[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does anyone even like this thing?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 6

File: 076Golem-Alola.png (154KB, 396x396px) Image search: [Google]
076Golem-Alola.png
154KB, 396x396px
Does anyone even like this thing?
>>
I like it.
>>
>>31787822
Muslims like it
>>
>>31787822
I love it.
>>
>>31787828
>STILL liking Alomomola

>>31787822
Its typing is unique but its stat distribution is bad (is the same as Golem), and by being able to hold an item it does a better job of exploding than Mega Glalie.
>>
I legitimately forget that the Alolan Geodude line exists whenever it is out of my sight.
>>
>>31787822
Yes
>>
I love me some based Jihadmon.
>>
File: 1458788802109.jpg (61KB, 653x495px) Image search: [Google]
1458788802109.jpg
61KB, 653x495px
>>
>>31788308
It's 2017 and Golem has a new form. It's okay to like Golem now
>>
>>31788317
no, it's not
the new form is shit
>>
>>31787822
Nope

I don't know why they even tried pushing the "hairy things on rock" meme again after one failed experiment with probopass
>>
i enjoy the fact that subspeciation apparently caused it to lose its fricken arms
>>
alola gaylem lol
>>
>>31788376
yeah but it's still 2017 and that goat maymay is dead so it's okay to like golem now
>>
>>31788403
Actually, it's only """dead""' because golemposting is a bannable offense now
>>
>>31788420
then that still means that it's okay to like golem now
>>
>>31787822
If it weren't for the stupid tucked-in arms I would.
>>
>>31787822
> No arms
> Unsightly, unflattering hair that mars the design
> Looks like a jew, borrowed too much from Probopass
> No arms, what the fuck
> Looks too much like a DeviantArt redesign
> Base colours don't change, just Golem with stuff tacked on
>>
>>31788856
>Base colors dont change
If it did change then you fags are gonna go on and on about how its just a shitty recolor
>>
>>31788856
What doesn't look like a DA redesign?
>>
I like it
>>
Is Golem the worst Pokemon?

>Shitty, boring design; like a rock turtle dude?
>Colour scheme is brown and brown
>Crap, redundant typing
>Piss poor stats even in gen 1
>Its signature move isn't even unique to it, and its function is to kill it, putting it out of its misery
>Used as a generic mid-level "bad guy" Pokemon in the cartoon, disappears into the background
>They don't even apply game mechanics and allow a Pikachu to kill it with electric moves
>Gets literally the WORST Alolan form, worse than fucking L'Oreal Dugtrio; it's so bad they were too embarrassed to reveal it before release; it's a weird mix between "hurrr funny facial hair", "metal gear rail gun" and "is this okay? is this political commentary? I don't think this is okay"
>Its name is the least creative name of all Pokemon, literally just lifted from a Jewish legend
>There are other, better Pokemon themed on the same legend
>Its three peers (the original trade evo mons) are well-liked: two have Megas, Machamp is the premier fighter in the first ever Pokemon fighting game
>The only Pokemon not obtainable or even viewable without trading in gen 1 (besides Mew)
>>
>>31787822
>STILL not liking Alola Akbar
>>
>>31787822
>gets stubby limbs, which would be fine if it can still roll, but ditches the rolling aspect completely
>railgun feels awkwardly done, it suddenly groundpounds to shoot it? i mean i guess but it still feels awfully awkward
>facial hair iron fillings executed like crap, with Probopass the Groucho Marx mustache feels naturally formed at the most magnetic part of its body, but with Alolan Golem it somehow forms a mustache, eyebrows and a beard all around its face instead of going towards the giant fucking railgun
>and on that note, the fact it pretty much completely ripped off my favorite Pokemon by doing that. Fuck it for that so much.

I was so glad seeing that at least people didn't go full double standard over the facial hair iron filling thing with Golem just because of unique typings and the fact it's Golem.

There are people that do like this thing, but I sure as hell don't. There is no Pokemon I hate more than Alolan Golem.
>>
>>31789119
I'm with you dude.
I know Vikavolt is shit but even he did the railgun thing first too. There is nothing original about Alola Golem.
I just can't comprehend how it was designed by the same guy who did Mega Man Mega Mix, Tyrantrum and the Honedge line. It's like they gave him five minutes to do it in.
>>
>>31789148
Didn't Ariga design both Vikavolt and Alolan Golem?

