[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

please explain, smogon

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 159
Thread images: 5

File: deomosa.gif (469KB, 788x223px) Image search: [Google]
deomosa.gif
469KB, 788x223px
where is the logic here
>>
>>31704462
>Extremespeed
>Psycho Boost
>BoltBeam coverage
>a ton of coverage moves
>utility moves like taunt and hazards like stealth rock and spikes

That's why.
>>
>>31704462
psyshock
>>
>>31704462

Deo can set up hazards and has Psycho Boost and Extreme Speed (meaning it can out-priority your priority)

Pheromosa needs Tapu Lele to protect it from priority
>>
>>31704462
deoxys has a movepool
>>
>>31704505
Hey, Pheromosa's movepool isn't that bad
>>
Too much Pressure
>>
>>31704462
Movepools are just as important as stats if not moreso, given that a single good move can be enough to propel an otherwise garbage tier Pokemon to being somewhat viable.

Deoxys has a much more powerful and diverse movepool than Pheromosa, so it is in a higher tier despite similar stats and Pheromosa having a better ability and typing.
>>
If only Pherowaifu got mach punch.
>>
>>31704494
Phero has
>infinitely better STAB types
>comparatively much more powerful due to tiers
>one kill makes it uber tier powerful

>b-but muh priority
yes, no pokemon has ever been relegated to higher tiers despite getting trashed by priority used by one or two pokemon in the tier.
>>
>>31704462
give the roach sucker punch and extreme speed and it'd be Ubers material
>>
>>31704553
>>infinitely better STAB types
Bug is a terrible offensive type, and Fighting has its drawbacks too. Especially when your best physical STAB fighting move will cause you 50% damage when your opponent has the foresight to switch in a ghost type.

>>comparatively much more powerful due to tiers
Yes, that's how tiers work. If Deoxys was in OU, it would wreck shit. Hence it's banned.

>>one kill makes it uber tier powerful
Boosting moves like DD and Quiver Dance also make OU mons powerful. But there are tons of ways to play around them. Pheremosa is similar. Especially since pretty much any priority move will kill after hazard damage.

And yes, priority is important. Having access to a +2 80 damage priority move coming off a base 150 attack is a big deal.
>>
>>31704494
>has great moves
>banned
This is why I hate smogonfags.
>>
>>31704462
140 base power move coming off 150 special attack is something you don't want in OU. Especially since you already bitch about chansey.
>>
>>31704833
>pokemon has good properties
>WAHH WHY IS IT BANNED

Ok bud, go ahead and petition for Deoxys to be OU instead. You think Landorus is centralizing? Just you wait.
>>
>>31704462
It can one shot mega fug pretty easily.
>>
File: pheromosakek.png (321KB, 680x602px) Image search: [Google]
pheromosakek.png
321KB, 680x602px
>>31704514
Not that guy, but I'm kinda on both sides of the coin. It's not bad, but you gotta admit it's barren compared to Deoxys

Aside from the STAB bug moves and Fighting misses, it only gets Ice Beam (even unboosted, this is great for public enemy #1) and Poison Jab (that can actually Ohko some Tapu sets with LO or Expert Belt). It gets the job done, yes, but it's somewhat predictable.
>>
>>31704462
>Arcanine used Extremespeed
>Pheromosa fainted!
Or mix and match any entry hazards and quick attack variants.
>>
>>31704462
Deoxys
>Has a nuke in psycho boost, side effect easily mitigated.
>Has coverage for years in both attack and special attack with high power and multiple flavours of typings.
>Has powerful priority.
>Has stealth rock and spikes to use on predicted switches.
>Has both nasty plot and swords dance while not needing to boost speed.
>Has a garbage type.
>No u-turn.

Pheromosa
>Has a nuke in High Jump Kick, downside can't be mitigated at all when relevant.
>Forced to run mixed to have coverage worth a shit.
>Has no priority, thus cannot beat priority.
>has rapid spin instead of hazards.
>Only boosting move is quiver dance, which is redundant with its speed.
>Has two garbage types combined to make a garbage type.
>Has u-turn, with STAB.

