[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Gen 5, more like Gen 1, lol.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 9

File: dumb_gen_v.png (1MB, 1400x1350px) Image search: [Google]
dumb_gen_v.png
1MB, 1400x1350px
Gen 5, more like Gen 1, lol.
>>
Audino is to Chansey
Ducklett evolves and wasn't made to be useless.

A lot of others like Excadrill fall into this, albeit being superior to their Kantonian counterparts.

Let's not forget Gen 2 parallels as well, like Galvantula to Ariados.
>>
Did you just now realize this?
>>
>>31754229
Gens have patterns xd
>>
>>31754229
This is old news. Gen 5 decided to only include new Pokemon so it had to pad out the Pokedex with carbon copies of gen 1 Pokemon and a have a bunch of pointless middle-stage Pokemon (Gothorita, Klang, Vanillish, Eelectrik etc.).
>>
>>31754773
To be fair, gen 5 had the most blatant copypastas.
>>
>>31754229
I had already noticed this and started comparing every new and old concept rappresentation and I ended up liking gen 5 more. Is this a bad thing for a region that started without imigrants pokémon?
>>
>>31754800
Except they were all done better with the exception of the klink line
>>
>tfw don't have the patience to make one for gen 3
Dumb Unova haters don't even realize how shitty their own gen is.
>>
>>31754411
>dug "banned to ubers" trio inferior to a manlet mole
kys excrementdrill
>>
>>31755005
>t. unovabortion
>>
>>31755005
The rodents and the birds are pure shit. The bull and the bats are worse than their Kanto counterparts. The rest is better though, I will agree, even if completely unoriginal.
>>
>>31755034
Hoenn doesn't have a fighting and a rock line with 3 stages, nor a fighting duo, a frog line, a bull, a pokeball clone, a bunch of gears/magnets, nor a bunch of three headed mons.
>>
>>31754799
Not just gen 1. Forretress and ferrothorn are remarkably similar in that they have an egg shaped prevolution, have two eyes without any other facial features, a rigid shell with soft organic matter inside, and the 4x weakness to fire. also, their stats and typing gave them similar roles in the meta.
>>
>>31755155
What other mons are similar to gen 2 in unova?
>>
>>31754229
Welcome to 2011 bro
>>
File: yjj75_by_mega_megan-d8s8eep.jpg (41KB, 500x523px) Image search: [Google]
yjj75_by_mega_megan-d8s8eep.jpg
41KB, 500x523px
Well they we're trying to recreate gen 1 all over again.
Here's a video explaining in more detail everything op pointed out:
https://youtu.be/MfF9dpDJ3dA?t=656
Just watch the first part, the rest is kinda cringey for some people
>>
>>31755176
>Silverleague
Man if he wasn't so cringy, he would be top tier. His videos are pretty good but his voice when he gets "emotional" is so bad.
>>
>>31755163
Sigilyph and Xatu are both totem inspired Flying/Psychic types
>>
>>31755039
Excadrill was banned to ubers first
>>
>>31755306
...Sort of I guess, although Sigilyph isn't really a totem. What else?
>>
File: Gen 5.jpg (417KB, 2004x1457px) Image search: [Google]
Gen 5.jpg
417KB, 2004x1457px
>>31755347
This, pretty much, though It doesn't have the Sygiliph/Xatu connection the other Anon mentioned.
>>
>>31755385
>it's a pig so it must be like the other pig
>it's a crocodile so it must be like the other crocodile
Dude Pignite and Grumpig, and Krookodile and Feraligatr don't even fit the same role or purpose. They're just the same species. This is stupid.
>eeveelutions are elemental monkeys
Dude wtf. Leafeon isn't even from the same gen as the others.

The rest is sort of okay, though.
>>
>>31755404
The Eeveelutions have not been remade into monkeys, since there was no normal type "ancestor monkey". What I meant with that post was that the eeveelutions and elemental monkeys are the same basic design with a different element. Also, most of the mons here are from mixed gens, Magnezone, for example, is gen 4 while the rest of its line is gen 1
>>
>>31755385
Excadrill is more like Sandslash imo

Whimsicott/Lilligant is like Weepinbell/Vileplume -> grass version exclusives that both evolve with a rare stone

Golurk is Claydol, Sigilyph is Xatu

Crustle is Kingler

Ducklett isn't Farfetch'd. Stupid.

