[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/heg/ - Hacking and Essentials General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 308
Thread images: 64

File: rocket.png (59KB, 250x245px) Image search: [Google]
rocket.png
59KB, 250x245px
Discord: https://discord.gg/HfWa4Dg
IRC: irc.rizon.net #romhacking

Rom hacking
>Notable romhacks: http://pastebin.com/GfJ9zhqx
>Making a romhack: http://pastebin.com/fjGZfMzP
>Gen 4-6 hack tools: http://pastebin.com/GfJ9zhqx
>Disassemblies: https://github.com/pret/pokered https://github.com/pret/pokecrystal https://github.com/pret/pokeruby

RMXP/Essentials
>Engine: http://pastebin.com/G5PdvaGD
>Wiki: http://pokemonessentials.wikia.com/wiki/Pokémon_Essentials_Wiki
>Tilesets: http://www.mediafire.com/download/sd99pug37y4v4se/Ziddy%27s+DS+Style+Tilesets+RMXP+.rar
>WIP Gen 5 tiles: http://imgur.com/a/CiudS

Places to share fangames:
>http://www.pokecommunity.com/
>http://reliccastle.com/forums/

Topic:
Evil Teams
How are they done right?
Do you like recycled teams or completely original ones?
>>
Is this the injection thread?
>>
>>31731603
maybe
>>
>>31731603
>>31731555
yeah I'll take a tapu bulu with extra leftovers.
uh, and an umbreon with foul play.
That will complete my order.
>>
>>31731603
Yeah, dude.
Inject about 50cc of cyanide into your neck, you illiterate.
jk :^)
>>
File: route3.png (33KB, 1344x480px) Image search: [Google]
route3.png
33KB, 1344x480px
Let's get some maps up in here!
>>
Would you play a game with a very different concept opossed to just catching and raising? I'm in the process of coding something really, really cool, but I have to admit, it doesn't fit the Pokémon universe, so Im guessing people would be put off by it.

Have you played Pokémon Infinite Fusions? Something similar to that fashion in that it simply doesn't really fit Pokémon. Any issues with that? Any tips at overcomign/normalizing an otherwise cool mechanic?

Not going to go into much more detail yet but it's similar to GBC Terry's Wonderland in the way you costumize a party (hopefully)
>>
How do I start a hacking project from a disassembly like this? The only game I've really messed with in the past to an in-depth level is Super Mario World, so I'm used to having a baserom and using a variety of editors.

I'm assuming I treat it like the source code to a programming project, where I have to compile to test changes and the like, but is there any utilities to edit the actual files?... Or will I have to do everything with a text editor, YY-chr, and a hex editor?
>>
>>31731841
It's mostly just using a text editor, but there are at least tools for editing maps. You could also supposedly create tools to automate code editing since I've had that suggested to me before, but I don't know how to do that so you may not.

>I'm assuming I treat it like the source code to a programming project, where I have to compile to test changes and the like
You hit the nail on the head.
>>
will gen 6 scripting ever be possible
>>
>>31731997
We have still only barely figured Gen 4 and 5 out.
>>
File: nice very nice bg.jpg (34KB, 843x350px) Image search: [Google]
nice very nice bg.jpg
34KB, 843x350px
>>31731634
I like it.
>>
>>31731634
this is simple but very nice.
>>
File: Untitled.png (66KB, 1344x480px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
66KB, 1344x480px
>>31731634
Very comfy!

The only thing I'd change is that middle section. The ledge interrupting the yellow roadway seems out of place. Maybe scrap it like pic related?

Otherwise, I like it. You have just the right amount of yellow trees.
>>
Reposting from the previous thread because I posted it right before the deletion.

After some trials romhacking, I'm looking to start on the obligatory "fix gen II level curve and bring in some new mechanics while you are at it" Fire Red hack, and while it might end up an aborted project I at least want to give a good shake at it. One thing that I thought would be sensible to run by y'all concerns the map headers (yes, the map headers). As it still seems that there is no way to easily insert new map headers I will be forced to reassign old ones to the Johto region. While some of these are easy (taking out either the event areas or Sevii Islands frees up a lot) I don't think there are quite enough headers left for every cave, route, town, city and "landmark" area. That being the case, I was thinking that in the header I could put towns, cities, caves and the like, and then for the routes in each region (barring special ones like Victory Road) I could amalgamate the Kanto routes into "Kanto Wilds" and the Johto routes into "Johto Wilds" (or something similar). Obviously signposts would still show the route name, but it might be able to streamline the file formatting a bit.
>>
post something faggots
>>
>>31734251
This
>>
fags, go kiss a girl or post FUCKNG SOMETHING NO WONDER THIS THREAD DIES SO QUICKLY REEE
>>
File: d92a0ff4af71c.png (7KB, 240x160px) Image search: [Google]
d92a0ff4af71c.png
7KB, 240x160px
>>31733109
Ruby Renev did the same thing.
It might be possible to add new locations with more work. You can add new healing places:
https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=206197
>>
>>31734471
Don't be like Ruby Renev.
>>
bump. Faggots.
>>
my dick has a cut on it
also bump
>>
>>31735015
post pictures, also poop on plushies please
>>
Is there any instance of something similar to "for in in PBSpecies"? I need to check every Pokémon species until it finds something.
>>
>>31735227
Nevermeme, I figured something out with PBSpecies.maxValue
>>
>>31735128
:^)
>>
POST STUFF REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
File: hashibami city.png (68KB, 1057x872px) Image search: [Google]
hashibami city.png
68KB, 1057x872px
procyon/deneb
>>
File: arazome.png (140KB, 800x736px) Image search: [Google]
arazome.png
140KB, 800x736px
also procyon/deneb
>>
>>31736042
city done right tbhq except for the empty/bench/vending machine spot to the top right. That should just be empty. make it smaller and make some houses 2 floors to compensate or whatever also Jap PC why...
>>
>>31736057
lol why so long kys
>>
>>31736057
I'm in love
>>
File: CxFAenqVIAAMe7i.jpg (12KB, 240x160px) Image search: [Google]
CxFAenqVIAAMe7i.jpg
12KB, 240x160px
once again, proc/deneb
>>
File: CvYIDloVMAALufK.jpg (13KB, 240x160px) Image search: [Google]
CvYIDloVMAALufK.jpg
13KB, 240x160px
guess the game
>>
>>31736188
how the fuck do you do wallpapers
>>
bumo

post maps
>>
>>31736169
>>31736188
Is that Altair?
>>
bamp
>>
>>31736057
Does anyone actually think this map is good?
Sure its got some pretty graphicd but its really shittily designed. 3/4 of your screen going down the path is just going to be path tiles.
That hill on the left is just stupid. When you enter this town and navigate its just going to be rock path. Its not the 'pretty forest' town, since you're going to be linearly going along the path except for the side buildings maybe once. You're going to remember it as the 'path town', its an awful design.
>>
Anyone know if Polished Crystal fixed that issue where fighting the Elder in Sprout Tower causes the game to crash?
Last I checked, the Sudowoodo was removed so you could simply bypass Violet and Azalea altogether, but you can't get Cut and events don't trigger.
>>
https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=359839
>If you want it, I hope you already downloaded it.

What did he mean by this?
>>
Can i play anything / romhack on a chromebook?
>>
>>31741556
As long as the Chromebook can run emulators, yes.
>>
>>31741419
He got into an argument with the mods on the PC discord, in which later he got banned. So he got upset and removed that thread's contents.
>>
Can anyone help me inject some stuff?
>>
File: caribush.png (139KB, 864x1104px) Image search: [Google]
caribush.png
139KB, 864x1104px
Caribush Forest
>>
>>31742246
I know it looks better to have patchy grass instead of one giant swathe, but if I was playing that I would check every single 1-tile space for hidden items.
Not ragging on your map, I just see it done by tons of people.
>>
>>31742246
use berries like in frlg not hidden items
a bit too big for my taste, but its ok
>>
>>31742623
Maybe I'll mark out where hidden items are using special grass tiles... That's a good call.
>>
>>31742246
Caribush Caribush, Will you do the fandango?

