[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

PTCG/PTCGO General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 319
Thread images: 55

OP forgot the title, ignore the other thread edition

Last thread
>>31734920

New? Check the pastebin for advice on starting the game, client information, a guide on the various theme decks/products you can redeem in-game and more.
>http://pastebin.com/gPEnw6GW (embed)

You can also check this FAQ:
>http://i.imgur.com/HoY1IaG.jpg (embed)

How to progress in PTCGO, tl;dr edition:
>complete all Trainer Challenges (Cheat Engine's speedhack strongly recommended to speed up AI games) to get 45 free packs
>play through using Basic decks to unlock them for versus play
>farm Versus Mode theme ladder for Tokens and Tournament Tickets
>Enter Theme format tournaments whenever possible
>enter Standard/Expanded ticket tournaments and accept that you'll lose
>you'll get tradable tournament chests and sometimes tradable packs
>DON'T OPEN THEM
>Instead, trade them for the cards you actually want for a deck you want to build, most cards go for like 1-3 packs each.
>Public trade is like the GTS, if you want proper results, put up your own offers.
>if you don't know what deck you want to build yet, see http://www.pokebeach.com/forums/forum/tcg-competitive-play.156/ or check out tournament results for a list of viable decks http://www.pokemon.com/us/play-pokemon/state-province-championships-2016/decks/week-four/
>more frequently updated decklists w/tournament results can be found at http://thecharizardlounge.com

To see what your PTCGO stuff is worth, look on the PTCGO forums in the trading section. Top Cut & other big trading companies will typically overprice cards, expect to get lower. Keep pack value in mind when trading.
>http://forums.pokemontcg.com/forum/33-in-game-item-exchange/

Tips for Code Giveaways:
>Post them as an image with the QR code covered. Don't just post it as plain text, bots may snatch them, don't post uncovered QRs, bots may snatch them
>Standard etiquette is to take one code per dump per person
>Always post your pulls
>>
>trying to play a memedeck for my daily challenge
>opponent keeps countermemeing me faster than i can meme him
>>
>>31766631
>trying to build a memedeck
>no one has the cards you want, and the cards people do have they arent willing to trade
its just some poison barbs people, you weren't gonna use them anyway
>>
>>31766926
When you want to build a meme deck, you gotta create your own trades, because no one but you know the real value of that card
>>
>>31766926
psure I traded a playset of them for 2 packs at some point.

what kind of meme are you even doing with barb, seems like a shit tool to me.
>>
>>31766952
toxicroak/carbink damage immunity memes, the barbs are a cheap replacement for hypnotoxic and i couldn't think of any other tool to use
>>
I want to build a deck where I abuse Gumshoos, Red Card, Team Skull Grunt and N to make my opponent miserable. What's the best primary attacker to benefit from extreme disruption?

I was thinking Giratina because I could block special energies with Chaos Wheel, then scout and discard them with gumshoos/grunts indefinitely. And maybe a Darkrai or two to benefit from running the 4 DDE you need to run with Giratina.
>>
>3 matches in a row of starting hand with 2 vs seekers, 2 suer rods, a basic and 2 evolutions not for that basic
>first draw is either energy or stadium

Really makes my Abra teleports.
>>
Newfag here

Should I save stuff and play theme forever untill I can trade for a shaymin or what?
>>
>>31767503
shaymeme rotates in 6 months anyway
>>
>>31767547
Oh fug a rotation is coming?

What sets are getting out? I've already done some trades for standard, I would be mildly mad to discover the cards I got are getting gutted
>>
>>31767503
Play theme intil you get around 500 coins then buy a SM theme deck.
These wont rotate, give you balls and supporters for the new standar.

I guess it should go from best to worst:
>grass>fire>>>>water
>>
>>31767611
nobody knows for sure, at least everything before breakpoint, possibly more.
>>
>>31767684
>At least everything before BREAKpoint
>at least everything before BREAKthrough

Fixed that for you.
>>
>>31767678
I forgot the fun part.
Once you buy the deck, copy it in the deck management tab and strip it down from all the shit card like not completed evo lines, unnecesary amounts of energy and redundant trainers. Then fill it with your cards.

Hop into vs lader with that deck, as your rating will be low you will be paired with literal kids and meme decks, and since you are an adult, your totally-not-theme deck will get easy wins.
>>
>>31767118
Just play a mill deck with gumshoos and hope for the best.

Honestly I think gumshoos is too clunky for decks that could actually use it's ability. Being a stage 1 sucks because it means you need at least 2-2 for it or you will lack consistency.

Not that I'd agree with playing a deck reliant on items though right now, lurantis/vile is probably a top 3 deck right now with only one really bad matchup against volcanion but meanwhile shitting on almost every other deck consistently.
>>
I've been looking at trying a scizor ex / solgaleo gx deck. I figure the combination of reverse valley/shield energy/fighting fury belts would make it difficult to take out constantly rotating scizors (3 hit for 120 dmg attacks). Has good synergy with ninja boy and tauros gx too.

I'm a little worried about the damage numbers though. With a 110 base + 10 from fury belt it cam 2 shot most cards, but the stage 3 gxs may be a problem. Is there anything else besides kukui i can run to try and hit 130+ a little more consistently?
>>
>>31767503
Shaymin-EX is not 100% necessary for most decks, it does give you a significant draw advantage over those not using it, but I think that over the next few months people will start to understand how much of a liability a benched Shaymin can be. It's definitely a huge issue against 2HKO centric decks that run 4 Lysandres like mantislock since most 2HKOs are OHKOs against a 110HP pokemon.

I've already seen people running 2-3 Parallel cities in decks that normally wouldn't run them just to kick their Shaymins off the bench and debuff the mantis.
>>
Just wanna throw this out there. People who run raticate break and ariadose combo should fucking neck themselves.
>>
>>31768080
I posted this list here ~2 threads ago, in theory it sounds good but I didn't pursue it further for the same concerns you had, this list is a little different though in that Solgaleo is the primary attacker and Scizor is just there to create space and play against non-EX decks where Solgaleo simply can't make cost effective trades with his discard attack.

You do have pretty good potential against EX/GX lists because Solgaleo trades very well with them, but until FOGP rotates decidumeme is way, way faster than you and will start sniping cosmogs if you can't get a pair of Solgaleo online quickly. If you're just using Scizor as an attacker you're better off carrying 4 float stones instead of 2/2/2ing Solgaleo imo, even with item lock as a concern, ability lock (specifically cards like Hex Maniac can really, really disrupt the flow of a deck like this, even if they aren't running garby itself) is present in more decks than item lock and fucks you all the same.
>>
>>31768147
>not 100% necessary
>it's been run as a 1-2 staple in every deck since it's release

Yeah, whatever you say buddy. It's a staple card for a reason, the draw support is why you run it and people have been running parallel for bumping their bench way before sun/moon became a thing. It's a tech card for rayquaza, rainbow road, and a general disruption/utility card.

Shaymin will remain a staple until it's rotated out later this year and even when it's rotated out it will remain a staple in basically every deck in expanded.
>>
Check these trades:

>2 Passimian for 1 SS
>4 Eevee SM + 1 Jolteon AO for 1 SS + 1 FC

I have no SM packs to offer, are these good enough to not get ignored?
>>
>>31768259
The eevees are reprinted tbqh, you might be able to get the eevees for dirt cheap, and also passimian is just a meme
>>
>>31768349
The eevees aren't reprinted, they have a different retreat cost so you can't use the old eevees from furious fist which alone make them a needed buy for standard.