Deoxys wins here. Tutors have the potential to make them equals though.
>>
>quickban any legendary/UB to Ubers
>no more genie/Tapu/Pheromosa cancer plaguing OU and forcing actual OU staples into lower tiers
Regigigas, Articuno and Phione aren't a counter-argument, because you'd never use them anyways.
>>
>>31704873
>>31704833

Release me! I promise to be a good boy who is properly balanced Smogon.
>>
>>31704462
>One has a MUCH movepool and and better offenses
>Extreme Speed

GEE OP
>>
>>31705575
Quit living in the past, these ARE the OU staples now.
>>
>>31706701
No, they're legendaries. That makes them ubers by default.
>>
>>31704462
The only deoxys form that should be Uber is Attack Form.

Defense and Speed form are jokes as well.
>>
>>31706714
someone wasn't around for BW OU when defense and speed were running around raping everything
>>
>>31704833
Base forme Deoxys would sweep your shit if it weren't banned so I don't know what the fuck you're talking about.
>>
>>31704920
>omg guis fucking Smogon banning Kyogre, don't you know you can just run Shedinja?
>>
>>31706714
>throwback to that one time when Deoxys-D was OU

Yeah nah, let all Deoxys stay where they belong

I'd love if Deoxys-N lost some attacking power and speed to become a more rounded version and have it's own niche instead of being an inferior Deoxys-A
>>
>>31706701
When OU shifts so much that a majority of UU staples drop to RU and get replaced by last gens OU staples, the power creep is obvious.

I guess it's time to play RU this gen.
>>
>>31706708
Oh god. You're one of THOSE players.

>Legendary...I.E. lore status, = top tier.

Bitch, competitive players look purely at stat distribution, types, and movepools. I don't give a solitary FUCK about means of obtaining the pokemon, or its back story.

...I mean, casually I do, yes. I'm not THAT cold-hearted.

If a pokemon is good or bad, then it's good or bad respectively. No amount of 'lore' is gonna change it.
>>
>>31705163
>which is redundant with its speed
are you stupid
a speed boost is entirely welcome to outspeed EVERYTHING
>>
>>31704462
Which has priority move tho
>>
>>31706889
Tiers, for the most part, are based on usage. New Toy Syndrome is still VERY apparent right now. We're currently in the midst of getting things settled in. Old threats aren't being exploited because we are still trying to nail down EXACTLY how the new stuff works.

Yeah, it's been three months, but it requires damn near autistic levels of patience, practice, experimentation, and data collecting to figure ALL of the potential a single pokemon can have.

>Muh, Gen 6 OU is now Gen 7 UU.
>Muh, Gen 6 UU is now Gen 7 RU.

Yeah...that's what happens when no one uses those mons. They DROP IN USAGE, and go down a tier. They didn't get any worse, they just got new competition. Remember, 6 mons per team. Something is gonna get pushed back to make room for the new stuff. It'll all pan out eventually. Just give it time....again...autistic levels of patience is required.
>>
>>31706936
This is true. Pheromosa is prey to most scarfers. And QD sets have an easier chance dealing with Greninja.
>>
>>31706983
>samefag here

Wanted to also make the point about how not every mega is currently released.

You wanna complain about tapus? That's because New mega buff mega beedrill hasn't had the opportunity to fucking RAPE all the of them at once. Literally one tapu for each arm stinger that thing has.

>Muh, checks and counter for beedrill to protect the tapus argument.

Oh god, a pokemon has checks, that means it's bad apparently.