I'm not sure about the ledges. Something about them isn't right. I would also have preferred a little more exploration, it's quite linear.
>>
>>31731555
In my Pokemon Academy hack, the "evil team" its just a group of students that use Dark type Pokemon and they behave like a sort of cult.
I like recycled teams when they fit the story well
>>
File: TeamHeartTeaser.png (3KB, 138x160px) Image search: [Google]
TeamHeartTeaser.png
3KB, 138x160px
May as well post my evil team since it's the thread topic. Team Heart. They're obsessed with political correctness and want to make the world as light-hearted as possible, no matter what the cost. They specialize in Fairy types.
>>
>>31743508
That team emblem is a really nice design.
>>
>>31742223
TWO
GENDERS
>>
>>31743646
Fuk, man.
Delet this this instant
>>
File: 1477538237769.jpg (339KB, 590x476px) Image search: [Google]
1477538237769.jpg
339KB, 590x476px
>>31743646
Don't reply to it you idiot, it's doing it for the (You)s. We already have enough tripfags in this thread.
>>
>>31743646
>>31743693
This. You faggots that reply to him wherever he goes are worse than him. Though make no mistake you're both faggots
>>
>>31743508
gay
>>
>>31743508
Perfect
>>
>>31743508
alol I would try this game based purely on this post. Memetastic.
>>
>>31743508
Give them Millennial meme glasses, and imply somewhere in-game that they're frameless.

Also, what kinds of stuff are they going to do?
>>
>>31746644
They'll mainly be a gen 1 style evil team, carrying out a variety of schemes that will inconvenience the player along his or her journey. Most of their schemes are very petty, but they turn out to be behind one pretty significant thing (which I won't spoil). They also don't have anything to do with the mascot legend (Kachingon which I posted in the last thread) at all; that's the player's business alone.
>>
File: kc8oqAqEi.jpg (34KB, 599x390px) Image search: [Google]
kc8oqAqEi.jpg
34KB, 599x390px
>>31731555
I've posted this before
>Team Cross
A group of knight's templar/crusaders that are obsessed with created a paradise by ridding the world of evil.

>Have a chess motif:Black Knight, White Knight, Cross grunts (pawns), Cross Enforcers Vertica and Horizo (rooks), DJ # and Archbishop Chesster (Bishops)

>They use Steel, Light, Fire, and Fighting types.
>>
>>31747080
>Light
>>
>>31747080
>Light type
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>31747146
Holy. It's Holy. And it's the White Mage of pokemon types. Hardly any light types are attackers. The ones that are Empyrial (Excalibur), Regaleon(Lion of Englan) and Archalo (Guardian arch angel) are the only attackers.
>Inb4 Psychic
>Inb4 Fairy
>Inb4 Fighting
>>
>>31747172
>Inb4 Fairy
Saying Inb4 doesn't justify anything, It's been established countless times that Fairy is thematically opposed to dark, representing light-heartedness and also holy themes (Light of Ruin is about as holy as it gets). If you really want a more balanced type chart, just balance the existing types a little. I understand how fun it is to create a new type (I made a type called Food type and later scrapped it), but all it does is clog up the type chart. 18 is already a lot of elements compared to most RPGs.
>>
>>31747288
Light of Ruin has LITERALLY nothing to do with Holy, shitstain.
I guess Light screen is Holy too huh?
What about Solar beam, shitstain?
>>
>>31747080
>light type
When will this meme die out?
>>
>>31747399
It's just the general aesthetics of the attack. I suppose you're right in that there's nothing in-game that literally says it's "holy". There's still plenty of evidence for Holy and Fairy being the same though.
>Togekiss resembles either an angel or a dove, and is associated with peace (also a holy element)
>Mega Audino is clearly influenced by angels
>Gardevoir's lore matches up with the lore of guardian angels

Sorry if this ruins your type idea, but it's kinda hard to argue against the nature of Fairy. Light/Holy would have been a great addition pre gen 6 but we really don't need it now.
>>
>>31747399
>Ignoring the fact that Fairy is the good type
>>>>>"Holy" in Pokémon
Xerneas is literal life, oh and it's FAIRY too. What the fuck is Light anyway other than the "Saint/Holy" type? Not only is thinking of anything in Pokémon related to religion and cult cringy as hell (wink) but, there are no Pokémon to fit the description other than Chimecho, Bronzong and whatever the fuck your retarded "I love literature" mind decided to breed. You're introducing a type just because you have that urge. Whatever, do as you please, just know it's stupid, unoriginal (believe it or not, you're not the first special snowflake of Sound/Divine/Crystal/Light types), but also is just something you came up cause xD, and won't listen to reason.
>>
>>31747507
Lol Im not calling it Holy, fuckhead. I say Holy because spergs like you feel the need to compare every fucking thing to something else.
>Hurr its stupid, its unoriginal, Wahh I hate it
Your autistic rage makes me laugh, fuccboi.
>>
>>31747507
All I got from your retard tirade is
>DUDE I HATE NEW TYPES
You act like Light is so unheard of in Rpgs. It's one of the classic fucking elements in these type of games.
Also, Dark is both wickedness and Night. There's levels to this shit, asshole.
>>
>>31747575
If you're talking from a physical light standpoint then, all the existing moves fall under fire/fairy/grass and a couple in normal, and other than Morning Sun being normal type they all really make sense. If you want a type that does more damage to dark types you have fairy. If you want a pokemon to focus on healing? Guess what. That exists. They're all fucking normal and fairy.

People are giving you shit because it's uninteresting and unnecessary and would only complicate things, not because they necessarily hate new types. That shit has already been covered by the main games for you.
>>
>>31747657
This. Mr. Light baby is acting like a real autist trying to deny any fact that leads to his autistic, innecessary type being looked down upon.
>>
File: pancakes-2.gif (942KB, 500x278px) Image search: [Google]
pancakes-2.gif
942KB, 500x278px
>>31747657
Don't start with that slippery slope bullshit, Sanchez.
>>31747507
>>31747504
>>31747496
You're getting Light type and you'll like it.
>>
>>31747688
I dislike you, capiche?
>>
>>31747691
At this point you're just name calling. You're going "no you're wrong lol" when people have proven you wrong already.
>>
>>31747691
I don't give a shit if you do a light type in your game. That's your call, not mine. I've never seen a new type done well in a ROM hack/fan game other than just being there for the sake of being there, so I have doubts that you'll bring anything new to the table. Good luck, though.
>>
>>31747691
Good luck, this is my last (You). Don't come back when you drop your project.
>>
>>31747763
>>31747776
This is /heg/ fuckos. There is no wrong here, cunts. You're the cancer of these threads. You come here with your fucking negativity just to say
>No! I hate that! This is stupid!
We create fangames here. I didn't even ask for your goddamn approval in the first place. (You) are the ones who started this.
>>
>>31747776
Prism wasnt done well? It was pretty well received even on this contrarian as fuck Indian tapestry weaving forum. Or lemme guess your opinion
>Well, I, for one, didn't like it. Thereforec no one should.
>>31747857
Lol good riddance, fucko. My original post was just a little about an E.T.
(You) single childs sperged out over one fucking word.
As if I'm supposed to feel bad what a bunch of anonymous art dropouts have to say. Shit, I've probably been replying to the same retard.
>>
>>31747857
>Don't come back when you drop your project.
Hyper kek Who the fuck are you? My boss?
>>
>>31747899
Where are you getting that I have an issue with people who like new types? I really don't give a fuck. I think Prism is an awesome hack, but I personally think it fell flat with the new types it introduced.
>>
>>31747972
>That last line.
Hahahahahaha I rest my case.
>>
>>31748005
Which was what, exactly?
>>
>>31748050
Stop replying to him
>>
>>31748099
Yeah, figured I should probably after that one.

