[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why does the postgame get worse every gen?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 10

File: 1a random.png (744KB, 800x485px) Image search: [Google]
1a random.png
744KB, 800x485px
>battle maison was shit
>battle tree is shit
Can we just get this back? Each facility has its own unique spin on things, so if you don't like the battle tower maybe you'll enjoy one of the others. My personal favorites were the battle factory and the battle hall.
Maybe instead of giving people only this one thing to do postgame just give them an entire island to explore. I don't paticularly like DPP but that is the one thing they did absolutely right. GF need to step up their game or people will lose their interest in the games faster than SM.
>>
File: 1475026557304.gif (124KB, 477x320px) Image search: [Google]
1475026557304.gif
124KB, 477x320px
>We'll never ever get the Battle Frontier again
It hurts. Like a dagger to the heart.
>>
>Mt. Battle will never come back

Think of it like this, there's nowhere good to grind in the postgame, battle facilities force you to use specific teams to get far, all that shit. Mt Battle wasn't like that, was way better than Tower clones

>play in one mode for exp grinding and getting BP, albeit slower than the other mode due to being easier
>play in harder mode for more bp, more competitive, get a continue every time you win a fight without a mon fainting
>get checkpoints every 10 fights
>>
File: 1461572599510.png (87KB, 313x109px) Image search: [Google]
1461572599510.png
87KB, 313x109px
>>31745362
They stopped trying, because they realized they make more money when they try less, saving developer costs but not affecting sales. Some directors like Morimoto and Unno seemed to care, which is why HGSS and BW2 were the last great games, but they won't put either of those people in charge anymore. Ohmori is just Masuda-lite, slightly better than Masuda regarding bringing back old features (just judging from SM's minor, appreciated Gen 4 pandering and scrapped following Pokémon features) but with the same flawed attitude of "older fans are not our primary demographic so we shouldn't bother looking at what they like about the series" that people like Morimoto and Unno didn't have.
>>
>>31746286
Who directed which game? I want to know who's responsible for Platinum, HGSS and BW2.
>>
>>31746325
>Satoshi Tajiri: RGBY, GSC
>Junichi Masuda: RS, DP, BW, XY
>Shigeki Morimoto: Emerald, HGSS
>Takao Unno: BW2
>Takeshi Kawachimaru: Platinum
>Shigeru Ohmori: ORAS, SM
>>
>>31746384
Oh, and Masuda also directed FRLG, realized I left that out.
>>
File: 1466023986077.jpg (598KB, 1262x2220px) Image search: [Google]
1466023986077.jpg
598KB, 1262x2220px
>>31746325
>>
>>31745362
>battle tree is shit
it ain't tho
also where does this ''pokemon games must be infinite in content'' meme come from?
>>
File: blacktower_battle.jpg (20KB, 300x225px) Image search: [Google]
blacktower_battle.jpg
20KB, 300x225px
All i want is something similar to the Black Tower/White Tree with the ability to built your own dungeons and share it with other people online, Mario Maker style
>>
File: 1483388530002.jpg (14KB, 250x249px) Image search: [Google]
1483388530002.jpg
14KB, 250x249px
Gen 1
>what postgame?
Gen 2
>Kanto
>Red
>Battle Tower
>Ho-oh and Lugia in all three versions
Gen 3
>Battle Frontier
>Groudon and Kyogre
>Lati@s
>Steven
>Gym Leader rematches
>Desert Underpass
>SS Tidal
Gen 4 (haven't played Platinum in a while so bear with me)
>slightly smaller Battle Frontier
>Battleground + Gym Leader rematches
Gen 5
>Sages
>Battle Subway (basically a glorified Tower)
>postgame towns + Cynthia
>Kyurem
>Black Tower/White Treehollow
>Memory Link (B2W2)
>PWT (B2W2)
Gen 6
>Maison (another Tower clone)
>Looker quest
>Zygarde, Mewtwo, and the Kanto Bird(s)
Gen 7
>Battle Tree (ANOTHER Tower clone)
>UBs
>Eevee sidequest

To me it looks like Gen 4 is where the post-game content started to fall off. Gen 5 was a bit of a resurgence, but then it went back again in the following games.
>>
>>31746492
ya forgot regis @ gen 3
>>
File: 1484625518267.jpg (29KB, 425x348px) Image search: [Google]
1484625518267.jpg
29KB, 425x348px
>>31746397
>Masuda directed most games
>none of them have good endgame
>>
>>31746564
>FRLG is the only Masuda directed game that isn't awful/hasn't been replaced by its third version or sequel
really makes you think
>>
>>31746412
>explore the rest of the region
>catch legendaries
>black tower/white tree
>PWT
>battle subway
>pokestar studios
>dropped item sidequest

why will we never have a post game as good as BW2 again?
>>
>>31746397
I had never heard of the Pt guy and the BW2 guy.
>>
Post things you'd like to see post-game in a new Pokemon game
>>
>>31746611

GF is staffed by autists who don't like being in the spotlight so we meet very few of them.

