[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What stage of grief are you in /vp/?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 10

File: tfwnobf.png (607KB, 840x600px) Image search: [Google]
tfwnobf.png
607KB, 840x600px
What stage of grief are you in /vp/?
>>
>people actually think Ohmori is any good to this franchise
>>
I'm over it. Gen 4 was the last generation worth being sad about, everything since then has been progressively better.

ORAS postgame >>>> muh heatran quest
>>
>>31734321
They'll learn in due time.
>>
>>31734309
Anger.
>>
apathy

i give up. the games are half-assed garbage, but i buy them every time, so i can't say shit
>>
>>31734309
Acceptance
Either that or my depression just represses the additional pain
>>
>>31734455
Same here.
I buy the games because I like the concept of Pokémon as a whole, and also because they just shut down the support for older generations as soon as a new game arrives.
>>
>>31734309
So it's been two months since the release of Sun and Moon. Do you think people would still be doing the Frontier after they've collected the symbols for anything beyond the Factory?
>>
>>31734516
I would be playing until I got everything. Pic related on my emerald save.
>>
>>31734482
They just don't seem to be trying as much anymore. I feel numb.
>>
File: 1486494921449.jpg (51KB, 1024x804px) Image search: [Google]
1486494921449.jpg
51KB, 1024x804px
I didn't care about it in Emerald and I didn't care that it wasn't in ORAS.

Watching you fedoras cry about it was pretty entertaining though.
>>
>>31734366
Hi there!

You seem to have made a bit of a mistake in your post. Luckily, the users of 4chan are always willing to help you clear this problem right up! You appear to have used a tripcode when posting, but your identity has nothing at all to do with the conversation! Whoops! You should always remember to stop using your tripcode when the thread it was used for is gone, unless another one is started! Posting with a tripcode when it isn't necessary is poor form. You should always try to post anonymously, unless your identity is absolutely vital to the post that you're making!

Now, there's no need to thank me - I'm just doing my bit to help you get used to the anonymous image-board culture!
>>
File: hnnnnng.png (289KB, 649x593px) Image search: [Google]
hnnnnng.png
289KB, 649x593px
>>31734309
The most infuriating thing is, I don't even think Masuda was trying to cover his own ass with that bullshit reasoning for not including the BF. I think that's what he actually legitimately believes
>>
>>31734309
I never liked the Battle Frontier so I could care less.
>>
>>31734309
Acceptance
>>
>>31734698
The worst part is that they aren't using that extra dev time to make the gameplay better.
>>
File: spear pillar.jpg (95KB, 540x675px) Image search: [Google]
spear pillar.jpg
95KB, 540x675px
I wonder how many of the apologists for BF not being in the remakes are also complaining about how bad the recent games have gotten.
>>
>>31734731
Probably none.
>>
>>31734731
Probably zero.
The same people who defended the BF not being there are the same people currently defending SM.
>>
>>31734366
Well there's our special snowflake, the pride and joy of this board, who graces us with his identity because of how important and absolutely defining posts are! How are you Jimmy, besides obviously being angry over being single this upcoming St. Valentine's Day?
>>
File: 084.png (74KB, 300x256px) Image search: [Google]
084.png
74KB, 300x256px
>>31734309
>"We cut out content, because nobody has time to play it anyway"
>>
Honestly I'm not even gonna be one of those "It's okay because we have Battle Tree in Gen 7" people because I really don't like either of the "Do nothing but battle trainers for hours" facilities
>>
>>31734309
Acceptance, I have been for a long time. They think kids these days kids will not play this game for more than 10 minutes at a time. Fine, whatever, it is simply holding them back from having the series be what longtime fans always wanted, and that is disappointing, but you get over it, you move on to a better game, and you continue to try to live your life the way you want.
>>
genuine question, why do you need facilities when you have online ladders?
>>
>>31734873
Because not everyone is good at competitive and maybe want something they can play offline with variation to a game they've been playing for 20 years at this point with side rules and challenges
>>
>>31734873
If I want online ladders, then I can just save 40 shekels and play fucking showdown instead. I'll stop complaining about the lack of battle frontier until someone decides to port all the facilities in a similar way.

Also, the games are definitely not 100% focused on online. If they were, then they would allow you to skip the entire fucking storline so that you can, you know, actually start playing online without any barriers.
>>
>>31734746
>The same entitled faggots who whined about the BF not being there are the same people currently whining about SM

ftfy familia
>>
File: masuda-pokémon.jpg (82KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
masuda-pokémon.jpg
82KB, 500x500px
>>31734769
>mfw people keep asking why we're cutting content
>mfw I don't really know
>>
>>31734935
I don't know why I clung onto SM as my last piece of hope during its pre-release period. I should have just noticed that three months of no info after the announcement was a bad omen.
>>
>>31734955
It looked hype as fuck until we got the dex though.
>>
>>31734516
It'd certainly be a more convincing reason to play SM during on-off times.
>>
>>31734516
no, but maybe they would still be trying to get the symbols 3 months in instead of dropping it after a week because the game has no content besides autistically breeding perfect pokemons
>>
>>31734873
>online ladders?