Also, mega sparky and mega choco-buns haven't been tested in this new meta either. So it's gonna take a LONG time to figure things out.
>>
>>31707062
Scarf Lele says hi

Enjoy your psychic you shitmon bug.
>>
>>31704833
fucking smogonfags can't deal with my mega rayquaza just use it's one counter
>>
>>31707141
How did I know this argument was coming?
>>
>>31707180
because the people that geniunely believe beedrill will be OU this gen because it counters tapus keep forgetting that lele exists

will it be decent at killing the other 3? yes, but it won't save the meta between an overabundance of steel types and scarf lele.
>>
>>31706835
Actually it does have a niche over Deoxys-A, but only in OU. The increased bulk it has is actually fairly significant, as it will almost never be OHKO'd by most priority move. It doesn't mean shit in Ubers though.
>>
>>31706917
>classic OU Pokemon getting bumped down to UU because there are too many legendaries roaming in the tier
They didn't get worse, the legendaries just don't belong in the tier. It's been common knowledge since at least gen 5 that a metagame without legendaries will be much more varied and healthy.
>>
>>31707220
Stop spouting shit. Legendaries belong in whatever they belong in. If all of them were banned, the metagame woulnd't be any less centralizing, it's just that the top threats wouldn't be legendaries.
>>
>>31707199
Scarf lele is a little bit rough to fight around. I can't think of a single mon that can reliably swap without playing the RPS game.

Do I swap to my dark type, or will he predict that and go for stab moon blast?
Maybe I should stay in, but then I risk losing this mon if he predicts that.
Oh... I know Steel types resist both stabs, I'll...oh, I gotta risk the focus miss. It's a risk for him to, but if he gets it I'm fucked and cucked.

Celeste....it learns t-bolt. It won't OHKO, but it certainly does substantial damage.

The only answer is a ghost/steel type, and the ONE that exists is in thing is in ubers right now.

...Assult vest Dusknoir?
>>
>>31706917
>lore is the only thing that ties legendaries to each other
Tell you what, how about we rephrase that to "let's quickban anything with 600+ BST to Ubers then slowly reintroduce them through suspect tests"

I bet you're one of the fags that thinks it's a good thing that Landorus - T has 47% usage in OU at the moment.
>>
>>31707220
so with your logic, mega metagross is fine where it is, but mesprit should be banned to ubers? is this correct?
>>
>>31707257
Landorus, the Tapus and Pheromosa sure as fuck should be ubers.
>>
>>31707220
If they weren't classified as legendaries and simply one-time-get roamer mons, would you still make that argument?
>>
>>31707269
that doesn't answer my question though
>>
>>31707256
...No. Stop arguing on my behalf. I don't believe that. But I don't think lando's status as 'legendary' has anything to do with it's capabilities in a real match.
>>
>>31707252
Assvest Metagross?
>>
>It's a people who don't play competitive talking about competitive and how it should be run episode
>>
>>31707252
Even if this is your chain of thoughts when running beedrill, it doesn't change the fact that it isn't a friendly meta for it. Yes Talonflame is dead, so it doesn't need to worry about taking a brave bird to the face before it gets to do anything, but that doesn't change the fact that it's frail as fuck and is walled by both ferrothorn and toxapex.

It's frailty really doesn't help it either. It can't actively tank bullet punches from a scizor and fails to kill Mega Meta with an earthquake. The ONLY reason people think it even has a chance in hell in OU this gen is because every team worth their salt in the tier has a tapu on it, but it fails to even do that reliably.

Also
>Dark types in OU
>Focus Blast Mega Beedrill
Either you're memeing me or you're a shitter.
>>
>>31707274
Nice try, but broken is broken.
>>
>>31707256
Ok, I won't concede, but I will humor you.

Legends are banned. BUT how about megas, whose stats can surpass those of legends. What's your stance on those?
>>
>>31707307
Why not just use Bronzong for defensive Steel/Psychic roles?
>>
>>31707347
Because Metagross can do everything Bronzong does but better and is not a dead-weight vs the rest of the meta after tanking the Lele hit.
>>
>>31707288
...So you're saying...
...the fact that...
...Lando has over 600 BST...
...he's not very good in the meta?
>>
>>31707334
...the fuck? where did you get FB mega bee from.

That post was purely about lele. We were on the same page about lele...I though at least.

