[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Try and convince me that anything in this world is more more

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

File: endme.jpg (64KB, 1266x710px) Image search: [Google]
endme.jpg
64KB, 1266x710px
Try and convince me that anything in this world is more more ear-stinging and nauseating than hearing two kids argue over how to pronounce a Pokemon's name. Bonus points if they're either both wrong or both technically correct.

Hint: you can't
>>
>>31764760
What about 2 kids arguing about something in Pokémon neither of them know about?
>>
i'd argue that the crying on a baby on a public buss is worse but that ranks very high up there.
This is why i never want to raise kids.
>>
File: 0aa.jpg (23KB, 583x583px) Image search: [Google]
0aa.jpg
23KB, 583x583px
>>31764774
Did you mean: Literally all early discussion about Gen 1?
But all jokes aside, that's a good point too.

>>31764776
Yeah, you got me there with pretty much a tie, so you get something for that.

Both of you anons are good at this game
>>
>>31764828
>Literally all early discussion about Gen 1

oh shit you right
>>
>>31764776
>crying on a baby on a public bus
ha
I flew to japan with a crying baby the whole time
your bus is nothing
>>
>>31764760
Feels good having a mother tongue with pronounciation that isn't a clusterfuck like English' is, and therefore there can only be one way to possibly read 99% of all Pokémon names.
>>
>>31764881
Even as an Amerifag I gotta level with ya on this one

It's not just the fact that English has a lot of weird rules to misunderstand, but a not metric because Murica lel fuckton of Pokemon pronunciations forget those rules

Two of the worst offenders IMO are Arceus and Rayquaza
>>
>>31764900
Arceus is even weirder in that, IIIRC, official english sources flip-flopped on own it was supposed to be said : with hard C (like it was Latin) or soft.
Checking the Japanese kana shows they intended it to be soft.
>>
File: eLw7m.gif (3MB, 500x482px) Image search: [Google]
eLw7m.gif
3MB, 500x482px
>>31764939
Exactly, this one has gotten warped so strangely(AR-see-us -> AR-kee-us -> AR-kay-us???), and it hurts my grammar Nazism to a boiling degree
>>
>>31764939
>>31764964
I hate to say it, but the anime voice director himself said it;
They're aware it was Are-See-Us more or less, but they changed it to Ar-Kay-Us over concerns it resembled a non-kid friendly slang in the UK.
As silly as that sounds;

>>Emonga
No Pika-clone had a name change,not even the clusterfuck that is Togedemaru or Pachirisu.

but Emonga did
>>
>>31765086
I never noticed (Emolga? Emonga?) change, is it actually Emonga now?
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.