[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Which generation makes you feel the most nostalgic? (not which

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 7

File: tfw n.jpg (41KB, 400x291px) Image search: [Google]
tfw n.jpg
41KB, 400x291px
Which generation makes you feel the most nostalgic? (not which one you started with. for example I started with kanto but I've played it so many times I feel nothing)
>>
Gen 4
>>
Gen II. I miss that particular sprite style.
>>
>>31750648
Johto.
>>
>>31750648
I started with gen 2. But I think gen 4 would probably give me the most nostalgia. I replay gen 2 and 3 so much I've lost the nostalgia for them.
>>
>>31750648
2 or 4
>>
>>31750648
started in yellow when i was like 2 years old but gens 3 and 4 are probably the most nostalgic for me
>>
I think the general consensus is that gen 4 is the most nostalgic because no one has time to replay it and sit through that framerate
>>
>>31750648
I absolutely adore gen 3 hoenn. I've been playing since gen 1 but I didn't truly have a bro or even play the game well until gen 3. I have yet to beat OR but I am working on it. I even have several of my gen 3 pokemon in sun right now.
>>
Definitely gen 2 or gen 4. 3 is a good runner up.
>>
mine is definitely gen 3. i adored emerald and loved playing the battle frontier, even though i could only beat the battle pike. i also spent the most time playing it and since i didnt play gen 1 until after gen 4, FRLG were really interesting to me and i personally loved the sevii islands.

>>31750793
kek
>>
I started with 1 but 2. With 1 I only feel nostalgic when I listen to its music while the sprites and overworld of 2 already makes me feel nostalgic.
>>
gen 2 obviously
>>
Gen 4. Diamond and Platinum were some of the games I clocked the most hours in. I have very fond memories of Sinnoh. Even though it wasn't the first game I started with (Started with Emerald. Yeah I know, I would've started with Red or Blue if I had money growing up) it's easily one of my favorites. I remember finding Giratina in Turnback Cave and almost shitting myself. I actually have my Empoleon from a save I created back in 2009.
>>
>>31750930
literally me except i never played gen 1

also 4
>>
BW2 when you go inside Hilbert's/Hilda's house and talk to mom
>>
>>31750648
gen 5, largely because i had a fantastic b2w2 run during a very rough time in my life

i still feel residual happiness when i hear lacunosa's theme https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7TFZ5fBT9eA
>>
Gen 2, and nostalgia is the sole reason theyre my favorite games.

As a kid I loved the original Pokemon, but to find out that they had MORE Pokemon that I had never seen blew my tiny, child mind
>>
>>31750648
Hoenn
>>
>>31750648
Gen 1
>>
>>31750648

Started with Gen 1 but I feel the most nostalgia for Gen 2
>>
Gen 5
>>
Im from the very start of the franchise but gen 4 was very nostalgic
>>
Gen 3
>>
>>31750648
gen 2's pallet was made for nostalgia. that creamy pastel color HNNGG
>>
File: Sad Beach.png (341KB, 597x257px) Image search: [Google]
Sad Beach.png
341KB, 597x257px
>>31750648
Gen 4
>>
>>31750648
Gold, but also LeafGreen. Started with Blue.
Gold because I finally began to sort of understand the game, and LeafGreen because I came to understand it even better.
>>
>>31750950
>>31751446
stuff like this makes VC rereleases and kanto pandering in gen 6 and 7 kinda harsher in hindsight.
>>
1-3 (not as much for gen 1), 5 and in the future 7

I can't feel nostalgia for gen 4/6, way too many problems that frustrate me when I think of them

I'll probably be nostalgic for 7 in the future
>>
File: 1401948966828.jpg (150KB, 452x600px) Image search: [Google]
1401948966828.jpg
150KB, 452x600px
gen 3 hoeen.
I started with leaf green but I've played hoeen a lot more. When i started omega ruby that call back to the original opening of the games mad me so happy. such a shame that they fucked up the post game so badly.
>>
>>31754859
emerald is my favorite pokemon game

OR/AS is the only time i've ever actually canceled my preorder, did it when I heard the frontier wasn't in and the maison was instead

what a load of shit, I have yet to play them and from what i've heard/seen probably never will

so sad that they fucked this up so hard when HG/SS were such fantastic remakes, despite some problems from the original not being addressed
>>
>>31750648
I started with gen 1 but gens 2 and 5 give me that nostalgic feeling.
>>
>>31754875
yeah. The only reason i get oras is because i was a poor fag when gen six was coming out and didn't get my 3ds until gen 6 was ending. I bought omega ruby because i couldn't find X at the stores near my house, my friend who's super casual had alpha sapphire, and i loved ruby so much. Plus i like a few of the new megas introduced in oras. Mega Lopunny is an absolute beast in competitive!
>>
>>31750648
I started with Red, but Unova gives me the feels, man. I have so many fond memories of that generation.
>>
>>31750648
well none of them if you put that restriction on it. mine would definitely be gen1, since I started with gen1 yellow.

we bought a used car, and I found a gameboy with yellow in it. nice luck!
>>
>>31750648
Gen 3. I started with that one, but never thought it was better or "the best" just because I started with it, unlike 99% of everyone in this dumbass fandom. But when ORAS came out, I couldn't help but feel overwhelmed with joy when playing through it all again in 3D and with all the new Pokémon.

