[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you prefer the Tapus or the Ultra Beasts?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 12

File: ubtapu.jpg (167KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
ubtapu.jpg
167KB, 1280x720px
Do you prefer the Tapus or the Ultra Beasts?
>>
>>31734989
Ultra beasts. They at least have SOME cool looking designs. The tapus all look like shit
>>
>>31734989
Mechanically I prefer the Tapus because I think they add a lot of depth to teambuilding since you have to think about how they synergize with the rest of your team instead of just slapping them in there mindlessly like you can with genies (or Koko, that one's the exception.)
Lorewise I prefer the UBs, and for the most part I also like their designs better. GF did a good job making them look weird and alien.
>>
The Ultra Beasts allow the developers to use really outlandish concepts; by comparison, regular legendaries have to stick to a "theme" or roughly parallel real-world mythology in the real-world region.

Ultra Beasts end up being much more fun. To be honest, they shouldn't have gone as far as using Beast Boost and just given them proper abilities, but whatever, they're stronger this way.
>>
>>31734989
I know Koko was probably the victor but that scene always makes it look like it's about to eat shit into buzzwole fist
>>
File: 1480226808396.jpg (292KB, 909x818px) Image search: [Google]
1480226808396.jpg
292KB, 909x818px
>>31735029
>Hating based Tapu Koko
>Liking the alien invaders
>>
>>31735086
Stories in pokemon games are lame
>>
File: 1483637591119.png (739KB, 704x717px) Image search: [Google]
1483637591119.png
739KB, 704x717px
>>31734989
Ultra Beasts by far. I don't really like the tapu much tbqh lad.
>>
>>31735076
>Mechanically I prefer the Tapus because I think they add a lot of depth to teambuilding
See I see where you're coming from Anon but I actually feel they're bad because of this point - they're SO GOOD at doing what they do (setting up terrain, cockblocking Dragon types, just generally being very good at one element) that you practically HAVE to use one. It has centralized the metagame. Yes, there are four flavours, but either way, you're using a Tapu. Even in weather wars there was a myriad of types of weather and different setters to choose from. I like how mechanically good they are, but they're a little TOO good to the point that anything else that doesn't auto-set either terrain or weather is a shitmon.
>>
UBs. tapus are fucking assholes in the lore
>>
>>31735124
This. I'm having a stupidly hard time trying to justify not using tapu bulu
>>
>>
File: ultrabeasts.jpg (139KB, 737x545px) Image search: [Google]
ultrabeasts.jpg
139KB, 737x545px
>>31734989
The UBs are fucking awesome m8.
Muscleman posing mosquito filled with steriod juice? Yes please.
Hyperspeed kickroach? Aye
Giant bamboo rocket princess? Yes
1 mirrion time folded paper cut? Absolutely
Glowing wire tentacled light octopus? Wonderful
Mind devouring glass jellyfish hat? Beautiful, almost drives me to obsession
All-consuming dragon mouth with a tongue that has extra mouths? Oh yes
>>
>>31735135
>tapus are fucking assholes
No they fucking aren't, people are just fucking retards who think that everything needs to bend to their whims."HURR DURR IMMA BUILD A WAL MART ON THIS SACRED LAND." And before you bring up Lele, one, there is no malicious intent on Lele's part and two, if people know the consequences of too many scales, then they can just leave. It's just as much the person's fault for bathing in the scales as it is Lele's for dispersing them you dumb shit.
>>
File: xcom-2-loading-screen.jpg (548KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
xcom-2-loading-screen.jpg
548KB, 1920x1080px
>>31735029
>>31735086
Advent agrees with the first anon.
>>
>>31735189
>supporting niggers/natives of any kind
>2017
>>
>>31735178
UB's are all awfully designed monstrosities and GF should feel bad for making them
>>
Ultra Beasts by far. I hope we get more of them either by new forms or just new Beasts, and maybe make them a bit more Eldritch Horror in design.
>>
>>31735228
>t. tapu koko
>>
>>31735189
Does it make you mad knowing that we enslave the tapus, force them to battle to the death, and/or put them in a tiny cramped box like they are a discarded toy?
>>
>>31735189
>And before you bring up Lele, one, there is no malicious intent on Lele's part
>>
>>31734989
Tapus. Ultra beasts don't look like pokes even though theyre not suppose to
>>
File: 1485018876065.png (288KB, 357x517px) Image search: [Google]
1485018876065.png
288KB, 357x517px
>>31734989
Competitively the ultra beasts have their glaring weaknesses (except maybe Celesteela) the Tapus however are a major blow to the competitive scene not having one puts you at serious disadvantage because these terrain wars