I want to believe they rushed him on this design, I really do. I lost a lot of respect for him when I found out he made Alolan Golem. I love most of his other mon designs but how much I hate Alolan Golem pretty much almost eclipses that.
>>
>>31789119
The only part on Golem that is made of iron is the beard. Everything else that is black are crystals since its magnetite.
Ditching the rolling theme for the electricity theme makes sense when Graveler and Golem are named after the gorogoro onomatopoeia.
>>
>>31787822
I like it, but I don't like it more than regular Golem.
Besides the fact it copies the woolly Willy thing Probopass had going, and the railgun thing that Vikavolt had going.
>>
>>31789119
>railgun feels awkwardly done, it suddenly groundpounds to shoot it?
Those are two different animations
>>
File: 51w11BX-6aL._SY450_.jpg (45KB, 313x450px) Image search: [Google]
51w11BX-6aL._SY450_.jpg
45KB, 313x450px
>>31789319
>>31789195
Vikavolt did a shit job at the railgun theme. Golem at least has a projectile.
>>
>>31789056
Don't forget Brock's Geodude was useless, never did shit in battle, destroyed by a Pikachu and got outperformed by his Vulpix, who he blatantly loved more.

Don't forget how inconsistent and poorly done it's evo-line is (So it's a rock with arms that floats. then a four armed rock-blob. then it loses it's 4 arms and becomes a turtle)

And the biggest one of all: Onix will always shit on the three of them. Nothing is cooler than a giant snake made of rock.
>>
Competitively speaking, is this thing as shit as it seems? Honestly, it looks like the only thing it has going for it is Galvanized Choice Band Explosions.

It's only other niche is steel trappers...but most steel types beat it one on one anyway.
>>
>>31787822
alola akbar
>>
>>31789384
>is this thing as shit as it seems?
It can function as a wallbreaker with Galvanize.
It is extremely mediocre at this job because it is hard walled and checked by any ground type. Even the more fragile of the ground types popular in the meta have little trouble switching into his attacks.

As a trapper it is completely outclassed by Magnezone and even completely outclassed by Magneton. It is arguably outclassed by Probopass.

Its best set is probably a Sturdy lead with Stealth Rock. Basically, his best set is Golem-Kanto's best set right down to the ability.
>>
>>31789427
That's about what I thought. It sucks, because if you go with Sturdy, you basically have to run shitty ass Thunder Punch as an electric STAB... and it's almost better to just go ahead and run Kanto Golem because at least it'll get STAB on Earthquake.

I was asking because I got a 6IV Adamant Galvanize Geodude in a Beast Ball on wonder trade and was trying to figure out if it was even worth training.
>>
File: IMG_0787.jpg (51KB, 424x600px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0787.jpg
51KB, 424x600px
>>31789366
Vikavolt makes more sense as a pair of pliers when Charjabug is a car battery
>>
>only thing even conceptually good is the railgun
>it's like two inches long when a railgun should be loooong
>can't roll or retract into a ball anymore
Vikavolt does the railgun gimmick but gets it right in the same gen
>ugly fucking facial hair
Has any Pokémon got human-like facial hair and not been massively hideous?
>>
>>31791518
>>31789319
Vikavolt is not a railgun.
>>
>>31789195
I'm still want alolan forms of other past gens. Such as Mewtwo.
>>
>>31789056
>Least creative name

>what is seel
>>
It's pretty decent in trick room doubles. Pair it with a tapu bulu and you're golden.
>>
>>31792512
clever name
>>
I like it. I have Shiny version and named it Barbara from Saint of Miners.
>>
>>31787822
Its 3D model looks like ass, but I like its official art.
>>
>>31789056
Gen 1 did a bad job romanizing some of the japanese names like with Golduck
At least Goroun and Gorounya is clever in that it works for both Rock/Electric and Rock/Ground typings.
>>
>>31787822
I like it, but I don't love it. Vikavolt is the better railgunmon

Too bad they're equally shitty
>>
>>31787832
Actually that would be the Sikh, not Muslim
Thread posts: 48
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.