[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Alright fuckers. So Sun and Moon got me back in. I bought Sun,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

File: taeshi_livingdex.jpg (1MB, 2000x2109px) Image search: [Google]
taeshi_livingdex.jpg
1MB, 2000x2109px
Alright fuckers.

So Sun and Moon got me back in. I bought Sun, VC Red, and a Bank subscription.

I figure between battling achieving this "Living Dex" concept is a nice goal to aim for, but I've been out since Gen 4.

I guess I'm going to need access to more games or trade a bitchton in order to get the whole eight hundred however many.

What's your go-to strategy? Besides injecting that is, while I have nothing against injectors for battling purposes, I'm here to use the game in order to play it and give myself something to do with it, injecting draws away from that.

Do you think I'll need to buy any of the other games or should I be able to get this accomplished just with what I have?
>>
File: 1416537740329.gif (400KB, 400x240px) Image search: [Google]
1416537740329.gif
400KB, 400x240px
>>31705569
Search for what you don't have on the GTS; if unable to find them you could request them instead. Certain mons trade very easily/fast like item trade evolution (Scizor/Slowking/Porygons) and Ultra Beasts. You could also breed a bunch of starters/rare mons and try your luck with trading them away.
>>
>>31705569
pretty sure you can fill out the entire dex with the gen 6 games alone
>>
Apparently you can get all non-event Pokemon between XY/ORAS, including SM should be a definite. I was making a livingdex in ORAS but lost my cartridge, luckily I still had some dupes and shit in my Bank.

My strategy has been catch all the Pokemon in SM (301 available now unless Magearna QR code has expired), then bring over from bank, and then go through and catch shit in XY/ORAS to bring over to SM and then breed the line. If you only have 1 of either version, use GTS for the exclusives.
>>
File: 1483088128712.jpg (38KB, 750x679px) Image search: [Google]
1483088128712.jpg
38KB, 750x679px
____ ______ ___
>>
>>31705569
If you have X, Y, OmegaRuby, AlphaSapphire, Sun and Moon you can get literally every single Pokémon in existence, including all alternate forms. Or just one of either X/Y, OR/AS and S/M, and you can trade yourself to the version-exclusives easily.

The only ones you'd be missing are the event-exclusives. But they will probably get re-released again soon. Or you can just trade yourself to them.
>>
>>31705586
Forgot to add - there is a search field at the bottom of the GTS Alphabet list that lets you type in stuff you haven't seen.

>>31705591
This is possible afaik but I believe some were exclusive to the Friend Safari which is essentially dead in Gen 7.
>>
i had white lying around so i got OR which compliments it well (you can get tornadus and resh/zek between these two...cheaper than getting ORAS)
>>
do people store every evolution of a line or just the final forms?
>>
>>31705586
I've got some battle tree money sitting around, and I've got two boxes of Charmanders to see if they might get me some luck.

Trading for legendaries is going to be a task though. You know I hadn't thought of it, but now that I have Bank, keeping my save kinda doesn't matter. I might just Bank my competitives, then slash my save and work up to the UB's/Tapus and use them to get legendaries and events on the GTS.
>>
>>31705634
Living Dex implies it includes every number of the (National) Pokedex, allowing you to autocomplete the dex by transferring over from game/bank.
>>
>>31705637
Wait, no, I can't just slash my save, because I can't send items to the bank.

...Guess it's time to get Moon as a disposable/recycling game?
>>
>>31705637
That's not a bad idea if you don't mind the cutscenes that are Gen 7. Generally stuff trades better if it is in a rare ball (Apricorn/Safari/Dream/Sport)
>>
>>31705647
>Sport
Does this crappy shitball still exist? Gee
>>
>>31705647
Alright, starters as trading fodder.

Let's assume:
* Gen 1 has access to Bank directly.(VC RBY)
* Gen 2 can be island scan
* Gen 3 has access to Bank (ORAS)
* Gen 5 has access to Bank
* Gen 6 has access to Bank

Would Gen 4 be the best odds then? Or would that even matter at this point?
>>
what to do with alternate forms?
>>
>>31705676
I managed to get every other starter off the GTS just by breeding and depositing a bunch of Snivy I got in a wonder trade. Hope it helps.
>>
>>31705785
Place primary/first form in their spot in the living dex, then make a separate box for alternate forms, such as Unown, Alola forms, Various Deoxys and other things, etc
>>
>>31705569
>So Sun and Moon got me back in.

I don't even mean this as shitposting, but it amazes me how some people can be so different.

I'm having a hard time going to Sun/Moon just because it seems like such a horrible slog.
>>
>>31705920
I'll admit I had an oscillating enjoyment curve.

It only took about a week of playing to get past the E4, and I'm grinding out each area to empty that Route's "Dex" so to speak. So it was really nothing. The cutscenes dragged a bit, but it wasn't bad.

This is the first time I've gotten into competitive properly, and that's got me interested enough for quite awhile, just searching through movepools and stats to try and figure out what might be cool to do (especially since I took a personal pledge that all my teams would build around my favorite mon, Arcanine).

Unfortunately there does seem to be a huge chicken and egg problem regarding that since very critical items for breeding (DKnot, EV training items) and many competitive items are locked behind Battle Tree

...which requires at least a low-tier competitive team

...which all-but-requires those items locked behind battle tree to be tolerable.

That said the Pelago glitch and QR code Rentals are a HUGE way to get around that now, and I'm past that phase, so to me this is a cool game again.
>>
is living dex the endgame of autism?
>>
>>31706663
Not even close
>>
>>31705569
You're missing hoopa and volcanion
>>
Do items transfer if they're being transferred between sm?
>>
>>31706738
Only via trading in-game; bank will not let you keep items.
>>
>>31706663
Only if you include alternate forms, gender difference, shinies, and alternate form gender difference shinies.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.