What's everyone working on? Anyone working on any maps and need feedback?
>>
>>31748099
Don't tell me what to do.
>>
>>31748122
>Need any feedback?
Lol Like a fucking hungry wolf out on the prowl
No one asked for your feedback. Post your evil team.
>>
File: 433px-Paradiso_Canto_31.jpg (90KB, 433x480px) Image search: [Google]
433px-Paradiso_Canto_31.jpg
90KB, 433x480px
>>31731555
Anyway, Max, what are some things introduced post Gen.5 that you can't do with Essentials?
>>
>>31748050
>Or lemme guess your opinion
>Well, I, for one, didn't like it. Thereforec no one should.
>I think Prism is an awesome hack, but I personally think it fell flat with the new types it introduced.
Average vp critic
>>
>>31748234
Right now, full 3D
Can't think of anything else.
>>
>>31748292
Online battling/trading?
>>
>>31748362
Omicron did it
It's possible.
>>
>>31748362
Drimer/Eduardo coded online functions. He's only not releasing it cause nobody is asking him about it/he hasn't prepared an UI to release it with.
>>
>Starting up Pokemon Uranium
>Decide to do a blind Nuzlocke for the hell of it.
>First Pokemon I run in to is a shiny of this region's Rattata
>SHIT JUST GOT REAL
>Completely sweep every trainer I come across, and carefully take care of the first gym leader
>On the way to the next checkpoint, my here comes my rival
>HOLY FUCK, I FORGOT TO GO TO THE POKEMON CENTER
>Whole team sweeped except for my Shiny not-Rattata

I don't think I can take this pressure, guys. I've never actually completed a nuzlocke before, and I had a pretty good feeling about this... But every fight feels like I'm going to have a heart attack, now.
>>
>>31748539
Uranium has some pretty stupid difficulty spikes, I'd suggest playing it through normally first. But if you do decide to continue the nuzlocke, best of luck! Nuclear types are a bitch, so watch out.
>>
>>31748558
One of the things I found frustrating was, I got to a point where I didn't have anything to farm for experience. I had fought everything possible, and wild pokemon weren't giving me hardly any exp.

It's not a bad game, but I feel sort've bad for making a single mistake and now the heat's really on. I WILL PUSH ON.
>>
Does anybody cares about the music in 3 gen hacks? I always mute the sound
>>
To anyone defending a "Light-type," do you also like the Wind-type and Wood-type from Pokémon Brown? Because both of those are still better than Light-type just because there was no physical/special split in Gen 1 and Brown was made before anyone had managed to add it in, so Wood and Wind were just physical Grass and special Wind respectively. Still dumb conceptually but at least they added something to gameplay.
>>
>>31747899
Gas is a pretty dumb type to be honest. Sound is like the only fanmade type that I could see becoming official.
>>
File: Swamp Insignia1.png (50KB, 640x400px) Image search: [Google]
Swamp Insignia1.png
50KB, 640x400px
I think I'll go with this design for the Swamp Logo
Which palette though?
This...?
>>
File: Swamp Insignia2.png (54KB, 640x400px) Image search: [Google]
Swamp Insignia2.png
54KB, 640x400px
>>31751409
Or this?
>>
File: Swamp Insignia3.png (46KB, 640x400px) Image search: [Google]
Swamp Insignia3.png
46KB, 640x400px
>>31751409
>>31751419
Or this?
>>
>>31751329
Sound as a type never felt right to me. I get sound-type moves, but what Pokemon would be sound type? Exploud line and Chatot are the only two that I can think of.

Also having an entire type that can bypass substitute sounds like a bad idea.

Would make soundproof actually good though.
>>
File: filth.jpg (41KB, 160x202px) Image search: [Google]
filth.jpg
41KB, 160x202px
>>31747859
>>31747899
lol, just show us proper execution of Light type and we'll be fine with it.
Protip:you can't, "fucko"
>>
>>31751720
Not like he'll finish his game ever, or probably start it. He'll just get triggered the moment anyone doesn't like what he posts and he'll disappear eventually.
>>
>>31751593
Igglybuff, Jigglypuff, Wigglytuff => Sound/Fairy
Voltorb, Electrode => Sound/Electric
Politoed => Water/Sound
Misdreavus, Mismagius => Ghost/Sound
Whismur, Loudred, Exploud => Sound
Chingling, Chimecho => Psychic/Sound
Chatot => Sound/Flying
Roggenrola, Boldore, Gigalith => Rock/Sound
Meloetta => Sound/Psychic, Sound/Fighting
Clawitzer => Water/Sound
Noibat, Noivern => Sound/Dragon with a Flying ability, if you're bold enough

Special Moves would be things like Hyper Voice
Physical moves would be seismic activity and vibrating body parts like a Quivering Punch for Seimitoad
Status moves like sing and Perish Song

Many types like Fire and Poison can inflict status with most of their moves AND are immune to their respective status
Hitting behind a Substitute is plenty balanced, and contact moves probably still wouldn't do so.
>>
>>31751593
>what Pokemon would be sound type?
Jigglypuff line (Fairy/Sound)
Jynx line (it speaks and dances rhythmically and learns move like Sing and Perish Song, Ice/Sound)
Misdreavus line (Misdreavus is the Screech Pokémon, Ghost/Sound)
Whismur line (pure Sound)
Chimecho line (Psychic/Sound)
Kricketot line (Bug/Sound)
Chatot (Sound/Flying)
Meloetta (Sound/Psychic and Sound/Fighting)
Noibat line

That's 18 Pokémon converted to Sound-type without any major streches, and the Fairy-type only converted 22 Pokémon from past generations when it was added. They'd probably pad out the list with new [region] formes and a heavier-than usual emphasis on new Pokémon of that type. I'm also sure if Game Freak tried to actually add the Sound-type they'd make bigger stretches than I did here since Pokémon like Mr. Mime and Mawile became Fairy.

I'm not necessarily pro-Sound-type, I'm not in favor of adding new types at all, but if one were to be added Sound is probably the least-dumb.
>>
>>31751936
>>31752029
Huh, that works a lot better than I thought it would.
What would you do about moves like Bug Buzz and Sparkling Aria? I looked up a list of sound-based moves, and while most could be made Sound-type easily, those in particular could cause issues.
>>
>>31752177
I was thinking of making Bug Buzz dual-type because it would hit steel types better
However, it could remain Bug and get the otherwise Sound-exclusive, hit through Substitute effect. Haven't decided yet.
Same goes for Sparkling Aria.
Liquid Voice, could just turn Sound Type moves into Water ones.
>>
File: Charmander.png (4KB, 240x160px) Image search: [Google]
Charmander.png
4KB, 240x160px
I wanted to figure out the heights of the Gen III protagonists so I could compare them to the Gen IV protagonists so as to get an idea of where everyone stands in terms of age. For example, Ethan/Lyra seem to be a year older than Lucas/Dawn after comparing their heights and weights.

While Gen III games have a height comparison feature, no numbers are given for the protagonists, so I was wondering how I might find a value for height scaling in the ROM.
>>
>>31752277
Your best bet is probably to compare pixel heights to the heights listed for the Pokémon you're comparing it to.
>>
File: Swamp_logo_blank.png (45KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Swamp_logo_blank.png
45KB, 1280x720px
>>31751409
>>31751419
>>31751469
>>
>>31752306
That's what I was doing at first, but then I realized that sprites aren't an accurate representation of height. Ekans is 2.0 m, but that's the length of its body, and its sprite doesn't have it fully stretched out, or it would tower over Red. I'm sure that in every comparison, there's something like "Zoom in/out on Pokémon sprite by a.b times" depending on the species being compared to the Trainer. But I would like to take the most common zoom value for Pokémon of equal height. Like if all Pokémon that were 0.3 m were zoomed in on by 0.85x, then pixel comparison might work.
>>
File: 1486875068506.png (50KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1486875068506.png
50KB, 1280x720px
>>31752341
>>
>>31751409
green above brown. both looks better, and implies growth from sludge.
>>
I need name ideas for my evil team name.
more of a cult really.

