[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So what's her actual name?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 96
Thread images: 6

So what's her actual name?
>>
>>31773099

She doesn't have one
>>
>>31773099
Mizuki
>>
Chicken-chan
Okay, no. Her real name is Moon. For all adaptations so far, it's Moon. Even in Japanese. Though she was going to be called Lana, according to some data found on the game.
>>
>>31773099
Mizuki
Moon
Selene

Those are the only official names I've seen used.
>>
>>31773107
She must have, all the other protags have one, even the male SM protag who's called Sun.

I know in Japan her name is Mizuki, but what about the US?
>>
>>31773099
Benedict Cumberbatch.
>>
>>31773099
Melon
>>
>>31773117
In Japan she's called Mizuki.

Moon I think is just the manga character's name, whom you shouldn't confuse with the game character.
>>
Luna

Male MC is Saul
>>
Name 5 things that aren't Chicken-chan.
>>
>>31773298
Lusamine
Lisia
Lillie
Looker
Lovrina
>>
>>31773117
>Females always get the name of the "second" game
Is anyone else triggered by this? My autism hates it.
>>
>>31773645
No, women should be behind men after all.
>>
>>31773662
>Oh boy Mom, 4chan! I can post shitty opinions here and no one will know who I am!
>>
>>31773645
No, not really. It isn't disparaging if you're look at it from a sexist perspective, either, because both versions are equal. The order that they're typically said in dud to the aesthetic of the speech has nothing to do with supremacy, and it follows that the same will be true of the MC's status. It's simply a pattern that has been useful in following.
>>
>>31773298
Bane
CIA
Mosquito Man
Dr. Pavel
Brother
>>
>>31773645
>>Females always get the name of the "second" game
Oh yeah, Pokemon Serena, I remember when that game out.
>>
>>31773684
>opinions
Do you have aspergers and can't tell when people aren't being serious?
>>
>>31773645
No, not always. Try to look deeper.
>>
It's Selene, Moon is another character the same way Sapphire isn't May.
>>
>>31773684
You're retarded enough to take this seriously?
>>
>>31773298
Arcanine
Professor Oak
Gardenia
Regice
Jackie Chan
>>
>>31773645
The moon is often associated with femininity, though, hence Lunala's dex entry and the exclusive UBs. In this case it makes sense.
>>
>>31773111
/thread
>>
>>31773645
i thought autists liked patterns?
>>
>>31773645
>second game
They were released at the same time, ya frickin' dip.
>>
>>31773127
Moon
>>
>>31777151
see
>>31773845
>>
Selene I believe. And the male character's name is Elio.
It's based of the god of the Sun and the goddess of the Moon I think.
>>
>>31773127
Actually no, not all protags have a name, are you this that you missed all the threads about that?

>>31773845
Actual source on selene?
>>
>>31777172
>>31777177
good job.
>>
>>31777187
>Actually no, not all protags have a name
They do though.
>Red
>Leaf
>Ethan
>Kris
>Lyra
>Brandon
>May
>Dawn
>Lucas
>Hilda
>Hilbert
>Rosa
>Nate
>Serena
>Calem
>>
>>31777187
>Actual source on selene?
English version of the game's default name.
>>
>>31777207
>Brandon
*Brendan
>>
>>31777207
>>31777207
>leaf

Its a fan picked name anon. Also, its brendan.

>>31777211
Used in?
>>
>>31777251
what do you mean used in? Pokemon Sun and Moon of course.
>>
>>31773763
She was Y in the manga. Sapphire, White and Whitwo are similar cases. Crystal and Platinum take it further by being named after the third versions, though both cases had good reasons (Crystal was introduced in the third version, Platinum's name was a mystery until the game was revealed, both were solo main characters in their eponymous arcs). So it's not wrong to say the first of each paired version always gives its name to the male protagonist.
>>
>>31777267
I obviously mean the instance the name is used. Or is it just internal data? Because that's as good as leaf.
>>
>>31777277
We're talking about the games here anon.
>>
>>31773099
Ignoring the bullshit, either her name is Moon, Selene or she has none.
In Sun's case, his default design had been named "Sun" in almost everything. All the Trailers and the Demo, so it's safe to assume that's the correct name. In Chicken's case, she wasn't in the Demo, and the Trailers often named her "Moon". I say often because the name "Moon" was also used for customized designs, not just her default one, so it isn't as credible.

So Moon, Selene or nothing.

>>31777267
You don't get a default name in SM. That's why he's asking where you got that from.
>>
>>31777324
>>31777296
English demo, the same way Sun is known that way.