That being said, all those cards are quite cheap.
>>
>>31768388
aw just noticed that, thanks for letting me know, I'll trade them to people hopefully they'll fall for it :^)
>>
Does rainbow energy activate the eevee ability?
>>
>>31768259
>>31768349
Are you running Passimian and Mew? I feel like that's the only way it's going to work.
>>
>>31768499

No since Energy Evolution requires you to attach a basic energy

>Not reading the cards

thatsapaddlin.jpg
>>
>>31768540
These are for different decks.

None of those decks are serious.
>>
>>31768210
Nice to hear from someone whos actually tried it out. You're definitely right about the ability lock issue. Cosmog sniping is a pain as well. Might still try it out for the hell of it though.
>>
File: The face of ptcgo.png (25KB, 140x118px) Image search: [Google]
The face of ptcgo.png
25KB, 140x118px
>Tips lucky helmet
>>
>>31768623
Those fucking fedoras are everywhere famalam,
I have 6 of them trade locked and not sure how I got them
>>
File: umbreon memes.png (735KB, 932x590px) Image search: [Google]
umbreon memes.png
735KB, 932x590px
I see variants of this fucking deck everywhere these days, it's really fuckin annoying.
>>
File: Capture.png (744KB, 939x591px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
744KB, 939x591px
I feel bad for anyone playing against this deck.
>>
>>31768755
Time to build a passmonkey deck my friend.
>>
>>31768755
>>31768785
These look fun to play, especially the sableye one
>>
>>31768695
>avatars don't work in WINE for some reason
I don't know what I'm missing but I'm probably better off.
>>
>>31768841
Sableye guy here, I still need to test it against Night March, that's the deck I'm really worried about. Once they pull out an EX like Mew or Celebi, I'm all set, but until then, GG
>>
>>31768977
I have one too, the machup is really hard, what I do is to Lyssandre the Pumpkaboo and keep taking the stadium and DCE until they choke out of energy, without the stadium, he can't night march with just a DCE
>>
what should I spend tokens on if I already bought SM deck?
>>
>>31768841
Yeah Sableye/Garb is really fun
>>
>>31769026
Wait, this is an established deck? I came up with this myself, didn't even look at other people's Sablegarb decks.
;-;
>>
>>31768785

I don't play Expanded at all, but doesn't Sableye tend to run multiple Trick Shovels?

Also, how come there's no Ace Spec?
>>
File: m'lotic.png (71KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
m'lotic.png
71KB, 250x250px
>>31768623
>>
>>31769050
Because I'm poor.
And yeah, it's not really necessary to have them- it's more a bonus than an actual necessity. As long as you have either Trick shovel or Team Rocket's Handiwork, you can mill them out. Even then, you can survive perpetually with the Super Rod, as long as they're not running any milling cards. And you have both dark energy.
>>
File: pls help.png (106KB, 694x139px) Image search: [Google]
pls help.png
106KB, 694x139px
>>31767254

I think pic related is the worst one I've ever had.
>>
Can't wait for the Guardians of Alola set so I can do dank frog memes deck

Politoed has 130HP, a one energy attack that summons a poliwag, poliwhirl and poliwrath to your bench and one that deals 100 damage for [W][C][C] that returns him and all cards attached to him to your hand. Poliwrath has 150HP, one attack that confuses and one attack that deals 80+80 to any pokemon with a special condition for [W][C][C], the same energy makeup you need with politoed to scoop him up.

Combine Poliwrath with Ariados and you can smack niggers around for 160 a turn, slap a choice band on and you OHKO any non-mega, non FFB'd EX. Fucking dogshit matchup against Lurantis but it'll be funny a few times at least.
>>
>>31769022
If you don't have enough tickets for the number of tournaments you want to play, play token buy in tournaments.

If you're not playing tournaments atm, just buy ROS packs and hope for Shaymin-EX pulls. It's not impossible to get them either, I've pulled 2 Shaymin-EX from online ROS packs.

Once you have 2 or 3 shaymin just buy whatever packs you feel like drawing.
>>
>>31769089
I just had all three of my water energy end up in my prize cards.
How even
>>
File: tapu bulu.jpg (70KB, 328x431px) Image search: [Google]
tapu bulu.jpg
70KB, 328x431px
>>31769092
Another not so meme deck is Bulu + Vikavolt, Bulu can hit for 180 for [G][G][C] if he discards all of his attached energy. Vikavolt can attach both [G] and [C] every turn so if you have some other reliable way to get energy you can go nuts with this card.

Plus they both benefit from the Aether stadium that gives grass/electric types 30 damage resistance to attacks.
>>
>>31769144
Yeah you know what, after fighting against a team with 0 retreat cost and 1-energy non-EX attacks, I'm throwing in Team Aqua's Base.
>>
File: Mapping.png (553KB, 2000x650px) Image search: [Google]
Mapping.png
553KB, 2000x650px
my SM box finally arrived today (fucking europe man), and I thought I'd investigate this mapping idea for myself. So I laid out my pulls in exactly the order the packs were opened out of the box. Well huh, look at that.

Do not buy loose boosters for this and all future sets from fucking anywhere. Sealed boxes or singles or you're throwing your money away.

Alternatively buy boxes and sell the crap packs without even needing a scales.
>>
>>31769663
I also got a box of the RS reprint and tried the same. No pattern at all. All I pulled: a Gallade-Ex and a Dragon MRay. Nothing but AT cards after that. Cry with me.

I think I might even prefer the mapped out box because at least you are guaranteed six cards in the box instead of the 2 I pulled from the RS.
>>
>>31769683
2 lurantis is pretty good for your SM box though. And you're not really 'guaranteed' six cards when Lunala/Lapras/Primarina GX are all basically shit.
>>
Has anyone considered a Decidueye GX deck? That ability is stupid strong, and max potions are a pretty clear choice when it doesn't even need energy to deal a ton of damage.
>>
>tfw your opponent cant read the text on your carbink and drags the game out for ten minutes with his all ex deck before finally conceding
>>
>>31769815

From what I've seen, Seismitoad-EX/Decidueye-GX is a workable variant for Expanded.
>>
File: 1414987137643.gif (474KB, 450x343px) Image search: [Google]
1414987137643.gif
474KB, 450x343px
>>31769878
>Tablet fucked up the name field

At least it didn't fuck up my trip.

>>31769827
>tfw when you fuck up your opponent's Safeguard 'mons with an EX that has an attack that ignores all effects on the Defending Pokemon.
>>
>>31769915
thankfully i haven't been on the receiving end of that feel yet
>>
>>31769915
>tfw you pack your deck with Hex Manic and Pokemon Ranger and you literally don't care
>>
>>31769815
only literally half of the people playing ladder at mid-high elo
>>
File: Capture.png (1MB, 1279x727px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
1MB, 1279x727px
Do you ever just
open a tradable pack?
I know I do.
>>
>>31769978
>>31769943

I mostly do this in Legacy, Ability Klinklang combo is godly.
>>
Ditched the Ariados I had in my Lurantis deck for 2 Eevee and 1 of each eeveelution, much better tech option 2bh, it even makes the Volcanion matchup not-unwinnable if you can get a Vaporeon up early enough.
>>
File: Beary Good Fam.jpg (206KB, 909x529px) Image search: [Google]
Beary Good Fam.jpg
206KB, 909x529px
How much will these sleeves cost famalam?!?
>>
Is there anywhere that collates translations of all currently known cards in upcoming sets? Right now I'm just scrolling through the latest articles on PokéBeach to find them one by one.
>>
>>31770006
>trading packs
>not opening every single one and trading the shitmon for good cards
>>
What is the likelyhood of them ever making Ultra Beasts?
>>
>>31771216
Kinda tedious, doncha think?
>>
>>31771312
100% ? I think they make card of every single Pokemon.
>>
>>31771312
I really really really want this to be a thing, but I feel like it probably won't ever be a thing.