They use Dark/Psychic/Ghost types.
>>
>>31752658
fuck i'm tired
i can't even use grammar correctly
>>
(1/2)

Thinking through a plotline (read:fanfic) and story for a DPPt remake (if I ever get it together).

The idea would be to expand on some of the story ideas in the originals, mainly through increasing the characterizations of the many different characters in play in DPPt.

Barry would remain the hyper kid, with the dream to become the strongest trainer and surpass his dad, Palmer. He has all the skill but is unable to think things through, which impedes him. He would identify most closely with Azelf.

Dawn(non-MC) would get a larger role as a second rival. She'd be a promising trainer held in high regard throughout the region, and is hand-selected by Prof. Rowan to help with his research, and uses her wide array of knowledge to help her battle and do research. However, she would struggle to connect emotionally with her Pokemon, which leads them to distrust her. She would identify with Uxie.

MC would be a standard trainer, and would identify with Mespirit.

Prof. Rowan is renown throughout the Sinnoh region, with the trainers chosen by him known for greatness. He hand picks Dawn, and Barry wins a tournament. Your encounter with Mespirit early on pushes him to choose you as the third candidate for the Pokedex quest.

Btw better canon ver of DPPt protag is Lucas-Turtwig/Barry-Chim/Dawn-Piplup
>>
>>31752835
(2/2)

The most famous of Rowan's protoge's would be Cynthia, Palmer, and Cyrus, all of whom left on a journey set by Rowan. Cynthia would be just starting her role as the Sinnoh Champion at the start of the game- her arc would guiding the new generation as she herself gains confidence in the Champion role. She also identifies with Mespirit, being an immensely kind person.

Palmer would be the host of the Battle Tower, and would identify with Azelf (like his son). After your trio fail to protect the three Guardians, he would train you on the Battle Frontier Island.

Cyrus would remain a nihilistic fuck. Originally, he wants Dialga and Palkia to rewrite the world in order to see what lies beyond (his official reasoning). Once your trio and Cynthia/Palmer stand in the way he would instead turn to Giratina and turn the world into dust. Final arc of the game would be him succeeding and you trying to stop him/return the world to good. Identifies with Uxie, but he's v warped by the time the game begins. Why? Idk haven't figured it out.

Team Galatic would play a bigger role. I'm thinking as a bit similar to Team Flare, with a business acting as a front for the cult that remains underneath. Galactic Corp. (name for now) would serve as the front, searching for new forms of energy that could transform Sinnoh, a region steeped in tradition yet still kinda oldish. The cult looks towards Cyrus as its savior, though there would be a point in the game where many would reconsider their allegiance. I haven't really thought of the Commanders too much but the idea was to make Mars more or less infatuated with Cyrus and sort of crazy, while Jupiter just does it for fun. Saturn truly believes that Galatic is creating a better world, but would later begin to lose faith. Charon's in it for power, but no one likes him still.
>>
>>31751329
>>31751316
Still with this?
>>
File: Swamp_logo_blank.png (79KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Swamp_logo_blank.png
79KB, 1280x720px
>>31751409
>>31751469
>>31751419
>>31752341
>>
>>31751801
>>31751720
Oh yeah, post your progress then. Let's see what you've been working on?
>>
File: Swamp_logo_colored 1.png (68KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Swamp_logo_colored 1.png
68KB, 1280x720px
>>31752545
YE
this looks sick
>>
>>31751720
Who is "we"? What are you the Council Of Pokemon Fangames?
It's been half a day and you lot are STILL bootyblasted about this? I never asked for your opinion on a fucking type in a fangame. I certainly don't need it either.
>>
>>31752888
Still with what? Those two posts, plus >>31752029
and >>31747146 (and the last one was more of just a shitpost) are the only posts I've made on the subject.
>>
File: Swamp_logo_colored 2.png (68KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Swamp_logo_colored 2.png
68KB, 1280x720px
>>31752545
>>31752955
But what about
<=
>>
Bimp
>>
File: GTFO.gif (2MB, 352x200px) Image search: [Google]
GTFO.gif
2MB, 352x200px
>>31751801
Nice projection there, friendo. :^)
>>
https://soundcloud.com/dimbus-maximus/infiltrate-silph-co
>>
>>31754294
No spoilers here
>>
>>31752835
>>31752865
I refuse to read so much but I did read the word "remake". If it's a remake, make sure it follows the same plot, with only expanded anchors (like the windmill thing, or the bomb in the lake) instead of making a completely plot. By the way, a very shaken-up plot would be awesome, its just that, if you want to do that, dont call it a remake. Call it a "reboot" (like what's happening to Kanto in the next games) that happens a few years after the canon events of Dppt (by the way, decide if its a DP or PT game).

Okay actually read a little. Mesprit->Prof's Assistant, Azelf->MC, Uxie->Barry. I know it doesn't make sense that Barry=Uxie, but this is each of the ones that bonded with them during the events of Dppt. You went to Valor, Dawn goes to Verity, Barry goes wherever Uxie's lake is called. If you want to change that, make sure you change who visits where first.
>>
>>31752955
This is better, dont be dumb

>>31754294
I want to be fucked in the ass by Giovanni right now. By the way, why don't you make a "Good" (as in not evil/Rocket) theme, very similar to this, except without the Rocket bass playing, and make it the default Silph Co theme post-clearing it? Would be dope. I'd love to see the bass start playing when TR is there, but have the theme be much "lighter" when they aren't. Would give them more charm and personality.

Since when is your game in Kanto though
>>
Are Pokémon Uranium assets public? As in, can I just use stuff and credit JV and Twitch for it? Not because I intend to, but because Ive seen some of their resources released (particularly attack animations). It's still weird to do that.

Now I'm curious but, what about Prism? Since they released (winks at Koolboy) it as open source?
>>
If "Genderless"/Gender unknown had a symbol like the female/male ones, what would it be? Not into tumblr gender crap, but I'm working on a few important breeding mechanic changes, allowing more Pokémon to be "neutral"/kinda like how slugs reproduce with themselves, so I'd like to have a symbol, if there was a way to not have it be super forced.
>>
>>31752865
Nice, but definitely swap Cyrus and Cynthia around so that Cynthia is chosen by UXie (she is an archaeologist after all) and Cyres is chosen by Mesprit. This would make the relationship between the MC and Cyrus more interesting, and lack of emotion is a major part of Cyrus character. Make it so he was chosen by Mesprit but overtime he had forsaken his idol, Mesprit, and abandoned emotions and humanity alltogether. Would make for some good dialogue that would make the climax far more interesting.
>>
What about sun and moon hacks? Is someone working on them? Did something get released? Is it good?
>>
>>31755121
Rising Sun/Waning Moon for a difficulty hack. It's shit from what I can tell without playing it. Just wait for Drayano, everyone else is doing it cause its trendy to be the early "romhackers" of a game and know shit.
>>
What are the best Gen 4 and 5 romhacks? My flashcart is arriving soon. Should I just use Drayano's for all of them? I like the difficulty/availability but I cringed hard in HGSS when the Bellsprout Elder gave me an Eevee and an item to evolve it so I do not know if they change the gameplay much.
>>
>>31754774
I'll probably go back and forth on these when I develop the final draft

>Since when is your game in Kanto though
Silph Co., being the creators of all modern Pokémon healthcare and training apparatuses, is a multinational company, with four major branches spanning the entire world. The Southeast Branch is located in our world New Zealand, while the Northeast Branch, located in the Kanto Region, had an incident over a decade ago involving the gang Team Rocket, who plotted steal the plans to the Master Ball.
In this game, the player is hired by Silph Co. SE to do field research in Pokémon Training and Pokémon Habitats in order to aide the player's father in his research.
Silph Co. SE has been extremely successful with the Porygon Project, a program that allows a Porygon assistant to be provided to every Silph Co. subscriber. The player is given the very first model ever near the start of the game.

