[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is the best team for the Battle Tree?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 83
Thread images: 11

File: battletreestreak.jpg (23KB, 400x240px) Image search: [Google]
battletreestreak.jpg
23KB, 400x240px
What is the best team for the Battle Tree?
>>
For Super Singles I got past 50 with Gengar, Megamence, and Top Lel

Cyrrently trying Super Doubles with Megamence, Top Lel, Garchomp, and Chandelure

For Multis i'll try Megamence and Top Lel
>>
Depends on the mode and if you prioritze win streak over having shorter individual battles.
>>
Did singles with Megamence, Koko and Primaring
Did doubles with the above + Lycanroc(night)
Did Multis with Megamence and koko with Mega Gallade/Non scarf chomp wally
>>
File: Maid Garchomp.png (738KB, 770x1085px) Image search: [Google]
Maid Garchomp.png
738KB, 770x1085px
>>31761821
SCARF
GARCHOMP
>>
I did it with M-Sableye, Chansey, and Skarmory
>>
File: Delet this.png (218KB, 532x767px) Image search: [Google]
Delet this.png
218KB, 532x767px
>>31761882
>>
>>31761821

>Super singles
Just bring a bunch of OP mons that cover each other's weaknesses.

>Super doubles
I've been using pelipper/top kek/garchomp/kingdra, and charizard y/venusaur/alolamuk/garchomp. Only ever get just shy of 50, though.

>Super multi
The AI will fuck you, but top lel alongside wally's m gallade seems to work out alright.
>>
>>31761867
>>31762140
Was at battle 49 today in multis with colress and got fucked by Veteran Ignacio and his stupid specs Latios and that fucking Ace trainer Tanah and stupid scarf Garchomp
>>
Koko/Celesteela/Chomp

sweep as much as you can with Koko, if there's something you can't KO, Volt Switch or U-Turn into Celesteela (immune to both of Koko's weaknesses) and if Celesteela has trouble switch into Chomp (resists both of Celesteela's weaknesses)
>>
>>31761821
Nasty plot aura sphere reversal Lucario.

Someone said something about a battle tree...
>>
>>31761821

Megamence and Aegislash are straight up broken in the Battle Tree. They also happen to have incredible type synergy with one another. They can PP-stall out any Rock/Ground coverage using Pokemon, of which there are many. Be sure not to Megavolve Mence until you're ready to setup and sweep with it, as it's Intimidate-swap power with Aegislash is key.

Salamence @ Salamencite
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 244 HP / 126 Atk / 140 Spe
Jolly Nature
IVs: 5 IV
- Return
- Roost
- Substitute
- Dragon Dance

Aegislash @ Leftovers
Ability: Stance Change
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Brave Nature
IVs: 4 IV, 0 Spe
- Shadow Sneak
- Sacred Sword
- King's Shield
- Sword's Dance

Salamence can get away with having only a single attacking move as Flying has no immunities, and enough DDance spam will let you even break through the sturdiest resisting walls, like M-Steelix, Aggron and the like. Substitute + Roost are key for longevity and status absorption, also lets you survive bullshit crits which inevitably happen in the Tree.

244 HP EVs on Mence let you hit 201 HP, the un-even amount of HP lets you use Substitute 4 times instead of 3 times. 140 Speed and Jolly nature let you outspeed essentially every threat at +1 speed.

King's Shield + Intimidate swapping will turn any physical attacker into set-up fodder, watch out for Defiant and Clear Body Pokemon.

The key to Multi-battles is your AI partner. Grind out single/double battles, anytime you find an opponent who had good Pokemon be sure to scout them. If you scout the same trainer twice, the most recent team will override the old one.

Wally and Cynthia are A-tier, Colress is S-tier.

You'll want Garchomp + else from the first two, and M-Metagross + Porygon2 from Colress. Special trainers pull from a specific pool of sets for their Pokemon, find them on bulbapedo or elsewhere.

The key it not having sets with many/any non-attacking moves. They will use them at inopportune times wasting crucial turns.
>>
>>31761821
Mega Salamence + 2 filler mons
>>
I did pretty well in super singles (87 victories) with Lum Berry Dragonite, Mega Metagross and AV Primarina
>>
>>31761821
Megamence
Tapu
Ultra beast
>>
Doing Super Doubles with a Sand Team featuring T-tar, Excadrill, Lando-T and Kartana. Blown right through the first 30 battles.
>>
Mimikyu
Megamence (Megagross if you're a cool dude)
a wall
>>
>>31762481

>>31762481

Pheromosa, Tapu Lele, Tapu Koko, Kartana and Protean and Ash Greninja are all very honorable mentions for hyper-offensive candidates.

