[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I actually really enjoyed ORAS. Not even baiting.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_7716.jpg (144KB, 567x319px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7716.jpg
144KB, 567x319px
I actually really enjoyed ORAS. Not even baiting.
>>
>>31764926
I enjoyed X, AS, and Moon.

No baiting.
>>
ok
>>
I couldn't get all the way through OR the two times I tried but I replayed Y four times.
>>
I actually enjoyed a Pokémon game. Not even baiting.
>>
I enjoyed it more than X and Sun. It's a shame that there was no battle frontier though.
>>
>>31764936
The absolute madman
>>
>>31764931
Same
>>
>>31764926

Oh for sure. DexNav, PSS and Secret Base QR downloads were absolutely prime additions. Just fantastic. Soaring was pretty cute, and surprisingly in-depth considering Game Freak.

Fuckin sucks that GF can't ever keep their good auxiliary features.
>>
>>31765508
This. All that shit was fun, it was just the main game being too easy and not including more Emerald features that sucked.
>>
>>31766082
The originals are just as easy though.
>>
Hot take: I've enjoyed every Pokémon game to date and I like that they add/remove features every gen to give it a different feel and rhythm
>>
>>31764926
I wish this had been bait
>>
>>31764926
They're good to play once until you realise how flawed the game design is

>XY
Who the fuck thought so many friends stopping me every 10 steps was a good idea
Really hard to like any side character or gym leader.
Nothing to do Postgame

>ORAS
Muh fanfic OC dragon queen
No Mirage Tower
No rematches and other cut features
Same postgame as XY (don't count Delta as postgame, otherwise I'll count the 8th gym as postgame, cause that happens after you unlock the Eon Flute as well).

>SM
Those long dialogs
Nothing to do postgame
So much cut content, the "rushed" meme gets more real every day

Sun and Moon where by far one of the greatest Pokémon games ever, but they suffer from the same boring postgame, confined to Battle Tree and All Vs All bullshit AI like it's always been.

Honestly, all they have to do is bring back a couple of Gen 4 BF facilities like the Battle Factory
>>
What killed it for me was the lack of customization.
>>
It was more enjoyable than Y and Moon solely because the region wasn't just linear promenade with no exploration allowed. As remakes it was kinda disappointing.

>>31764955
Yeah what ORAS chose to do it did well. Shame about the choice though.

>>31766091
ORAS has lower leves for opponent's Pokémon as well as giving you EXP. share at the start
>>
>>31766132
>Same postgame as XY (don't count Delta as postgame, otherwise I'll count the 8th gym as postgame, cause that happens after you unlock the Eon Flute as well).
What fucking conditions do you have for post game? It's just anything after the E4. Delta Episode is post game.
XY/SM also had the Looker shit
>>
>>31766175
I count postgame as "non-repeatable content". Looker and Delta aren't postgame. Using the Eon Flute to catch legendaries is post game. The Battle Tree is post game. Finishing the UB plot isn't postgame.
>>
>>31766206
Just what the fuck am I reading.
>>
It was exactly what I expected it to be which was fine. Delta Episode was kind of boring and I wish I'd not burned my Master Ball before Deoxys because seriously fuck legendaries that use Recover moves.
>>
>>31766206
>anything that doesn't fit my "all post game is non-canon" argument doesn't count as post game
>>
>>31766097
Agreed

I just really really love pokemon man

I also like how the different features can give people a valid reason to have one gen be their favorite while at the same that same gen can be someone's least favorite because of the exact same features. Each generation has a fuck ton of personality

Then again there are some features that should be staples imo like VS seeker and DexNav, for example
>>
>>31766206
This is the most retarded post I've seen in at least a week or two
>>
>>31766206
You're a fucking retard. Post-game is literally just that - post main game. Anything that occurs after the credits.
>>
>>31766206
this is a good definition, story isn't postgame
>>
>>31766169
ORAS had higher levels for opponent's Pokemon as well as giving you the option of not using the EXP.Share at all.
>>
>>31764926
Sure, you're not a sinnohfetus and thus can recognize a good game, unlike 90% of this board.
>>
File: 1387535537784.png (134KB, 900x800px) Image search: [Google]
1387535537784.png
134KB, 900x800px
>>31764926
I like it better than XY - bite me, haters
>>
>>31766662
I think most people here liked it over XY
>>
>>31766572
>ORAS had higher levels for opponent's Pokemon

It did. So the problem was just Mega Evolutions. It settled, I'm going to replay AS.
>>
>>31766662
>>31766686
6th gen in general isn't fantastic for me. I still liked both pairs of games, but they really sting of "what could have been" - far moreso than most entries in the franchise anyway.
>>
>>31766662
One thing I did notice playing XY and ORAS alternating is that the latter really rushed you through the gyms. I was just dicking around for a couple hours and had five badges before I knew it. Meanwhile back in Kalos I had only just gotten to the second gym in about the same time.
>>
>>31766686
I really can't understand why