>that's good as leaf
Leaf isn't even a default name in the game, unlike Selene.
>>
File: Selene.png (691KB, 900x541px) Image search: [Google]
Selene.png
691KB, 900x541px
>>31777345
>Leaf isn't even a default name in the game, unlike Selene.
What? Selene isn't the default name either. It was used ONCE to refer to a second female character, because you can't have two Moons. That's it.
>>
File: sm names.jpg (42KB, 764x430px) Image search: [Google]
sm names.jpg
42KB, 764x430px
>>31777296
Right here.
>>
>>31777345
>English demo, the same way Sun is known that way.
Demo didnt let me pick a girl.

>>that's good as leaf
>Leaf isn't even a default name in the game, unlike Selene.
Yes, its on the game data among other options. Leaf is the one we usually go with for practical reasons.
>>
>>31777355
Demo name!=default game name.
>>
>>31777354
>It was used ONCE
So? Does that make it not count?
>>31777358
Leaf isn't the first name you're given.
>>
>>31773099
Why the actual fuck does it even matter? Just like Leaf, she doesn't appear. If we're okay with Leaf having no name, why does her name matter?
>>
>>31777366
>So? Does that make it not count?
No, but in all other Trailers she was named Moon. I'm asking why you're picking a name that appeared only once to act as filler over the name that appeared multiple times.
>>
>>31777367
>If we're okay
Speak for yourself.
>>
>>31777372
Because it's a regular name and helps differentiate from the manga character.
>>
>>31777376
Red and Blue are irregular names. Silver is an irregular name. What's the problem with Moon if they're all okay?

And probably just a coincidence, but all of these irregularly named people are from Kanto. Moon fits right in with them.
>>
>>31777366
>Leaf isn't the first name you're given.
Yeah, I sorta implied that when I said we picked it for practical reasons. Are you sure you know how to read anon?

>>31777376
None of those are valid reasons. Specially when you have a character called red.
>>
>>31777372
The same way people decided that the first name they see for a character is theirs on the name input screen, people decided the first name given for SM protags would be Elio and Selene beause it's not the default Sun and Moon names.
>>31777382
>Red and Blue are irregular names. Silver is an irregular name
Those are also from the old games, every single game afterwards did it in another way.
>>31777383
See above.
>>
>>31777382
>>31777383
You do know that besides Red himself, all the playable characters' names were decided by the public thinking that the default name is their real one simply because GSC confirmed Red's name was indeed that?

In other words, if people think that Selene and Elio are the names because of the official video footage, then that's what they're going to be ''called''.

Not that chicken chan is going away anytime soon though.
>>
>>31777392
Yes, but what's wrong default Sun and Moon names? They're the ones we see first, and they're the ones we see last. Selene appears only once. So why exactly are we forgoing the default names in favor of something that appears only once?
>>
>>31777392
>The same way people decided that the first name they see for a character is theirs on the name input screen, people decided the first name given for SM protags would be Elio and Selene beause it's not the default Sun and Moon names.
Most people I see correctly call the male sun. Promotion names have been always ignored for a while since they tend to differ from the actual ones (yvonne/serena). They should inly be used if there's nothing else which is not the case for sun. Elio is wrong.

>>Red and Blue are irregular names. Silver is an irregular name
>Those are also from the old games, every single game afterwards did it in another way.
Yes, we take them from the characters being npcs or actual statements which is what i'm asking for. You personal preferences arent an argument.

>See above.
You havent proved shit so far.
>>
>>31777410
Not really. Besides Red and Blue, all characters have been given official names. Pre-release popular names, like Yvonne or Blaire were completely ignored.
>>
>>31777410
>You do know that besides Red himself, all the playable characters' names were decided by the public thinking that the default name is their real one simply because GSC confirmed Red's name was indeed that?
.....no, that's not the case at all, are you from 2001 by any chance?
>>
>>31777392
>Those are also from the old games, every single game afterwards did it in another way.
How is that any argument? She has been consistently named Moon. Male character was called Sun in the demo. These are very recent things. They're not old.
>>
>>31773099
Moon. Mizuki if you're a higher level weeb than me.
>>
>>31777417
>Yes, but what's wrong default Sun and Moon names?
They're being discarded because that naming input hasn't been used since R/B/Y.
>>31777419
>Most people I see correctly call the male sun.
On /vp/ maybe, just google ''pokemon selene''.
>Yes, we take them from the characters being npcs or actual statements which is what i'm asking for
They're taken from the default names given by the game, Red is the only playable character that became a named NPC.
>You personal preferences arent an argument.
Nowhere have I stated my preferences, good job proving you have bad reading comprehension.
>>31777421
>all characters have been given official names
where?
> Pre-release popular names
Nobody's talking about those 100% fanmade ones though.
>>31777423
It is though.
>>31777426
> She has been consistently named Moon.
where?
>>
Her name is Mizuki in Japan, so why would the English version be simply Moon?
>>
>>31777437

>On /vp/ maybe, just google ''pokemon selene''.
Selene is the female we're arguing. Not sun. You have bad reading comprehension.