Hyper Offense is fine if you're just going for battle 50, but if you're going for the big streaks consistency is key, so more defensively oriented Pokemon/sets are preferable. Hence the very defensive M-Salamence set I use. Being able to push through bullshit RNG is the key to big streaks.

Toxapex, Blissey/Chansey, Celesteela and Ferrothorn are very honorable very-defensive mentions. Only downside with the first two is lack of offense will simply drag your battles out. They're really great at not-dying, but you will need to be patient as your battles with them will take much longer than other Pokemon. Celesteela and Ferrothorn are generally easier to kill, but their respectable attack stats mean they can turn around and kill their opponents as well.

M-Scizor, M-Gyarados, M-Lucario, M-Metagross, Cloyster, Golisopod, Dragonite, Porygon-Z, Mimikyu, Garchomp and Tapu Fini are all honorable mentions as well. Tapu Fini is unique in that it's ability prevents status conditions which can be huge in the Tree. The AI also doesn't seem to properly account for this and will waste turns trying to status through it giving you free set up.
>>
Doubles: 69
Mega-mence - Infernape
Celesteela - Gastrodon

Singles: 57 (still going)
Primarina, Hydreigon, Mega-Metagross
>>
Honestly, ive had a lot of success with Sand Stream tyranitar, sand rush Sandslash (choice band), and mega scizor. I haven't won super singles yet but I've gotten close, only lost to stupid stall mons, but with some work, I feel like it can become solid
>>
>>31762620

>Primarina, Hydreigon, Mega-Metagross

My nigga. That's my current setup too. 86 wins in
>>
File: Battle Tree.jpg (331KB, 1500x639px) Image search: [Google]
Battle Tree.jpg
331KB, 1500x639px
Doubles. It's unbeatable; I'm at 200 atm.
>>
>>31762764
>Using berry juice instead of a berry so it can't be bug bitten or plucked

That's genius
>>
I got to 54 with A-Ninetales' Aurora Veil and Z-Conversion Boltbeam Porygon-Z (along with Celesteela and Megamence), the only thing that stopped me was some super lucky bullshit from the computer's Bright Powder Magnezone that dodged two consecutive Flamethrowers
>>
>>31763702
54 in Super Doubles*
>>
File: 1481694038484.jpg (35KB, 411x411px) Image search: [Google]
1481694038484.jpg
35KB, 411x411px
>>31762764
>injected this team
>lost on the first battle with it

i've been rused
>>
Sitting at 50 in Super Singles with Pheromosa, Mega-Gross, and Garchomp. Battering-ramming my way through the AI and setting up Swords Dance at convenient times has worked out fantastically so far.
>>
>>31764118

Sorry anon, but injecting a team of good Pokemon with synergy and losing immediately is the biggest symptom of beingshititis.

Beingshititis is terminal, unfortunately.
>>
>>31764264
G8GG-WWWW-WWW5-BGRU

Not switching Greninja to Megazard Y was probably my first mistake, then not switching Megazard Y after the Rain Dance was my second.
>>
>>31764361
Sucks anon. I've got a similar team to the anon above, but I've changed a few moves and items.

KLPG-WWWW-WWW5-BGT2
>>
genuinely can't even get to 50

how do i git gud?
>>
File: wow 1.png (476KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
wow 1.png
476KB, 1000x1000px
>>31761821
Better question, what's the best QR code team?
>>
>>31764501
>>31762611
is good advice. I made it to 50 with big dumb offense. Normalium-Z Hyper Beam Porygon-Z generally takes out one or two mons. Clean up the third with the two randos you have remaining. Tapus and UBs work great.
>>
>>31762481
i remember when i didn't have earthquake on my megamence and got fucked by a bastiodon
>>
>>31764625

That sounds like M-Mence was your last Pokemon. That's part of "consistency is key in the Tree," you never want to be forced onto your last Pokemon. Then it's just a dice roll- if the Pokemon the opponent sends out next counters your last man standing and you can't switch, you're fucked. End of story.

Which Bastiodon gave you trouble?

Bastiodon1 @ Enigma Berry
EVs: HP/Attk
Careful
- Iron Head
- Taunt
- Wide Guard
- Metal Burst

Troll set, just a joke. Just don't kill yourself on Metal Burst, always give it a love tap first in case of Sturdy- then boost and OHKO.