I was thinking it'd be kinda like fossils, where you need a trainer card to put it on the bench- maybe not as specific as the bottom 7 cards, but it could use the Beast ball to get it out.
>>
>>31771338
They could pull some serious bullshit

>your opponent raises your deck at any random card and reveals it, if it is an Ultra Beast put it into your bench. Otherwise, put the card back in your deck and shuffle it.
>>
So basically Ether then, except for Ultra Beasts. And Swampert and Search Ticket can't help you.

Beautiful.
>>
>>31771338
I hope they bring back the lost zone and call it ultraspace.
>>
>>31771719
This too.
I'm a sucker for alternate win conditions.
Hence, Sableye
>>
>>31771334
Sure they do.
>>
>>31771312
I'd be very surprised if they're not the theme of SM3, like how SM2 is the Island Guardians.
>>
File: XY11_EN_102.png (118KB, 245x342px) Image search: [Google]
XY11_EN_102.png
118KB, 245x342px
Why does it exist?
>>
>>31771338
How about this: You need to have a cosmog on your bench and attach the box thing Lusamine puts Nebby in to it as a tool card, then you may discard Cosmog and its tool to play an UB from your hand.

Alternately, play supporter Lusamine, who allows both players to search their deck for as many UB cards as they wish and place them on their respective benches.
>>
>>31771823
>he doesn't run the town map x4 greedy dice x4 rotom dex

just you wait motherfucker, I'll KO your GX and get all 6 prizes for it.
>>
>>31771839
Alternatively, just use Rotom and Swampert.
Because Rotom Dex is banned.

Also, Greedy Dice doesn't work if you use Town Map.
>>
>>31769663
>from anywhere
My FLGS watches people and makes sure no one pulls any funny shit
>>
>>31770540
Look up "pokebeach SM1 spoiler"
So far only four SM2 cards have been spoiled, Tapa Tio, the field card, Lycanrock, and the kahuna man
>>
File: IMG_0485.jpg (175KB, 682x938px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0485.jpg
175KB, 682x938px
>>31771770
???
>>
>>31772140
No, see, Abomasnow exists, but M-Abomasnow EX doesn't.
>>
>>31772065
another sucker born every minute.
>>
>>31772157
Ah. Well, I stand corrected
>>
File: 1348897101651.png (82KB, 356x257px) Image search: [Google]
1348897101651.png
82KB, 356x257px
>play volcanion
>get plume locked t1
>>
>>31770006
I buy one single a week, which I'll open.

If a tin/box/ETB is released and I'm picking it up, I'll trade those packs for whatever is standard currency.
>>
File: hqdefault (1).jpg (17KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault (1).jpg
17KB, 480x360px
>>31772302
>play volcanion
>only mon in opening hand is EX
>no N or Sycamore
>opponent doesn't play theirs

I really need to make a more consistent meta deck that isn't Yveltal, but 3x/4x steam up on a FFB Volcanion is too much fun.
>>
>>31772160
We watch the boxes and pulls.
We're pretty sure the FLGS shuffles the packs.
>>
>>31769663
I tried this recently but the packs were mixed and all I got out of my shit were a Primarina-GX and Tsareena.
>>
>>31772677
like I said.
>Do not buy loose boosters for this and all future sets from fucking anywhere.
that works both ways. you could have easily got nothing at all.
>>
>>31772743
I know a shop who doesn't know shit about tcgs, they have a sealed box to sell after they sell the rest of the current one that I pulled a golden UB out of. I plan on raking out that one unless someone comes in and just buys it for 144 dollars or however much.

I mean the average box is 1 RR, 1 FA, and 4 GXs with a holo potentially being taken up by a SR or full art trainer. You spend about 50 bucks in packs, and if you hit it all your worst possible pulls are 50 bucks in singles.
>>
>>31772304
I open a tradable pack if I go on a 5+ win streak.
>>
Do any decks other than vespiquen actually use 4 shaymemes? I have a full play set with 3 tradeable and I'm considering trading them for pack value, think I'll wait until the next set drops though.
>>
>>31772945
Ray
Gard
Other sky field memes
>>
>>31771770
No Mega Banette either or Mega Sableye, my ghost pokemon collection will never be complete
>>
>>31772945
I've never seen a Vespideck with more than 2 Shaymin
>>
>>31772880
>with a holo potentially being taken up by a SR or full art trainer.
is this right?
by my calc I was thinking they probably go something like, holo-special-holo-special-holo-special and so on for every third pack. Within that then, the holos would be the constant, while the "special" slot goes GX-GX-different-GX-GX-different and so on. That different card then, being some kind of super rare such as an FA trainer/FA GX or a secret rare energy or item at some ratio.

It's actually fucking ridiculous to think about they would set it up in a decipherable manner but ehh. Guess I'll just focus on finishing the XY block as a collector fag instead of buying their new fuckwad rares.
>>
>>31773030
A lot of them run 4 because all of the pokemon in a vespideck are filler anyways, most of which are chosen for how easy it is to get them in discard. Shaymeme lets you pull more cards out if you need to or you can just sycamore it into discard if you don't need it same as a Klefki or w/e.
>>
>>31772968
If EX are totally done with now and replaced with GX, i've a feeling that they never will either
>>
>>31773417

>Implying they wouldn't eventually make Mega GX Pokemons that would evolve from the base forms similar to how Mega EX works

PCL will probably bring every mechanic back at some point except LEGENDs
>>
>>31773417
I'm banking on a more limited selection of EX cards, possibly limited to pokemon that can mega evolve and legendaries. More normal pokes get GX designation and a pseudo-Z move.

I'm hoping they do a small release of new megas and reprint of old megas not long before swap, because I do think that mega evolution is a cool mechanic. The fact that Choice Band is a thing makes me think that they don't plan on entirely doing away with EX cards in the near future.
>>
>>31773441
why the fuck won't they bring those back? those were sick cards.
>>
>>31773441

How did the legend cards even work?
Did you need to get both pieces before you could play them?

Just started the tcg at the end of Evolutions.
>>
>>31773496
You had to have both pieces in your hand to play them, and aside from the first 2 IIRC they were worth 2 prizes.
>>
>>31773496
Why would they try to purposefully obfuscate such vital information?
>>
>>31773567
idk, all I remember was the Palkia/Dialga card was hilarious bullshit, almost makes me want to play legacy just to try to get some copies of it and run it.

idk how the mechanic works in PTCGO but the card says it adds the top 2 cards of your opponent's deck to their prizes so i fucked around and tried to mill my friends by prizing their vital cards.
>>
How many packs is a Shaymeme worth on average? I'm new to this game, and looks like I'll need at least 2 Shaymemes to build a decent deck.
>>
Stop me if me if being stupid, but why is there no ability to filter your collection by tradable cards, or mark all tradable cards as for trade?
>>
>>31773637
I forgot to mention that I already have one tradeable pack
>>
>>31773652
35 Roaring Skies or Sun/Moon, more of anything else unless you're lucky
>>
>>31773669
35 is way too high, not even trading companies list it that high.
>>
>>31773682
Then you tell him but what you think, Jesus Christ
>>
>tfw I saw for the first time a trade for a PLF Ultra Ball that I could actually do

It's a ripoff but wow.
>>
File: only 666 more cards to draw.gif (4MB, 666x666px) Image search: [Google]
only 666 more cards to draw.gif
4MB, 666x666px
>>31773637
It's available for the low, low cost of your soul.
>>
>>31773803
This is nothing, Junk Arm/Eggs/Smeargle/Electrode is far longer.
>>
File: n.jpg (114KB, 564x775px) Image search: [Google]
n.jpg
114KB, 564x775px
>>31773803
Time for an N argument?
>>
>>31773958
there's not a lot to argue about, some people think it's fine, others think it's too strong of a card because it combines early game shuffle support with lategame hand disruption.

