[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

After 3+ years, It still hurts

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 7

File: 20170210_105554.jpg (3MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
20170210_105554.jpg
3MB, 3264x1836px
After 3+ years, It still hurts
>>
>>31730718
GF can't keep getting away with "maybe it'll be used in the third game or the sequels or the remakes"
>>
>>31730718
>Locked Power Plant doors
>Where Xerneas and Yveltal resides
>Eternal Floette
>Battle Frontier teasing
>Sinnoh teasing
>Diancie teasing
>Zygarde teasing
>Southern Kalos dialogue
>Mystery Girl

>Rayquaza defeating the Primals plothole
>Giant Key Stone Meteorite missing from Sky Pillar
>No Juan
>Battle Frontier teasing
>Protags taking over Battle Maison/Frontier dialogue
>Ultra Beast invasion lore from out-of-the-blue in SM
>Everything from Emerald missing
>Hoopa not appearing despite its rings being everywhere

Ah Gen 6. Forever the black sheep of the series.
>>
>>31730800
it wouldn't be so bad if they didn't go "DUDE WUT SEQUAL LMAO WE'RE GOING STRAIGHT TO THE NEXT GEN"
>>
>>31730803
Southern Kalos always designated Kiloude City and its vicinity
>>
>>31730826
Not really in every case. But not that it matters, there's plenty of other shit still.
>>
>>31730803
Well, we do know that Xerneas was in a forest and Yveltal in a mountain range. But yes, showing the actual places would have been better.
>>
>>31730803
And then Gen 7 just added even more empty area's mysterious locked doors and useless lore.
>>
>>31730803
>>Rayquaza defeating the Primals plothole
What plot hole?
>>Giant Key Stone Meteorite missing from Sky Pillar
It was never there in the first place it was in Sootopolis and most likely buried over the years.
>>
>>31730855
See the Mega Evolution specials, the Key Stone is being researched at Lysandre Labs. Yes, the specials are canon to some extent (Alan reference by Steven)
>>
Who was AZ? Why is he 3000+ years old? How did he get a special floette? How did he build a machine to bring it back to life? What happened to Lysandre? How did they capture the box legendaries? What the FUCK was the sundial, why did the characters act like it was so mysterious and important?
>LOL time for gen 7 ;^)
>>
>>31730899
Anon, all those questions were answered though, except maybe for Lysandre's fate (which is implied) and the sundial which helps you with the Megastones.
>>
>>31730811
This.
Fucking incompetence shitters.
Kalos had so many potential on top of plot-holes, they really wasted it.
>>
>>31730896
>Yes, the specials are canon to some extent
You are fucking retarded
>>
>>31730848
And missing parts in lanakilla, and the volcano supposedly having a cave, but who cares? Apparently game freak wants to cut content just to be lazy
>>
>>31730811
They're lazy now. I hate masuda since that fuckers been making games less and less enticing.
>>
>>31730960
Can we nuke Masuda?
Or better yet let's make him a cuck
>>
>>31730974
I'd gladly take him leaving for someone better.
>>
>>31730896
>See the Mega Evolution
Specials aren't canon at all to the video games for starters they occur in completely different time frames two they imply Kyogre and Groudon were awakened before they were in ORAS when they weren't touched for generations
>>
>>31730920
Why are you implying 4chan actually plays the games they're complaining about?
>>
>>31730980
It's less of their faults, and more of the changing demographic. Kids are too stupid and lazy to play video games now without being spoonfed everything, so they're the ones to blame for GF having to dumb everything down.
>>
>>31731011
Unfortunately this, which means there's no way for them to improve their games ever.
>>
>>31731011
We were dumb fucking kids when gen 1 came out