Bastiodon2 @ Chesto Berry
EVs: Def/SpAttk
Bold
- Round
- Rest
- Ancient Power
- Iron Defense

Boost-master + ChestoRest. Spam Iron Defense and fish for Ancient Power boosts. PP Stall Ancient Power with Aegislash, get a few SDs in and then Sacred Sword, which ignores opponent's stat boosts such as Iron Defense.

Bastiodon3 @ Leftovers
EVs: HP/SpDef
Careful
- Stone Edge
- Fissure
- Double Team
- Iron Defense

Can be a legitimate threat if evasion hax kicks in too many times. PP-stall Fissure via King's Shield + Mence switch, then use Aegislash's Sacred Sword which will pierce Evasion boosts.

Bastiodon4 @ Sitrus Berry
EVs: HP/Attk
Brave
- Metal Burst
- Rock Slide
- Wide Guard
- Curse

I could see this being the one that walled you. The key vs multi-stat boosts like Curse is that the AI will not continue to use them if any of the stats boosted hits +6. Let it Curse up and continually Mence-swap with Aegislash to rack up Intimidates. It will be at +3 Attk when it stops Cursing. Feel free to reduce it's Attack further if you'd like, but Aegislash can easily tank a Rock move even at +3. Shadow Sneak love tap > Sword's Dance 1-3 times > Sacred Sword ez win.

I didn't post the Ability because the Battle Tree Pokemon abilities are not set like the other things, it's a random chance of any of the Pokemon's abilities. Oh and if it says 2 stats for EVs, it means they are both maxed out.
>>
File: 544.png (226KB, 680x496px) Image search: [Google]
544.png
226KB, 680x496px
I'm doing super singles now with:
Mimikyu with Ghostium Z
Adamant Nature
252 atk, 252 spe, 4 def
Shadow Sneak
Shadow Claw
Play Rough
Swords Dance

Blaziken with Life Orb
Jolly Nature
252 atk, 252 spe, 4 def
Stone Edge
Protect
Flare Blitz
Hi Jump Kick

Celesteela with Leftovers
Careful Nature
252 HP, 252 spd, 4 def
Heavy Slam
Leech Seed
Protect
Flamethrower

How bad of a team is this for super singles?
>>
>>31765256

Not bad, those Pokemon are all strong individuals, but they don't appear to have much synergy with one another. Consistency is key in the Tree.

Who can swap into a Ghost move for Mimikyu? Mimikyu's problem is once it's Disguise is down it's very vulnerable, and it often can't be switched back in later safely.

Blaziken is very powerful, but Life Orb + Flare Blitz will kill you sooner than you'd like, and High Jump Kick, while pretty accurate and super powerful, when it misses Blaziken will get fucked. 90% accuracy is a gamble in the Battle Tree- you need to win again and again, the opponent only needs to win once. When it seems like Blaziken is your late-game finisher, such inconsistency is suboptimal. Stone Edge's Accuracy is WAY too low for the Battle Tree, get that shit out of there.

If you want to stick to Blaziken and pray to the HJK god for mercy, I'd swap Life Orb for Focus Sash, and then Stone Edge for Sword's Dance. 1 turn, almost always guaranteed +2 Attk + 1 Speed, sweep from there. Who can take the common water moves for Blaziken? If Celesteela gets burned by Scald it's Heavy Slam will be neutered and Leftovers neutralized.

Celesteela is solid, standard steela set it seems. Only downside is with Heavy Slam being your main weapon- your team is all 3 physically offensive Pokemon. You're vulnerable to powerful physical tanks, burns and Intimidate. Who can switch into and handle the powerful electric moves that come to Steela? While Blaziken can theoretically tank Fire moves for it, Blaziken is so squish that it's often going to take more than half damage from even a resisted Fire hit.

Switching synergy is incredibly vital for the Tree.

>>31762481

Hence why I went on about the unreal consistency of the god-tier MegaMence + Aegislash core.
>>
>>31764361

The first and most obvious mistake that you pointed out was leaving Greninja in.

Accelgor is one of the fastest non-boosted Pokemon in the game, and Crobat is right up there as well. You definitely underestimated the power of Accelgor's STAB Bug Buzz. Charizard could have tanked that easily with 4x resist.

You got really lucky with the Rock Slide miss on Aron, letting it get in the Endeavor when it certainly shouldn't have. You shouldn't have bothered with the Protect- all you did was give Ludicolo extra turns of Rain Dish + Leftovers. Lando-T could have wiped out Aerodactyl by itself with any move, then you'd have a Lando + Charizard Y vs Ludicolo, Sun would be back out and you'd have a free win on your hands.