I think it's an obnoxious card mostly because vs seeker makes it too easy to access supporters from discard.

It shouldn't be usable first turn either because it can completely negate mulligans. If the card wasn't usable before a prize card has been taken it'd be fine after seeker rotates.
>>
>>31773724
I've never spent more than 25 packs on Shaymemes.
>>
>>31773958
I've been listening to people bitch about N for half a decade. But the fact is, without N in standard, we have no powerful shuffle-draw which forces decks to rely entirely on Sycamore. But a lot of decks can't be so careless with their resources, meaning they will do worse than other decks simply because there is no way to shuffle-draw efficiently.

Shauna isn't good enough to completely replace it, Colress is useless early game, Birch is too RNG-reliant, and Ace Trainer and Hala are too situational.

They should've just rotated out N and printed a new supporter that shuffle-drew 6, but I guess they figured that would negate the purpose of Shauna existing. But N, Shauna and Sycamore will all rotate at the same time so it doesn't really matter. Perhaps we'll get a Colress reprint given his appearance in SM.
>>
>>31774114
I don't get why Shauna wasn't just a PONT reprint in the first place when Sycamore is a Juniper reprint.
>>
>>31774114
The short period of time in which Prof Birch was played unironically was the most painful time of my entire life

N belongs in the format if only to avoid that single situation
>>
>>31774114
Hala is basically a spiritual Colress.
>>
>>31774194
My first Cities in the new XY-BRT format I threw a copy of Birch into my M Mewtwo deck and lost every coin flip that day. Switched to Night March for the remainder of the season until N was reprinted in FTC. Fuck Birch.
>>
>play water deck most of the time
>almost never see steel
>have to play a fairy deck for daily challenge
>suddenly steel decks every game
>>
Should I open my three roaring skies packs? I've been saving them for trade but I rarely see anything worth trading lately.
>>
>>31774194

I never played Birch unironically even with N rotated out of Standard, I'd rather play Shauna for the guaranteed 5 instead of Birch

You now hear "Gotta risk it for the biscuit" in your head manually
>>
File: killme.png (156KB, 386x699px) Image search: [Google]
killme.png
156KB, 386x699px
>>31774278
But Birch is objectively better since it draws 5.5 cards :^)

>one coin flip later
>>
File: 1468815078545.png (34KB, 151x200px) Image search: [Google]
1468815078545.png
34KB, 151x200px
anyone know how much a vs seeker is worth, new player here.
>>
File: ss+(2017-02-13+at+11.22.33).jpg (23KB, 158x259px) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2017-02-13+at+11.22.33).jpg
23KB, 158x259px
>trade locked
>>
>>31774691
It's a good card, wouldn't trade it unless you're stocked up.
>>
What pack can give me a vs seeker?
>>
I feel you man, my cousin said he would trade me his mega glalie if it wasn't trade locked.....
>>
>>31774824
Time to build Rats.
>>
>>31774691
Don't trade them if you don't have a playset, if you do, 1 pack ROS, 2 packs of normal quality, 4 packs evo/fac
>>
>waiting for final round of tournament

Oh boy I can't wait to see my Shaymin start and bricked hand after 20 minutes.
>>
>>31775126
shaymin starts not being a thing anymore is going to be the best part of the shaymin rotation 2bh.
>>
>>31775151
Don't worry they'll be replaced with Remoraid/Oranguru/Drampa starts, just like Legacy is full of Jirachi/Egg starts.
>>
>>31774849
Phantom Forces, Roaring Skies (Secret Rare), Supreme Victors, and EX FireRed & LeafGreen.
>>
>>31775162
>drampa
good laff
>>
>>31775177
It's vulnerable to N but if they fail to punish your 10 draw it's actually gamewinning for some decks.
>>
>>31775196
It's a good thing no one plays 2-3 N in every deck with 4 VS seeker to fish them out of the discard at a whim
>>
>>31773030
wat

ofc they run four (or as many as you can fit), the more fodder the better, the more likely you will find one when you need it.

now in fairness, you try not to put them on the bench but it's all about the availability. eg, here is the guy whos been pushing vespi back when everyone thought losing battle compressor meant the deck was dead: http://thecharizardlounge.com/2016/09/05/the-buzz-on-vespiquen-without-battle-compressor/

and if you scroll to latest articles on that site, the top hit still says three Shaymin is where it's at.
>>
>>31775250
Drampa's GX attack synergizes extremely well with Hala. You're forgetting decks running Drampa will be able to shuffle for 7 the whole game, meaning the opponent likely will have to chain N's and nothing else.
>>
File: 1442904913560.jpg (122KB, 591x591px) Image search: [Google]
1442904913560.jpg
122KB, 591x591px
Any of the new S&M cards worth considering for a Volcanion EX deck?
>>
"Well played" is pretty universal for "Checkmate, you tried but you lost now stahp", right?

Why are these shitty decks still strugglin gin their death throes?
>>
>>31775421
Challenge completion.
>>
>>31775421
Forgot kids play it too? Also as >>31775425 mentioned
>>
>>31775314
Torkoal is kind of funny as an alternate attacker because he can paralyze but he can't pull energy out of discard.
>>
>>31775250
VS seeker is gone when Shaymin rotates. People will probably start running 4 N but you shouldn't underestimate Hala/Lillie as draw supporters.
>>
>>31775314
Nest ball.
>>
People who take 10 years per turn need to be lynched.
>>
>>31775510
BUT THERE ARE STILL GLOWING GREEN LINES AROUND MY CARDS I CANT END TURN UNTIL I CLICK ALL OF THEM!!

Doesn't matter if I know my deck has literally no counterplay to yours, I won't ever concede without using the maximum amount of time for each move!
>>
File: 1480504329534.gif (2MB, 248x273px) Image search: [Google]
1480504329534.gif
2MB, 248x273px
ring ring!
>>
>>31775510
Relax, bro, after I setup my bench and put my energy out, I'm going to use this N. Now I just need to use my Trainer's Mail, and now I have to use my 2 Max Elixirs. I'll put this Float Stone on this guy. Now I have to use Ultra Ball, dump my last two cards, and get my Shaymin-EX. Just gotta drop that bad boy out, use my other two Max Elixirs that I just drew. Let me use this Crushing Hammer, get rid of your energy. Now I just gotta put out this Forest of Giant Dicks. Hold on, almost done, okay? Now I need to play this Hoopa-EX, get my other Shaymin-EX, play it and refresh my hand, you know how it goes buddy. Okay, just need to evolve these guys, give me a minute...
>>
>>31775472
Hala and Lillie are bad.
>>
Is there anything from SM that works well in volcanion/flareon? Was thinking of kukui and possibly nest ball would be handy
>>
>>31775733
Tauros GX.
>>
>>31775740
I was just about to add that too. I already use a ninja boy so tauros would fit in nice
>>
>>31773441
ex, EX and GX are practically the same thing anyway. All that changes is whether they're basics and the stupid GX attack gimmick.

