[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So what exactly makes it a numale?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 5

File: decidueye.png (145KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
decidueye.png
145KB, 500x500px
So what exactly makes it a numale?
>>
>>31709638
the contrarians here hate how it is by far the most popular starter so they resort to edgy /pol/ memes that don't even make sense in this context.

So don't expect a legit answer from them
>>
>>31709638
The fact that it's not baracat and it's the most popular starter of the gen.
>>
>>31709638
It tries to be cool and chivalrous but is actually a faggot.
>>
>>31709721
so like 4chan in general
>>
>>31709721
>chivalrous
>attacks foes unawares by sneaking around or striking from a distance
So what you're saying is you're retarded?
>>
>>31709638
It looks ugly.
>>
>>31709738
>4chan
>chivalrous

hello newfriend
>>
>>31709696

How are we even sure of who's the most popular starter

Incineroar is top pick in Refresh at least on the website, but beyond that... Some Twitter poll shows... forgot who was on first place, but Incineroar was last.

Besides that, there isn't exactly a conclusive poll or way that can help us determine well enough of who's really the most picked/favorite of the three.
>>
What does bara mean
>>
>>31709768
4chan acts chivalrous when all we do is shitpost on an imageboard for a Chinese monster franchise
>>
>>31709801
>Chinese
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>31709691
>most popular starter
>owlfags are THIS delusional
>>
>>31709801
I don't think you know what chivalry means.
>>
>>31709780
Incineroar being the most popular in Refresh is just anecdotal evidence. We don't know what percentage of the player base actually uses Refresh. All that statistic really tells us is that trainers who picked Litten as their starter tend to use Refresh more
>>
>>31709825
there is a world outside of /vp/ you know.

we are full of furries contrarian and shitposters.

Almost everyone I know IRL picked the owl. The owl has won every online poll everywhere outside of /vp/. It even won /vp/ polls until the same poll was posted so much most people stopped giving a shit allowing Litten to edge by.
>>
>>31709638
Incineroar is masculine
Primarina is feminine
Decidueye is genderfluid
>>
>>31709691
>>31709696
It's not even THAT much more popular than the other two. Primarina is as popular in japan, Incineroar is the first on refresh. Don't get me wrong, Decidueye is the most popular, but not at a Greninja level where it should get hate because of its popularity.
>>
File: 1485060416116.png (20KB, 493x313px) Image search: [Google]
1485060416116.png
20KB, 493x313px
>>31709862
Well, not EVERY poll
>>
>>31709865
Really warms up the ol' thinking muscle.
>>
>>31709887
>Inciniroar can't win even in the country of shit taste

kek
>>
>>31709875
I think delphox and chesnaught are ugly as shit, but part of me wonders if that was intentional. Like, they designed greninja before the other two, KNEW they were going to shill the shit out of it, but made sure its competition was nonexistent just to be sure it became popular. Really fires up the neurons.
>>
>>31709954
They started making Greninja in smash before the release of XY

They knew what they were doing
>>
>>31709954
I still like them, but I totally get what you mean. I think they did the opposite this generation, they really balanced them out well. (and Greninja is STILL GF's favorite even in this gen lol)
>>
>>31709964
IIRC, Sakurai was told to include a gen 6 mon but he was allowed to choose which one.

Guess Sakurai just has good taste.
>>
>>31709915
>"B-buh Incineroar was designed with the japanese market in mind! They love Tiger Mask!"
>They hate Incineroar even more than the West
>>
>>31710008
I think Incineroar is doing well in the west though. Japs think it was made to appeal the Western audience.
>>
>>31709844
Wait, so twitter polls are ok, but Pokemon Refresh a real game feature is "anecdotal" ?

That's kinda dumb.
>>
>>31709815
how fucking new are you?
>>
>>31710131
He used the wrong word, but the rest of his post stands.
>>
It smell like Siracha sauce and is awkward around women. that's why.

>>31709784
How new are you? Bro, you gotta be a filthy virgin weeb to post here, otherwise you won't fit in. Turn the safe search off and Bing search Bara if you don't know.
it's Japanese for big gay idiots
>>
>>31710170
I fail to see how...not all the Pokemon players use twitter especially since its a kid game.
>>
>>31710217
Then I guess no poll will ever show anything since it's not going to reach everyone who plays pokemon.
>>
>>31710067
>Game Freak makes Incineroar
>Description and essentially the design itself lends to having been inspired by Tiger Mask, which is a famous cultural hero in Japan

>Japanese people think Incineroar is meant to appeal to the Western folk

Either Japan hardly/barely remembers Tiger Mask or they couldn't give half of a shit about this supposed tribute, enough to consider it appealing to the Western folk due to expectations being anything other than anything that stands.

>Game Freak assuming Japanese will fall for the Tiger Mask tribute in hopes for it to become popular

Was their fallacy altogether. Alas, it got more attention overseas (whether unintended or not) due to wrestling associations, but at the same time, doesn't guarantee everyone to like the tiger because of it, but rather, on whether they like the wrestling association itself.
>>
>>31710325
>Either Japan hardly/barely remembers Tiger Mask or they couldn't give half of a shit about this supposed tribute, enough to consider it appealing to the Western folk due to expectations being anything other than anything that stands.

