[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>m-muh 20 hour cutscenes

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 2

File: cutscenes.png (63KB, 755x105px) Image search: [Google]
cutscenes.png
63KB, 755x105px
>m-muh 20 hour cutscenes
>>
>>31718979
do those videos include the constant black screens when opening a gate or walking in the wrong direction?
>>
People use the term "cutscenes" to describe all the annoying instances where you get stopped by one of the shitty Alola characters while you're trying to have fun.

Including the non-cinematic dialogues that happen every 20 ingame steps...
>>
>>31718994
This.
>>
>>31718994

considering that the game is already a linear fucking straight line where you barely have to interact with the overworld to get through it, it sure as hell feels like a cutscene. Considering that work went into camera angles for simple dialogue.

whether or not it fits the definition in this context doesn't really matter because the game is one big cutscene on rails that drags you along

it really is the shittiest pokemon game
>>
>>31719167
Nah XY is still worse. Even at those complaints
>>
>>31718988
Do loading screens count as cutscenes?
>>
>>31719167
wtf I hate story based games now
>>
XY > SM
>>
>>31718979
I agree, ORAS is shit too.
>>
>>31719224
Literally how
>>
>>31719229
In the "amount of fun I had while playing them"-department.
>>
>>31719229
It didn't have Lillie.
>>
>>31719239
>XY still forces a girl on you if you're a girl

Yeah both are pretty bad
>>
>>31719239
Shauna/Trevor/Tierno together are much worse than Lillie

Not to mention you didn't have anyone decent with you your entire journey that was competent or sucking your dick. Gladion is literally Lillie done right, in the same fucking game
>>
>>31719248
Shauna was a much better character than the shit Lillie was. At least she had a goal and worked towards that, also used Pokemon. She wasn't just Generic Waifubait #22342351
>>
>>31719267
I hated Shauna too.
>>
>>31719266
>Gladion is literally Lillie
Shit opinion. Speaking as someone who's never given a shit about characters in Pokemon before, Lillie was a character done perfectly. Gladion was good, but not even close.
>>
>>31719277
Gladion is a better character than babysitting-adventures-the-character
>>
>>31719304
It's one thing if you don't like a character who doesn't fight, but another thing to call it bad. Her reasons for not fighting were completely justified, and that made her becoming a trainer at the end all the more better. Her not fighting made her unique as a character and was a refreshing change to see a prominent character in Pokemon that isn't a Trainer, yet still manages to be great.
>>
>>31719277
Lillie and Gladion were both good characters but their individual stories are essentially the same thing but they walk different paths to overcome it their way.
>>
>>31719318
That bitch was still completely helpless and annoying...
>>
>>31719318
Her character development was alright, but one of the things I hated was by default forcing her to have a crush on me. Like, does gamefreak like lesbians that much to do this 2 games in a fucking row?
>>
Tfw you like the cutscenes and character development
>>
>>31719267
>Shauna
>Oh player-kun, I'll never be as good as you. You're so strong unlike me, please dick me.
>Never changes
>Only useful for unlocking a door before running away
>Lillie
>Player-kun you're really strong and independent, I wish to become like you.
>Becomes stronger and more independent before heading off on her own to a different region to help her mother
>Holds the box legend all game and is basically the main character
Sure we could have done with less talking in SM (and XY for that matter) but the XY characters are just so poorly written that it's hard to say any character is worse than them.
>>
File: ba1.png (467KB, 618x728px) Image search: [Google]
ba1.png
467KB, 618x728px
>>31719341
Except they made it clear that that wasnt the case
>>
>>31719351
I do too, it's better than LOL just beat the league lol
oh and some evil team does shit here and there but yeah league
>>
>>31719362
I'm pretty sure she was going for a kiss before the credits. Anybody can see that a mile away that it was 100% crush.
>>
>>31719327
Kind of, I guess. To me, Lillie's arc seemed about her breaking free from Lusamine's control, all thanks to you, and saving Nebby. After that is out of the way, she gains a new goal of saving her mother and departs on a journey for that. Gladion's thing was more about accepting other people. Unlike Lillie, who had so many people around her in just 3 months, Gladion remained alone for 2 years. His arc consists of working with others for the first time to help her sister, who he feels bad about abandoning. His development was also mainly pushed by you and Hau, so I guess that's a similar thing.