>They're taken from the default names given by the game, Red is the only playable character that became a named NPC.
Ah, you havent played any pokemon game after gen 2 I see.

>Nowhere have I stated my preferences, good job proving you have bad reading comprehension.
You did. You mentioned the "irregular names" and that selene makes her different to her manga counterpart.

>where?
Pre release statements and npc appearances. If you had been following the franchise this long you'd know.
>>
>>31777437
>where?
RSE/ORAS protagonists appear as rivals, called Brendan and May, so their names are officially in the games.
DP protagonists appear as Rowan's assistance, called Dawn and Lucas, so their official names are also in the games.
Same applies to HGSS protagonists. Ethan and Lyra. They appear as your friend, with their names.
BW protagonists appear in Battle Subway, called Hilbert and Hilda, making those their official names.
You encounter BW2 protagonists in Nimbasa, and their names are Rosa and Nate, making those their official names.
XY protagonists are your rivals and have Serena and Calem as their names.

So yes, all of these are officially given names. Not popular fan names that were recognized.

>Nobody's talking about those 100% fanmade ones though.
Hilbert was called Kuro in Japanese trailers. People called him Kuro or Black pre-release. Despite the popularity of the name, it was ditched in favor of Hilbert. So no, it's not just 100% fanmade bullshit.
>>
>>31777437
>> She has been consistently named Moon.
>where?
In the trailers. The same place you're getting this Selene from. Difference is, unlike Selene which was only used as a one time filler, Moon appeared in almost every single one of her appearances.
>>
If we were to take the demo as evidence then Brendan would be called Orlando, Calem would be called Xavier, Hilbert would be called Blaire etc.

The only valid way of knowing the names would be to ask an official rep.
>>
>>31777515
Hilbert, Calem and Brendan appear as npcs in the games proper.
Sun doesnt so the best we have is the demo.
>>
>>31777468
>Selene is the female we're arguing.
Hence why I typed ''google pokemon selene''.
>You did
No I didn't, in fact I prefer Sun and Moon to Elio and Selene, but nice try.
>You mentioned the "irregular names"
I'm not the one that brought them up and that's not a statement of preference at all.
>and that selene makes her different to her manga counterpart.
How does that imply any preference at all?
>Pre release statements and npc appearances
where?
>>31777481
>>31777531
>Hilbert was called Kuro in Japanese trailers
So the SM protags aren't called Sun and Moon is what you're saying then, since they're just promotional names just like Xavier and Orlando? Good to know.
>>
>>31777531
>Hilbert, Calem and Brendan appear as npcs in the games proper.
Obviously, that's why I used the word ''would''. In other words, there's no evidence whatsoever of the gen 7 MC's names because they don't appear as NPCs nor is there an official statement.

They have no names.
>>
>>31777541
>So the SM protags aren't called Sun and Moon is what you're saying then, since they're just promotional names just like Xavier and Orlando? Good to know.

It would also mean that they aren't called Selene or Elio, so that would lead them to having no name. I'm going with Sun because, unlike in Orlando or Blair's case, he has this name in both the demo and the trailers. It's the only name associated with him. In Hilbert's case, for example, the demo called him Blair, but the trailers called him Kuro. That name was disqualified just right there. That's not the case with Sun. He must have some name, and Sun is the only choice we have.

And just because demo names have been discarded before doesn't guarantee the same will happen again. If it does, he's not Sun. It hasn't happened so far, so he is Sun.
>>
>>31777541
>Hence why I typed ''google pokemon selene''.
Quoting my mention that sun is called sun. The paragraph was about people taking names from the videos. Seriusly, learn to read.

>I'm not the one that brought them up and that's not a statement of preference at all.
It is, you have to say what's wrong with them in order for it not to be about preferences.

>How does that imply any preference at all?
What's inherently wrong with them having the same name?

>where?
Already answered ny other anon.

>So the SM protags aren't called Sun and Moon is what you're saying then, since they're just promotional names just like Xavier and Orlando?
Not him but xavier and orlando have alternatives in the games proper. Sun doesn't so that one goes. I'm not arguing it has to be moon since I have to se proof of that. So with selene which you havent provided.
>>
>>31777558
Sun is an official name that hasnt been overriden.
>>
>>31777565
>I'm going with Sun because, unlike in Orlando or Blair's case, he has this name in both the demo and the trailers
But that's just a completely irrelevant promotional name just like Orlando and Xavier.

