[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Gen 8. Game Freak announces they will make Normal type Super

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: _4305580.png (9KB, 501x195px) Image search: [Google]
_4305580.png
9KB, 501x195px
Gen 8. Game Freak announces they will make Normal type Super Effective against something. There is no way around this.
What type do you think they SHOULD make it SE against (and what type do you think they WOULD make it SE against)?
>>
>>31743367
Fairy.
But they'd probably make it strong against Bug or Grass.
>>
Electric. Only reason it doesn't have a second weakness is being mascot type.
>>
Fairy
>>
>>31743384
Nvm, didn't read the full question. They'd make it strong against bug.
>>
>>31743367
Make it super-effective against Fairies, under the rationale that as being completely normal, they can more easily pierce through Fairies' whimiscal tricks and other defenses.

Just be sure to keep Fairy attacks against Normal types at normal effectiveness. Hopefully that would shut up everyone who says that the Fairy type needs a nerf.
>>
>>31743367
>What should happen
Fairy
>What will happen
Ice/Bug/Grass
>>
>>31743399
There's also the whole "Humanity is strong" thing that human characters promote in fantasy settings.
>>
It should be fairy because fairy is almost like Magic, and normality, reality, is the most different thing from magic.
>>
Normal should've been immune to fairy. If normal doesn't believe in ghosts, then they shouldn't believe in fairys either. I could argue dragons as well, but there are dragons(lizards) that exist irl.
>>
>>31743367
>What I think they should make it strong against
Fairy. I like fairies but I'd find it amusing if they were weak to normal. Plus part steel/rock/ghost fairies would become more meaningful.

>What I think they would make it strong against
Itself. This is gamefreak, they'll find a way to blow it, and that way is making normal SE on normal
>>
Dragon would make the most sense:
>both are "non-elemental" types
>the everyday guy nobody expected ends up becoming a hero and slaying the dragon
>Normal has a lot of mammals and mammals replaced reptiles as the dominant vertebrates
But now that would make Dragon a shitty type without a buff to go with it.
>>31743430
Normal is immune to Ghost because ghosts phase through matter, and Normies have less "elemental energy" for the ghost to attack.
>>
>>31743367
What if GF made it so that Normal is no longer resisted by Rock and Steel, and no longer takes SE damage from Fighting (immunities still apply)? How would the metagame change?
>>
>>31743411
but then it should be se against dragon too
>>
IMO the entire point of normal types is not to be Se against anything and to be the most videspread attacking type. Buffing Normal attacks would buff other types, not just normals.

I would give Normal types more resistances and immunities though.
>>
>>31743502
>Garchomp used Trash
>opponent fainted
it would be same cancer as dragon was before gen6.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.