>>31719362
>taking the obvious bait
>>
>>31719199
>Nah XY is still worse.
You can say that again. At least in SM the times you get stopped usually had to do with the story, in XY you got stopped just is much for no reason at all.
>>
>>31718979
How did the content makers define cutscenes?

If they included only the well animated cinematic ones like Lillie being chased down by Team Aether then it's not much of a surprise. Sun/Moon has unfortunately a lot of very frequent mini-cutscenes that are tedious and annoying .
>>
>>31719362
Only yurifags pretens their was anything romantic for the girl route.

>>31719386
Though I like Lillie, I resonated a lot more with Gladion, because he's so relatable in the weirdest sense. He wants to care for his best friend and keep him safe so rejects others and doesn't trust anyone, thinking he needs to become an edgy asshole. And its adorable because he's just like a kid his age. But when he comes to trust you, you see he's a really sweet guy and most of his team is made with a lot of love.
>>
>>31719351
I love them too. A story I'm invested in, even a simple one, makes me play and enjoy a game much more than anything else. At its core, Pokemon is just the same battles over and over again. Most of it is hardly ever any challenge, so it isn't exactly keeping me on edge like a game like Monster Hunter would. SM was the game I enjoyed the most simply because of the story, and I looked forward to cutscenes and saw them as a reward after every few battles.
>>
>>31719445
>"Only yurifags pretens their was anything romantic for the girl route."

Except yes there fucking was. Before the fireworks interrupt her she was all "I-i'm going to..." and approaching you. Going to what? Is there ANYTHING ELSE that shit could have been? Because as a girl player, that is fuckin' gay.
>>
Bullshit the ending cutscene cutscene alone is 20 minutes
>>
>>31719529
Yes, I'm going to Kanto. Which she does. Without telling you. Clearly she was trying to tell you about it, but missed her chance.
>>
>>31719415

wrong. Played through XY a second time this week and flew through it. There's nowhere near the amount of stalling as SM.
>>
>>31719529
>"I-i'm going to..."
leave you
>>
>>31719570
reading comprehension
>>
>>31719199
Nah. SM are definitely the worst games in nearly every aspect.
>>
>>31719374
She was trying to tell you she was going to Kanto, anon
>>
>>31718979
SM is a very different game than the ones that the gen 1-4 fans are used to, likely due to the different system and changing nature of games.

Most notably, plot wise.
SM has a very plot focused singleplayer, focusing on the development of the characters and story through events such as Po town, the cosmog and Aether lines, etc.
Older pokemon titles had what are commonly known as "excuse plots," which are not necessarily a bad thing, as the minimal, undeveloped nature of the plot allows players to interpret more and project their own personalities and character types onto the blank slate characters in the game, since the only form of existing characterization is usually a single quote and the way they look. Similar examples include the original 2 Etrian Odyssey titles.
SM's established characters and emphasized plot rubbed fans that enjoyed having excuse plots the wrong way, as there is very little that one can project or interpret onto characters that have existing, developed personalities and the straight line plot is extremely contrasting to the open ended plot of older titles.

They are two extremely different methods but neither make any of the Pokemon titles bad games, just appealing to different audiences.
>>
Remember how much people hated FFXIII for doing the same thing that SM is doing?

Why the double standard?
>>
You're trying to argue cutscenes on "babbies first rpg - the board". Most of these spasts can't sit still for more than a minute.
>>
>>31719341
>2 games in a row
There was a first?
Thread posts: 45
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.