When gen 2 did
When gen 3 did
When gen 4 did
When gen 5 did
>>
>>31731011
Yeah. Fuck kids today, because they like the gratification of instant winning or feeling like they are a expert at the game. That's why the experience share is broken now, and why gyms are gone. They want to dumb it down, yet the real fanbase hates this. While I did like sun and moon in my first play through, it didn't hold up the second time. Areas felt either rushed or too small, and characters showed up for no reason. Plus the elite 4 wasn't even established until the third island, completely out of the blue.
>>
>>31731035
2-5 *there were still more stupid kids
>>
>>31731035
Smart phones have taken over that previous niche group, and they'd rather play poor quality games on their phones instead.
>>
>>31730985
I said " to some extent". Mega Fug related stuff isn't explained anywhere else. It's better than nothing.
>>
>>31731054
Seriously is there a chance that Pokémon mainline could go on a smartphone in the future?
>>
>>31731054
So basically kids that probably won't be playing these games in the first place because they probably think the 3DS is garbage are the ones they're appealing to.
Did I get that right?
>>
>>31731054
This. I hate when these crappy games are more popular then a game that took time. Not like gamefreak cares for its other fans, so they just try to emulate a game, but dumb it down so these kids don't get lost. That's why Pokémon go was blazing for one month, then faded out in August
>>
>>31731054
You're acting like regulars to this board are any better. Stable Go, Shuffle and Duel threads going on. These people will play anything as long as it has Pokemon in the name.
>>
>>31731066
Pokemon would actually work just fine on mobile devices since turn based RPGs fit well on the platform, the problem is that phones are still overheating pieces of shit and the mobile marketplace encourages shitty P2W practices.
>>
>>31731067
Yes and no. GF, and to a more general extent, Nintendo, are trying to maintain relevancy with their target age groups. Basically, if a kid or adult has a smartphone and can buy cheap games on it, why bother spending more money on a gaming console and its more expensive games, for the same satisfaction?
>>
File: IMG_8412.jpg (104KB, 750x497px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8412.jpg
104KB, 750x497px
>>31731067
I guess. Those kids could think it's a hunk of junk and that the touchscreen isn't used for everything, so they lose satisfaction
>>
File: 084.png (298KB, 600x512px) Image search: [Google]
084.png
298KB, 600x512px
>we need to compete with mobile games by dumbing down our game on a console said audience probably doesn't even own
Never understood the logic. If a kid was playing mobile games, they'd be playing mobile games and not a fucking 3DS, so why dumb down 3DS games for a audience that isn't going to even pick up that console to begin with?
>>
>>31731101
But I suppose they're relying on parents and those who grew up with the classic Nintendo games to pass on those games to their youngsters. Unfortunately, most kids feel the need to have a smart phone now to be with the in-crowd, instead of a gaming console.
>>
>>31731136
I didn't even get a phone until 7th grade. Now, I see 3rd graders with iPhones larger then their heads
>>
>>31731125
Nintendo is bringing more of their IPs to mobile, I guess hoping that will intrigue those people to explore deeper and actually buy their game systems.

Unfortunately it won't work, because like I said, that demographic only needs short, brief periods of gameplay to feel the same satisfaction as a gamer who plays a 40-50 hour RPG.
>>
>>31731111
Nice quads
>>31731166
Or maybe it's so that they can get money from casuals using that while putting their effort into console games so that we'd buy their games.
>>
The more beta SM content I see and of Alola cucking Kalos out of the help it needed, the more I'm really tempted to start designing a fangame that will probably never reach the amount of daylight required to earn a DMCA or something.
>>
>>31731166
But why? I'd rather have fun grinding up to see my character be strong, or have my team with correct natures, abilities, IV's and EV's, then to have a game dumbed down. Pokémon go failed because it was driven on nostalgia, which can't keep a app afloat when it only offers one generation, and shotty programming
>>
>>31731186
*those games
>>
>>31731159
I didn't even want a cell phone, but my parents got me one when I was in high school, in case I stayed at school for extracurricular activities.

The reason you see that is because parents are introducing this technology to their little ones so early in life, they naturally pick up on it quickly. That, and they observe many adults, including their own parents, constantly glued to their phones every breathing minute, so they feel the need to join in when they get older.
>>
>>31731035
Except kids nowadays are dumber than kids 20 years ago.
>>
>>31731193
At this point, I'd want a fan game. Screw masuda since he has fucked everything up, and hasn't tied up the lose ends in these games. I want to know what's in the power plant or why zygarde is in alola
>>
File: IMG_7942.jpg (20KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7942.jpg
20KB, 500x500px
>>31731204
It's the autism from videos on YouTube. You know those pregnant Spider-Man/Elsa videos? That's what these kids are watching. It's pure autism that these kids are eating up at such a young age

>>31731197
See what I said above
>>
>>31731194
Nigga Go might be a shit game but you're deluded if you don't think it's making assloads of money. Sure it had a huge dropoff but even after that it's still making money lots of other apps could only dream of.
>>
>>31731194
Because you're not part of the mobile gaming demographic. You've probably grown up with videogames you're entire life, just like most of us here.

