[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What the fuck is the point of sport moves?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: Water_Sport.png (161KB, 400x240px) Image search: [Google]
Water_Sport.png
161KB, 400x240px
What the fuck is the point of sport moves?
>>
I think they're meant to be used in doubles

Also in Gen 5 the damage reduction was buffed from 50% to 67%

The problem is they're just not worth the move slot. If you want to reduce the power of Fire-type moves, you can use rain, which also has other benefits.

Instead of wasting a moveslot to reduce the power of Electric attacks, you can nullify them entirely with Lightning Rod.
>>
>>31786214
To be a minor annoyance in the mystery dungeon games.
>>
For dyslexic people to confuse with Water Spout
>>
>>31786214
I remember using Ground one with Gyardos in gen 5. Was fun,
>>
File: 1422859160069.png (105KB, 283x302px) Image search: [Google]
1422859160069.png
105KB, 283x302px
>>31787554
s-stop pointing out my insecurities, anon
>>
>>31786214
Sex jokes

No I don't know, there's fucking billions of absolutely worthless shit moves they probably just made because "we need to introduce at least <x> moves of <y> type this generation"
>>
>>31786258
Clearly they're for early game, Anon.

Before you have access to breeding, before you have access to a lot of TMs, before you've beaten the third gym in whatever game; sport moves can simulate the effect of "real" moves until your team reaches the appropriate stage to obtain them.
>>
Early-game stuff. If you want competitive use, there's >>31786258
>>
>>31786214
Auto sport inducers when?
>>
there's very niche uses for them I used Water Sport against Flannery during a Bug-type runthru of Pokemon R/S.
>>
sex jokes
>>
>>31786214
Water sport stacks with rain.
0 hp and spdf iv ferrothorn with a minus spdf nature can live choice specs modest volcarona fireblast with them both up
>>
>>31786214
Bed wetting
>>
>>31787605
That makes no sense. With the exception of Water Sport Budew, no early game pokemon learns a sport move that covers a weakness. Double battles are too ubiquitous in regular play to make the moves even situational.
>>
File: lmao 2 cat.jpg (12KB, 184x184px) Image search: [Google]
lmao 2 cat.jpg
12KB, 184x184px
seems like leftover experimental moves when they were introduced with doubles in gen 3.

do you remember the gen 5 pledge moves? lmao pledge.

>PLEDGE!

lmao
>>
Give wild Pokemon a useless move so that they can waste a turn and be easier to catch.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.