[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Lillie wants to show you something /vp/!

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 5

File: Picture_20170128_013620452.jpg (750KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Picture_20170128_013620452.jpg
750KB, 1920x1080px
Lillie wants to show you something /vp/!
>>
>>31735074
>DP
Yes
>Pt
No
>>
>>31735074
Well, I just finished a playthrough of them, and I didn't grow up with Gen IV and I found them pretty cool. I loved Platinum's winter theme and the snow and what not, and the music kicked ass. Fuck off with your unoriginal shitposting.
>>
>>31735093
/thread
It's simply incredible how much Platinum fixed.
Shame we'll never get something like it for Kalos or Alola.
>>
>>31735074
What? They were awesome! What you talking about, Lillie? Am I going to have to spank you again?
>>
>>31735105
I unironically dropped the series during DP

Eventually picked back up Platinum after XY and it's great. Just a good and solid Pokemon game, no real flaws outside of speed. it's not that bad unless you run leftovers or are in weather
>>
>>31735093
THIS
>>
File: Shrek.jpg (137KB, 2048x1152px) Image search: [Google]
Shrek.jpg
137KB, 2048x1152px
>>31735074
>implying that "Blank Slate: the character" could be right about anything
>>
>>31735074
The Same reason why people bought SM the 20th anniversary games, oras was Ok at least
>>
>Lillie being wrong and useless as usual
The only reason she doesn't like DPPt is because she isn't the main character in those games. I wouldn't be surprised if she managed to squirm her way into the remakes.
>>
>>31735093
a polished turd is still a turd
>>
I guess they should have made them on rail press A and hold forward to win games
>>
>>31735174
It's not a polished turn, they removed the cancerous organs and gave it a good amount of medicine
>>
>>31735174
If you open up a geode you can see the gems that are hidden inside.
>>
>>31735093
>likes slow-ass battles and spending 20 minutes surfing to one place

Also, fuck you. Winter Dawn is bae.
>>
>>31735308
Or smashed Geodude guts
>>
>>31735327
>complements Platinum
>Fuck you. I like Platinum

What did he mean by this
>>
>>31735093
>>31735104
>>31735290
it didn't fix Team Galactic being boring and uninspired as hell, it barely fixed the slowness, it didn't fix the lifeless characters, it didn't fix the ridiculois HM usage, and it didn't fix the badly designed region.

need I continue?
>>
>>31735341
Geodude guts are probably gems.
>>
>>31735347
It actually did fix Team Galactic a bit actually

So I'm not going to bother reading the rest of your post, now be on your way with this (You)
>>
>>31735105
>It's simply incredible how much Platinum fixed.
this desu. Pt is inarguably a good pokemon game, and anyone who disagrees is just being a contrarian.
>>
File: 0446.jpg (29KB, 260x243px) Image search: [Google]
0446.jpg
29KB, 260x243px
>>31735074
But I didn't play gen 4 until a week before gen 6 was announced...
>>
>>31735347
>it didn't fix Team Galactic being boring and uninspired as hell
>it didn't fix the lifeless characters
Like every evil team and every pokemon side character then. Platinum at least had a kickass climax

>it didn't fix the ridiculois HM usage
So like every pre gen 5 game then

>and it didn't fix the badly designed region
matter of opinion
>>
>>31735411
>Like every evil team and every pokemon side character then.

BW and SM's were actually good

>So like every pre gen 5 game then
It didn't fix. It made it WORSE. Like a LOT worse

>matter of opinion
>liking a region that is 80% rock

The only reason why I like platinum is because XY, ORAS and SM were so fucking bad, that I started to appreciate the alternatives a bit more
>>
>own Diamond and Pearl
>never bought Platinum

Thinking about giving it a try. Can anyone sum up what makes it better? I never personally had any huge problems with the originals.
>>
>>31735450
If you didn't have problems with DP you'll love Plat
>>
>>31735450
Faster surfing speed, better regional dex, better teams for Gym Leaders/E4, very decent amount of post-game content, slightly tweaked story to make Team Galactic a little less shit, etc

Also, this is the game that introduced Looker.
>>
File: Pokémonsprite_034_XY.gif (184KB, 105x83px) Image search: [Google]
Pokémonsprite_034_XY.gif
184KB, 105x83px
always these shitty hate threads.
we should unite and focus our hate on 3D models
>>
>>31735450
-60 Pokémon added to Sinnoh dex, now including all gen4 evolutions.
-Tougher difficulty, opponents have better teams
-Battle Frontier, the same as in HGSS
animated backsprites, the same as in HGSS
-rematchable gym leaders, E4 improves teams if rematched.
-not as slow as DP but still kinda slow
-plot is better but still kinda uninspired
Those are the mean improvements for me. I'd say DP are amongst the worst in the series while Platinum is my overall favourite.