I'm learn how to make reading comprehension dumb dumb.
>>
i'm sure banning all legendaries and nothing else is fine, mega metagross and mega kangaskhan won't be on literally every team, right?

and guzzlord, uxie and virizion: they really should be uber, why hasn't smogon caught onto this yet?
>>
>>31704903
But aside from those four moves, what could it even benefit from?
>>
I think people should stop blaming smogon and start blaming GF for not knowing what the fuck they're doing as they keep releasing more stupidly broken mons every gen. We pretty much have enough stupid shit to fill an entire tier at this point (this gen's OU)

They straight up don't even try to hide the power creep.
>>
>>31707354
NO...stop putting words in my mouth. Where are you getting this info?

He's GOOD. I AGREE WITH YOU ON THAT FRONT.

His 'legendary status' is not what makes him good. THAT is my argument which you are either ignoring or to stupid to comprehend.
>>
>>31707338
The difference is you can only run 1, and most megas don't surpass 600bst. Beedril, Pidgeot, Sableye, and more don't surpass it. Even then you can argue on a case by case basis for reintroduction to the tier. Things like Aero - M would be fine, but shit like Meta - M needs to go.
>>
>>31707381
I've been blaming Game Freak since Gen 4.
>>
>>31707384
but what makes him "legendary" is his 600 base stat total, yet you are arguing that his base stat total is what makes him good?
>>
I honestly can't image Pheromosa is going to stay in OU.
Having said that, OU is in this bizarre state where all the broken shit on one side (Pheromosa, Tapu Lele, Xurkitree, Kartana) balances out all the broken shit on the other side (Celesteela, Tapu Koko, Toxapex, Tapu Fini). It might just be that OU will stay Ubers1 and Ubers will be Ubers2, with UU being OU and RU being the joke format that is "any format below OU".
>>
>>31704553

>infinitely better STAB types

In terms of neutral coverage, Bug/Fighting is the worst offensive type combo in the game.
>>
>all the strongest threats in OU are from this gen
rly makes u think
>>
>>31707433
>Fighting is now considered a bad offensive type
Oh how the mighty have fallen...
>>
>>31707408
Fucking Slacking has 670 bst. but it ain't no legend.

and NO. I'm not arguing that his BST is what makes him good...I mean it does.

But his 'legendary status' doesn't contribute anything. Pokemon are numbers and damage modifier values, that's IT.

Lucario being proud of its power doesn't make it preform better.
Mawhile's deceptively cute appearance doesn't make it any more or less of a threat.
LEGENDARY STATUS doesn't make a pokemon automatically good.
>>
>>31707452
>Fighting/Dragon was once considered the most desirable type combination
The times they are a changing
>>
>>31707462
Then they gave us a Dragon/Fighting pseudo that manages to be worse than Flygon somehow.
>>
>>31707462
>>31707472
Fighting/Dragon would still be an A+ type had it been given to, you know, something that's actually fast, hits hard and last but not least HAS FUCKING MOVES.

But if you give it to a slow piece of shit with sub-par offensive stats and defensive ones of course it'll end up being shit.

It's Slow Defensive Ice Type all over again.
>>
>>31707462
Dragon was only ever good as a defensive typing. Outrage being broken on certain Pokemon didn't make Dragon a good offensive typing.
>>
>>31707461
Nigga are you seriously arguing pokemon deemed "legendaries" aren't at a statistical advantage over other pokemon?

Yes, the label "legendary" is arbitrary
Yes, some pokemon deemed "legendary" (Regigigas, Articuno, Regiice) are undesirable
Yes, some pokemon with gimmick abilities that hinder them to the point where no one uses them sometimes surpass the advantage

But with all that in mind, do you really think pokemon like Lano, the Tapus, and shit like Heatran and Zapdos aren't set apart by others due to their high base stats?

Like I could run Gliscor, arguably a good pokemon, but why should I when lando has better stats?

And yes this is all cherrypicking, but if you really don't think "legendary" is an appropriate label for non-mega pokemon with 600+ bst, a term in use to describe the very same since generation fucking 1, then you are daft.
>>
>>31707506
It was similar to electric or psychic in gen 1. It was more that it didn't have a lot of weaknesses and was able to hit everything for neutral damage
>>
>>31707504
It's a miracle Aegislash turned out as good as he was. Everyone wanted a Ghost/Steel since forever and we easily got one of the best Pokemon ever out of it. Kommo-o really drew the shortest possible straw, you can tell Gamefreak gimped him on purpose out of fear of making him too good.

