[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does anyone actually care about preserving Pokemon's gameplay?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: 9185639_orig.jpg (70KB, 510x383px) Image search: [Google]
9185639_orig.jpg
70KB, 510x383px
Does anyone actually care about preserving Pokemon's gameplay? It seems to me like the entire appeal is collecting monsters.

Imagine a more standard JRPG, like BoF or Dragon Quest, with multi battles being the norm and all your skills available, except reskinned as Pokemon. Would anyone object to that?

If you want to go further imagine an action game. Pretty insane to think about with 800+ characters, but something like Dynasty Warriors might be feasible. Would you mind terribly if the main series took that direction?
>>
The vast majority of people like the gameplay
>>
Pokemon has some of the best spinoff games of any franchise ive ever played so I could get into that
>>
>Does anyone actually care about preserving Pokemon's gameplay?
All the spin offs have played like garbage, so yes, I'd rather have a secure, decent option.

Everything else in your post can be done by spinoffs.
>>
>>31782180
I'd really like some 3v1 optional postgame bosses, personally.
>>
>>31782180
>Imagine a more standard JRPG, like BoF or Dragon Quest, with multi battles being the norm and all your skills available, except reskinned as Pokemon. Would anyone object to that?
the mess that pvp will be
>>
>>31782180
I would, regular JRPGs are a fucking travesty of menus and cluttered up garbage. Pokemon has what it needs to to stay interesting and can appeal to both casual and competitive crowds.
>>
File: 1.hapu2.png (106KB, 248x228px) Image search: [Google]
1.hapu2.png
106KB, 248x228px
>>31782234
>PMD
>Pokemon Pinball R/S
>Garbage

You take that back
>>
>>31782180
Pokemon is a one of a kind game. I really wouldn't like for it to become jrpg #3725
>>
>>31782644
Yeah, exactly. I'm so sick of generic JRPGs. Pokemon encouraged me to try other JRPGs, but they're all painfully boring garbage that all play the exact same way.
>>
>>31782180
>Imagine a more standard JRPG, like BoF or Dragon Quest
Then it would be a garbage shitfest. Almost all of those classic JRPGs have horrible gameplay that even worse as it goes on with zero skill factoring into them. Not saying Pokemon as of now is a particularly deep system, but its simple enough and its charm isn't ruined by focusing on an absolutely horrid combat system like so many JRPGs
>>
>>31782234

Horrible taste.
>>
>>31782567
Dragon Quest monsters pvp is amazing though
>>
>Pokemon turns into the original monster collecting game, SMT
Sounds pretty great desu
>>
I bet there will be a Pokemon Warriors game in the future. They already did Zelda and it sold well enough.
>>
>>31784019
i would love this if only for the nonstop stream of butthurt when people's favorites inevitably don't make it in
>>
>>31784057
Knowing Koei, they would pick 3-4 expected characters, like Pikachu, Lucario, Charizard ect and have the rest be the most unexpected characters that no one actually wants to play, like Stantler or Patrat. There will also only be 8 characters in total. All the rest is DLC or in an updated version of the game releasd a year later.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.