[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Today, pokken tournament has died

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 12

File: IMG_1941.jpg (45KB, 438x370px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1941.jpg
45KB, 438x370px
Let us mourn for our loss

Fondest memory, how bright it's future was, mechanics that could have been better or changed, characters you would have loved to see, ect.
>>
>>31710653

F
>>
Until the Switch version with the new arcade pokemon.
>>
File: muscle hustle.png (799KB, 1280x800px) Image search: [Google]
muscle hustle.png
799KB, 1280x800px
>>31710653
>characters you would have loved to see
I wanted tag teams to be a thing
>>
Good
>>
File: IMG_3394.png (72KB, 726x590px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3394.png
72KB, 726x590px
>>31710653
>>
wait how does a game like this die
>>
>>31710653

It had a good run.

O who am I kiddin, no it didn't.

>everyone thinks its shit because of its EVO performance
>Nintendo dropped the WiiU like a bad habbit
>Bamco won't release the characters/update
>it's a bitch and a half to set up.

I would have liked to see a Pokken Tournament 2 but that aint happening.
>>
File: pokken fighters.png (57KB, 338x219px) Image search: [Google]
pokken fighters.png
57KB, 338x219px
>>31710653
I would have loved to see golurk, bellossom, meloetta, kangaskhan, hitmontop, raichu, gallade, lickilicky, sandslash, decidueye, beedrill,, ditto, hariyama, snorlax, or keldeo, in future installments.

Stuff like double battles would have been awesome too. but now that it's abandoned, viewed as public enemy #1, despised by nearly everyone and now on death's row, it's probably better to forget it ever existed.

Now I know the monkey's paw effect of wishing for a pokemon fighting game
>>
>>31710700
>Pokken: Tag Team Tournament
>tfw never
>>
File: 1467308605531.jpg (116KB, 740x642px) Image search: [Google]
1467308605531.jpg
116KB, 740x642px
>>31711865
It would be such a perfectly fitting idea too, switching Pokemon is a big part of battling
>>
>>31710653
>Full of furfag mons and pandering
>Tried to be unique but failed
Glad it's finally dead.
>>
File: kRWg8b.png (1MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
kRWg8b.png
1MB, 1280x720px
>MFW the only poekmon I wanted playable was Sceptile, and I got it
>MFW my nephew broke my Wii U gamepad controller, and didn't have enough money to buy a new one at the time
>MFW I know I need to wait for the Switch for my money
>MFW I hope that it get at EVO to generate some hype in hopes of a Pokken port/sequel on Switch
>MFW it's not happening

Feels bad man.
>>
>>31710653
Remove everything that makes it different from other fighting games except the Pokemon.
>>
>>31711924
>Full of furfag mons and pandering
>putting in the most popular Pokemon is pandering to furfags

Holy projection.
>>
>>31711968
>Remove everything that makes it different from other fighting games
so you want it to be a clone of street fighter/tekken instead of trying new and unique things? do you not remember the fighting game saturation from the late 90s and 2000s?
>>
It died literally right after it launched and got completely abandoned.

Today was just the day the corpse got cremated after just sitting out in the open for as long as it did.
>>
>>31712008
It's not what I want, but it's what would sell and not get shit on unless they really fuck it up.
>>
>>31711976
Shadow Mewtwo was not necessary.
>>
>>31710774
if it didn't require 2 wii u's to play, none of those other factors would matter.
>>
>>31712132

the bad EVO performance would have still mattered. People think that Pokken meta is still heavily in favor of zoners and that rushdown characters are completely unviable.
>>
>>31711976
>Braixen
>Garchomp
>popular with anyone but furfags
>>
what happened?
>>
>>31712191
>Garchomp
>furfaggotry
holy projection
>>
>>31712203
What happened is that Mahvelfags are being cancerous and not letting Pokken receive spotlight in EVO. Fuck Mahvel.
>>
Why is it dead exactly?
>>
File: IMG_0220.jpg (21KB, 250x238px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0220.jpg
21KB, 250x238px
>>31712191
>seriously implying Garchomp isn't popular because of how great it is in battle

This is bait, right?
>>
>>31712220
>Thank Arceus for Mahvel.
Ftfy
>>
File: absolutely phazon.gif (1MB, 300x200px) Image search: [Google]
absolutely phazon.gif
1MB, 300x200px
>>31712241
>Thank Arceus
>>
>>31712191