Even if you do play mobile games, you're more well-versed in gaming culture and don't fall for the scummy P2W tactics mobile games offer.
>>
>>31731218
Yeah, that is true. It did rack money, but fell off a cliff because it never added new content overtime
>>
>>31731224
I hate paying to win. I try to play them at times, but now you have lives and if you run out, it's wait for a timer or pay 99 cents to get back at it. That's what these company's do, and they get the suckers to buy into what they're selling
>>
File: 1484664097827.jpg (7KB, 300x180px) Image search: [Google]
1484664097827.jpg
7KB, 300x180px
>>31731241
Yeah it fell off a cliff but I'm pretty sure that's standard for mobile games like this. It's still in the top percentage of apps last I checked.

Go was a huge missed opportunity for sure, it could've been so much better. But saying it "failed" is just objectively wrong.
>>
>>31731217
>You know those pregnant Spider-Man/Elsa videos? That's what these kids are watching.
Let's add vlog and clickbaits, instagram / musically / choose any other cancer media and every kid doing anything to be popular.
>>
>>31731269
Don't forget political correctness.
>>
File: 1481347374781.gif (400KB, 532x534px) Image search: [Google]
1481347374781.gif
400KB, 532x534px
>>31731035
Times are a-changin', you guys gotta get used to it or stay bitter forever.

I just think it's funny whenever this topic comics up so many of you guys don't have the self-awareness to realize you're becoming that "old man yelling at clouds" stereotype.
>>
>>31731269
The way of these kids wanting to be internet famous makes me fear what they'll do. They're the next generation, and are they even going to get a real job?
>>
>>31731330
Now I don't give a shit about what job they get, be it that bullshit or an artist or anything else.
But if the next generation is gonna be making cringe for money I'm just gonna leave this realm .
>>
>>31731257
Thanks mr (((goldstein)))
>>
>>31731352
I actually could see that. Lord help us
>>
>>31731286
I definitely know I'm becoming that "old man yelling at clouds" stereotype lol
Assuming most of us in this thread are roughly around the same age group (20 -30) with a couple outliers, then we are the group unconsciously affected by the events of 9/11 as kids; it made us grow up with the harsh reality of the world around us much sooner. Couple that with inferior technology at that time as well, and you've got a unique group.
Those younger than us (grade-school age and the like) were too young or just born after that event, and thus less affected emotionally and mentally, and live in their own little bubble, oblivious to the world around them.
>>
>>31731366
Assuming you're American and didn't join the military, I doubt you have any place talking about kids today living in bubbles. Let's be serious here, the only thing 9/11 did for most of us here is that we had a moment of silence in our schools, some fun years of hypernationalist crap and lots and lots of taxpayer money going to wasteful ventures. Otherwise, most of us probably had overall comfortable lives while terrible shit was going on on the other side of the Earth.

If anything kids have access to way more information today than we ever did, which itself can be a danger if kids aren't taught how to separate good and bad information (a skill even our adult populace is clearly lacking in). If they end up not knowing shit about anything that's on their parents.
>>
File: schubert.png (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
schubert.png
1MB, 1920x1080px
>>31731011
It's not the kids' fault. The "short attention span" meme is a complete misconception. Kids have always been able to do mundane shit for hours, either by grinding to 100 in gen 1 or nowadays by playing angry birds and watching hours of kinder egg openings on youtube. Give them good games, and they will play them.
>>
>>31731011
Wait, but don't kids also enjoy complex dynamic games like bioshock and the Witcher, or balanced competitive games like Overwatch? I think GF is to blame for this misconception that kids can't enjoy something unless its braindead easy. I actually don't see other franchises really doing this.
>>
>>31730960
Masuda isn't the director anymore so...
>>
It's probably a truck factory
Thread posts: 64
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.