful move to "balance" them. Beak Blast seems great on paper, but in practice it feels like a failed concept.

Other examples being Parting Shot Silvally, Tail Glow Xurkitree, and Strength Sap Shiinotic.

Is this how GameFreak attempts to balance mons that have low BSTs and bad typing?
>>
>>31788824
Or ability in the case of Gumshoos
>>
>>31788876
True.

When are GameFreak going to learn that "this mon we made sucks, buuuuuut we gave it (thing)" doesn't work?
>>
>>31788907
GF seem to put a focus on double battles so I guess there's a reason for them to be viable for Skill Swap shennanigans or some shit.
>>
>>31788907
Worker great with Bewear at least. I can't wait until I get drain punch on him. Knock off would good too
>>
>>31788638
PUdgeot
>>
>>31788724
Unfezant still has the title of worst regional bird. Pidgeot has its mega, and Noctowl can be a decent special wall. Toucannon is a slow but fairly strong motherfucker. Unfezant is worthless
>>
>>31789358
>Not running a roost detect air slash taunt Unfeazant

Also Unova Bird is much faster and only 5 attack points away from Alola Bird

It just has shit for stab
>>
>>31789358
>fairly strong
Toucannon has 125 attack and Unfezant 115 so not a big difference the problem is Unfezant lacks good flying STAB.
>>
>>31788876
Gumshoes can't even use its ability properly since its not enough of a threat to anything to make them want to switch in most situations.
>>
>>31788724
No, the worst part is that it's just a fucking toucan.
>>
>>31788824
What? No, they don't try to make every pokemon OU, just have some form of a niche. And that worked perfectly
>>
File: toucannon reaction.jpg (47KB, 485x571px) Image search: [Google]
toucannon reaction.jpg
47KB, 485x571px
>>31788638
>>
File: loldragon.jpg (51KB, 400x640px) Image search: [Google]
loldragon.jpg
51KB, 400x640px
Follow your nose. TO DEATH!!!!!!!
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.