I'm not surprised at all. Tiger Mask is old. Just because it was popular with the older generation doesn't mean the modern generation will give a shit about it.
>>
>it's another "muh popular starter" thread with unofficial polls and assumptions.
Get your fucking shit together. If you have to justify liking a mon by a shitty rigged poll maybe consider the fact that you don't really like it that much
>>
>>31710361
>>31710325
Japs think it was designed with Americans in mind because they love Tony the Tiger
>>
>>31710246
Well a poll can be good, but why would you take an unofficial poll on twitter rather than officials numbers on an official feature in an official game ?
>>
>>31710479
By "they" do you mean Japs or Americans?
>>
>>31710505
Because as pointed out in that anon's post,
>All that statistic really tells us is that trainers who picked Litten as their starter tend to use Refresh more
>>
>>31710519
Ok but why, we don't use you reasonning the other way ?
>All that statistic really tells us is that trainers who picked [insert favorite starter of the poll] as their starter tend to use [insert the name of the poll/social media] more

That's a real question tho, not trying to troll.
>>
File: chaikaweb.gif (1MB, 500x540px) Image search: [Google]
chaikaweb.gif
1MB, 500x540px
>>31709638
Nothing.
>Step 1.
The same type of people who samefag console wars on /v/ do starter wars on /vp/.
One retard bursts in and makes absurd insults, hurling around buzzwords and calling things shit, when in all likelyhood they don't care at all. This is typically known as "falseflagging."
>Step 2.
Said poster then either samefags or idiots take the bait and assume he is being genuine, then attribute the phrases they used or the attitude they expressed to all people who like or dislike that thing.

>example of someone who is genuine
I like Decidueye/Primarina/Incineroar and I don't really have a strong opinion on the other two starters/I like the other two starters/dislike the other two starters. (Favorite) is pretty cool and I enjoyed using it in game.
>example of falseflag
Wow, what, mad that trannyseal/furfaggotry are less cool than the infinitely cool decidueye? Just shows your objectively shit taste fag it'll always be more popular and better in every way so go cry somewhere else retard.

See the difference? The latter one is why these idiotic insults plague the starters or the fans of them.
>>
File: fug.png (95KB, 302x205px) Image search: [Google]
fug.png
95KB, 302x205px
>>31710519
>>All that statistic really tells us is that trainers who picked Litten as their starter tend to use Refresh more
Who wouldn't play with Incineroar in refresh more? It's great.
>>
>>31710604
This basically. The best you can do is either just ignore them and stop feeding there ego or just avoid starter threads in general (which is honestly the best solution). Why do people put so much emotional effort in these things is beyond me.
>>
>>31710604

Shh, you're making it sound like all of /vp/ is retarded.

I ain't saying we're all retarded, but
>>
>>31710557
Because a poll on an open platform such as social media is more likely to result in a random sample than using a feature of the game.

Basically it's about eliminating other variables. "Using Refresh" is a variable that could potentially influence the results as it favors howor why people play pokemon, wheras "Using Twitter" will have no impact on how or why people play Pokemon. Is it possible that the twitter polls are wrong? Absolutely, especially if it comes from a small sample or a close group who tend to like similar things (re-introducing sampling bias). The Ideal way to analyse this would be to do a meta study where we take many polls from various social media platforms and sum the results, to help remove the bias from any individual poll's sample.
>>
>>31710154
How new are you that you dont even realize this is a Taiwanese Knitting Forum?
>>
>>31710622
Closeted homosexuals, people who haven't caught them all.
>>
>>31710694
I would agree if it was not for Pokemon.
Pokemon is a kid game and i'm not sure that the variable "Roaming freely on internet/Social media" is an accurate variable for this poll.

Then again i can also be an old fuck and maybe nowadays kids actually use social media alot
>>
>>31710765
>And maybe nowadays kids actually use social media a lot

More than you realize.
>>
Pokemon Sun and Moon Starter Pokemon poll was recently held on Twitter by Nintendo America. The poll asked fans which of the three starter Pokemon – Grass- and Flying-type Pokémon Rowlet, Fire-type Litten, and Water-type Popplio, they like the best and will likely play with.

The community voted and casted over 54,000 votes to determine the winner. From the 54,000 votes, 38% went to fire-type Pokemon Litten, 21% votes nominated water-type Pokemon Popplio but with 41% votes grass and flying-type Pokemon Rowlet was chosen as the winner.
>>
>>31710894
Are you stuck in the past or something? That was after the first trailer
>>
>>31710894
>May 2016
>Recently
>>
>>31709638
It looks like it wears glasses. Glasses were invented by nu-males to help identify each other
>>
File: ebin archerrer xd.png (15KB, 772x475px) Image search: [Google]
ebin archerrer xd.png
15KB, 772x475px
Thread posts: 55
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.