[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is in your opinion, the best main series game and why is

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 5

File: ladda ned.jpg (13KB, 319x158px) Image search: [Google]
ladda ned.jpg
13KB, 319x158px
What is in your opinion, the best main series game and why is it HGSS?

-No bitchy "friends" that mess with the flow of the game
- great native pokemon designs
- no shitty anime/ waifu caracter design
- overall good main game, despite low level/ not challenging until later
-post game is the best besides maybe Platinum, depends if you count kanto as post game or not
- story never goes in the way of the game
- baller rival
- battle frontier
- best overall atmosphere of any pokemon game
- walking with pokémon
- final battle with Red is iconic

some other things: best competetive/ most balanced generation
>>
best OST

will they ever top HGSS ecruteak city?
>>
>>31777625
Literally Kanto's leftovers the region.
>>
>>31777625
>some other things: best competetive/ most balanced generation

Nigger have you even played the Gen 2 metagame?!
>>
File: pheromosa2.png (137KB, 718x636px) Image search: [Google]
pheromosa2.png
137KB, 718x636px
>>31777649

delete yourself
>>
>>31777625
>no shitty anime/ waifu caracter design
Tell that to Whitney

>overall good main game
No. It's by far the worst in the series.

>best competetive/ most balanced generation
It's the gen that introduced Stealth Rock
>>
File: 1486504497711.gif (674KB, 478x360px) Image search: [Google]
1486504497711.gif
674KB, 478x360px
>>31777659
"Look Mom I posted it again!"
>>
File: 1402004671807.jpg (37KB, 396x382px) Image search: [Google]
1402004671807.jpg
37KB, 396x382px
I mean, HGSS is the only positive thing about Gen 4 but still, my dude. Stop.
>>
>>31777666
whitney is fine compared to the newer games design wise

black/ white has the worst main game, you go around a circle and do what the side characters tell you to do
>>
>>31777649
why is that?
>>
>>31777666
Gen 4 also made the physical/ special split, which overall made the game better
>>
>>31777625
>- great native pokemon designs
You mean gen 1 pokemon?
>>
>>31777625
>post game is the best besides maybe Platinum, depends if you count kanto as post game or not
The credits goes after red, so i would say everything before is suppose to be main game.

also isn't this along with the gen 4 games the ones that forced you the most to waste slots in HMs.

hopefully if they ever do gen 4 remakes they make some of those HM into items, like a lantern
>>
>>31777666
The main game is very good actually. A smaller scale story that feels the closest to a real natural adventure.

>>31778262
Kanto is postgame
>>
It's Crystal because it doesn't have a bitchy friend and group of geishas messing with the flow of the game, and the aesthetics and encounter tables are superior in Crystal
>>
>>31777625
I don't consider Kanto postgame. I personally prefer BW2 and SM because I enjoy the having a more developed story for the singleplayer, but that doesn't mean HGSS had a bad singleplayer. Lack of detailed story meant that people could immerse themselves easier and give traits to the minimally characterized NPCs and player characters to help with the creation of a personalized "journey" without the influence of existing characters. I enjoy doing that in Etrian Odyssey, but it's just not something I can enjoy as much in Pokemon, so I prefer the plot oriented singleplayers.
>>
>GSC did not have Safari Zone
>HGSS adds one
>Pokémon can't have gambling anymore
>HGSS has a new minesweeper minigame instead
>Crystal had Battle Tower
>HGSS borrows Frontier from Platinum

HGSS is better RSE remake than ORAS.

This and Platinum are my favourites. God I miss crossgen evos and babies.
>>
>>31778375
my nigga
>>
>>31777625
>No bitchy "friends" that mess with the flow of the game
>oooh we are mysterious kimono girls who follow you wherever you go, and you are the CHOSEN ONE, now go catch the legendary before you can go to the league
Annoying as fuck when compared to GSC.
>>
>>31778467
true, I just want a game where the legendaries are hard to find and challenging, not part of the main story or obligatory
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (8KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
8KB, 480x360px
>>31777625
>>
>>31777625
>Ridiculous level spike
>Boring characters
>Boring region
>Another boring region
>Boring Pokemon
>Worst female protagonist design
And that is why HGSS are mediocre games, reflected in why they were outsold by ORAS despite being on a vastly more popular system.
>>
>>31778618
We need to have this back.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.