I've seen a bunch of people insisting that EX are so integral to the TCG that they must be brought back sooner or later, I can't imagine any of those people have been playing since before Black and White.
>>
so im new to the game, just downloaded it yesterday, and the faq in the OP says i should be doing these npc battles to get packs, but i only have 3 decks available to play with, so i cant get all 4 stars with each trainer to get the pack. do i need to beat all of these trainers 3 times in able to unlock the rest of the decks that i have to play with?
>>
>>31776351
Save your coins and buy a theme deck from the shop. I recommend the sun and moon grass or fire decks, they're both pretty great.
>>
>>31776463
yes i know, but you're not understanding my question
i have other decks, but it won't let me use them. it only lets me use the electric, fire, and water ones.
>>
>>31774247
>>31774247

is this a thing?

i play volcanion EX and see no grass ever, but when i play greninja i see grass constantly and no fire types
>>
>>31776821
Yes and its been on the game for a long time
>>
Darkrai/Solgaleo is a pretty neat concept. Got ruined by this guy last night
>>
>>31776467
After you win 7 times you have the full theme deck IIRC. The difficoulty of the npcs grows exponentially, so you should fight 0 and 1 stars guys with incomplete decks, and go for harder opponets with your full deck.

Rallying cry and that psychic deck can't be used, you hafta pay 500 bitcoins for other theme decks.
>>
Would Vikavolt/Dragonite work or would it be too clunky?
>>
>>31777280
Dragonite got accelerator dragonair so yes
>>
>>31777280
>two stage twos
>dragonite doesn't actually do much
>>
>>
>>31777334
Didn't even know about it, thanks
>>31777335
I should specify it's the Delta Plus version
>>
>>31777156
all of those lines look really thin, that deck's trying to do too many things.
>>
>>31777334
The issue with that dragonair is you need cards in your hand for its attack to work but with vikavolt you need them in your deck.
>>
>>31777847
Yeah but two stage 2 work worse.
>>
>>31769663
what about packaged boosters anon? GS and TRU don't carry loose boosters.
>>
>>31777865
yeah. that issue is obvious. But I think people overrate how good that dragonair is, it's memedeck material but the dragonite in SM is horrible.

Anyways, people shouldn't be trying to use Vikavolt until Tapu Bulu drops. Vikavolt/Bulu is looking to be a very, very good deck.
>>
Is the secret rare grass energy something word?
>>
>>31777884

What about Vikavolt + Vikavolt GX?
>>
File: 71.jpg (51KB, 400x559px) Image search: [Google]
71.jpg
51KB, 400x559px
>>31777884
Its designed to play with delta nite
Also has meme potential with pic related on expanded
>>
>>31777872
They are the equivalent to an online pack. You could get lucky and pull 6 FAs in a row. Just be diligent and make sure the seals aren't broken on the sides of the blister. Big Box stores are completely safe to buy.
>>
File: ss+(2017-02-14+at+09.59.13).jpg (210KB, 869x666px) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2017-02-14+at+09.59.13).jpg
210KB, 869x666px
who /battlegarbo/ here
>>
I've downloaded the client for the online TCG, do I need an account in order to access some features?

If so, has anyone else had problems with creating an account? I'm trying and every time I try to continue it wants me to reset my password, despite the fact that I haven't even finished creating the account yet. It doesn't even send me an email verification.

Am I mentally handicapped or is the system fucked? Not that the two are mutually exclusive.
>>
>>31778167
How are you trying to create the account? Website or client?
>>
>>31777956
The issue I have with these standard/GX decks is they use the same evolution card which makes that line feel extremely thin. It's kind of okay with Lurantis because it's a stage 1 and you can revitalizer to get back a full set and FOGP to reevolve on the same turn but Vikavolt isn't dual type on his final stage iirc so you can't do that.
>>
>>31777834
Oh yeah definitely needed to be streamlined, I just thought it was cool. I threw this together
>>
>when the box gives you 375 coins
>>
>>31778404
well well well, an expanded solgaleo deck that doesn't totally get its boipucci pushed in by Archeops. Been waiting to see that.
>>
>>31771823
>Questioning why greed exist

I wonder why..
>>
>>31769663
This doesn't apply to single booster packs that have the cardboard package around them for SM. That is still entirely random. Wife got 6 of those last night. 1 rare, rest were just standard SM trash.
>>
When will the SM pack value go down?
>>
>>31778584
Already has. If I had to rate pack value I'd say ROS is 2.0 and SM is 1.8.

I don't see SM falling below 1.5 because of SR ultras and GX cards like Umbreon, Decidueye and Lurantis that will probably be in the meta for a good long time.
>>
>>31778318
website, though the client redirects to the same page
>>
>>31777989
This would make a nice meme Mill Deck with the Gardevoir that does 2 psy energy ability

>>31778608
Not a bad start, just waiting until it does down more so I can cash out my shaymeme
>>
>>31779083
Nah, Garde is too much setup for milling.
>>
>>31777989
Yeah, I put a load of the Dragonite line into a Wally+Evosoda deck for one of the evolution challenges and somehow managed to win three games with the Energy Acceleration Dragonair + Delta Plus Dragonite.

Sure, I'm in Elo hell, but it's better than half the gimmick decks that I keep seeing.
>>
Does playing in lower resolution makes the game faster?
>>
>turn 1 item lock some kid
>DISCONNECTED FROM SERVER

i can't stand how unstable this client is, I lose maybe 1 in 10 games just to randomly DCing.
>>
>>31779629
>Not knowing how to disconnect people

Lol
>>
Well /vp/... Looks like it's time for to finally un-subscribe from Laughing Pikachu. She's one of those flip it or rip it scum-bag. Plus I woke/opened my eyes to the realization she's a literal attention-whore collect-fag who contributes nothing good nor meaningful to YouTube's PTCG/PTCGO communities. All she does is un-box she buys that stuff with from her false fame, what a fucking fake-ass hitch and fanatic she is.
>>
>>31780263
The main one I watch is the Russian guy, I don't really care about the others, especially the chink :^)
>>
>>31780263
all poketubers are basically pieces of shit, tcg, anime or vg.
>>
Is Legacy just soo fuckin filled with bots that its almost impossible to get a playable game.
>>
>>31780593
Very few people actually have legacy decks anyways, it's a hard format to get into.
>>
>>31780623
Ya I get it.
I think its a shame they dont sell all the expansions in the ingame shop.
>>
Since more people are going to be pulling Sun & Moon secrets, should I quickly sell mine?
>>
>>31780704
There's really no reason they couldn't just make it so all packs are purchasable, but packs not featured in standard are in separate tabs and more expensive to dissuade noobs from buying them.

afaik the only way to get old packs atm is playing legacy tournaments, and you simply aren't going to be winning many of them unless you have quite a few particular cards from BW/HG era sets, all of which you have to trade for individually.
>>
>>31780759
I sold my HRs as I pulled them more or less, I'm not a blingfag and the value of any card is basically way higher in the first week after it drops.
>>
>We will see a fully blinged deck in our lifetime
>Golden/full art cards that will be rotated after a few years and will be thrown away for new blings

