[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do people care so much about starters?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: 1448329961276.png (222KB, 615x700px) Image search: [Google]
1448329961276.png
222KB, 615x700px
Why do people care so much about starters?
>>
>>31754010
>not caring about the first Pokémon you get in a Pokémon game
>>
>>31754020
There are plenty of other Pokemon to choose from in every game. If you like or dislike a Pokemon, why does it matter of it's a starter or not? I just don't get why people act like a starter being good (competitively or design-wise) is more important than any other Pokemon being good.
>>
>>31754010
I wanted Pacifica to kiss Mabel.
>>
>>31754010
Didn't she have tits during her debut?
>>
They're the very first pokemon revealed, and the ones you have to stick with through a majority of the game, at least the first half. People want them to be good so they can grow attached to them through their journey, moreso than the regional bird or rodent or the pseudo. On top of this there's the aspect of choice: without trading you only get access to one, and you have to stick with it, so people seek validation for such a contextually important choice, and make fun or attack those who don't agree with them most of the time.

It really isn't that complicated to understand or figure out
>>
>>31754045
Its the first pokemon you get in every game normies want you to think you should keep it for the whole game in your party.
Even if you dont like the choices.

People like to think they know how best to enjoy pokemon. And that means sticking with a starter regardless of if its actually appealing to you.
>>
Stupid people get tricked into thinking they're special and different to other pokemon. Same goes for legendaries.
>>
On some level i try to keep my starter with me if it's my first time playing through a region. for the whole role playing aspect of this being my trainer's first and most beloved partner (like how in the anime ash and pikachu have an unbreakable bond because pikachu was his first pokemon)
But for the most part i don't give a shit about starers. When ever i replay johto i box my starter because none of the johto final forms appeal to me.
>>
>>31754010
I just care about fire starters since you usually get your first fire mons like 3/4 into the game. Idgaf about the other two
>>
The reason is that a lot of people don't play competive or have the guts to drop them and don't want see their "bros" get shit on for whatever reason.

>>31754119
>>31754252
also this
>>
Pacifica's massive breasts
>>
>>31754010
Why wouldn't you? With a few exceptions, they're strong and reliable. They're the first Pokemon you get, so you always have access to them and are the Pokemon you generally spend the most time using, unlike, say, a Metagross, which you won't have access to for the majority of the game.
>>
>>31754045
Because in most generations the fire starter is one of if not the only fire pokemon you get like in gen 4. So if it's not good, say goodbye to any use of that.
>>
>>31754010
>>31754045
Because I would rather have a good looking and strong Pokemon from the very beginning rather than wait until 4th Gym.
>>
>>31756413
i miss a year ago
>>
What a stupid question.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.