[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Heartgold / Soulsilver

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 5

File: lugia-vs-ho-oh-1280-1024.jpg (974KB, 1280x1024px) Image search: [Google]
lugia-vs-ho-oh-1280-1024.jpg
974KB, 1280x1024px
Is it me or are those games much harder than usual Pokémon games?

Prior playing Heartgold I had played FireRed and Platinum and those two were pretty normal difficulty-wise, but here with Heartgold despite battling with everyone as I always do and not skipping anything the average level of my team is mediocre at best.

When I got to the Elite Four all my Pokémons (team of 6) were only lvl 37. I managed to beat Lance with my Gyarados using Avalanche (which all crit'd) and because his Thunders missed, but it was really by pure luck, had his Dragonites used Thunderbolt instead I wouldn't have passed him and would have probably been forced to level up my team 5 to 10 more level.

Now I arrived in Kanto but I haven't beaten a badge yet. I don't have ground type in my team so the thunder badge is just a joke. Tried the psychic one but I'd just get everything killed in one hit by Psychic. I realize my post might sound ridiculous since Pokémon games are not heard per se and I just need to level up, but here is the problem, even wild Pokémons in Kanto are freaking level 25 or something, I feel like the experience curve is sort of messed up. When I play Pokémon games I never "try hard" either, I play casually and usually make up a team of Pokémons I don't always play for the fun of it, so I sometimes end up leveling somewhat weaker ones thinking it'll be fine anyway.
>>
GSC and HGSS do have fucked up level curve and are the easiest games in the series. Beginning of Kanto and E4 might be troublesome without a solid team since those are the bumps. But just get any Ground or Dark type and you should have no problem.
>>
Forgot to say I have appropriate natures, made eggs to level my team from lvl 1 if possible, good held items and best possible moves.

>>31769000
>Ground or Dark type
Nope too late for that, I'm not going to abandon anyone from my team.

Meganium
Noctowl
Arbok
Misdreavus
Gyrados
Arcanine (still a Growlithe, waiting for Fire Blitz)

>the easiest games in the series
How so? I'll admit it Johto was pretty easy, the first 7 badges that is, but now I hardly see it. Though indeed if I had a ground & dark one I might not be whining right now.
>>
>>31769072

If you want areas to grind, there's a spot in route 47 where you Waterfall and you can battle pokemon that give out fairly high amounts of exp. then when youre around the mid 40's you can simply slap up the E4, until you're at the levels you want to be as they won't get their rematch level until you beat Blue.
>>
>>31769072
Everything in Kanto is around the sama level range. Once you get one the others are a piece of cake.

Meganium resists Electric, so you could lead with it to set up something fun like Light Screen to protect your team.
>>
shit level curve that requires excessive grinding =/= difficulty
>>
>>31768974
It's just you. They're piss easy. The level curve is bullshit, they kept it just about on par with the equally easy original Gold and Silver.
>>
File: pVPCo.jpg (184KB, 1200x650px) Image search: [Google]
pVPCo.jpg
184KB, 1200x650px
>>31769156
>until you're at the levels you want to be as they won't get their rematch level until you beat Blue
Oh that's good to know, I thought their level had already increased so I didn't bother. Cheers.

>>31769171
I get what you mean, had a hunch they had kept it that way since Gold/Silver.

>>31769175
You're correct. Just wondered if others had felt like me.

If I'm not mistaken Heartgold & Soulsilver are often considered like the best Pokémon games, though Platinum is often mentioned too.
>>
File: 1435549223309.png (502KB, 570x800px) Image search: [Google]
1435549223309.png
502KB, 570x800px
>>31769245
If they're "piss easy" compared to other Pokémon games, then what's a Pokémon game that's considered "hard" then?

Won't take "they're all piss easy for an answer" since I'm only asking about Pokémon games here, there has to be a hardest and an easiest.
>>
>>31769250
Gold and Silver introduced most features to the series ever and had lengthy singleplayer campaign. Heart Gold and Soul Silver only improved on that with modern mechanics and new features like Pokéathelon, Pokéwalker, Battle Frontier, Safari Zone and even made a whole new Game Corner. By comparison the last three were in RSE but were removed in ORAS.

HGSS has it's problem with Johto mon availability and the level curve. But aside from that they are just packed full of features and content.
>>
>>31769266
BW2 Challenge mode and Platinum were the hardest for me. Sun and Moon also had some good enemy teams once in while.
>>
File: candiceteam.png (68KB, 526x631px) Image search: [Google]
candiceteam.png
68KB, 526x631px
>>31769266
I mean, they are all easy. That's just the truth. They're designed for children and people have to come up with their own fan-made ways to make them harder (Nuzlocke).
Platinum was harder, just look up side by side sets of the gym leaders in both.
Pryce and Candice are both ice type gym leaders, both gym badge 7. This is Candice's team. For comparison, Pryce's strongest is level 34.
>>
>>31769266

For games that play like the mainline games, Colosseum, XD (Orre Colosseum) and the Pokemon Stadium games are the hardest.
>>
File: 15802975.jpg (375KB, 799x880px) Image search: [Google]
15802975.jpg
375KB, 799x880px
>>31769357
When I was young I think Gold & Silver were my favorite ones for that reason (16 badges, Kanto surprise/nostalgia), although I really loved Saphhire back then too; it was extremely comfy. I haven't played the Omega remakes so I don't know how these are.

>>31769366
I have good memories of the Elite Four+finale in Platinum, was pretty tough in a good way.

>>31769406
I remember having a hard time against her Froslass as well yeah. On the other hand I don't find comparing HGSS to Platinum that way really fair considering Johto's level curve and storyline being radically different than standard games.

And of course they're all easy.

Also for the record I haven't played 3DS Pokémon games yet, and I just read this,
>Exp. Share
>In Generation VI, it is now a Key Item, and experience and effort values are given to all of the Pokémon in the party individually. Pokémon that do not participate in battle will only gain 50% of the possible experience.
That's damn overpowered.

>>31769455
I just had the very first Pokémon Stadium game (played the games on my TV - never owned a Gameboy). I must say I was blessed, the >>> speed thing was the best, leveling up Pokémons up to 100 was a piece of cake and I felt terrible for people who had to to this in normal speed on their Gameboy.
>>
>>31768974
its not just you OP. They are definitely harder. I never played HG when it was released and it seemed much harder than the original gold was imo. But I just came off of playing X and Sun so those games are piss easy in comparison.
>>
>>31769455
Not surprised someone would say this considering Doubles allows for different strategies.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.