I've been working on a location theme, but it's far from done.
Maybe the "Infiltrate" theme will push it along.
https://soundcloud.com/dimbus-maximus/preview-silph-co
>>
>>31754767
Yeah it would be more akin to a reboot, only with expanded focus on the plot/characters.

Thanks for reminding me about the order of the lake visits. I could swing it as Main Trio reaching out towards the thing they needed most (MC=agency, Dawn=kindness, Barry=intelligence) but it could also easily be done by whichever Guardian they respond to the best.
>>
>>31754908
Actually was thinking hard between which Guardian corresponded with which character between Cynthia and Cyrus. They're both stated as being very studious, with Cynthia being extremely kind and Cyrus being 100% opposite. I was going to focus on Cynthia becoming studious to better understand Cyrus' machinations.

Though I agree the parallels of making Cyrus chosen by Mespirit is very tempting. I'll look at it. Thanks!
>>
>>31743508
So you're making a meme/hate game. "Nice".
>>
>>31754842
Not sure about Uranium, but I know Polished Crystal uses some Prism assets.
>>
File: [screams internally].png (13KB, 502x502px) Image search: [Google]
[screams internally].png
13KB, 502x502px
>>31754887
I'd use the asexual symbol. It's literally just a circle and it would make the most sense.
>>
>>31756749
TWO GE-
I mean, thanks, that makes sense. Google searchs provided me with weirder symbols.
>>
>>31756831
Maybe go with purple or green or something rather than black. A black circle probably wouldn't convey the idea very well.
>>
>>31756749
>>31756963
What about white?
>>
OK, guys, talk me through it:

What's the correct order to do it all in?

I have a concept for my game, I actually know which Pokémon I want to use, so what order do I do the rest in?

Maps first? Story first? Character design? Music, I assume, is pretty much down the bottom of the list.

A bit new to all this so if you guys have any tips on how to prioritise the jobs that'd be cool!
>>
>>31757143
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/List_of_Pokémon_by_Sinnoh_Pokédex_number#Platinum_expansion

PT adds after Manaphy, leaving the one cover legendary as last Pokémon.
>>
Possibly dumb/autistic question here. Let's say I plan on having postgame-exclusive evos in my game (ala gen 4). In the dex order, do I put them before or after the (also postgame-exclusive) pseudo legendaries?
>>
>>31757167
I'd say after the pseudo, but why would you have postgame exclusive evos anyway? One of the huge issues of DP was the fact the postgame evos weren't maingame
>>
>>31757187
I just like the idea of saving certain things for the postgame. Also, the only mons I plan on giving postgame evos are ones which are already fairly strong unevolved (which was also the case with most of gen 4's evos). Do people really have a problem with this though? I was always fine with the idea but I may reconsider given the general consensus.
>>
>>31757270
I'd be pretty upset if I wasted my time training a Pokemon up through the E4, only to find that it would have evolved at an earlier level if I just didn't use it at all.

I like the idea from a story-telling perspective, and it could probably work with some minor tweaks, but missing out on better stats and potential moves because of my story progress would be annoying, no matter how strong the Pokemon was before.
>>
I'm thinking of having former members from each team be a move tutor for something I'm planning, what move should they all teach?
I've got ExTeam Magma teaching Eruption and ExTeam Aqua teaching Water Spout, not sure about the rest.
>>
>>31755704
Sounds immersive
>>
>>31758071
I like the idea but the tutors, though fitting, are something I don't like because Eruption and Water Spout are really powerful moves that help set other Fire/Water Pokemon apart.

I'd recommend Lava Plume and Liquidation personally.
>>
>>31758482
Yeah that sounds more fair, any ideas for the other teams to teach?
>>
>>31758659
Beat Up for Rocket, Cosmic Power for Galactic.

Maybe Burn Up and Shadow Bone for Flare and Skull, but Burn Up may have the same Eruption/Water Spout issue though not as much so it's passable and Shadow Bone requires you to make some stretchy creative liberties.

Aromatherapy for Aether
>>
>>31758071
Team Rocket: Thief
Team Magma: Earth Power
Team Aqua: Soak
Team Galactic: Cosmic Power
>>
>>31758762
It's alright, I've got the rest, thanks for the advice.
I don't get it
>>
>>31758908
A healing move of some sorts, Aromatherapy's just the one I feel fits best.
>>
>>31758956
Yeah that works, thanks again.
>>
>>31754294
Just updated this
https://soundcloud.com/dimbus-maximus/infiltrate-silph-co

Extended some parts, and made a better mix
>>
Is there anyway known to make a new map for a rom hack of pokemon Sun and Moon? Or X and y?
>>
>>31759306
no

/heg/ POST STUFF IM TIRED OF BUMPING REEEEEEEEEEE Edition
>>
File: 250px-137Porygon.png (57KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
250px-137Porygon.png
57KB, 250x250px
https://soundcloud.com/dimbus-maximus/porygon-theme-preview
>>
>>31761796
If you made this from scratch, then ku fucking dos.
Anyways, what do you think of the Hardee's $4 Real Deal promotion? Should I get it ir just go to McDonald's and get four McDoubles?
>>
>>31757059
I'm new to pokemon as well, but I've worked with other things and it feels like really... You just kinda work on everything as you go along, if that makes sense? You don't want to just have story and characters as it's easier to actually apply those things if you have a gameplay to apply it to. That said, planning them out a bit never hurts.

I just think it's beneficial to have something playable as a starting point to get yourself working. I've worked on a larger project with other people, where I'm the sprite artist and main character designer, and I couldn't really adequately design say, the main character until I had a bit of story and a level to play (Fire Emblem, so a physical character with stats to try and match to the art)

RPGs really aren't like, say, Mario where you absolutely put gameplay first and can just make levels and slap on a story but the gameplay still needs to work. They're definitely a harder project to work on solo. Someone with more experience should probably step in but I'd say maps/scripting would be a good first step. Scripting scares the shit out of me, and getting used to making maps seems very important.
>>
>>31761874
It's the unused track from Red/Blue
https://youtu.be/gKMW7E8tbGU
>>
File: Mignon Town.png (72KB, 684x564px) Image search: [Google]
Mignon Town.png
72KB, 684x564px
>>31731634
>>
>>31763801
What's the 1 tall grass for? Rare encounters?
>>
So right now I'm kinda stuck. I turned Verdanturf into a town with a gym, but the gym is a mountain you have to go up (so it's outside) and then you enter the gym for the leader at the top. Whenever I move trainer data to the "blank" trainers, the game freezes when I challenge them. Please help, I'll try to elaborate more if I need to.
>>
>>31761990
Bump
>>
>>31764635
Bro stop bumping in the middle of the night. Wait till tomorrow
>>
What makes a good story in a Pokemon hack/fan game, /heg/? What are you looking for when you pick one up? What will turn you off from one?
>>
>>31765063
No memes, romance, edgy shit, politics, or pseudophilosophical 3deep 4u shit.

Other than that it don't care, and I enjoy when the story deviates from the stock Pokemon story.
>>
>>31765063
Just evil team being evil. Good variety, changes to stats and movepools so there are no shitmon. I guess I can appreciate a good map too, but none that are overly complex or tedious (early areas with tons of secret shit). Like >>31765522 said, none of those things. In the hack I'm working on, I'm having it to where the evil team wants to control the Regis to terraform the world and abuse Jirachi as the main source of their power.
>>
>>31765522
>No memes, romance, edgy shit, politics, or pseudophilosophical 3deep 4u shit
I've played many but haven't seen any shit like this so far
Can you give some examples?
>>
>>31765063
I want different pokemon available on early routes, so I can have a different game experience. Having stuff like Tangela, Glameow, Basculin, Shellder, Natu, Skorupi, Cubchoo, etc. would be nice.

Just have good rivals. Give them a niche (breeder, league contender, contest competitor) and make their teams interesting. For example, you could have a Contest Rival that battles you with a Tail Glow Volbeat, or a Breeder with max Attack IVs on their Gible.

Have simple, interesting maps. No need to be too complicated or fancy.

