[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Abilities

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 3

File: Darmanitan_(daruma).png (118KB, 698x644px) Image search: [Google]
Darmanitan_(daruma).png
118KB, 698x644px
Which are the best and the worst?
>>
>>31750469
Truant is the worst, because even Run Away and Illuminate do SOMETHING, even if that something is outside of battle

The best is debatable, since that depends on the Pokemon themselves, but we can definitely rule out things like Big Pecks or Keen Eye
>>
The best ability is Shadow Tag.
>>
>>31750469
>Worst*: Emergency Exit, Slow Start, Defeatist, Stall, Klutz, Normalize
>Best: Huge Power, Pure Power, Filter, Unaware, Magic Bounce, Prankster, Regenerator, Levitate, Speed Boost, Hard Rock, Thick Fat, Intimidate, any absorb ability (Volt Absorb, Storm Drain, etc.)

*Some of the ones labeled Worst still have some use as they can either be Skill Swapped/Traced onto target Pokemon in some cases or, in the case of Klutz, were meant to be used in a certain Strategy.

Also, note that there are some abilities that are so sub-par that they might as well be not used at all (Tangled Feed, Illuminate, Run Away, Pick Up, Keen Eye, etc).
>>
>>31750469
>Best
Probably Wonderguard. It's a great ability in a vacuum, but it's balanced by being on Shedinja.

>Worst
There are plenty of hindering abilities, like Slow Start or Defeatist. Truant is probably the worst in my opinion.
>>
Emergency Exit and Wimp Out are pretty fucking terrible, but I guess they're not completely worthless.
>>
>>31750556
>listing Emergency Exit when Truant exists
what are you smoking
>>
>>31750469
Leaf Guard is shit.
>>
>>31750469
Best: Prankster, Huge Power, Pure Power, Intimidate, Fur Coat, Dryskin, Wonder Guard, Simple, Unaware

Abilities I like but know arent that great: Anticipation, Frisk,

Shit Abilities: Normalize, Slow Start, Truant
>>
>>31750577
at least it does something beneficial
>>
>>31750556
Protean, -ates, funaware, and trapping abilities as well.
>>
>>31750508
Truant really needs to make the user always use Slack Off every other turn, rather than outright fucking skipping it
>>
>>31750590
You're more likely to benefit from Overgrow than Leaf Guard, it's a waste of an ability for such a situational thing
>>
>>31750614
True

but it's still better than things like Truant
>>
>>31750469
I'm well aware stuff like truant and slow start are the worst, but an honorable mention had to go to
>blaze
>overgrow
>torrent
As the worst fucking abilities. I know they're positive only but not only are they complete fucking shit all of the time, they stop gamefreak even fucking thinking about interesting abilities for starters- pokemon they always make somewhat interesting in design and movepool- and starters are just given any old shit for hidden abilities, from wank like long reach to amazing stuff like speed boost and protean. Jesus Christ I wish they would remove the three abilities above from the game and put in decent stuff, as well as the hidden abilities, which should have some modicum of balance.
>>
>worst: truant, slow start.
>best: magic bounce, and I like a lot Own tempo
>>
File: you mk 2.png (153KB, 290x290px) Image search: [Google]
you mk 2.png
153KB, 290x290px
>>31750603
The entire point is to delay the user from being able to attack or recover to give something else a chance
>>
my fav has always been contrary and always will be.
>>
>>31750687
Right, because you need "a chance" against regigigas with no ability, right?
And slaking, who's admittedly very strong, basically has all his stats HALVED and that gives others "a chance"? They're absolute fucking SHIT, and regigigas wouldn't even be that bloody powerful if it had no ability at all.
>>
>>31750715
Unfortunately, that's the point. They specifically made Truant and Slow Start for Slaking and Regigigas respectively for the purpose of making them less threatening, but they took things WAY too far, which is a real big shame.

Slaking and Regigigas need better abilities.
>>
>>31750730
I say we could do this:

>Truant:What has already been said: make it use Slack Off on the loafing around turns

>Slow Start: Make it last 3 turns, or have Reggie come out at -6 all stats and gain +1 every turn.
>>
>>31750715
>Regigigas wouldn't even be that bloody powerful if it had no ability at all.

>110/110/110 bulk
>160 base attack
>100 speed
What?
>>
>>31750469
Defeatist is the absolut Best
>>
>>31750781
not that anon, but even if it was overpowered so what? it's a legendary pokemon, they're not meant to be on the same level as regular pokemon. Regigas is the master of a trio, it should be powerful.
>>
Truant is objectively the worst. Normalize gets a mention because it doesn't really have a reason to exist, it's not like Delcatty's particularly normal or anything. At least it got buffed.

Best ability is Shadow Tag, but Protean gets a mention for being interesting and potentially useful on a wide variety of things.
>>
>>31750469
Worst non-nerfing ability is probably honey gather
>>
>>31750469
>Which are the best
Technician
> and the worst?
Technician
>>
>>31751175
>80 BP bullet punch
If only fucking Lele didn't cuck priority
>>
>>31750603
Yeah, I think it should allow moves such as Rest, Slack Off, Yawn and the like to work.

Heck, maybe have the ability ignored altogether each time the fucker uses Sleep Talk.
>>
File: tumblr_li2ddpYGGJ1qfk90io1_1280.jpg (123KB, 500x600px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_li2ddpYGGJ1qfk90io1_1280.jpg
123KB, 500x600px
>>31750556
Kind of dumb that Dodrio is the only pokemon that can take advantage of Tangled Feet due to learning thrash.

I think it's be kind of cool to make a pokemon built around the ability, like a bulky dragon type with thrash and outrage, so it could induce confusion on itself and become impossible to hit, while also simply being able to take his that other tangled feet users cannot, because they're all frail as fuck.
>>
>>31750677
but the elemental monkeys need them
>>
>>31750469
TRUANT IS GOOD
it's the only saving grace of durant
>>
>>31752019
>implying hone claws + hustle isn't solid

entrainment is a meme
>>
>>31750565

I'd say slow start is worse than truant. At least truant can still allow you to hit and run, slow start lets the opponent just set up for 5 turns
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.