I actually think the same is going to happen when we get Gen 5 remakes. Gen 5 is my favourite generation, so by that time (in like 5-8 years or so) it's bound to give me nostalgia.
>>
>>31754914
Though I also recently replayed Platinum, and boy was it a great feeling! Comparing it to Sun, you can really see that the games' quality have been reduced over the years.
>>
>>31754922
oh fuck off.
you guys just love to whine about everything. sm are great.
>>
I replay most of the games regularly so I don't really have any "nostalgia" for them when I know in the here and now how good or bad they were, even have replayed vanilla blatantly outdated shit like RB, GS, RS, and DP sometimes

SM will probably end up having the most "nostalgia" because I don't think I'll ever want to replay it again and will only have distant memories to judge it by unless I decide to replay it to make an in-depth analysis about why the game doesn't work for me
>>
>>31750648
Genwun fag, but Gen 2/HGSS has best nostalgia for me.
>>
Not a Genwunner but pokemon red was the first I played and I've had it since I was four, going back every once in awhile brings back good memories.
>>
gen 3
specifically FRLG, i haven't actually played RSE
i wish i could find the cartridge again ;_;
>>
>>31750739
haahhaaah faggot underage shit
>>
>>31750648
Gen II.
But in years to come, gen V will be the true nostalgia king.

of course gen I has some nostalgia value in every little corner, I have memories in every place of Kanto.

Gen IV is the one I'll forget without regrets, it was horrible.
Gen III was nice and I have fond memories of that too, same goes for VI.
I don't know about VII, still have to play it.
>>
>>31755979
People who were 8 when they played DP are old enough to use this site.
>>
Gen 3 was my everything but never had I put so much effort and memories into a pokemon game as I did in Diamond. First time I ever caught em all.
>>
I got Blue as a birthday gift when I was 6, and later found out about Gold when I randomly saw it in a store, I had no idea it existed. So I immediately started playing once I found out about them.

However, Ruby/Sapphire were the first games where I was completely aware of their existence months before release, so I spent months hyping myself up, gushing over the amazing GBA graphics and visiting the pokemon website daily to check out the new pokemon on their pokedex. When I finally bought it, I was in love. The game looked a million times better than gen 2, the region was so varied and full of life. Little me couldn't deal with it, I couldn't stop playing. Even to this day, I haven't replayed a pokemon game as much as I have Sapphire.

That's probably why I like ORAS much more than most. My nostalgiaboner for Hoenn is fucking massive.
>>
I can't really feel nostalgia for 1 anymore. It only brings me bitterness when you factor in the past few years.

Gen 2 really hits me though, B2W2 as well because it was a period in my life that I met a lot of friends I keep close to me
>>
File: Fennel2_Dream.png (20KB, 100x162px) Image search: [Google]
Fennel2_Dream.png
20KB, 100x162px
>>31750648
Black 2.
I feel nothing from HG or prior but Black 2 was the one that I played online so much, scammed people out of event legends on the GTS with hacked shinies (that I did not hack myself, but rather got in negotiations and wanted to get rid of), Join Avenue, getting the shiny Haxorus and Gible, over 500 GTS negotiations, the music, getting a solosis in trade finally and training it into a champion Reuniclus, fucking around in the PGL and getting cool dream ball pokemon, etc.

So much I miss, but the biggest would be automatchup negotiations.
>>
>>31750648
Gen 2 Kanto makes me more nostalgic than gen 1 Kanto does
>>
2 and 3
I think I've played gen 1 too many times to really feel nostalgic when playing it anymore. Listening to the music still gets me though.
>>
Emerald and Crystal. I had no idea you could go back to Kanto in Crystal and it blew my mind. Also the music was great. Emerald because I just loved hoenn.

If we're talking more recent nostalgia I had so much fun with platinum and HGSS
>>
>>31755979
I was 9 when those games came out in Japan and I'm turning 20 next month, bitch. Open your eyes and realize that Gen 4 was 10 years ago.
>>
>>31750648
gen 4 mostly because thats when everyone in middle school was playing it and if you didn't have a ds with pokemon you weren't shit so literally everyone was battling and trading and talking about it and just having a great time. and the new wireless capabilities of the ds really innovated pokemon moreso than anything else nintendo has done recently. miss those days. my friend group as a whole essentially skipped gen 5 which is a shame cause somehow that ended up as the one I put the most hours in but now that we're all older and have money we played gen 6 and now gen 7 together
>>
File: 1481229589867.jpg (13KB, 271x271px) Image search: [Google]
1481229589867.jpg
13KB, 271x271px
>Gen 2 music
>>
>>31750648
Started with Gen 1 but I barely remember anything about it since I was so small at the time.
Some parts of Gen 2 makes me a bit nostalgic but I also don't have many vivid memories of playing it, while just hearing any music from Gen 3 takes me back.
R/S/E were the pokemon games I've played the most and they're also the last ones I did before I stopped playing anything pokemon related until I came back recently for Sun and Moon
>>
>>31750648
3, I started with 1 but there's nothing comfier than Hoenn's secret bases, the cries of Pokemon as you walk through the routes, the fantastic attack animations. It was a big deal for me when ORAS brought back Secret Bases.
>>
Everything about gen 3. Like hoooooly shit
>>
>>31756533
my fucking nigga

all these years and it's still the best

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t-UUtff_ZTQ
>>
Started with Red but Gen II is my most nostalgic because Pokémania was in full force and we had all the fun of slowly leaking information for the first time ever. It's still fun now but I'll never be 12 again, will I? Well, outside of shitposting, obviously.
>>
>>31750648
Any gen 1-4 game really, except for maybe FRLG (I don't know why)

My first game was Blue by the way.
>>
>barely anyone is nostalgic for gen 1
>>
>>31757700
people would probably be more nostalgic if they didn't beat kanto over our heads these past few years

at this point i'd be perfectly okay if they did a mainline entry with absolutely 0 gen 1 mons in it
Thread posts: 63
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.