[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Gen 3 Hacks

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: LRytPXC.png (9KB, 339x328px) Image search: [Google]
LRytPXC.png
9KB, 339x328px
So... is there a good Gen 3 hack with 802 monsters in it? Or 721... a randomizer would be amazing, just something to add variety.

No dumb new regions or plots, pls
>>
>>31747166
try https://www.pokecommunity.com/forumdisplay.php?f=204
>>
>>31747181
can't find anything that looks good there... recs?

clearly rom bases exist for this
>>
Pokemon Theta Emerald but it only has Pokemon up to Gen 6
>>
File: 1421637491445.jpg (67KB, 500x542px) Image search: [Google]
1421637491445.jpg
67KB, 500x542px
>>31747166
>So... is there a good Gen 3 hack with 802 monsters in it?
Why don't people understand how terrible an idea this is? Did you not play XY, the game that had like 14 Pokémon on every route without overlap? Your wish game would have to have double that. And how would you deal with the game having 50+ Legendaries, especially with your "no new plots" rule?

The game would suffer greatly from having so many Pokémon.
>>
>>31747457
>Why don't people understand how terrible an idea this is? Did you not play XY, the game that had like 14 Pokémon on every route without overlap?

run nuzlocke or randomizer

>And how would you deal with the game having 50+ Legendaries, especially with your "no new plots" rule?

ignore legendaries!
>>
>>31747457
>he doesn't like having a shitload of pokemon on every route
>>
File: 1486791856257.jpg (19KB, 540x489px) Image search: [Google]
1486791856257.jpg
19KB, 540x489px
>>31747457
>Doesn't know about theta emerald and how it pulled it off.
>>
>>31747512
I like having variety between routes, but there's a limit regarding how many 'mons you can fit before the entire region becomes a clusterfuck without cohesion. The amount of Pokémon you're able to catch in a game shouldn't exceed the range BW2 and SM have.

Though, judging by >>31747472 saying it should be played via randomizer I don't think he has the same values in wild Pokémon spread that I do.

>>31747554
I admittedly never played the hack. Does it do something special to keep the average route distribution balanced?
>>
>>31747588
>wild should be like SM

So you want yungoos and wingull everywhere?
>>
>>31747588
Think of it as a gen 3 OR/AS.
>>
>>31747619
So you only start getting giant route distributions in postgame, and it's fairly normal when you play through the story?

If so, that could actually work. I'll have to try the hack and judge for myself some time.

>>31747615
Well let's not take it exactly like SM in that regard, but I do think at least a third of the Pokémon on one route should appear on adjacent routes as a guideline. It can be broken occasionally, especially if you want to cement one part of the region as being especially different (like the sandstorm route in Hoenn being completely different than its adjacent ones in wild Pokémon). It helps keep the region consistent and helps things stick in your mind where things are abnormal or where Pokémon suddenly start appearing. I can remember clearly that Absol is found in the area between Fortree and Lilycove because it's one of the only unique Pokémon in that area. If you put a gun to my head and told me to tell you where I can find, say, Minun in XY, I couldn't do it, even though I know it's in its regional Dex.
>>
>>31747588
>Though, judging by >>31747472 (You) saying it should be played via randomizer I don't think he has the same values in wild Pokémon spread that I do.

maybe. i just want a nice 'remix' of the game, where i can see like klink next to poochyena or whatever, not something out of control

ie a 1-to-1 swap between monsters of similar power would be very nice
>>
>>31747714
Theta Emerald EX is pretty good, I managed to finish the battle frontier on it. However, the frontier has some annoying bugs in it, keep save states handy if you're going there.

Nameless Fire Red is another good 721 hack. I haven't finished playing it, but I hear that it has less bugs than even Theta.
>>
>>31747811
>Nameless Fire Red
ooh this looks nice
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.