Make Gym Leaders challenging.

Have a solid bad guy team with a simple goal. Simple criminals are good - stealing pokemon to sell, etc. Don't make them too crazy.
>>
>>31765982
Insurgence, Epsilon, Reborn, Rejuvenation all are awful games.
>>
Anyone know any funny/lulzy ROMhacks?
I know most of that shit has juvenile humor but I eat that shit up
>>
Can you catch all 151 in pokemon red proud eyes edition hack?
>>
File: TopazBox.png (98KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
TopazBox.png
98KB, 256x256px
>>31766161
Topaz. Definitely Topaz. There's some flaws here and there (vanilla region, lack of running shoes without cheating, etc), but the bizarre nature of the dialogue and fakemon make for one hell of an experience. It's honestly what inspired me to start making my own fangame in the first place.
>>
>>31766161
Clover is a good shot. A 8-gym patch is releasing within 16 days.
>>
>>31767386
fuck off clover shill
>>
File: Blobbos.png (130KB, 1016x974px) Image search: [Google]
Blobbos.png
130KB, 1016x974px
>>31767708
Say it with me
BLOBBO
>>
File: 1484111779595.png (51KB, 1200x600px) Image search: [Google]
1484111779595.png
51KB, 1200x600px
>>31767386
>>31768707
Source? Does an 8-gym patch also include the E4 and your mom?
>>
>>31768868
Soon™
Also, no
Just eight gyms.
>>
>>31769256
Well, hopefully a little beyond 8 gyms. But not much.
>>
>>31767386
16 days? Is this the new soon™?
>>
File: ts_mkup_3.png (18KB, 240x160px) Image search: [Google]
ts_mkup_3.png
18KB, 240x160px
>>31769385
not really
>>
>>31769673
That's a pretty slick titlescreen. Is that how it is in the game? Asking because I can see the mockup bit in the filename.
>>
File: rrss.png (222KB, 1211x746px) Image search: [Google]
rrss.png
222KB, 1211x746px
>>31755121
Dio_Vento, the guy who made Rutile Ruby/Star Sapphire, is almost done with his hack. Apparently Drayano is doing something too, but I dunno if it's anywhere near completion.
>>
>>31752835
>>31752865

Anyone have any pointers for these plot threads. Looking to develop it some more.
>>
File: KachingonIsConflicted.png (17KB, 224x289px) Image search: [Google]
KachingonIsConflicted.png
17KB, 224x289px
Okay so I was working on a fangame full of silly fakemon (a few meme mons but mostly just silly/fun designs in general). Should I just give it up since Clover's on its way? I can't help but feel like it'd just render my work pointless given how similar it is as a whole. Really don't know what to do here.
>>
>>31771635
I'd say as long as your ideas aren't 1-1 on Clover's fakemon, go for it. Clover isn't the first meme game, after all. Shouldn't be the last.
>>
File: 729bhires2.gif (210KB, 127x127px) Image search: [Google]
729bhires2.gif
210KB, 127x127px
>>
File: 726bhires.gif (20KB, 127x127px) Image search: [Google]
726bhires.gif
20KB, 127x127px
>>
File: nionback.gif (17KB, 93x93px) Image search: [Google]
nionback.gif
17KB, 93x93px
>>
File: 731bhires.gif (24KB, 80x80px) Image search: [Google]
731bhires.gif
24KB, 80x80px
>>
>>31763875
Bump
>>
https://soundcloud.com/dimbus-maximus/porygons-theme
>>
File: 137Porygon_AG_anime.png (22KB, 755x776px) Image search: [Google]
137Porygon_AG_anime.png
22KB, 755x776px
>>31772437
I completed it
Even snuck in some subtle things in as well
>>
>>31766808
>Topaz
Is that a sequel to Quartz?
>>
Bump because spam
>>
>>31773555
Nope, Marble is the unfinished sequel to Quartz.
>>
File: Yall-Got-Any-More-Of.jpg (10KB, 306x240px) Image search: [Google]
Yall-Got-Any-More-Of.jpg
10KB, 306x240px
Y'all got any more of those maps??
>>
File: Team_Rocket_Grunt_PG.png (320KB, 848x475px) Image search: [Google]
Team_Rocket_Grunt_PG.png
320KB, 848x475px
>>31731555
>How are they done right?

A bit of a broad question, but I feel like they should play to the themes of the story in some way or another.

Mechanically, I feel like one shouldn't hesitate to make villain teams feel a bit more challenging than the run-of-the-mill trainer. Possibly even use level scaling so they'll always match the levels of the player's highest pokemon to make the player always feel they might be getting in over their head to take on these criminal organizations.

>Do you like recycled teams or completely original ones?

Another thing that depends on the situation. If I'm doing my autistic gen-1 remake, you bet your ass I'm not going to replace Team Rocket with Team Crumpets vs. Team Biscuits.

But if I'm setting it in a new region or down-the-time-line of an existing one, I'd probably make a new team.

with some admitted irony, in my 'original region, donut steel', the villain team technically is a recycled team.

Team Triad is made up of the remains of Neo-Plasma, Rocket, and Flare out to recapture their glory-days.
>>
>>31773296
Level scaling, nigga. Is it possible/easy?
>>
>>31776021
>possible
Yes
>easy
No

Well, I have a game that has an open gym format, so the pokémon levels have to be dynamic in several areas.
I have to script scaling in myself.
If you have Ruby knowledge, it's definitely attainable.
>>
>>31731555
I don't think there is a RIGHT way to make a fan game. The whole fun of it is making something that is unique to (You) yourself.
New types or just keep old types.
Expand on Team Rocket or create an evil team that uses fossil pokemon and tries to revert the world back to prehistoric times.
It's art. It's a piece of (You) yourself placed into it. That's why I hate when people tell (You) what can and can't go into a fangame. There is no fucking script. Do (You).
>>
>>31776053
I not so secretly hate how tech savvy you are.
>>
>>31763875
(help)
>>
can we have a dex discussion thread next?
>>
>>31776788
you can discuss anything at any time at discord or Relic Castle, maybe Pokecommunity but they don't discuss much in Pokecommunity
>>
>>31776089
Dude that's not even hard to code. There's already a function to get the average party lvl, you can use that with a trainer modifier (they work just like encounter modifiers) and make changes accordingly to be made automatically. Im almost certain mej71 has a challenge mode script, it probably does that, too.
>>
>>31769837
Sick, I loved star sapphire.

I am really worried on how he'll implement EV training this time around tho.
>>
mid-day bump
faggots
>>
>>31768707
Shhh Blobbos is slep. Do not wake the Bolbi.
>>
File: unknown.png (66KB, 928x288px) Image search: [Google]
unknown.png
66KB, 928x288px
I'm planning a route that goes west from Kanto Route 18 to Route 21, analogous to the real-world Kanto's Uraga Channel. It'll have water currents like the routes west of Pacifidlog in RSE. (The cave will have its own current puzzle.)
>>
File: Poryvector.png (23KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
Poryvector.png
23KB, 480x360px
Just vectorized this
>>
>>31742246
What is the bottom-left ledge for? It's not bypassing tall grass or gating a Cut/Surf area.
>>
>>31740788
Sounds like you're playing a custom build. The code right now is being constantly updated and crashes a lot. I haven't seen any of those issues in 2.2.0.
>>
>>31742723
Berries in FRLG were hidden, though?
>>
>>31752865
>he's v warped by the time the game begins. Why? Idk haven't figured it out.
If you bothered to look in postgame in Platinum, you can find his grandfather that explains his backstor.y
>>
>>31755129
Shit as in?
>>
>>31779095
visible spots on the floor, they were
>>
>>31779624
Shit as in, don't play, it's imbalanced
>>
>>31780046
there was another sun/moon challenge mode hack on pokecommunity/gbatemp but was overshadowed by rising sun

i cant remember the name, but i know for a fact its balanced better
>>
Currently debating if it's worth it to add the Fairy type to Crystal. It might be cool to see it in an older game, but I feel like it'd mess with the game balance pretty bad. Whitney would either stay Normal and lose her cute niche or switch to Fairy and lose Miltank. Not to mention her gym being shaped like a Clefairy. And that's not even getting into Clair and Lance, who get fucked hard despite being the last challenges in the game before Kanto.
>>
>>31781355
I've played multiple vanilla+ hacks of Crystal that add the Fairy-type, and neither hurt the game too badly, but they also upped the game's difficulty in general so who knows. Whitney is the only odd thing, you'd probably just be best off making her a dual-type Gym. in my planned hack that I'll probably never make, an actual Fairy-type Gym moved into Kanto when a Gym Leader promoted to E4, and Whitney had to change her whole Gym gimmick to accomodate it. She's not happy.
>>
File: popplio2.jpg (43KB, 600x477px) Image search: [Google]
popplio2.jpg
43KB, 600x477px
is it possible for someone to inject an item for me?

i could really use a Shiny Charm.
>>
>>31781450
First, this is not the injection general. Go to /ekx/.