But then they turn around and make the Tapus and the UBs and those are a-ok.

Gamefreak really are the most incompetent developers in the world. It's like they change designing methods every 5 seconds. I seriously have a hard type believing that the same people who made the tapus was also the same people who created the rest of all the alola shitmons.
>>
>>31707506
Dragon is a great offensive typing because of its neutral coverage. There was a time when dragon hit every type neutrally except steel, so all you had to do was bring one move to deal with steel types. What this means is that after a Dragon Dance or Swords Dance, you can break down entire teams without fear of being walled by anything other than Skarmory.
If you're just pressing Dragon Claw and hoping for big damage off the bat, you're gonna be disappointed.

>>31707504
Hey now, Sky Uppercut is a good move. It hits Flynite and Bounce Gyarados lacking Flynium-Z...
And you can carry Brick Break if the accuracy is a concern... I-It counters screen setters, too...
>>
Goddamn, people need to learn how to separate casual and competitive play.

What I mean by that, is that it's OK to have favorites. It's OK to want to think that legends are cool and awesome and deserve a pedestal for their contribution to the lore of the Pokemon Universe.

But, when it comes down to PRACTICAL player vs player battling, I'm not going to assume that a legend is automatically the best pick. Cause guess what? That's not always the case.

Wanna know why the lati-twins aren't Ubers? Because they have very obviously exploitable weaknesses...a lot.

Why is articuno in PU for gen 6? Because Ice/Flying is GOD AWFUL typing. It lacks coverage, it lacks speed, and it lacks reliable offensive stats. But, I suppose it's obviously ban-worthy because, "OMG LEGENDS ARE OP." "IT has 580 BST"...and you see how much of a difference that makes? NONE.
>>
>>31707518
...I mean...gliscor and lando might share types, but they serve different purposes. That's why you choose one over the other. or both If you expect gliscor to do what lando does, then you aren't using gliscor for its intended puropose. Visa versa also applies.
>>
>>31707580
Ah yes, 10% of legendaries are trash so clearly the label is arbitrary and only applies to casual play.

Forget the fact that Pokemon that fall under said label fill a majority position of the higher teirs, clearly they have no statistical advantage since articuno is bad.
>>
>>31707518
Cool, slaking is legendary now.
>>
>>31707518
>Like I could run Gliscor, arguably a good pokemon, but why should I when lando has better stats?
Toxic Orb Lando is my favorite set
>>
>>31707518
You my fellow anon are daft. Gen 1 had 5 legends.

2 of those legends have 600 and 680 BST.
the other three were birds it 580 BST.

And in Dragonite's case. Pseudolegend...is not a legendary. The prefix 'pseudo' is there for a reason.

So yeah...BST and Legend are arbitrary AF.
>>
>>31707607
How are lando and gliscor filling different roles?

they both can setup, both can wall, both can pivot, both can set up rocks, the difference between them is basically bst and ability. Name me one thing that one does that the other can't.
>>
>>31707665
Gliscor can stallbreak.
Gliscor can toxic stall more effectively.
Landorus can effectively use a choice scarf.
Landorus can carry HP Ice to act as a lure and counter.
>>
>>31707665
>Name me one thing that one does that the other can't.
Roost
Intimidate
Rock Polish
>>
>>31707433
No kidding.
It's resisted by not one, not two, not THREE, but FOUR types.

FOUR
O
U
R

TYPES
Y
P
E
S

(Ghost, Fairy, Poison and Flying).
>>
>>31707518
get BTFO'd, son.
>>
>>31704462
>smogon
>logic

choose one
>>
>this entire thread
No wonder this place has such a bad reputation when it comes to competitive. Holly shit some of you disgust me.
>>
I have an idea. How about you prove you're point.