Gothorita and Reuniclus are both Alakazam

Chandellure is Gengar

Carracosta is Omastar and Kabutops, Archeops is Aerodactyl

Vannilluxe is Dodrio/Magneton/Dugtrio

Escavalier/Accelgor duo is like Pinsir/Scyther duo

Bisharp is human shaped mons like Jynx and Mr Mime

Heatmor is literally Magmar
Durant is literally Scizor in gen II

Haxorus is Rhydon/Rhyperior in gen I

Genesect is Mewtwo
Melloetta is Celebi
Victini is Mew

And wtf is Chespin doing there
>>
>>31755430
I guess that's somewhat acceptable even if the Eeveelutions didn't fill the same role story or game play wise in Gen I as the monkeys in Gen V
>>
>>31755454
Excadrill and Sandslash are more similar, yes, but I was acknowledging that they are both moles.

Right.

Right again.

You could say the same for any crustacean, like crawdaunt

Ducklett and Farfetch'd look similar, but Farfetch'd lacks an evolution.

Gothorita and Jynx are both humanoid pokemon based on real life human culture. Also, neither Gothorita nor Reuniclus evolve via trading, like Alakazam does.

Chandelure does not evolve via trading, like Gengar does.

Almost every gen introduces new fossils, also, Nautiluses and turtles, Pterosauriade and Archaeopterix are wildly different.

You're right about Vanilluxe being the "Let's have it evolve by mashing a couple together" of gen 5

Escavalier/Accelgor and Pinsir/scyther seems fair enough of a comparison, though I'd add the attempted traits of pokemon mixing up while trading gen 1 had sometimes too. For example, Machoke has a reptilian head, and one pair of arms, while Graveler has two pairs of arms and a spread crest. Machamp has the spread crest and two pairs of arms of Graveler, while Golem has one pair of arms and a reptilian head.

I don't see Bisharp being similar to anything which came before it.

Heatmor seems fair enough

I don't see any paralells between Durant and Scizor aside from the bug/steel typing.

How is Haxorus similar to that line at all?

New legendaries and mythical pokemon are added every single gen, though I guess Mewtwo and Genesect both being created by humans is fair enough.

Chespin is there because of sloppy editing.
>>
>>31755530
>For example, Machoke has a reptilian head, and one pair of arms, while Graveler has two pairs of arms and a spread crest. Machamp has the spread crest and two pairs of arms of Graveler, while Golem has one pair of arms and a reptilian head.
http://serebii.net/rb/greenblue.shtml
>Haunter trade for Machoke
>Graveler trade for Kadabra
Let's drop this meme shall we?
>>
>>31755530
>I don't see Bisharp being similar to anything which came before it.
Human mons were literally a thing only in gens I and V
>How is Haxorus similar to that line at all?
Brute dinosaurs
>>
>>31755530
>I don't see any paralells between Durant and Scizor aside from the bug/steel typing.
Durant is like Scyther, a late rare catch that's a bug, that's close in the dex to other late catches like Magmar and Electabuzz. Scizor filled that role in gen II and has the exact same typing.
>>
>>31755560
In fact, I'd add the Aggron line as another example of this.
>>
>>31754799
>Eelektrick is pointless when its the only member of its line that can learn moves
???
>>
>>31755560
>Human mons were literally a thing only in gens I and V
What about Deoxys, Medicham, Gardevouir and Gallade? And that's ignoring the clearly not human but human-shaped Pokémon like Blaziken.
>>
File: Gen 5.jpg (380KB, 2004x1457px) Image search: [Google]
Gen 5.jpg
380KB, 2004x1457px
>>31755385
Here, I tried to fix it.
>>
>>31755657
Anon does have a point though.

the Human-Like Egg group consists of 16 lines from gen 1 and 5

And 11 total from other gens; Hawlucha/Pancham in gen 6, Toxicroak, Lucario, Lopunny, and infernapefrom Gen 4, and then the rest are gen 3 mons
>>
>>31754229

Are you mentally challenged?

This was all clearly intentional, they wanted gen 5 to be a series "re-boot" or sorts, and were trying to show off how much their designs have improved since the originals. It's very clear that a ton of gen 5 Pokemon are revised versions of their gen I counterparts.

And in pretty much every single case, the gen 5 Pokemon are better designed. A ton of gen I Pokemon were fucking retarded, non-cohesive and many don't look like they belong in the same game.
>>
>>31754229
Wow, this post shows how intelligent you are...
>>
>>31755454
Crustle is Parasect
>>
>>31754229
What about Koffing-Weezing and Vanillie-Vanillish-Vaniluxe

