[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: moments the games caught you off-guard.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 5

File: sneakylizard.png (14KB, 349x507px) Image search: [Google]
sneakylizard.png
14KB, 349x507px
>playing Sun
>fire trial coming up
>briefly look up the Totem, see it's Poison/Fire
>"I should get a type that can resist both and be super effective against it"
>go out of my way to catch Mareanie
>make it to Totem Salazzle
>Salazzle used Toxic! Mareanie was badly poisoned!
>"Wait, what was--"
>get swept
>>
File: 1484551940824.jpg (19KB, 720x405px) Image search: [Google]
1484551940824.jpg
19KB, 720x405px
>>31707511
>getting swept in SuMo
>>
>>31707616
I almost did by Hapu.

They're was a pretty jarring level spike on the last island and admittedly my team was full of slow ground weak mons
>>
>>31707616
I got swept by Lurantis once and by Hau once
>>
>>31707657
Hapu came as a shock to me.
I knew she specialized in ground types, so I thought my Tsareena and Wishiwashi could sweep her with no effort. What I didn't expect was for her to have a fucking Flygon (who only takes normal damage from water and grass) and Gastrodon (who resists water). And that was all before dealing with her Mudsdale and its goddamn Stamina.
>>
>>31707616
>SuMo
>>
>>31707511
>wasted my Z move on mimikyu because I forgot it's ability
>fucker then proceeds to beat the shit out of all my pokemon
the only time I legit really got close to fucked before the elite 4 where I almost lose
ALMOST
>>
>>31707616
stop saying that
>>
>>31707511
>Going through a cave
>One of those crystal fairy things appear
>It cries for help after I hit it once
>Sableye appears
>It attacks the other wild pokemon
Shit caught me off-guard
>>
File: gemz.gif (260KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
gemz.gif
260KB, 500x500px
>>31708169
It's gotta have a good meal
>>
File: 1456353693947.jpg (70KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1456353693947.jpg
70KB, 640x480px
>>31707616
>SuMo
>>
> Hau swept my team once.
Normally the AI is pretty dumb, but that time it somehow knew that my A-Marowak had Lightning Rod and went for Psyshock.
But for other reasons I had to go back to last save, then I beat him easily.

> Almost got swept by Totem Mimikyu
Holy crap, that was a slaughter. Only reason it did not destroy everything I had was because of the Pokémon Refresh dodges.

The rest of the game was easy as hell, even though I kept Exp.Share off. Had some difficulty on the beggining of Poni Island, especially Hapu (some recovery items were needed), but that's it.
>>
>>31707511
>Lurantus became fully charged due to Power Herb

>Hau/Kahuna using Z-moves

>Allow Totem Vikavolt to get 3 charges because I think Inferno Overdrive would one-shot it
>Most of my mons are getting paralysed by the Charjabug, even on the turns where i heal them
>Salandit unleashes Inferno Overdrive
>Only takes it down to 40%
>Keep getting paralyzed and knocked out until i
send out Magnemite to try to get a burn with Tri-attack
>Find out that it wouldn't waste it's charge on Magnemite so it keep charging until it dies from burn
>Lycanrock used Stealth Rock
>Braviary use Tailwind
>Kukui withdrew Snorlax!
>Kukui sent out Dicidueye!
>Tsareena kept going and crashed

>Team is in poor shape right before the battle tree because I thought there would be a Pokemon Center there and I was running low on items
>Red&Blue
>Barely beat Red
>>
File: Guzma.png (118KB, 396x241px) Image search: [Google]
Guzma.png
118KB, 396x241px
>>31707511
>I got Skull'd in there hideout
>>
>>31707616
I got swept by Dexio
I forgot Mega zam had trace and it traced beast boost
>>
>>31707511
>never lost a battle in SM
Feels good to be good.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.