[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: We cut the Unova Dex down to the same amount of pokemon

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 6

File: unova_dex_by_blue_zap-d7k06pe.jpg (413KB, 1024x939px) Image search: [Google]
unova_dex_by_blue_zap-d7k06pe.jpg
413KB, 1024x939px
ITT: We cut the Unova Dex down to the same amount of pokemon in gen 6/7 (so like 70-80ish) in an attempt to make an all killer no filler dex. Only rule is no removing any of the constant expy mons (so no removing the starters, regional rat/bird/bug lines, pikaclone, fossil lines, pseudo lines, mythical pixie mon, and mythical superpowered mon)
>>
FYI, the lone rule means that:

>Victini, Snivy line, Tepig line, Oshawott line, Patrat line, Pidove line, Sewaddle line, Tirtouga line, Archen line, Emolga, Deino line, the tao trio, and Genesect

are still in the dex. That's 30 pokemon, so ~50 of the remaining 126 can stay.
>>
remove throh
>>
>>31754182
Isn't Meloetta also safe?
And do the BW2 cover legends count as part of the Tao Trio?
>>
Remove hurrdurr line.
>>
>>31754155
Cut the icecream
>>
File: 1486888747747.jpg (279KB, 1024x939px) Image search: [Google]
1486888747747.jpg
279KB, 1024x939px
And nothing of value was lost
>>
remove sawk too
>>
REMOVE GENIES
>>
>>31754233
>removing ice types when it's the second less abundant type
Better remove water types like water monkey
>>
>>31754247
Cut liligant line for beeheyem line.
Cut darmanitan line for garbodor line
Add durant

Other then those yeah, this is relatively fine.
>>
>>31754261
Nah. If the dex is small, older ice types can take those slots. Spheal comes to mind.
>>
>>31754277
shit taste except beheeyem
>>
>>31754224
Is she? The only gens to have non-pixie and non-superpowered mythical mons were 4 (Darkrai, and technically Shaymin), 5 (Meloetta), 6 (Diancie), and 7 (Magearna). Actually, it may be a more recent expy, but it's still an expy. So the only mythical not completely safe is Keldeo.

>>31754247
This...actually isn't that bad. It's got all the essential roles filled, generally even coverage for p much every type, and keeps a bunch of fan favorites in while removing most of the pokémon that were only made to fit roles that were in generation 1. Pretty good, anon.
>>
i think we can all agree that the ice cream cones should go
>>
>>31754277
>cut darmanitan line for literal trash
This is the worst post I've ever read
>>
File: 5G a refaire.png (786KB, 1024x939px) Image search: [Google]
5G a refaire.png
786KB, 1024x939px
>>
>>31754247
Actually, I should've added Munna/Musharna as necessary pokémon due to their relevance to the dream world.

There's also a lack of fire type options too (not that gen 5 had a bunch as is). Volcarona is supposed to be super rare on its own, so you can't put that, and the monkeys are pretty much universally hated, so you can't go for that either. The only option I could see would be to give Heatmor a pre-evolution, but that delves into fanon. This is all, of course, assuming Unova still has only new pokemon in Black/White.
>>
>>31754353
I left Firefags a starter, Victini, Darmanitan, Chandelure, and Volcarona. That's almost double the options in Platinum. It's fine.
>>
File: gen 5.png (553KB, 1024x939px) Image search: [Google]
gen 5.png
553KB, 1024x939px
>>
>>31754375
Oops, I forgot about Chandelure. Actually than, that doesn't end up being a problem.

The only type I see snubbed is psychic, since the only non-legendary mon there with it is Reuniclus (and technically Zen Mode Darmanitan, but that's HA locked). I would just add Musharna like I said, or maybe Beheeyem also.
>>
>>31754397
>Kept the ice cream
>>
>>31754397
>left out based centipede
>left out best GAD
>kept one of the genies
what
>>
>>31754351
t. "I can't read"
>>
>>31754475

Why bother keeping birds, rodents, or legendaries if they look like thrash and bring noting to the table? Besides we have plenty of those already.
>>
>>31754155
>>31754182
That's a really shit rule. Not all generations have fossil Pokémon, so why should they be guarded? And the fuck with "superpowered mythicals", as if that's a series stable? The only ones that should get a free pass to stay should be the starters, cover legendaries, regional rodent/bird/bug lines and Victini.
>>
>>31754504
And the Hydreigon line*
>>
>>31754155
Can someone make it for me?
Remove:
Patrat line(lilpup line is good enough for the early normal type)
Pidove line(replaced by rufflet and vullaby for early birds)
Elemental Monkeys
Gurdurr only
Tympole only
Throh and Sawk
Roggenrola only
Bassculin
Gothita and Solosis only
Ducklett only
Vanilish only
Fungus line
Alomomola
Klang only
Tynamo only
Fraxure
Cryogonal
Stunfisk
Druddigon
Bouffalant
Genies

I don't really hate any but these I would remove in order to make the dex smaller
>>
File: Unova dex.jpg (15KB, 1024x939px) Image search: [Google]
Unova dex.jpg
15KB, 1024x939px
there we go
fixed
>>
>>31755094
How does Lillie fix the Unova dex?
>>
File: Untitled.png (552KB, 969x727px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
552KB, 969x727px
I got it down to 87. It's tough! Thoughts?
>>
Anyone else really like Sawsbuck?
Such a dope design even though it's literally a deer with some seasonal shit added on.
>>
>>31755759
I had literally forgotten it existed until I saw an imagine of it in a thread 2 days ago.
>>
>>31754155
>Wanting 80~ Pokemon

JUST REMOVE GENIES
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.