It's depressing famalam
>>
>>31780263
>she's a literal attention-whore
>YouTube
well there's your problem right there.
>>
>"I'll give the game a chance, maybe I won't randomly lose connection again"
>lose connection turn 1
>okay let's try this again, maybe that was a fluke
>lose connection right as I use an escape rope to mount a comeback from being 4 prizes down

fuck this game rofl, is there any solution for this? does everyone have this problem?
>>
>>31781367
nope its just you, buy proper internet my man.
>>
>>31781483
I have no problems posting here, it's ONLY PTCGO having issues.
>>
just hit 1400 ladder points and didn't get the 600 tokens

epic
>>
>>31781671
You know posting letters in the intenet is nothing compared to online gaming.
>>
>>31782053
fucking this, hes comment was so retarded I didn't even know what to answer.
>>
File: deltanite meme.png (679KB, 934x591px) Image search: [Google]
deltanite meme.png
679KB, 934x591px
So is this the meme-meta Dragonair-SM deck? I find it's really vulnerable to hand disruption which is why I'm running skyla + energy resets, basically you shove as much energy onto your shit as possible, then in one turn you return it all to your hand and reattach as it suits you. It's definitely a deck that has to play from behind in the early game if you run into any significant pressure, but the comeback plays are just hilarious.

Nailed some guy with an 8 lightning energy Raikou last game. I find myself using it more than deltanite honestly, and I also use the healing dragonite quite a bit. Think I might dump the deltanites, grass and DD energies for a few more level balls, another healnite and some FFBs.
>>
>>31782053
okay let me correct that

I have no problems streaming video, posting here, playing another online game and downloading however many torrents I want at the same time but I constantly lose connection to PTCGO, even if I'm not doing ANYTHING else on the net.
>>
File: 1474777733213[1].png (108KB, 357x368px) Image search: [Google]
1474777733213[1].png
108KB, 357x368px
>Tauros GX vs Tauros GX
>>
>>31782222
Shouldn't you be running some rare candies instead of doing a 3/3/3 line? The decks slow as balls as is, no reason to make it even slower.
>>
>>31782393
You need the 3/3/3 because Dragonair is the entire point of the line, the deck would be completely nonfunctional without it.
>>
File: raikou dragonair.png (637KB, 940x596px) Image search: [Google]
raikou dragonair.png
637KB, 940x596px
This deck plays wayyyyyy better than the one with deltanite. Dragonair is pure support, 2 dragonites that are basically max potions for raikou to drop on your dragonairs after they've done their jobs.

Again, the point is get tons of energy on things, use dragonair's first attack then energy reset, letter, fisherman, ect to get as much energy in your hand as possible, attach 6-10 energies across the board to either set up one Raikou for OHKOs or 2-3 for 2HKOs and go to town.

You could probably slot this dragonair into darkrai/dragons decks to some degree as well.
>>
File: ahhhh.gif (2MB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
ahhhh.gif
2MB, 400x400px
About to try to build a Typhlosion deck

Is there anything I could get for a garbage man?
>>
>>31782805
What, for pulling things out of discard? The things that you're going to get fucked by discarding are rare candies and ultras, and you can't pull those back out. Maybe include a Brock or two for recycling fire energies, and 4 vs seeker isn't unreasonable since you're going to end up dumping most of your supporters in discard regardless.
>>
>>31783026
No I'm wondering what I should ask for in exchange for my Garbotoxin Garbodor
>>
>>31783046
~2 packs of value which is about what Typhlosion is worth.
>>
>>31782805

Prepare to get a lot of salty canned messages in chat - no one likes to be that guy who the Typhlosion deck actually works against.

Generally something like 3 super rod or 2 brock's grit to go with your 4 vs seekers should be ok.
>>
>finally get four tickets
>enter the theme tournament with the fire S&M deck
>starting hand is a bunch of basics and fire energy
>get disconnected after the first turn
>manage to reconnect but everything's invisible
>have to concede
>prize wheel reward is a ticket as a big fuck you
im not sure if that could have gone worse
>>
File: First Pack.jpg (507KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
First Pack.jpg
507KB, 1920x1080px
>buy 6 packs of S&M
>open first pack
>get this

heh heh heh
>>
>>31783687
come back when you get a FA ultra on your first draw.

It is nice though, HR Lurantis is probably the second most valuable card in the set.
>>
>>31783687
Nice. Give ya a dollar for it.
>>
>>31783704
Ultra Ball, HR Umbreon, and Nest Ball are higher but it's still one of the best cards in the set, it'll either go up or down depending on if Lurantis GX is meta.
>>
>>31783826
That's because you're talking about the highest rarity.
>>
>>31783826
>if

lmao bruh, just lmao.

the only issue lurantis has is a bad matchup against volcanion and splashing vaproeon AOR can turn that from a 25/75 to a 40/60 imo.
>>
>>31783935
Would you do 2-2 or 1-1?
>>
File: LycanrocGXAlolanMoonlight27.jpg (83KB, 331x464px) Image search: [Google]
LycanrocGXAlolanMoonlight27.jpg
83KB, 331x464px
>Lycanrock Night, stage 1, 200HP
>Ability: Bloody Eye
>Once during your turn (before your turn), when you play this Pokémon to evolve 1 of your Pokémon in play, you may switch 1 of your opponent's Benched Pokémon with their Active Pokémon.
>Claw Slash [F][C][C] 110
>Death Rouge GX [F][C] 50×
>This attack does 50 damage times the number of your opponent's Benched Pokémon. (You can't use more than 1 GX attack in a game.)

>Lycanrock Day, stage 1, 200HP
>Crunch [F][C] 30
>Discard an energy attached to your opponent's active pokemon
>Accelrock [F][F][C] 120
>Lycanfang GX [F][F][C] 200
>discard 2 energy attached to this pokemon (You can't use more than 1 GX attack in a game)

Why did they decide to make daydoge the worse one?
>>
>>31784229
2 eevee then 1-1-1 all of the evolutions, all of them have applications. Jolteon lets you shit on Yveltal/Megaray, Flareon lets you win the mirror match.

They can all be searched with level balls which you should have on hand for getting oddish > gloom anyways.
>>
>>31784323
But how are you getting the energy to run those? Just 1 of each? I'm still relatively new and have been playing for a monthish so I'm not entirely up to speed on deck teching just yet.
>>
>>31784350
Never mind. I am retarded. Level balls :/
>>
>>31783930
The highest rarity is the one in question because that's what was pulled.

>>31783935
No deck is really afraid of Lurantis though. It only gets 40+120 meaning you'll need Kukui to get knockouts on Ex's and Gx's. Meanwhile M Mewtwo and Yveltal will eat up that 3 Energy and of course Volcanion roflstomps your deck. Of course the GX attack will cheese you some prizes and deciding to run Eevee's (assuming you're not trying to run other partners like Vileplume or Numale owl) may help, but I think it remains to be seen how much help.
>>
>>31784303

Because Special Doggo is worse in the video game.
>>
>>31784605
Lurantis needs vileplume+eevees imo, you run 2-2-2 vileplume line and 2-1-1-1 Eevees plus 4-4 lurantis and 2 Shaymemes. Getting a Vileplume up early is what makes decks afraid of this match up since if you can do it turn 1 or 2 it's possible they won't be able to start the hoopa-EX > shaymeme pain train by balling.

