[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Playing Through a bunch of ROMs

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: 1467254785922.png (833KB, 750x750px) Image search: [Google]
1467254785922.png
833KB, 750x750px
Recently, I've been thinking about playing through all of the Pokemon games up to B2/W2, transferring my Pokemon as I go. (Using roms. I have all of the physical games, but I want to do a run where I'm just messing around without saving over any of my actual cartridges.)

What do you think would be the best order to play them in? I'll be using cheats to get the version exclusives, but only in the areas that they would be catchable.

Have any of you guys ever done this before?

I'm thinking of doing them in this order:
>Leafgreen
>Emerald
>Platinum
>Soul Silver
>Black
>Black 2

Is there anything that I've overlooked? Would you suggest I change any of the games on the list to the other versions? Would you change the order in which they're played?

I'm thinking about spending a lot of time in all of the post game content in each game, in each game. How long do you think it'll take me to play through all of them?
>>
>>31754278
Bampu
>>
You might want to consider either completing the regional dex each time, or trying to get all the ribbons available to you each time on one ribbon trophy mon. Dunno, sounds fun to me. You might also want to play colloseum/XD to get some extra mons from there (including ribbons).
Other than that, there's different things in each game which you can do in post-game, most of which will not have any repercussion on what you'll be transferring up, but you might want to waste your time on regardless, such as beating the several frontiers/towers/PWT. You might want to check out http://technophonix.tumblr.com/guides for post-game checklists for each game starting from D/P. You can use those to get a feel for the most important things you might want to do in each post-game, though, keep in mind that completing those lists is extremely tedious (I haven't even completed S/M's yet, after 200+h playtime, nor ORAS after 300h).
>>
Well, you could add Colosseum and Gale of Darkness to the list.
As far as i know, it is possible to connect a Gamecube-Emulator the a Gba-emulator, so tranferring the mons should work.
>>
Oh, and while I'm at it, Gen4 had a lot of worthwhile events, as well as some transfers from the Ranger games. Might at least want to inject the cool event items that trigger story sequences, and give you otherwise unobtainable mons.
>>
>>31754668
Not mentioned in the guides: You can catch regigigas in DPP if you transfer your regis up.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.