[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What went wrong?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 4

File: dhelmise.png (2KB, 345x103px) Image search: [Google]
dhelmise.png
2KB, 345x103px
What went wrong?
>>
>>31706938

No Synthesis tutor yet.
>>
>>31706938
Absolute fucking idiots giving it enough usage even though it's shit.
>>
>Dhelmise Rank
TOP FUCKING KEK
>>
>>31706938
source?
>>
>>31707249
http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/sm-uu-viability-ranking-thread.3595093/
>>
What exactly is bad about it?
>>
>>31706938
>>31707709
It's not bad, but it's completely outclassed by Decidueye and Tsareena
>>
>>31707751
>b-but muh numale
>>
>>31707751
>Decidueye
how? on paper Dhelmise always looked better
>>
>>31707751

Decidueye plays a different role. Its most common set after the Baton Pass ban is a Swords Dance trapping set with Decidium Z.

As for Tsareena, it also gets Rapid Spin, but it has recovery, so it outclasses Dhelmise.

Dhelmise simply has no niche in UU. Latias, Starmie, Togekiss, Mantine, Empoleon, etc. are all better hazard removers.
>>
>>31708528

In practice though, Decidueye has access to both Synthesis and Roost for recovery, Sucker Punch, and U-turn.

Dhelmise gets worn down incredibly easily.
>>
>>31707291
>Make a joke about Dhelmise being so bad it needs its own rank
>Threaten to ban anybody who mentions the joke
>>
>>31708918
Discussion on Rank D mons is always forbidden, the joke has nothing to do with it
>>
>>31709165
Why is the UU chat room so easily triggered? Or just the discussion section in general.
>>
This proves yet again that /vp/ knows nothing about the meta.
>>
>>31706938
still UU
>>
>>31709226
It's largely because there are so many casual players who think they could do it better but are actually clueless, that they need to shut that down quickly or the whole forum becomes idiots spouting unfounded opinions.
>>
File: Rotating Owl.gif (747KB, 408x172px)
Rotating Owl.gif
747KB, 408x172px
>>31706938
>baratony so shit it's not even ranked
feels good man
>>
>>31709294
It won't survive RU even, it will land in PU and stay there even when it's shitty HA is released. Primatranny is gonna drop soon too. Screencap this Bara and Trannyseal fags
>>
Why do people still care what Smogon thinks in this day and age?
>>
>>31709346
Owl will drop soon too, anon. In fact all of the starters and many good mons will drop eventually because that's the nature of meta
>>
>>31709373
Because their format is the most balanced out of all formats and their higher ranks have a far better understanding of the game than pretty much anybody else. Even if you don't care about Smogon their guidelines are still an excellent way to understand what's good and what isn't.
>>
>>31709346
Primarina wont drop, it's got some good sets that cement it fairly well into UU. Besides, UU is hungry for offensive fairies with all these dark, dragon, and fighting types everywhere.
>>
>>31709346
Buffcat's HA is significantly better and less situational than the other starters'. Just because Intimidate is somewhat common and an older ability doesn't make it bad. It's literally one of three reasons why Mega Manectric sees as much usage as it does.
>>
>>31709373
Because what alternitive is there?
VGC is one of the most stale metas out there that continuously manages to get worse every gen, and other than Smogon and VGC I can't think of another format.
>>
Let's see. Let's see. Shit load of weaknesses. Shitty speed stat. Too many Pokemon that it is weak to are in the tier.

Decidueye only has its use because it can trap something it can stay in on with Spirit Shackle, set up with Swords Dance, and then nuke the opponent to death with Sinister Arrow Raid. It's a bit niche, but it has a use.
>>
>>31709266
Sounds like /vp/
>>
File: Untitled.png (20KB, 213x509px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
20KB, 213x509px
The real question is what the fuck went wrong here?
>>
>>31709467
What are the other two? Speed and volt switch?
>>
File: 1479770814208.gif (158KB, 250x205px) Image search: [Google]
1479770814208.gif
158KB, 250x205px
>>31709661
Power creep happened. Sad but it happens every gen.

>>31709706
Yes. Two things baracat won't ever have :^)
>>
>>31709731
>Two things baracat won't ever have :^)

He has U-turn, which is better than Volt Switch because nothing is immune to it
>>
>>31709165
I don't understand why it's forbidden to discuss them. Does that mean that anything that's RU/NU by usage can't be talked about as well? What possible benefit comes from preventing discussion about a certain mon?

I don't understand the point of a viability list either. This isn't a fighting game. The usability of something highly depends on meta trends and team composition.
>>
>>31709805
>I don't understand why it's forbidden to discuss them

Because they're shit and have no niche in the tier
>>
>>31709764
ok, but u-turn is resisted by how many types?

also how fast is incineroar?
Manetric-M has base 135 speed .
>>
>>31709661
Bisharp on S rank and mega aerodactyl on A+.

Why?, whats different about them in XY?
>>
>>31709805
D rank pokemon are completely outclassed and have no niche in the tier, but get enough usage to not drop. Sometimes they are kept in the tier on purpose by users, which can be a real problem since the tier below could use them better. Overall, discussion on D rank mons is awful and pointless.
>>
>>31709893
>ok, but u-turn is resisted by how many types?

That's irrelevant, you don't use U-turn for the damage, you use it to give one of your other mons a safe switch-in.
>>
>>31709906
>whats different about Bisharp in XY?
He was OU
>>
>>31709893
The fun thing about Volt Switch and U-Turn is that they're used differently depending on whether the pokemon using them is fast or slow.
>>
>>31709951

Yep

Fast Pokemon: Get off some damage while fleeing
Slow Pokemon: The damage is irrelevant, going last means that your teammate gets to switch in for free
>>
>>31709479
Confirmed for not knowing what happens in VGC and just look at the top 8 of past formats.
>>
>>31709918
Whether or not a conversation is moot or pointless should be between the person starting it and the people discussing it. If you don't feel something is worth talking about then just don't reply to it.

Banning discussion doesn't promote anything healthy. In fact, it does the opposite, because players without the experience may question why something is ranked so low and not be able to ask why.
>>
>>31709998
Then show me what happens nigga. If what I've seen is wrong I want to know.
>>
>>31709906
More strong stuff exists now.
>>
>>31706938
>smogon
opinion dismissed
go back to your forums and stop advertising your fansite on this board, smogon stopped being reliable and relevant with the end of gen 4
>>
>>31706938
That ability is fucking SHIT. Especially for a defensive Pokemon.

The fuck were they thinking. This shit should've been Grass/Steel with a better ability. Why make it the same type as the fucking starter?
>>
>>31708538
Can anybody provide a specific set for this Decidium Z Decidueye? I can't find it anywhere
>>
>>31711840
Probably just adamant max speed/attack with SD, leaf blade, shackle, and sucker. Don't use it in OU, though.
>>
>>31711066
When I first saw it, not knowing anything about the game yet, I thought it was water/steel. Grass/ghost is fucking retarded.
>>
They fucked up by giving it that same awful typing that did Gourgeist and Trevenat little good defensively.
>>
>>31709346
this is why nobody likes owlfags
>>
>>31712594
You just can't tell falseflagging, can you?
>>
>>31706938
>Steelworker
Basically a great ability given to a grass/ghost ??? That thing would be terrifying as Steel/Ghost but that would be Aegislash 2.0
Thread posts: 54
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.