Also Air Slash would really expand Charizard's coverage, not sure why Charizard has both Flamethrower and Heat Wave.
>>
HDLW-WWWW-WWW5-BU43
>That walrein
Goddamn, this is the stupidest shit I've ever witnessed, also please suggest a mega to use, don't wanna use Megamence along with Megachomp.
Also Cynthia is the best partner I have and I don't feel like scouting in super singles
>>
Man just fucking scan the top Rental Team QR code on the Global Link, not that hard
>>
I'm thinking of using a Mimikyu, M-menace, aegislash team. Will I get to 50 with these mons? IV/EV trained Mimi carried me to 20+ alone with my story mons
>>
>>31764603

QR codes are used for a feature called Island Scan, there's no such thing as a "QR team" or whatever you're talking about.
>>
>>31761821
I really want to do battle tree and enjoy more of moon, but I really don't want to be iv breeding (not that I understand it either), I really don't want to be EV training without super training, and I really don't want to be levelling ALL the way to 100 (hard enough getting to 70) just for IVs, which I then don't want to grins for golden bottle caps (again, don't know how either).
Breeding for egg moves and natures is hard enough.

I should just not bother, shouldn't I?
>>
>>31767718

You have 2 Ghost weak mons and one that's neutral, and none of them like Will o Wisp (that almost all Ghosts can learn and often use). I would say to lose Mimikyu for Z-Conversion Porygon-Z for the Ghost immunity.
>>
>>31767906
dumbass
>>
>>31767952
not him but i managed with no electric or ghost resist, given, my aegislash was running weakness policy so i let him eat ghost moves like cereal.
>>
>>31761821

I don't know about the best but what works for me:

AV Primarina, 252 HP 252 SpA Modest, Scald Moonblast Ice Beam Energy Ball.

Mega Metagross, max speed and attack Jolly, Meteor Mash, Zen Headbutt, Bullet Punch, then either Hammer Arm or Earthquake.

The last slot should be any Dragon pseudo really. Hydreigon and Dragonite for a nifty Ground immunity, Garchomp for the Electric immunity, Kommo-o works but it's kind of hard mode compared to the other Dragons. It's obvious niche is taking out annoying bulky Normal types and the capability of OHKOing Fairies and pure Grass types after a Dragon Dance with Poison Jab. It also has 2 useful Abilities, Soundproof or Bulletproof depending on what you want more.
>>
>>31764361
You need to know speed tiers and what Tree pokemon are scarfed in order to use this team.

Thanks to this http://www.serebii.net/sunmoon/battletree/abby.shtml there is literally no excuse for you other than being bad.
>>
For singles I got through with:

Mimikyu@Normalium Z
Ability: Disguise
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe / 4 SpD
Jolly Nature
-Splash
-Shadow Claw
-Play Rough
-Leech Life

Salamence@Salamencite
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe / 4 Def
Adamant Nature
-Roost
-Dragon Dance
-Double-Edge
-Earthquake

Weavile@Life Orb
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 Atk/252 Spe/4 Def
Jolly Nature
-Ice Shard
-Icicle Crash
-Knock Off
-Poison Jab
>>
>>31767962

Nice argument.
>>
>>31768047

Why does this list not include every possible pokemon?
>>
>>31768141

That's only 1 trainer's pool
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (176KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
176KB, 1280x720px
>>31762764
Quick Rundown for everyone who wants to try this:
1. Lead Greninja+Aron.
2. The AI will generally target the Aron, unless it sees an easy KO on greninja. That also means that they will generally not use setup, status or weather moves. Generally, no guarantees.
3. If there is anything that outspeeds Greninja or is scarfed AND can knock it out, (refer to http://www.serebii.net/sunmoon/battletree/abby.shtml) SWITCH turn1.
4. Turn 1 should otherwise always be Endeavor + Mat Block, Followed by Protect + Surf, followed by Endeavor + Ice/Beam Gras Knot.