Design wise i love the ultra beasts there alien and they look it and its pretty rad meh I guess im ok with the Tapus, Lele is pretty cute they certainly arnt the travesty that where the genies
>>
File: 1477342174723.png (671KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1477342174723.png
671KB, 1000x1000px
Ultra Beasts are the best. Fuck you Tapu Koko
>>
Tapus, hands down.

Both the Ultra Baasts and the Tapus are meant to be competitively used pokemon, and I will fully admit to this. But the Tapus fill a role that's in pretty much every generation. They're this region's "Trio" ala the birds, the beasts, the Regis, etc. They fit into Alola incredibly well, and removing them would feel like removing a large aspect of Alola itself.

With Ultra Beasts, it's very.. different. Back when they were first revealed and we didn't know if we could catch them or not, we just thought they were going to be boss pokemon ala the Totems, except they would be made specifically for the bosses. So, yeah, they would be minmaxed anyways, they didn't have to limit themselves in the same way as they did here. They wouldn't have had to restrain themselves to a 570 BST because they wouldn't be catchable, and we would have boss fights with incredibly strong pokemon.

But since they were catchable, Gamefreak had to balance them out with the rest of them, so in the end, they feel a lot more like the Genies of Gen 5. Pokemon that don't really fit in with the region of the game and are just there for competitive usage. Yes, the Tapus are the same, but unlike the Ultra Beasts and the Genies, they fit in with the region and lore they were introduced in. The Ultra Beasts could've been introduced in any other generation and fit in pretty much as well, if they had used pretty much the same story. The only real connection the UBs have is that the boxart pokemon are UBs and they kicked the Tapus' asses centuries ago.
>>
Ultra Beasts. Tapus are ugly.
>>
About ultrabeasts, 2 of them make me uncomfortable, 1 is white jelly molded to look like an hat with hair and 2 also really don't even look like Pokémon.

So, for me is the Tapus.
>>
File: toplel.png (121KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
toplel.png
121KB, 700x700px
>>31736781
>Alomomola has shit taste
I'm not even surprised.
>>
>>31734989
They are both cancer.
>>
>>31734989
>Do you prefer the Tapus or the Ultra Beasts?

Seeing Tapu and UB on nearly every single battlespot team running the same fucking moves has made me despise them.
>>
File: lele embarrassed.png (525KB, 1600x1188px) Image search: [Google]
lele embarrassed.png
525KB, 1600x1188px
Would a team using only UB win against a team using only Tapus?
>>
>>31736771
>the boxart pokemon are UBs and they kicked the Tapus' asses centuries ago.
wasn't it a stalemate?
>>
>>31737459
Considering there's four Tapus and a choice of seven Ultra Beasts, probably the latter.
>>
Tapus are uglier, more obnoxious genies, and highly overcentralizing.
UBs are much more unique looking, especially by Pokemon standards, and fill unique niches rather than centralize.
I'll take the ayy lmaos over the shitty tikis any day of the week.
>>
the rampant anti-Tapuism on /vp/ needs to stop
>>
>>31738059
Why
>>
>>31735124
honestly i only use tapu lele because it's cute in edition to good. If i didn't like it's design i'd use fini and if i didn't like fini i wouldn't use a tapu period. (only reason i don't use both is becuase i also use ribombee and three fairies would be too many imo)
lore/concept wise though i prefer the ultra beasts. i even use one (xurkitree) on my team.
>>
File: guzzle.png (991KB, 1280x1009px) Image search: [Google]
guzzle.png
991KB, 1280x1009px
The Tapus are the best lower legendaries since Hoenn, but you just can't beat canon glitch pokemon. The UBs are a way more interesting addition.
>>
>>31737459
>kill Koko
>send out Celesteela
joj
>>
>>31738078
Because most of the time they're not as bad as people make them out to be or their complaints are based on something subjective.
>>
>>31735228
They should feel bad for making Yokai shit such as Xurkitree and Kartana, the others look great.
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.