>so far
Nope, that's just your personal assumption based on something that has always been wrong in deciding character's names.
>Only choice
A fanmade choice.
>>31777571
>Quoting my mention that sun is called sun
You're being petty, you very well know that either name would fit this argument, I just gave an example.
>It is, you have to say what's wrong with them in order for it not to be about preferences.
No it's not, you are doing nothing but assuming things, I already told you I prefer Sun and Moon to Selene and Elio, what more do you want?
>What's inherently wrong with them having the same name?
I'm going by the logic of every character after gen 1 having different names to their manga counterpart.

Also, Sun and Moon are just promotional names like Xavier and Orlando. People using those names is a fanmade choice the same way people are calling them Elio and Selene because of Helios and the latter meaning ''moon'' in latin, besides those names also appearing in the trailer.
>>
>>31777600
Selene is Greek. Latin would be Luna, like Lunala.
>>
>>31777588
>overriden
But the past examples prove that every single time it's just a promotional name that isn't the actual canon one. There's nothing to override if there isn't anything in the ''canon slot'' in the first place.
>>
>>31777605
Oh right, my bad.
>>
>>31777600

>You're being petty, you very well know that either name would fit this argument, I just gave an example.
Sun appeara in the demo. They arent on the same situation.

>No it's not, you are doing nothing but assuming things, I already told you I prefer Sun and Moon to Selene and Elio, what more do you want?
I was asking why it wasnt a matter.of preferences, not your own personal preferences.

>I'm going by the logic of every character after gen 1 having different names to their manga counterpart.
You're not saying why its bad for them to have the same name. Why is it? If you cant say why, its.preference.

>Also, Sun and Moon are just promotional names like Xavier and Orlando. People using those names is a fanmade choice the same way people are calling them Elio and Selene because of Helios and the latter meaning ''moon'' in latin, besides those names also appearing in the trailer.
Sun
Is
On
The
Demo
>>
>>31777618
Orlando was also on the demo, does that make it official?
>>
>>31777612
>>31777612
Or the names are the same.
Even then, the reason we need a name is for practical discussion reasons, not solely canon.
>>
File: image.jpg (26KB, 425x345px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
26KB, 425x345px
>every game since RS has the opposite gender protag show up in the story or at least a small cameo with an official name
>for some reason this stops in SM
>>
>>31777626
It was on an official product of the franchise so its unargiably official.

What you're probably asking is if its canon, and the answer is that it isnt because the male oras mc is called brendan in the games. Sun isnt the same case.
>>
>>31777600
>But that's just a completely irrelevant promotional name just like Orlando and Xavier.
How? Because it hasn't happened before, it can't happen now?

>Nope, that's just your personal assumption based on something that has always been wrong in deciding character's names.
What the fuck? There's no "assumption" involved here. He has been only associated with the name "Sun" in literally everything.

>A fanmade choice.
The trailers and demo aren't fanmade, for fucks sake.

>>31777612
>>31777626
If you're gonna go there, BW didn't have a demo. It was, technically, "beta version", so it really means nothing.

So your whole case here is that because one time, just ONE TIME the demos had wrong names, every single demo name from now is wrong.

This is beyond autistic. I give up. You win. Sun has no name and will never have one.
>>
>>31773099
she's a lesbian, right?
>>
File: masuda-pokémon.jpg (82KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
masuda-pokémon.jpg
82KB, 500x500px
>>31777652
>for some reason
>>
>>31777654
>having a name in the demo is completely 100% incontrovertible proof
>but having a name in a beta is meaningless because I say so
>>
>>31777744
That's not Ohmori.
>>
>>31777767
Not him but the demo is a released product you can already use. It definitely has more priority than a beta we'll never play.
>>
>>31777652
I assume it's because this is Kanto's 20th anniversary, so they created some similarities between the two. The protagonist is an 11 year old kid from Kanto whose counterpart doesn't appear.
>>
>>31777821
Posting ohmori would mean not posting le epic masuda hate.
>>
>>31777862
Then make the meme relate to both.
>>
>>31773099
I'm perfectly ok with her forever being referred to as Chicken-chan
>>
>>31778105
She's already lost the -chan and is mostly just referred to as Chicken now. Which is even better.
>>
>>31773099
Lilly Laney
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J2_aGv9K4_A
>>
File: IT BEGINS.jpg (61KB, 620x351px) Image search: [Google]
IT BEGINS.jpg
61KB, 620x351px
>>
>>31773684
Go back to Tumblr
Thread posts: 96
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.