Things to remember/consider:
- Aerodactly gave me problems, so I swapped Groundium Z for Rockium Z, just to give myself a way of hitting it.
- Charizard can take a Rockslide if you intimidate the user first
- Do NOT, NEVER, under ANY circumstances, replace the Lum Berry. The Battle Tree AI ignores the Aron for the sake of using Thunderwave and Hypnosis, which will cripple Greninja. Lum Berry is essential.
- Mega Abomasnow is a hard-counter to this strategy, as funny as it sounds and running Sandstorm over Sleep Talk or Toxic on Aron might be worth considering.
- Landorus and Charizard Y are basically just filler to clean up or switch. Feel free to replace them with other things, just keep typings in mind (Greninja+Aron alone guarantee lots of fighting type moves, so bringing Tyranitar for example is a bad idea).
>>
>>31768141
It does. Click on the field and choose the trainer name for whoever you are facing.
>>
I beat Super Doubles with Garchomp/Koko/Kartana/Golisopod. I beat singles with Pyukumuku/Garchomp/Metagross/Golisopod.
>>
>>31761821
Super Singles: Mega-mence, Top Fin, Smogonsword

Multi: Xurkitree + Top Kek
>>
I got to streak 50 in super singles with all 3 starters
>>
>>31761821
MegaMence
Always MegaMence
If I could run 3 MegaMence I would
>>
>>31768560
Yeah good luck with those Weaviles m8
>>
>>31762764
>>31768183
will try this, looks gimmicky enough.
>>
File: IMG_20170213_191906.jpg (178KB, 563x1000px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170213_191906.jpg
178KB, 563x1000px
Veteran Kikujiro is a filthy cheater!

GETW-WWWW-WWW5-CWYF

Turn 5 or 6, his Thundurus somehow outsped my Greninja and got off a rest it shouldn't have. (Thundurus is 111 speed, Greninja 122)

For reference, this is the Greninja used. Feel free to hammer it through the Serebi IV calculator, I put 252 speed into dat grill 100%.

I obviously still won, because the team is fucking invincible.
>>
>>31768694
Are you sure he wasn't scarfed? I'm not home so I can't check the video
>>
New Fag here.

How an i get a Mallow with Mega Sceptile as lead?
Or general how can i get another trainer with Pokemon i want to have?
Is there some kind of system or will the mons be purely random?
>>
>>31768704
No.

1. The Thundurus woke itself up with a Chesto berry
2. I outsped it the 4-5 turns before the Rest
3. The Battle Tree database doesn't have a scarf Thundurus in it.

blatant cheats.
>>
I got past 50 with eviolite Porygon 2, Mega Metagross and Blissey
>>
>>31768694
Wait a second, Thundurus normal form gets Prankster right?

I thought the Battle Tree pokemon were locked into always having hidden abilities.
>>
>>31768694
>>31768725
Thundurus's ability is Prankster, dumbass.
>>
>>31768771
The team is apparently good enough to carry an idiot who doesn't know what abilities do.
>>
fuck battle tree FUCK BATTLE TREE

HOW IS SLEEP STILL SO FUCKING BROKEN AFTER 7 GOD DAMN GENS
>>
File: 1282261211635.png (113KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
1282261211635.png
113KB, 512x512px
I used PowerSaves to get a 49 streak and won #50 to get my 50 win streak. You mad?
>>
This is all you need for doubles
https://3ds.pokemon-gl.com/rentalteam/BT-8D86-4B00
>>
252+ Atk Silver Powder Golisopod First Impression vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Starmie: 332-392 (102.4 - 120.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO

starmie survives and ohkos me with thunderbolt
someone explain what the fuck gives
>>
>>31769163
Not really. I don't really see the point though
>>
>>31769755
+nature?
>>
For Super Doubles I used Porygon2, Crabominable, A-Marowak, and A-Muk.
For Super Singles I used Mega Gyarados, Mimikyu, and Aegislash.
>>
>>31767906
is this b8
>>
>>31769163
>Not good enough to actually win
Cheating at a children's game is shameful.
>>
>>31761821
Kartana w/ Steelium Z
>Leaf Blade
>Smart Strike
>Aerial Ace
>Sacred Sword

Nihilego w/ Assault Vest
>Power Gem
>Sludge Bomb
>Dazzling Gleam
>Thunderbolt

Buzzwole w/ Life Orb
>Leech Life
>Hammer Arm
>Ice Punch
>Poison Jab

I've had 3 50+ win streaks in singles with this team. Best team I've ever used.
>>
Holy shit i almost had a heart attack
lucky

SVCG-WWWW-WWW5-C4C9
>>
>>31770051
you're telling me there's a max hp, def, +def nature starmie going around the battle tree just to fuck with me
>>
>>31767906
Haven't you noticed the "Use QR Code team" option when going into the battle tree or multiplayer?
>>
Any suggestions for a good 3rd for Super Singles? My team is Roserade and Porygon2. I'm thinking of something like Garchomp but I'm not sure.
>>
i used Ninetales.buzzwole and Xurkitree, got to 70 in singles
Thread posts: 83
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.