Both XY and ORAS are the worst games in the franchise, but at least XY had that new gen appeal. ORAS on the other hand made me want to be playing emerald instead through the entire fucking game
>>
>>31766774
Probably because it's a genuinely better game than XY?
>>
>>31766777
How so? Both are equally shit in my opinion. If you want to experience Hoenn, play fucking emerald. If you want to experience Kalos, not that you'd really want to, your only choice is to play XY.
ORAS has a better alternative, XY doesn't.
>>
>>31764926
i enjoyed raping and killing women
>>
>>31766794
Because the main adventure is slightly more balanced assuming EXP Share is off, you've got a much better designed map, and far more things to do? Purely in vaccums from the rest of the series, ORAS is a much better game than XY.
>>
>>31766806
>Because the main adventure is slightly more balanced assuming EXP Share is off

Now that's objectively false. ORAS is the easiest most braindead game in the series. I played both with expshare off, skiping the majority of the trainers, and even then, ORAS was the most auto pilot shit that I've ever played. I even edited my team's stat to give them a crap nature, 0 IVS and a 85 EV spread. The game was still easy as hell. Not to mention that I wasn't even using the overpowered starter and the fucking free Lati@s that you get early in the game.

But whatever, both games are fucking shit. I don't really care about the size of each turd
>>
>>31766750
>Meanwhile back in Kalos I had only just gotten to the second gym in about the same time.
But the problem with Kalos is that pace only held up for about two gyms. After a certain point in Kalos you end up rushing through the gyms faster than any other game.
>>
>Play AS
>Get low-level trainer's Zigzagoon in the red level of HP
>Uses Full Restore

Man, there's a lot I forgot about this game.
>>
>>31766097
>I like that they add/remove features every gen to give it a different feel and rhythm
This makes sense for some things like contests and soaring, but every game should have some variation of other features like the VS Seeker and the DexNav.
>>
>>31764926
I found it became increasingly more boring right up to the Groudon fight where I stopped playing for a year. It's not a BAD game it just adds literally nothing to the 2D one.
>>
>>31766750
>>31766857
this
>>
>>31764926
I did too. I think it's my favorite main series Pokemon game despite its flaws since I have such an urge to replay it somehow (I'm only being held back by the fact I have to catch several legendaries, and because Blissey Base grinding).

I don't like how some people say ORAS has no content. Like, I understand people were upset by the lack of a Battle Frontier. I was upset about that for the longest of times too. But I kinda realized I did not like the Battle Frontier as much as I think I did. A lot of the facilities are kinda rigged with RNG and stuff.

Doesn't really excuse them reusing the Battle Maison, but I don't dislike the Maison because of what it is. I kinda like the format the Maison uses. I just dislike the Maison in ORAS because it is the same thing as in XY, meaning it wasn't something new (which kinda bored me. Although being able to fight with several characters such as Steven in multi battle was kinda exciting admittedly). And that came at the cost of the Frontier Brains not appearing at. Call me crazy, but if they just reskinned the Maison into a Battle Tower, and made the Frontier Brains as the bosses, I think I might have been pleased enough with the postgame in terms of battle facility.

Other than that, I've enjoyed ORAS' content quite a lot with stuff like Secret Bases and Contests, as well as having the most amount of legendaries to date. I spend quite a lot of hours on ORAS for my liking (200+ hours, though I did spend time to complete the National Dex). Maybe I'm just too optimistic, or maybe I'm too biased since Hoenn has been pretty important to my childhood (and I still think the Hoenn games are the best in the series). But the point is that I did enjoy ORAS quite a lot, even if it has flaws (which I don't overlook, don't get me wrong).
>>
>>31764926
me too
>>
>>31766801
Me too. Sad to see these features never coming back in the future Pokémon games.
>>
>>31764926
I'm about to spend some money. Should I buy X or Omega R/Alphs S?
pls help
>>
>>31764926
Am I the only one that picked up sun/moon at launch, played a few hours, and haven't picked it up since? I've really been meaning to but I just haven't had time or motivation to because work and school takes up a lot of it.
>>
>>31764926
I enjoyed the Street Fighter movie, but I do realise it's horseshite.

>complaining about the post-game
who needs a lot post-game content? Especially if the main-game is full to the brim with stuff to do. Get real, guys. Zelda's post-games have been not existent and no one ever moaned.
>>
>>31764926
I always enjoy the mainline games, but the last two generations (at the time) set such a high precedent that it was pretty disappointing
>>
>>31768270
X is much better imo
>>
>>31768368
I had to force myself to continue playing. I've only played for about 50 hours.
>>
>>31764926
Same here OP. They did characters better than XY, and gameplay better than Sun/Moon. Easily the best Pokemon games since Platinum.
Thread posts: 53
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.