[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: Questions you've always had but forget or are afraid to ask

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

File: consider-the-following.jpg (62KB, 800x437px) Image search: [Google]
consider-the-following.jpg
62KB, 800x437px
I'll start with a few of my own:
1. Which of the commonly competing theories for how Pokeballs work has come to be the most plausible and accepted? Ideal environment theory, or "it gets turned into energy/data", or "it gets temporarily shrunk so it can fit", or something else?

2. How has the Pokemon world not suffered some sort of massive catastrophe that wiped out huge numbers of human lives, given how dangerous so many Pokemon are? Are we seriously to believe the only times that the Pokeworld has faced any threat of disaster are those in the games? I sort of wonder whether the Pokemon world would even exist if we didn't have to suspend disbelief.

3. At the Battle Chateau, what would happen if all the participants who had ever gone there were to eventually reach the highest rank, and newfags were no longer joining in to replenish the lower ranks?

4. As more games are created, more features are added, more regions are invented, more Pokemon types are added, more Pokemon moves are added, etc., how would GF handle the inevitable problem of the people in the regions in the very first games looking like they've lived under a rock for so long?
>>
>>31775619
>I remember that rival in Unova calling Kanto a rural area, and Ash a country bumpkin.
Was that really something he said, or was that a dub edit? Which rival was it, Shootie/Trip?
>>
>>31775619
Oh, and to your point about the guardians...who's to say that they won't fail at their guardian task or accidentally inflict collateral damage?
>>
>>31775579
The ideal environment theory is really farfetch'd, I think the real answer is just that they get suspended in energy form j side the Pokemon, so to them it's as if no time is passing while they're inside it.
>>
File: Poké_Ball_sketch.png (54KB, 627x630px) Image search: [Google]
Poké_Ball_sketch.png
54KB, 627x630px
>>31775579
Considering Pokemon are conscious and can speak and react from inside the Poke Balls, they must have a mouth and a brain. I remember your Poke Balls trembling when facing Ghetsis, which Ghetsis claims is probably your Pokemon shaking with rage. I doubt these are things "data" can do. There's also absolutely NOTHING backing up the data theory, so I don't know why anyone would even consider it unless you're a retarded YouTuber.

If there's an ideal environment for a Pokemon inside Poke Balls, the Pokemon has to be temporarily shrunk to fit in. So the first and third options are basically the same. Since different types of Pokemon have different catch rates, there's probably some sort of environment inside. Like Net Ball, for example, is liked by Bug-types. If it was the same, then all Pokemon would like it. Same for Luxury Ball. It makes a Pokemon happier, so it must be more pleasant inside.

As far as any "official" statements go, we've got nothing from GameFreak. HAL Laboratory, who work with GameFreak often, did state in Poke Ball's description in Smash Bros that it has an ideal environment for a Pokemon inside. That's the only time this subject was directly addressed. Taking all of this into consideration, I'd say ideal environment is the one that makes the most sense. There's absolutely nothing that goes against this theory and there are many thing things pointing towards it. Unless anything comes that contradicts this theory, I'd say it's same to assume it is the correct one. Even the original concept of Poke Ball implies Pokemon are just shrunken, not made some data, and with the introduction of different types of Poke Balls in Gen 2, the "ideal environment" part fits in.
>>
>>31777349
This post is written like a high school essay.
Good catch on the Smash Bros thing though.
>>
>>31777349
Then if they're not turned into data how do they get into the PC essay-anon?
>>
>>31777378
I'd say Poke Pelago offers a good explanation for that. When they're put in the box, they're actually somewhere else, not just sitting inside a PC. PC is used as a mean of transporting them, similar to how Ride Pager allows you to call Pokemon.
>>
>>31777390
Oh, and another detail to back this up, Bill, the creator of Pokemon Storage system, was working on a "Pokémon teleportation" system, not something that turns Pokemon into a data or puts them into a box.
>>
>>31775579
Pokemon lore and canon is a total mess. There's no making sense of it. It's really the easiest thing to cherrypick and headcanon your favorite bits and pieces and compile it into one coherent narrative.

As for the older regions, there's always remakes.
>>
>>31777431
Pokemon lore is fairly simple. There's a simple to understand answer for most questions in-game. It's just that instead of looking for that answer, people just come up with their headcanon and spread it around like it's true, which has lead to a lot of bullshit surrounding the series. That, and people confuse the anime with the games, and try to apply the anime rules to the game which leads to even more confusion.
>>
>>31777390
>>31777397
Where exactly are they transported to, then? The center of the earth? Under the sea? The moon?
>>
Why was this post deleted after so long?
>>31775619
>>
>>31777522
Wherever the PC connects to, I suppose. It's the Poke Pelago in Alola, but we've not been shown where in the rest of the regions.
>>
>>31777511
>Pokemon lore is fairly simple. There's a simple to understand answer for most questions in-game.

Oh, it is simple. What I actually meant was that it tends to contradict itself or go in nonsensical directions. If every word in the pokdex was treated as law, then near every pokemon is a walking time bomb or a danger to stand next to. Yet, preteens handle them with barely any trouble.

That's not to say it's bad, though. I do prefer Pokemon to be this way. But it's still pretty apparent whenever you apply an ounce of logic.
>>
>>31777602
The Pokedex is full of bullshit, I'll give you that. I forgot about it when I made my post. Other than that, though, I don't remember any contradictions. That was what I was trying to say. It's all straightforward and simple.
>>
>>31777534
I guess we can just imagine some giant pit in the middle of bumfuck nowhere in each region, then.
>>
>>31777663
Even if there are no other contradictions, it IS true that there's a lot of handwaving and other laziness that goes into explaining certain shit that happens. That's what we get for playing a game aimed first at little children.
>>
I have one. How could GF bring a more adult style to the pokemon games. I mean, about the story, the general ambiance, not poképhile stuff but adult atmosphere with the same art (2D or 3d graphics, it doesn't matter)
>>
File: statchart.png (5KB, 388x176px) Image search: [Google]
statchart.png
5KB, 388x176px
>>31775579
Not sure whether this is the right type of question, but is there an easy way of making custom Smogon stat-graphs? Like an editor or something that you can put numbers in and this pops out, color depending on value and whatnot. I feel like I've seen it done on fake evolution/fakemon threads before.
>>
>>31781840
Well I mean they are sorta doing it by incorporating more romance.

But I mean a common theme of all these games is how nice and happy everything is. Nobody dies, everybody is saved, everyone is super-friendly to you except some of your rivals and the villains, etc. The villain plots are mostly straightforward, their characters/motivations lacking in complexity and their plots devoid of logical coherence.

Yeah, you could use "edgy" to describe how I'd make a better game, but prefer to call it "less sugarcoated"
>>
>>31777349
>HAL Laboratory, who work with GameFreak often, did state in Poke Ball's description in Smash Bros that it has an ideal environment for a Pokemon inside.
The Smash trophies are also notorious for their poor fact checking.
>>
I can't use Pokemon Bank because I deleted my old save file.
What the hell am I supposed to do now?
>>
>>31784989
Pls respond before I freak out.
>>
>>31785611
I'm literally shaking.
>>
>>31782550
Make a file in Excel
Export it as a template
Boom
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.