It's pokemon dense but it's made a little more acceptable by the fact that you're item locking so your item cards are less important anyways, and the deck's good at recycling energy so you can skimp there as well.

I see a lot of people trying to run Decidueye/Lurantis or even Decidueye/Shiinotic/Lurantis which is just shit imo. Decidueye should be paired with big basics like Tauros to body block for your bench of owltillery and shiinotic is just a shit card overall.
>>
>>31784820
I tried a 1-1 shiinotic line in Lurantis. I really thought it would be a decent card on spoilers but now that its out, holy shit does it underperform so hard. I never want to Ball it because I'm trying to get either Shaymin or Lurantis or Plume with it and it just kinda sits there after a turn doing nothing.

I've been kind of going in and out of using cards like Olympia or even Kukui to get that extra damage boost but I honestly never even thought of the basic eeveelutions. Do you think 4 level ball would be good or is 2-3 enough?
>>
>>31784873
I run 3. Chances are good you'll end up drawing into an eevee, oddish or gloom at some point and get to dump them on your bench, once you have whichever eeveelution you need and a gloom on your bench level balls become dead draws. You'll almost never need 4 of them.

As far as shiitotic goes, it's never worth playing a stage 1 to search for more pokemon and if you're including a 1-1 line as part of your draw engine you're creating a major problem if one of them gets prized. And if you don't depend on it, it adds nothing to your deck that more ultra balls/level balls wouldn't.
>>
>go to Gamestop for the sleeve promos
>get 3 packs
>check out
>no code
>refund the packs, try again with 4
>no code
>turns out you need to buy a single product over 12 bucks
>get a Zygarde box because fuck theme decks
>HR Espeon, reverse Ultra Ball and Shiinotic inside

At least the bullshit was worth it.
>>
>>31785123
the sleeves are bearly worth it.
>>
>>31784820
I fought a Lurantis/Eevee deck without the item lock and steamrolled it with Raikou. If it doesn't hit for weakness it gets obliterated by anything it doesn't one shot, it needs the item lock if you want it to be the main attacker and once that's up hitting for weakness matters on nothing but Volcanion. If I were to use Eevees I'd just do 2-2 Vaporeon since Yveltal/Ray/rival Lurantis can't handle the lock.
>>
>>31785173
oh fuck off
>>
>>31785123
are the sleeves tradable or locked?
>>
>>31785479
Tradable, as is Pangoro. Someone wants one for 8 SM.
>>
Huh, I never realized the earliest print run of Breakthrough had misprinted breaks. I thought they all were like that.
>>
File: IMG_5336.png (125KB, 750x1334px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5336.png
125KB, 750x1334px
Jirachi's back.
>>
>>31785662
hahaha holy shit the tapu are going to be just as busted in the cards as they are in the game aren't they?
>>
File: 1476067186063.jpg (67KB, 413x395px) Image search: [Google]
1476067186063.jpg
67KB, 413x395px
>nightmarch opponent in expanded tournament
>lone joltik opener
>lets me go first
>virbank/laser
>"well played"
>>
>>31785675
also holy fuck is that attack evil ball or is it shattershot, because if this thing has evil ball for CC it's going to be the new shaymeme, literally 1-2 mandatory in every deck.
>>
File: 1485582439070.jpg (214KB, 450x465px) Image search: [Google]
1485582439070.jpg
214KB, 450x465px
>>31785662
>jirachi ex
>170hp
>X Ball without weakness/resistance
>situationally strong gx attack
what the fuck
this is insane
>>
File: Tapu-Koko-GX-SM2.jpg (478KB, 500x699px) Image search: [Google]
Tapu-Koko-GX-SM2.jpg
478KB, 500x699px
Ability: Aero Trail
Once during your turn (before your attack), when you play this card from your hand onto your Bench, you may move any number of [L] Energy attached to your Pokemon to this Pokemon. If you move any Energy, switch this Pokemon with your Active Pokemon.
[L][L][C] Sky Claw: 130 damage
[L][L][C] Tapu Thunder GX: Does 50 damage times the number of Energy attached to all of your opponent’s Pokemon. (You can’t use more than 1 GX attack per game.)

Literally my moms dragonite
Uhh anyone knows japanese to translate the rest faster
>>
File: Tapu-Lele-GX-SM2.jpg (481KB, 500x698px) Image search: [Google]
Tapu-Lele-GX-SM2.jpg
481KB, 500x698px
>>31785694
evil ball without the initial 20. also no weakness or resistance.
Tapu Lele-GX – Psychic – HP170
Basic Pokemon

Ability: Wonder Touch
Once during your turn (before your attack), when you play this card from your hand onto your Bench, you may search your deck for a Supporter card, reveal it, and put it in your hand. Then shuffle your deck.

[C][C] Energy Drive: Does 20 damage times the number of Energy attached to both Active Pokemon. This attack’s damage isn’t affected by Weakness or Resistance.

[P] Kapu Cure GX: Restore all HP to 2 of your Benched Pokemon. (You can’t use more than 1 GX attack per game.)

Weakness: none
Resistance: none
Retreat: 1
>>
>>31785694
Literally read the card
>>
>>31785662
>X-Ball and Stellar Guidance combined

This is the new Shaymin everyone, a minimum of 1-2 in every deck. What the fuck.
>>
Turntonator-GX – Fire – HP190
Basic Pokemon

[C][C] Trap Shell: 20 damage. If this Pokemon is damaged by an attack during your opponent’s next turn, place 8 damage counters on the Attacking Pokemon.

[R][R][C] Crimson Flame: 160 damage. Discard 2 [R] Energy attached to this Pokemon.

[R] Nitro Tank GX: Attach 5 [R] Energy from your discard pile to your Pokemon in any way you like. (You can’t use more than 1 GX attack per game.)

>attach 5 from the discard
>no Battle Compressor
Oh well, Volcanion got a friend.
>>
>>31785750
I didn't know where they were posted and was reading a smartphone screenshot with essential details cut off.
>>
Most current GXs look like shit now
>>
File: 1439285634704.gif (25KB, 234x268px) Image search: [Google]
1439285634704.gif
25KB, 234x268px
>>31785691
holy fuck the exact same thing in the final. Beautiful.
>>
hi there. total newfag. what the fuck is the GX thing for on the online game?
>>
Pokemon that take 2 prize cards when are knocked out, also have GX attacks that you can use one per game.
>>
>>31785796
It's the TCG equivalent of Z moves, powerful attacks that can be used only once per battle.
>>
>>31785801
>>31785804
okay cool. thank you
is there a difference between GX and EX?
>>
>>31785778
Not really, the ones that are good (Lurantis, Decidueye, Umbreon, Tauros) still look fine.
>>
File: Salazzle-SM2.jpg (222KB, 350x489px) Image search: [Google]
Salazzle-SM2.jpg
222KB, 350x489px
Ability: Hot Poison
Once during your turn (before your attack), when you play this card from your hand to evolve a Pokemon, your opponent’s Active Pokemon is now Poisoned and Burned.
[R][C][C] Flamethrower: 90 damage. Discard 1 Energy attached to this Pokemon.
>>
Koko is pretty underwhelming, Turt could be a fun meme, and Lele is fucking broken.
>>
>>31785809
GX aren't all basics which is why stage 2 GX cards have even more HP than mega evolutions.
>>
File: Alolan-Sandslash-SM2.jpg (238KB, 350x489px) Image search: [Google]
Alolan-Sandslash-SM2.jpg
238KB, 350x489px
Ability: Snow Shovel
Once during your turn (before your attack), you may draw 1 card.
[W][C][C] Smash Turn: 50 damage. Switch this Pokemon with 1 of your Benched Pokemon.