Second, you can't trade key items to other games, you'd have to inject that yourself.

Third, why the hell have you not hacked your 3DS yet? There have been so many goddamn opportunities, there was even a time where you could do it on 11.2, it only got patched in the last week.
>>
>>31781450
Love Primarina, but that meme is amazing.
>>
How does /heg/ feel about HMs? Should they be removed? Are items replacing HMs the solution to how cumbersome HMs are? Has there been any hack or fan game that nailed an HM replacement?
>>
>>31781538
I have a radical fringe opinion but I think HMs are good as long as you have a Move Deleter available early enough in the game.

Items in place of HMs can work fine, though, since it's not the state of being a move that makes HMs good but they way they can create natural roadblocks by making impassable terrain that becomes passable later (as opposed to "We're dancing for no reason"). You can do that with both moves and items.
>>
>>31781538
They're a bit cumbersome, but I think it's better to rework and polish them than just remove them entirely. Making them replaceable like a regular move is one easy fix, but that's only an option if you're using Essentials or a disassembly. You could also buff them to make them useful in combat, like how Strength and Surf are. That said, I wouldn't lose any sleep over them being replaced by items or something else.
>>
>>31779602
I remember reading it but it seemed kinda general (and meh)
>>
File: IXW53Wf.png (298KB, 752x560px) Image search: [Google]
IXW53Wf.png
298KB, 752x560px
So far the Porygon Device:
>Displays a map while traveling
>Can Function as a Dex Nav
>Has a built in Type Advantage Calculator
>Hosts the Item Dowsing App

What else should it do?
>>
>>31779602
>>31781399
How did you add fairy type? Do you have a separate patch for just that?
>>
>>31783384
I used the disassembly and just edited the type section to add a new one.
>Do you have a separate patch for just that?
Not on me, but if you give me a little while I can make one, since it's a really simple change when done via disassembly.
>>
>>31783142
ability to relearn moves without just injecting heart scales lol
>>
>>31783142
Remove everything but the map
Have it tell you exactly where to go next to continue the plot at all times
Give it an annoying verbal tic
>>
>>31783854
Zzzzzt...
>>
>>31783142
Would the map include a 'current objective' note? If not, something like that wouldn't be amiss. Fan games can be really crap at being direct with what you need to do next, sometimes.
>>
>>31783384
>>31783433
Okay, I haven't tested this extensively but this should add the Fairy-type accurately. I didn't add anything else other than adding the Fairy-type (and updating Steel-type's resistances just to be completely up-to-date) and changing the canon Pokémon and moves to Fairy-type (not that the latter means much since there are no damaging would-be-Fairy-type moves in Gen ).

https://mega.nz/#!UYgxkTKI!Cy_l7bwsvk-rsU7Pb3IrrkjD1ylHn2ipktHMeMxaOyo
>>
>>31783957
Thank you so much! I take it i have to add in the other fairy moves myself? Any tutorials on that?
>>
>>31783944
Somewhat
I plan on having a some objective log as well
It won't be an ever present speech bubble like Rotom Dex, but easily accessible.
I also want to make it very clear where the next objective is, since the format is pretty open-world.
>>
File: images.jpg (10KB, 345x146px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
10KB, 345x146px
>>31783142
>>31783142
Just want to say I am doing something similar, but it's wearable tech like Google glass or pic related.
>Map
>Objective list like in Sun/Moon
>Radio
>Battle Club news and updates like Sportscenter or some shit
>National news feed for news about the region and pokemon world. Info about herds, contests, and even news from other regions.
>Minigames
>Vs Seeker
>Call function (you can even schedule matches with trainers)
I forgot about the item finder until Ibread your other post. I might add that too.
>>
File: Porygon_Ani.gif (873KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
Porygon_Ani.gif
873KB, 480x360px
>>
>>31786028
Thanks for the wallpaper
>>
>>31786101
Lel
Can this work as a wallpaper?
>>
>>31784567
Well if you want to do that, you shouldn't edit that .ips I gave you, and instead grab the disassembly and edit that (all the disassemblies except pokeyellow are in the OP). I'd even recommend adding the Fairy-type by yourself instead of me giving you what I did, because adding the Fairy-type was the first thing I did when I started messing with the disassembly and it's a good "tutorial" thing to do, helps you get a feel of how to navigate it.

Once you have the disassembly set up, most of what you would want to edit to add new moves would just be in battle/moves folder (not all, but most). It's really just a "feel around" type thing, though there is a nice tutorial that tells you a few basic things if you feel overwhelmed and unsure what to do.
https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=378692
>>
>>31786560
Does this tutorial include setting up git and everything? How do i extract features from hacks like prism or polished crystal?
>>
>>31786605
>Does this tutorial include setting up git and everything?
The tutorial has a video, but I haven't taken the time to watch it so I don't know how helpful it is. The disassembly itself has installation instructions if it ends up not being helpful.
https://github.com/pret/pokecrystal/blob/master/INSTALL.md

>How do i extract features from hacks like prism or polished crystal?
You look at the code you want to extract, and then you steal it. I'd say "ask for permission and then take it" but with Prism it's kind of hard to do with the whole C&D status, the devs aren't allowed to even acknowledge the game's leak publicly.
>>
File: Clippy.gif (1MB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
Clippy.gif
1MB, 480x360px
>>
Where are the pre patched rom hacks that were on the nuzlocke General threads? I wanna play sacred gold but I can't patch it right now because I'm on my phone.
>>
>>31786023
Also, I wanted to add this trading app that allows in game trading with trainers all over the globe.
And the Pokedex is an app as well.
>>
>>31786718
Will it look like this in game?
>>
File: 1379542681821.jpg (18KB, 320x335px) Image search: [Google]
1379542681821.jpg
18KB, 320x335px
>>31781450
>tripfag
>off topic
>begging for injection because they're too stupid to do it themselves
>misused epic black text
>an item that can't even be traded

so many fucking wrong things with this post
>>
File: Eastern Beach.png (89KB, 1344x640px) Image search: [Google]
Eastern Beach.png
89KB, 1344x640px
Eastern beach
The welcome party takes place here
>>
>>31786647
Could i perhaps use polished crystal as a base for my hack? Should be fine if leave the credits as is right?
>>
File: Float.gif (3MB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
Float.gif
3MB, 480x360px
>>31786788
Somewhat
I plan on the whole vector layout, but I still need to work out exactly how it will function and how present it will be at all times.
>>
>>31787174
Eh, I'm not sure. I mean, it's not like there isn't precedent for that sort of thing (Red & Blue Deluxe is a hack that uses Red++ as a base), but it seems like cherrypicking the updates you do want would be better for you regarding knowing what is and isn't in your hack.

If you do decide to use Polished Crystal as a base, definitely don't do it right now, though, the github has a LOT of bugs due to a partially recoded battle engine that's going to be finished and ironed out for 3.0.
>>
>>31787308
thanks for the advice! How's your hack going by the way?
>>
bumo
>>
>>31776999
would this sort of thing mean each gym leader has eight different teams, or that they have a single team with variable levels?