Make a team of supposedly OP legends that smogon allows. You pick and choose. Then go LADDER with that team in smogon's OU format. If you can break the top 20 in the ladder, I'll concede whole heartedly.

Instead of arguing your point, go out and PROVE it. Make an effort. We've spent the better part of 20 years playing competitive. We being...players in general, not just strictly smogon. We KNOW what works well, what CAN work well, and what does...ok. Now you prove you're counter points to US.

DO IT. YOU WON'T. NO SKILL AND NO BALLS.

Prove us wrong by beating the statistical odds.
>>
>>31707640
Well, then let me rephrase my argument.

Why should bad legends get the shaft so that we can have a legendary free format? Why not just let them preform and let the chips fall where they may? That way, we can have legends in multiple tiers...oh wait, that's already how it works.
>>
>>31705575
>Regigigas, Articuno and Phione aren't a counter-argument, because you'd never use them anyways.

What about the mons in between?
Zapdos, jirachi, suicune, mew, raiku and others are miles from being too strong for OU but still have niche they can and do fill.
>>
File: 1411694426991.png (72KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1411694426991.png
72KB, 500x500px
Why don't we just have a middle ground with Ubers UU?

Send all the overrepresented Pokemon in OU and underrepresented Pokemon in Ubers to a meta where they can both shine. They shouldn't be too far from each other in terms of battle prowess at this point.
>>
>>31707875
even godawful pieces of shit in ubers like deo-n would absolutely rape current OU

give it a couple more generations
>>
>>31707875
I mean, something LIKE that will happen eventually, though not like how you're proposing. Eventually Ubers will get big enough to spawn its own usage-based sub-tiers just like how OU spawns UU and UU spawns RU based on usage. Ubers UU won't have any effect on what's legal in standard OU, because the two aren't related by usage, but in a generation or two it will exist. This was brought up when Ubers was declared an actual tier instead of just being a banlist with the creation of AG.
>>
>>31707875
So...Lando, Deoxys, Shaymin-S...what else would fit into a theoretical ubers UU? Seems like it would be a stiff meta.
>>
>>31707408
>implying BST matters

Because Amoongus, Dugtrio, Greninja, and Breloom are all known for their high BST. And I guess shit like Kommo-o, Goodra, and Articuno all have dumpster BST.
>>
>>31707985
Reshiram and Palkia.
>>
>>31706821
>>omg guis fucking Smogon banning Kyogre, don't you know you can just run Shedinja?
ancient power.
>>
>>31706722
or gen 4 when they tried speed for 2 weeks, then banned it when it turned out ridiculous
>>
>>31707372
More moves. Being unpredictable means that "counters" could get blown back by a surprise coverage option.
>>
>>31706983
>Min-Maxed Pokemon with BSTs of 570 and a superior Moxie ability are being used because of "new toy syndrome"
Yeah, sure that's what it is.
>>
>>31707985
Lop off the very top of OU and any Uber below B-

>>31707980
I see. Would be nice to get real use out of some of my old favorites again
>>
>>31707640
>Regirock
>Regice
>Registeel
>Celebi
>Mew
>Shaymin-L
>Cobalion
>Virizion
>Cresselia
>Hoopa (Default)
>Entei
>Raikou
>Suicune
>Uxie
>Mesprit
>Guzzlord
>Necrozma

Seems like a lot more than 10% to me
>>
>>31708209
How was Speed ridiculous in Gen 4?
>>
>>31706714
>Defense form has 90 base speed still
>sets up dual screens, shits spikes for about 4 weeks, then recovers until you give up hurting it
>Can replace one of the screens with Stealth rock
>Is the single most annoying fucker to grace Stall
>DeoSharp cancer
>>
>>31707461
Pokemon coded in as legendaries have BSTs of at least 570. Just by having the designation "legendary" they will have at least 570 BST, which doesn't guarantee that they will be good, but it's more than enough points to work with to make something truly scary, as we've seen with the UBs dominating the meta.
>>
>>31708261
Excluding Guzzlord (UBs are technically not legendaries) and Hoopa and Shaymin's alt forms the total comes out to around 32%
>>
>>31708291
>that deo-D set