>>31785810
I said most not all
>>
>>31785814
Please god tell me we're getting a Ninetales reprint.

>>31785830
A worse Slurpuff. DOA.
>>
File: Komala-SM2.jpg (162KB, 350x489px) Image search: [Google]
Komala-SM2.jpg
162KB, 350x489px
Ability: Certain Sleep
If this Pokemon is your Active Pokemon, when you attach Energy from your hand to this Pokemon, this Pokemon is now Asleep.
[C][C][C] Hypno Roll: 100 damage. This attack can only be used if this Pokemon is Asleep. If this Pokemon isn’t Asleep, this attack does nothing.
>>
>>31785821
are they only available from the sun/moon packs/decks?
>>
File: 429px-PoliwrathCollectionMoon11.jpg (78KB, 429x599px) Image search: [Google]
429px-PoliwrathCollectionMoon11.jpg
78KB, 429x599px
>>31785814
Alright, this and devolution spray is exactly what I needed for my frog memes deck.
>>
File: Dhelmise-SM2-Promo.jpg (378KB, 500x698px) Image search: [Google]
Dhelmise-SM2-Promo.jpg
378KB, 500x698px
Ability: Metallurgy
As long as this Pokemon is in play, each of your [M] Pokemon’s attacks does 10 more damage to the opponent’s Active Pokemon.
[P][C][C] Anchor Shot: 70 damage. Your opponent’s Active Pokemon can’t retreat during your opponent’s next turn.

>>31785836
You mean Brocks ninetales? I hope so.
>>
>>31785857
I meant DE Bright Look Ninetales that did damage based on special condition.
>>
>>31785816
Koko could definitely work as a one-of in Raikou decks as a way to save energy from hurt Raikous and polish things off.
>>
File: Golisopod-SM2-Promo.jpg (407KB, 500x698px) Image search: [Google]
Golisopod-SM2-Promo.jpg
407KB, 500x698px
Ability: Armor
Damage done to this Pokemon by attacks is reduced by 30.
[G][C][C] Resolute Claw: 80 damage. If the opponent’s Active Pokemon is a Pokemon-GX or Pokemon-EX, this attack does 70 more damage.
>>
>>31785881
>hits 180 with Choice Band
>benefits from Lurantis

Not that bad.
>>
>>31785888
It's also a non-GX attacker which so far we've been lacking in these new sets. The ability is really nice as well, like Raikou's but better. Only issue is it's not a basic so no FFB, but I guess it lets you benefit from AO eevees and you have FOGP until rotation.
>>
File: shiny koko.jpg (374KB, 500x698px) Image search: [Google]
shiny koko.jpg
374KB, 500x698px
>tcg gets shiny tapus before video game

get cucked gamefags.
>>
>>31785956
also the first attack on this does 20 to all opponent's pokemon, so it's basically a super splashable hard counter to goldfish decks, sadly.
>>
File: Alolan-Vulpix-Ninetales-Sleeves.jpg (168KB, 1126x1002px) Image search: [Google]
Alolan-Vulpix-Ninetales-Sleeves.jpg
168KB, 1126x1002px
got a feeling these sleeves will be worth a ton online
>>
>>31785762
Trap Shell is stupid. Ranger will HAVE to see play now and forever to beat Volcanion.
>>
>>31786046
Or just play Turt with the new Lurantis. Just getting two out and then adding a Choice Band lets you hit 90 for a DCE, while getting the effect.
>>
>>31786059
Why Lurantis?
>>
File: Janmo-o-Blister-SM2.jpg (317KB, 500x509px) Image search: [Google]
Janmo-o-Blister-SM2.jpg
317KB, 500x509px
So what he does, takes 10 less damage right

>>31786046
I think the effect doesnt trigger if hes knocked out, or else would be on the text.
>>
>>31785976
We always had Spinda.
>>
File: 41s979GSS4L.jpg (27KB, 280x393px) Image search: [Google]
41s979GSS4L.jpg
27KB, 280x393px
>>31786073
+20 to your attacks.
>>
>>31786046
or just play the lysandre/escape rope/hammers/induce sleep/confusion/take the hit.
>>
>>31786112
oh THAT Lurantis

well this meta is going to be incredibly creative, and die down later after this rotation
>Decidueye GX and Turtonator GX
>>
>>31786135
Decidueye already has Tauros as a screener, putting damage on Tauros will get you killed even faster than attacking into trap shell.

But trap shell + balloon tho, lmao.
>>
>>31786135
Not really, Garb will rule out any deck relying on abilities too heavily unless they reprint some form of tool removal. It'll still be a fun meme though.
>>
>>31786148
There are a bunch of new supporters coming down the line. Mallow is confirmed to have a card in guardians rising, lusamine will probably come in an UB expansion in the summer.
>>
>>31786148
I'd be for that but Decidueye gets out turn one? Kills benched Trubbish immediately, followed with a lysandre if two to kill
>>
>>31786159
Without VS Seeker we'll be returning to the days of 4 Sycamore/4 N with 1/2 Hala and maybe one tech supporter. We need Scrapper/Megaphone back badly.

>>31786161
Trubbish has 70 HP, which means 4 Owls or 3+1 devo or 2+2 devo. Highly unlikely. Then they just bench the other, and this assumes you go first.
>>
Here's a question. Is there a way to sort the public trades? I wanna go a little further back and don't necessarily want trades that are ending soon.
>>
>>31786027
I want to FUCK those sleeves
>>
>>31786364
Just search for the cards you want. That's pretty much the only way to sort it. It then loads (slowly) all the trades that meet your filter.
>>
>>31786027
Where are those from?
>>
File: ss+(2017-02-15+at+02.43.03).jpg (4KB, 87x55px) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2017-02-15+at+02.43.03).jpg
4KB, 87x55px
Check em
>>
>>31785810
Decidueye is going to be utter garbage after September.
>>
>>31785922
Why FFB when Choice Band is right around the corner, you know this meta's gonna be super GX heavy.
>>
>>31786104
>takes 10 less damage right
If Pokebeach is right, yes.
>>
>>31784303
Day doggo looks better in my opinion, a lot of decks rely on 1 or 2 pokémon in the battlefield in order to not get Lysandre'd.
>>
File: rFMqGcj.jpg (64KB, 709x709px) Image search: [Google]
rFMqGcj.jpg
64KB, 709x709px
>>31785749
>>31785694

>make the newest Hot Staple Card a disgusting cgi clusterfuck of colors

why. shaymeme is at least mildly pleasant to look at
>>
>>31787414
At least the FAs look good ;-;
>>
>>31787414
>i have no mouth and i must caw
>>
>>31787560
>toucan
>caw
You think this is a fucking game?
>>
>>31783935

>25/75

More like 2/98. The only way Volcanion should lose vs pure-Grass Lurantis is a complete dead-draw.
>>
>>31784303

>Once during your turn (before your turn)

Make your mind up.

>Death Rouge GX

Pretty sure it's 'Rogue', rather than 'Rouge'.
>>
>>31787722
He's emo, it's rouge.
>>
>>31768210
>Having to evolve into a GX :^}
>>
What would be a good anti-volcanion tech in Decidueye?
Thread posts: 319
Thread images: 55

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.