(or are both possible)
>>
My game takes place in Kanto. I want to add one or two optional extra cities, ideally ones that canonically exists in the anime or some other media. But I don't want it to be some nonsense sounding location like Hophophop town or whatever.

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Kanto

So far I'm thinking Crimson City is the best fit since it fits with the colours theme of Kanto cities and it's only been mentionned so I can basically do whatever I want with it and have it anywhere on the map.

Pic related is what I came up with so far. I made it a small seaside town north of Cerulean Cape.

Thoughts? What other city would be a good addition?
>>
File: crimson-city.png (767KB, 1882x1200px) Image search: [Google]
crimson-city.png
767KB, 1882x1200px
>>31789102
forgot pic

I'm thinking Cerise Island from the manga might be nice too as an wild untouched island near Cinnabar. What do you think?
>>
>>31789115
If you're taking things from anime and manga, you may as well also just make up your own new locations since the anime and manga have no bearing on the canon of the games (with the exception of the Ash Greninja shill). That being said, this map looks really nice and comfy, and I'm also glad you're keeping the color theme naming since it's Kanto.
>>
:3c
>>
File: Porygon.gif (4MB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
Porygon.gif
4MB, 480x360px
Enjoy
>>
>>31787367
>How's your hack going by the way?
I haven't seriously worked on it in about a year. I've been doing a lot of music to assist other hacks, though, mostly in Polished Crystal (I think I have more than 20 covers in there between what's in 2.x and what's already put in 3.0, but I haven't counted in a while). I think I get more enjoyment out of assisting others with that than working on my own thing, especially when there's enough of a demand for it that I end up getting a large backlog. I remember when I started I had to specifically ask for requests when I ran out, but now people already have new things for me to work on before I'm finished with the old things, which is great; even if some of the things I'm asked to cover give me headaches, the fact that someone explicitly wants it for a hack they're doing makes the effort more than worth doing.
>>
>>31791650
Are you on any of the rom hacking discords?
>>
>>31791736
I'm in the /heg/ Discord but I seldom use it for more than the occasional shitpost these days. My rate of getting covers down has shot down a lot since SM's release date, since a new generation means a new generation's worth of music and nothing in the 3DS games is sequenced so you have to do it by ear. Sometimes you can find a fanmade MIDI of it and use that as a loose guideline but I've found those to often be inaccurate so you can't just copypaste the note sequences vertabim like when you cover Gen 3-5 music. I don't mind doing it, but I do feel bad at the slow rate I've been going through since a lot of it is just caused by laziness.
>>
>>31791777
Never really listened to the music when playing pokemon ahaha when i was a kid i kept it off to save battery and now i play it fast forwarded so i cant hear anything.
But i do understand the appeal of it and i'll probably request music from you? Do you have any depository for your tracks?

Are you mhmmmm (idk how to spell) btw? I see them post alot on skeetendo about music
>>
File: 1466123495788.gif (96KB, 535x262px) Image search: [Google]
1466123495788.gif
96KB, 535x262px
>>31792649
>Do you have any depository for your tracks?
https://hax.iimarckus.org/topic/6777/
The opening post for this thread has Soundcloud links and pastebin files with the code to all my tracks, organized by region. I am Mmmmmm, yes.
>>
https://soundcloud.com/dimbus-maximus/tracks
lmao these are actually great the encounter themes for clover as for fitting, are they actually implemented?
>>
>>31792854
Yeah all of them have been inserted already
13 days until SOON™
>>
>>31792867
I really love the encounter themes, you seem to understand what it means to make a soundtrack
>>
>>31792867
What is ????!!! going to be used for in Clover? It feels kinda like credits music.
>>
>>31792887
Thanks
>>31792907
Yep, but it's not for the Credits
Le Ruse Bird and I are collaborating on that.
It's the same tune as the hometown theme.
>>
>>31792925
Well, I know Ruse does some good shit, so I guess I'll just have to wait until SOON.
>>
>>31792925
,':3c
>>
Would it be possible to make a Totem-like encounter in Essentials? Or even add one to a ROM hack of G/S/C?
>>
>>31792854
I like how the furfag and neckbeard encounter themes are practically the same thing.
>>
>>31789115
Dark City, Metallica Island, Mossgreen village, Neon town, Silver town and Terracotta town would also respect the color theme.

But Crimson is the best one imo. Neon town sounds kinda cool, but probably too flashy for a city that wasn't in the original games.
Terracotta town could work well I reckon, but it's known for contests in the anime, so unless you have those in your game it might not work so well.
>>
Maximillion, are triple battles still impossible with Essentials?
>>
>>31794217
For now
I'm working on scripting triples, rotations, totems, and calling for help
>>
>>31793236
>Or even add one to a ROM hack of G/S/C?
GSC doesn't have any kind of double battle/multitargeting battle format. You could add something like double battles to GSC with enough work (there's a proof-of-concept done in RBY from like a year ago), but it wouldn't be easy at all. If you had double battles completely added you could probably get totem battles to work relatively easily, since it's just a 2v1 battle where fainted Pokémon on the computer's side get replaced with new ones if you don't kill the totem.
>>
how do i make sprites for g/s/c ? i know the limitations is 56/56 and 4 colours. How do i resize from a image?
>>
File: 1465976035494.png (74KB, 228x261px) Image search: [Google]
1465976035494.png
74KB, 228x261px
>>31797445
>How do i resize from a image?
What did he mean by this?
>>
>>31763875
((Help))
>>
>>31794287
Ok so tell me if this concept is pie in the sky.
I'm the England guy with Battle Clubs instead of gyms.
All battle club matches are double battles. I wanted triple battles, but fuck...
Anyway, I wanna expand combo moves from Gen 5 (Fire Pledge, Bolt strike, Fusion Flare).
Picture if your partner used Psychic then you used Thunderbolt. The move would combine and form Brainstorm. Brainstorm would function like a Z-Move, but it would deplete Thunderbolts pp.
I have a shit ton more combos. Some have addtional effects/requirements.
Ex. Earthquake then Surf transforms Surf into Tidal wave, a high powered surf that floods the field for 5 turns.
>>
>>31797703
I thought this post was a poem for a second.
>>
>>31797703
Very possible, but your going to be in that scripting section a whole
There is code for the pledges combining and for the moves changing full-stop, right? It would take combining those scripts to call a new move.
You have to either do this about 153 times or come up with a formula that takes care of all combinations at once and just give about 153 names.
>>
File: pokemon sun wild battle.png (191KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
pokemon sun wild battle.png
191KB, 400x400px
Okay it's actually done now.

Alola Wild Pokémon Battle:
http://pastebin.com/WSdP1J0x
https://soundcloud.com/mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm-1/alola-wild-pokemon-battle-gbc-8-bit
>>
>>31798102
Hey, I don't talk much on /heg/ but I've always been a fan of your work. Nice to see you still around. <3
>>
>>31797875
>come up with a formula that takes care of all combinations at once and just give about 153 names.
You mean, I'd actually have to think of something no one has done before?
Also, why 153? That's very specific.
>>
>>31797773
Lol The beginning does sound like a limerick.
>>
>>31798229
Yup no one's done it before
And 153 is just the amount of combinations of types without overlap.
>>
>>31798246
.........I'm adding light type, sensei [/ spoiler]
>>
File: kaizo.png (19KB, 638x575px) Image search: [Google]
kaizo.png
19KB, 638x575px
jfc, nearly had it before a super potion came out of nowhere. toxic should be enough to at least counter softboiled, wouldn't it?
>>
>>31798102
Crystalfag ily
I was the first to call you crystalfag I swear im your biggest fun, not a meme
>>
File: 1395205682299.png (28KB, 500x223px) Image search: [Google]
1395205682299.png
28KB, 500x223px
>>31798145
>>31798719
Thread posts: 308
Thread images: 64

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.