What is tauntbait?
>>
>>31707338
Who the fuck cares? Megas are either banned, or unreleased. The ones currently released are in Ubers for wathever reason, so it's a pointless argument.
>>
>>31707334
>>Focus Blast Mega Beedrill
Beedrill gets Brick Break why the fuck would Focus Blast be talking about Beedrill?
Also did you not read literally the first 2 words? >Scarf Lele is a little bit rough
>Scarf
>Lele
>>
>>31708307
>Saying this when literally one of the most prevalent and overbearing Pokemon in OU is mega metagross
>>
>>31708305
>Magic Coat
>>
>>31707518
Who has a higher BST, Landorus or Garchomp?
Which one is literally everywhere in OU?

Now who has a higher BST, Landorus or Kyurem?
Which one is UU at best?
>>
File: shiggy.jpg (17KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
shiggy.jpg
17KB, 250x250px
>>31708346
>having 5 moves
>>
>>31708273
It was faster than every other hazard user, had Taunt and Magic Coat and was strong enough to take down most of what constituted "lead meta" in one or two blows if necessary.

>>31708305
It's just a general list of options it can run. Taunt has never been a huge problem for Deoxys Defense, it can run Magic Coat, its own Taunt, or Mental Herb.

>>31708296
>Excluding Guzzlord (UBs are technically not legendaries)
Can we not do this here
>>
>>31708342
So is Landorus-T, too. What's your point?

Pokémon with 600+ BST are USUALLY too strong and the entire meta revolves around them.
>>
>>31707539
>But then they turn around and make the Tapus and the UBs
GEE BOSS ITS ALMOST LIKE THEY WANTED LEGENDARY BOSS MONSTERS TO BE STRONG?????????

Meanwhile Kommo-O is just a shitmon designed to be a 'Trial' on your way through Victory Road

Only 1 Tapu is below 80 speed, meanwhile all of 12 mons in the alola dex (not counting NFEs or legends) which means you'd struggle to find Pokemon that outspeed them. Thats how SM were designed; If everything that isnt a boss is slow as fuck, the bosses will outspeed and murder the shit out of you.
>>
>>31708296
>>31708296
>UBs are technically not legendaries
Congrats, Mewtwo is not a Legendary but Silvally is. Darkrai is a legend while Cresselia is not
Nice reasoning retard
>>
>>31708401
My point is that you blindly blanketed megas as banned or unreleased and therefore not a problem, where in reality there are a ton of very powerful megas in OU at the moment, such as M-Metagross, Megazard-X and Y, M-Scizor, M-Alakazam and M-Sableye.
>>
>>31708305
>>>90 base speed
Nice Weavile retard

Also Mental herb exists and so does switching to a Magic Bounce user

>>31708401
>Dragonite
>Metagross (not Mega)
>Salamence (not Mega)
>fucking G.Oodra
>Kommo-O
>Celebi
>Shaymin
>Hydreigon
>Meloetta
>M-Houndoom
>Diancie

?
>>
>>31707835
If it's UU or below, it can stay, but legendaries in OU just reflect Smogon's boner for them and impact Pokemon that would be OU otherwise negatively. Basically, OU legendaries should be bumped up to Ubers by default.
>>
>>31708436
Not the same anon. My point is that 600+ BST pokémons are usually too strong.

>>31708438
>usually
>ADVERB

>Under normal conditions; generally:

>Examples:
>‘he usually arrives home about one o'clock’
>‘heat-resistant paints are usually black or aluminium-coloured’
>>
>>31708504
See, anon? That's what you should've expressed from the start. That's a much more fair and reasonable way to go about it than a huge blanket ban on legendaries for no reason.
>>
>>31708504
Legendaries in OU deserve to stay in OU, though. They're not as good in Ubers but do fine in OU.
>>
>>31708523
>m-muh Landorus!
No. The legendaries in OU are centralizing as fuck, so they need to go.
>>
>>31708544
There should be a few excluded from the big ban, though. For example, Zapdos, Buzzwole and Jirachi have low representation and are far from overbearingly strong.
>>
>>31708582
please and thank you
>>
>>31707144
>Mega Raqyauza
>Having even one counter
WHAT?
>>
>>31708523
Some of them do, like Zapdos