Hell, Tajiri is a legit autist so he never appears for public stuff.
>>
File: 0e9.jpg (27KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
0e9.jpg
27KB, 600x600px
>>31746666
Battle Tower
>>
>>31746666
Boss Rush mode
Trainer rematches
New areas to explore
More Pokemon to catch
New or returning characters
>>
>>31746666
Remove Tower clones, replace with superior Mt mattle
>>
>>31746666
Okay Satan, here I go.
required:
>gym leader rematches
>rematches for literally any somewhat important character
>A lot of new or previously inaccesible areas. Make them big, interesting, fun to explore and filled with strong trainers
>battle facilities DPP or PWT style
>more legendaries to catch, but make a good amount of them hard to get like the regis
optional:
>Something like the Eevee quest, except less hints for the people's locations. Make them harder to find and maybe more than just seven trainers.
>fetch quest (UBs and such)
>>
>>31745362
>worse
?
Maison and Tree are both better than Gen 4 and 5 battle facilities. In gen 5's case, it's a strict upgrade. In gen 4's case, you miss out on some gimmick modes 4 had but gain vastly increased functionality in 6 and 7.

Only Emerald's frontier was remarkably more robust than the current setup, and even then the Tree has numerous advantages over it.
>>
>>31746384
well then we need morimoto and unno to direct every game
>>
>>31745362
I just want people to admit they didn't even complete these.

You can wish what you want: just don't lie. People who actually get the symbols are a super minority. Many want them in the game just to have them in the game, play them 4 or 5 times, then forget about it.
>>
>>31746914
"complete" doesn't matter. playing it matters. people want to play until they're sick of it, the more people who can keep playing without hitting a barrier where there simply isn't anything good left to play, the better
>>
>>31746881
>wanting to spend days getting a good amount of wins while constantly being cheated against by a fucking cpu and losing everything at once
What? There is literally nothing fun about the battle tree. Nothing at all. It's annoying, it's frustrating, it gets boring fast and it's repetitive as well, and this is coming from someone who spends his postgame time in SM running around in a circle to receive differently colored shitmons for collector purposes because there is literally nothing else to do.
>>
>>31746904
>well then we need kawashimaru and unno to direct every game
FTFY.Platinum fixed D/P,but HGSS didn't fix the worst G/S flaws.
>>
Well given the majority of newer players complete the story, maybe one postgame quest, and are done, it'll remain that way. It's catered to new people, they don't care about the people who would rather play emerald on an emulator. Most of the "postgame" is online battles and trading now, something that is dead in older titles or not possible (gen 3 and prior).
>>
>>31746854
>gym leader rematches
Why the fuck is that not a staple in the franchise? That was one of the coolest things about HGSS postgame
>>
>>31747071
Emerald did them first though.
>>
>>31746959
So you agree with me? That they just want them "because"?
The same people that complain about the Maison, and don't play that either?
>>
>>31746492
>DPP
>not mentioning Pokeradar
>swarms
>more Pokémon in trophy garden and safari zone
>Entire Battle Island to explore with new Pokéman
You could really catch 'em all postgame besides exclusives, starters and most legendaries. The latter two were available in HGSS

The Battle Island itself was quite large for postgame.
>>
>>31746492
you are stupid
>>
>>31746666
More sidequests
>>
I only really miss Pokestar studios and the guaranteed shiny prizes for dex completion and tower/tree completion. And maybe Join Avenue, although the discount version is passable enough.

Never really cared for the frontier.
>>
>>31745362
>tfw GF doesn't need to try anymore as Pokemon games sell based on craze and fan following alone

Only when the Pokemon craze dies down will GF have to actually pull their finger out and make wholesome games again.
>>
>>31746666

Inverse battle facility.
>>
File: 1486826649149.jpg (111KB, 800x558px) Image search: [Google]
1486826649149.jpg
111KB, 800x558px
>>31745362
>>
>>31746397
I cant believe kojima made ORAS
>>
>>31746492
>gen1 post game
glitching the fuck out of it until you have to restart

>>31746666
>download trainers like the ones in gen 4
>battle tower full of them
>sorted either by strongest,random or unique

>rental online battles

>randomized stats, attacks,abilities,items

>catch quests

>randomized dungeons with traps and trainers
>>
>>31746666
An anime like Battle Frontier, where all facilities are spread around a big post-game island with plenty of exploration.
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.