aka Pokemon based on inanimate object that grow an additional head while evolving
>>
File: 1475705452646.png (190KB, 540x482px) Image search: [Google]
1475705452646.png
190KB, 540x482px
This is an intentional design choice they went with. I can't find the interview now, but their thought process when designing gen 5 mons was "What if this was the first game? How would we do things differently now?"
>>
>>31755039
I thought the Drillbur line mirrored the Sandshrew line.
>>
>>31755337
Not in 2017.
So 2000 and late.
>>
File: b57[1].jpg (82KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
b57[1].jpg
82KB, 1024x576px
>>31755677
>using pokemon of other generations
>using jynx as counterpart to gothitelle line, not using gardevoir
>>
>>31754229
>Jigglypuff
Audino is more connected to Chansey
>>
>>31755836
Parasect isn't a crustacean.
>>
>>31755657
>Deoxys, Medicham, Gardevouir and Gallade
Deoxys, Gardevoir and Gallade are midly human, they are a bunch of things. Gardevoir's line is somewhat angle like, and Deoxys is just a plastic mecha. Medicham is pretty human like though.
>>
File: 1451662112590.jpg (162KB, 524x768px) Image search: [Google]
1451662112590.jpg
162KB, 524x768px
>>31754229
>Purrloin
>standing cat
>?????

There should be OP's photo under the 'Human waste'
>>
>>31754229
as a franchise persists, repetition is inevitable.
>>
>>31755974
Jynx and Gothitelle are humanoid pokemon which reflext themes present in real life human culture. Gardevoir is based more on the guardian angel concept. Also, smoochum and gothita look very alike.
>>
>>31756611
Purrloin is a stading cat both in the games and the anime.
>>
>>31754229
>the stack of electric rats
kek
>>
>>31754229
Everyone knows that since gen V was an attempt at rebooting the series
it had an unova only dex per example
the game didn't sell well so GF started doing the gen 1 pandering in the next generation, and guess what ? They were shit but sold extremely well
>>
>>31754229
Let's play the how many of these groups are common fucking trends game!
1. Rodent Group
2. 2-Stage Cat Pokemon (all gens up to 6)
3. Regional Birds
4. Trade Evolutions
5. omg le so many fish ecks dee
6. Electric Rat was pointed out, so I'm not gonna use this one.
>>
File: gen 5.png (2MB, 2004x1457px) Image search: [Google]
gen 5.png
2MB, 2004x1457px
updated version, let me know if i forgot something
>>
>>31754229
top row is every gen
audino is supposedt to be a chansey expy
anything to replace zubat should be 100% acceptable, the thing is fucking annoying and most of us are sick of seeing it in every cave ever
dumb fish is broad
gen 5's duck evolves into something useful, don't compare to farfetch'd
Forgot Rapidash = Zebstrika

Also gen 5 did this intentionally because in BW they only let you access the new ~150 pokemon prior to the final boss. They wanted to give people the option of a substitute for long-time favorites. You could say they had too many things like this, I wouldn't disagree, but the logic behind most of these additions seems sound from my perspective.

Could also say they were added because Unova was the first non-japanese region and they wanted to give many old ideas a new spin, essentially regional forms done wrong.
>>
>>31756979
>a fighting type is like another fighting type
anon is a genius!
>>
File: Gen 5.jpg (401KB, 2004x1457px) Image search: [Google]
Gen 5.jpg
401KB, 2004x1457px
>>31756979
Another updated version, different Anon.
I took hints from the rest of the thread, and the chart the Anon I am replying to posted, but tried to include none other than the Pokémon which have both similarities in design and in-game purpose. The way they are obtained is also respected, to an extent.
>>
>>31757646
>can't have more than one pokemon as a reference
that's boring, at least the other version was more interesting even if dumb
>>
>>31757646
Is Glalie really like Cryogonal? I mean, Glalie has a pre-evolution
>>
>>31757686
Glalie is a face-shaped chunk of ice, and so is Cryogonal.
>>31757680
You're right, I just wanted to keep it simple. I could have done Sandlash and Dugtrio for Excadrill, since it is similar in concept for both. There are other examples, some of which the other anon posted.
>>
>>31757646
Stunfisk has nothing particularly "Dunsparcy" about it.
>>
>>31757753
Does it not? They are both weak, flop around on their bellies, do not evolve into anything and have receeded limbs.
>>
Honestly I haven't noticed a huge difference in pokemon design over the generations. There's been no noticeable drop or raise in quality.

I actually consider gen 5 the best in terms of new mons just for the sheer amount compared to other gens. Since the enjoyment of each mon is highly subjective, quantity trumps quality to a certain extent as long as a good quality baseline is maintained.
>>
>>31758154
First of all, Stunfisk isn't weak. It can actually be quite useful. Dunsparce is just pure shit.
Second, Dunsparce is a rare half mythological pokemon more in vein with Drampa. Stunfisk is just a fish. Lorewise they have nothing to do with eachtother. Might as well just start putting random pokemon together.
Thread posts: 64
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.