Also European version does not have Game Corner.
>>
>>31735588
Nah I like them a lot. gen 2 and gen 4 sprites are better though.
>>
>>31735588
Its not that I hate the models. I just hate the textures.
>>
>>31735450
For what it's worth, /nuzgen/ considers Platinum the hardest game in the franchise after BW2 Challenge Mode.
>>
if you have nostalgia over DPPt you are too young and the board would be improved if you left

>there are actually people here who didn't discover 4chan before this decade
>>
File: pls.jpg (251KB, 510x680px) Image search: [Google]
pls.jpg
251KB, 510x680px
>>31735074
Here's the door faggot. Use it.
>>
>>31735667
I don't hate them all either,whimsicott,porygon z and yanmega work great in 3D but aerodactyl and most other fug types suck

>>31735698
fedora poster
>>
>>31735347
Eight HMs is just as bad as five HMs because you still need two Pokémon to have everything. In DP, you can use Aerodactyl and Kabutops for complete coverage and in Platinum, you can use Tropius and Gyarados. But it doesn't change the fact that you need two Pokémon either way in every game until Sun and Moon to have all HMs.

Team Galactic boring? They were working for an insane autistic man with a God complex who wanted to end all strife by destroying and recreating the universe in his image (they didn't realize the full extent of his plans). Team Aqua and Magma were both equally retarded and I don't think anyone can defend them.

The region is one of the best designed in the entire series, being more diverse than Kanto, larger than Johto, not half water like Hoenn, and not totally railroaded like BW Unova, Kalos, and Alola.

Slowness is a thoughtless answer and it doesn't mean the game is designed bad. Saving a lot of data, the frame rate, and DP's surfing speed aside, the game design is pretty great unless you have ADD.

Lifeless characters? You mean like Flannery, Winona, Glacia, Tate, and Liza? Have you gone back and looked at their dialogue? They're very boring and never relevant past the five minutes you're in their Gym. Most Gen IV characters appear outside their Gyms and actually have personality.
>>
>>31735782
The problem is that fug pokemon awkwardly hoover in the air even when they shouldn't.

The 3D models in Stadium and the gamecube games solved this perfectly. Swellow for example just sits on his ass until it attacks and then it starts to fly.

Also, the gamecube models had way better animations. Have you ever seen Slaking use Earthquake in Colosseum? It's look radical.
>>
>>31735792
>Eight HMs is just as bad as five HMs because you still need two Pokémon to have everything

While this is technically true moves like Surf and Fly are decent enough combat moves that you don't need a dedicated HM bitch for them. So 5 HMs means one HM slave and one extra move to go on the rest of your team.
>>
>>31735812
Waterfall is also a great move, even competitively viable. Rock Climb is good in-game move that's 90 BP and can confuse the target (85 acc is passable, but not great). Gen4 Defog is indefensible, but none more so than Cut, Whirlpool or Dive.
>>
>>31735698
I was born in 94 and I started with Gen II in 2000, though I had wanted to play Gen I before that and have in the years since. I was extremely hyped for Ruby and Sapphire as a kid, and fairly excited for Diamond and Pearl. But I found that in the years following, Gen IV made far more of an impact on me and I began questioning a lot of the design decisions behind Hoenn. I realized there was a significant amount of "that part" whenever I thought of playing the game (you know, the parts that make you question whether you want to play it or not). I remember being disappointed with Emerald's climax as well because it seemed thrown together and lazy. I was pretty hyped for BW back in 2010 around the time /vp/ started, but I would call them a downgrade to even Diamond and Pearl (which I never got the hate for because other games have had massive flaws which were never improved upon). Slow surfing really isn't a huge deal when you have very few water routes. While the lack of Fire types in the Sinnoh Pokédex is literally Ponyta if you didn't go with Chimchar, the amount of Pokémon available post-game is in the 450 range without Pal Park. You'd think that playing Gen III in my more formative years of my childhood would make me more nostalgic for it, but I'm really not.
>>
>>31735914
I mean to be fair defog isnt mandatory
>>
>>31735943
I was born in 93, and had a similar experience to you. I was incredibly hyped for Diamond/Pearl, but it absolutely killed my interest in the series. If it wasn't for a bunch of my friends buying Black/White, I wouldn't have come back to the series at all
>>
>>31735074
I replayed Pearl just after finishing Moon. You're right, it's just nostalgia. With fresh eyes, it was complete shit.
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.