>he thinks Garchomp doesn't have some popularity with people

t.Barneylover
>>
>>31712220
This is Mahvel's last year. Mahvel has been played at EVO before it was fucking called EVO. Fuck no, no one wants to see that slow ass dogshit at EVO, almost certainly only going to be played by people here for only 1 game, another fucking kids game, etc, over fucking Marvel. I don't even know how you guys convinced yourselves that you would even be allowed to get close to winning at the end, to be honest.
>>
>>31712191
Did you not see how many people were wonder trading Gible in pre-Bank SM? It was right below Route 1 shimons and Abra.
>>
>>31712175
Well that's just a perception that could have been changed with more exposure, plenty of fighting games have that kind of problem at first. Everyone thought Dhalsim was overpowered during the first few months of sf5, for example.
But no one has enough passion for Pokken to actually deal with the ridiculous effort required to set it up so we'll never be able to know for sure.
>>
>>31712331
How hard is it to set up two Wii Us and two TVs?
>>
>>31712364
Not that hard, but it's literally twice as much effort as any other game. Ridiculous was an overstatement on my part, but my point stands that no one cares enough about the game to do it.
>>
>>31712389
Sort of related, but wouldn't it have the same problem if a Switch version was made?
>>
File: Combee by KC Green.png (77KB, 591x868px) Image search: [Google]
Combee by KC Green.png
77KB, 591x868px
if they put Combee in the game it would have won.
>>
File: 1485843959257.png (110KB, 429x410px) Image search: [Google]
1485843959257.png
110KB, 429x410px
>>31712191
braixen is the best design of gen6 imo and I'm not a furry.
why do furries get to "claim" pokes and other characters by flaunting their degeneracy everywhere.

can't even like or play an antropomorphic character without fear of getting associated with these fucks.
>>
>>31712191
garchomp doesn't even have fur
>>
>>31712410
Maybe it would be less of a problem because Switches will probably be way more ubiquitous, but yeah they would need to make another one that just works like Tekken, or ANY OTHER FIGHTING GAME, so you only need 1 setup per game.
>>
Serious question from someone who doesn't play fighting games, why does the FGC even exist? There's not a general FPS community. or a general RTS community, or general racing game community or whatever the fuck. The only reason a general fighting game community would make any sense is if all the individual game communities got along and had significant overlap, but that doesn't seem to be the case since FGC fags are always shitting on games that deviate too much from Street Fighter or attract an a demographic other than people who play Capcom fighting games. See all the shitposting about Smash and whether it's a fighting game and how it attracts Nintendo fans instead of fighting game fans. If they're going to act like that, then why not just have individual communities for individual games or publishers or whatever like every other genre instead of trying to force everyone together into the same community and tournaments.
>>
>>31710653
what appened?
>>
File: Bag-of-Cash.jpg (31KB, 250x280px) Image search: [Google]
Bag-of-Cash.jpg
31KB, 250x280px
>>31712625
More people together = more money pooled
>>
>>31712649
Game got left in a shitty state after the 1.3 patch. Characters getting needlessly nerfed, bugs left unpatched, no DLC characters to keep parity with arcade version...

What else do you need to get that it's fucking DEAD?
>>
>>31712625
The communities which could be defined as the FGC are mostly capcom and arksys games. The reason for that is that there IS significant enough overlap between player bases for all those games to warrant a cohesive community. Most FGC majors don't include games like Mortal Kombat and Smash bros because those communities are very distinct, EVO has them because it's the biggest fighting game tournament of the year that's not organized by a publisher, so it tries to get more people on board (and to make a lot of money). It's very prudent for them to do this because the people who play Smash, or MK usually ONLY play those games, so they're getting a lot of people registering who would never show up otherwise.
>>
>>31712295
Last year was Marvel's last year, everybody was saying that ChrisG winning was poetic and shit.
>>
>>31712226

Couldn't make it to EVO.
>>
File: Kek.jpg (54KB, 600x505px) Image search: [Google]
Kek.jpg
54KB, 600x505px
>Post YFW Harada and Nintendo dump this shit game and cuck all dem Nintenbabbies.
>>
>>31710653
>pokken tournament has died
what did he mean by this?
>>
>>31711865
>>31711905
right?
Thread posts: 50
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.