And when the servers shut down?
>>
>>31734769
>we invest a fuckload of time to please a small group of autists
>>
>>31734769
What's with the meme reaction? That's a perfectly valid reason to cut content. No point in wasting resources on something that the majority of your consumer base doesn't care about.
>>
>>31734769
That's a somewhat valid point. I have multiple friends who don't touch the battle facilities and just catch and train.
>>
>>31737013
The entire point of post-game is that it's optional content at the end of the game that is aimed at the people who want more and aren't just going to put the game down straight away. By your logic, Pokemon games might as well just end on a black "The End" screen with no extra content, like SNES and N64 era RPGs do.

Besides, the logic seems flawed in the first place. People will keep playing your game if you keep giving them reasons to play. Masuda is talking as if he's designing a smartphone game, when anybody who owns a 3DS has already made a conscious effort to put a bit more time and money into their hobby instead of just playing Flappy Bird on their memepad. Everybody I've met who plays Pokemon normally clocks 100 hours or over on any given save file, even on the shittier entries in the franchise.

The guy is talking out of his ass. He's come to the conclusion that people play Pokemon games for less time these days but I HIGHLY doubt Game Freak or Nintendo do any kind of thorough analytics on the matter to actually confirm that people are putting less hours into Pokemon than they did in the past, which means he's probably just pulling this shit outta thin-air.
>>
>>31734331
>muh rings
>>
>>31734309
>Battle Frontier cut because busy children wouldn't be bothered
>Battle Tree and Maison with bullshit RNG like opponents hitting 3 consecutive 1-hit KOs, forcing you to restart your challenge put in its place
>>
>>31737599
>People will keep playing your game if you keep giving them reasons to play.
Right...but why do you care if they do, unless they're paying a regular fee or buying the additional content? Most games end after somewhere between fifty and a hundred hours. There's no expectation of infinite play.
>>
>>31734873
>not wanting online PvP facilities
>>
>>31737806
Going the extra mile for your customers is a pretty good way to make them stick around for the next games.
>>
>>31737806
Compare the public reaction between The Witcher 3 and Dragon Age: Inquisition.

One of these games had the global reaction of "I will play everything these guys make forever", while the other made everyone go "I never want to buy a Bioware game ever again".

I know it's easier to shoehorn a project with as little work as possible while hitting the maximum amount of easy demographics, but passion, care and actual effort actually pay off in the long run.
>>
>>31737884
I really wish GF would stop going with the absolute minimum effort required to make a game.
>>
>>31734309
The "didn't care" phase. I am very bitter towards the uncatchable shiny sceptile I encountered in the frontier and it ruined the whole feature for me. I will never miss the frontier.
>>
>>31737155
I dont touch the facilities because they basically require throwing out anything i like about playing pokemon in general
>>
>>31734309
I'm probably the only one who wouldn't have cared if they made the BF as DLC, as long as they just fucking made it
>>
I never really gave that much of a shit besides massive disappointment that the Emerald Frontier wasn't in ORAS. I certainly don't want it shoehorned into regions that aren't Hoenn when it's so iconic for it and the Platinum Frontier was such garbage I'm in no rush to see them try to make a new one.
>>
>>31734309
People who thought it'd be DLC.
>>
I don't care about the battle frontier. At all. Just give me my I interesring routes and HMs back please. Thankyou
>>
Battle Frontier was shit anyway.
>>
>>31742122
filtered
>>
>>31742125
What's the matter, bb? Can't handle facts?
>>
File: 1484667068311.png (143KB, 540x540px) Image search: [Google]
1484667068311.png
143KB, 540x540px
>>31742119

>bring HMs back

For what purpose?
>>
>>31737599
This. I'm not buying a game that costs 45 bucks to get the shovelware user treatment.
inb4 just pirate lol
>>
File: 1481884604268.png (235KB, 512x480px) Image search: [Google]
1481884604268.png
235KB, 512x480px
>>31734309
The abyss.
>>
>>31742158
Not him, but I hate Ride thematically. Should've just had the Pager call your own Pokemon who know HMs from the PC if you don't have a Pokemon that can use them in your party, and have your party Pokemon able to use HMs and TMs with field effects on the field without actually learning it as long as they can learn it and the HM/TM is in your bag. And even though it's good functionally, it's still flawed in that all the other cool on field move effects like Flash, Sweet Scent, and Dig are gone, and everything you Ride controls weird as fuck on the overworld with only Sharpedo being so in a fun matter. Bring back the bike.
>>
>>31742430
>not mentioning the hideous costume and especially the awful, awful music
>>
>>31742430
>cool on field move effects
>Flash
nigger you what
>>
>>31734309
Don't forget the Volcanion event in XY that also teases the Battle Frontier, as well as Sinnoh remakes. Funny thing is, that event was meant to have been hidden from us until right before Sun and Moon's release.
>>
>>31744156
How does it tease the battle frontier? What event are you talking about? I only know about the ORAS interaction in the TV studio.
>>
>>31744242

It mentions Brandon.
Thread posts: 63
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.