Others really, really don't like Tapu Lele and Landorus - Therian
>>
>>31708504
Smogon's rules are based on statistics and facts
this pisses you off because your reasoning is based on emotions and willful ignorance
thus you try to hang some kind of emotional bias to smogon's rules so you can put your argument on the "level" with them

its essentially the religious tactic of calling atheism a religion
>>
>>31707372

Dark pulse and earth power but they don't really fit her design
>>
>>31708668
Use another Megaquaza (^:
>>
>>31708809
The facts and statistics say that legendaries like Landorus are far too centralizing in OU to belong there, actually.
>>
>>31707985
Anything in Ubers that falls below 3.5% usage
>>
>>31708866
>implying mega fug can switch in on mega fug
>>
>>31704462
>Nasty Plot focus sash Psycho Boost
>doesn't get fucked my Ash-greninja Water Shuriken since Extremespeed has +2 priority
>a shit tone of coverage
>hazards

Phermosa is close but the fact that it has no priority really fucks it especially with Ash-greninja, Mega Metagross etc running the hyper offensive meta atm. Bug/Fighting is a pretty bad offensive typing and an absolute horrible defensive typing as well.

>>31708668
Cloude Nine Golduck :^))))
>>
>>31708986
you're talking about Landorus-T, right?

because if you are, there are many forum posts explaining why it isn't banned.

and you would understand why it isnt banned without looking it up if you actually new shit about the meta.
>>
>>31707654
Scarf gliscor beats it
>>
>>31709655
>47%
>i-it's not broken, guys!
>>
>>31710036
>i-it's overused in the overused tier!
>t-that means it's broken I swear!
>>
>>31710167
Mega Rayquaza would be overused there too if allowed.
>>
>>31705163
>fighting
>garbage type
retard
>>
>>31711817
Fighting is a garbage type since gen VI

remember when Gen V OU was dominated by Fighting types and everything carried Fighting coverage otherwise?

Fairies ruined that. There are only 2 Fighting types in SM OU and those 2 are Buzzwole and Pheromosa. Fighting coverage is good but in a format dominated by Fairy types it's more of a liability
>>
The best lando set is still defensive
>>
>>31707433
What is Bug/Grass

resisted by:

Fire, Flying, Poison (double resist) and Dragon.

and at least Bug/Fighting can hit some things. Bug/Fighting hits Grass, Psychic, Normal, Dark, and Rock super effectively. Bug/Grass doesn't hit shit compared to Bug/Fighting

Bug/Fighting may be bad but how the fuck can you overlook the pinnacle of bad type combos, Grass/Bug

retard
>>
>>31708866
>implynig mega fug can survive mega fug's draco meteor
>>
>>31709116
>Golduck can beat P-Groudon and M-Fug

Ban when?
>>
Try special Pheromosa on doubles with a Scarf Vanilluxe hail partner for a good time.

Also physical Phero can ohko Memechomp with ice beam. Its my fav UB
>>
>>31712102
>Scarf Golduck outspeeds both with scarf and modest nature while also being able to OHKO both and tank one ES

>252 SpA Golduck Blizzard vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Rayquaza-Mega: 388-460 (110.5 - 131%) -- guaranteed OHKO
>252+ SpA Golduck Ice Beam vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Rayquaza-Mega: 348-412 (99.1 - 117.3%) -- 93.8% chance to OHKO
>252+ Atk Choice Band Rayquaza-Mega Extreme Speed vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Golduck: 225-265 (74.7 - 88%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

>252 SpA Golduck Hydro Pump vs. 248 HP / 252+ SpD Groudon-Primal: 448-532 (111.1 - 132%) -- guaranteed OHKO

AG ban now pls
>>
>>31712259
I know it's bait but you should make it funnier, the Hydro Pump under Desolate Land flares my autism
>>
>>31712275
>the Hydro Pump under Desolate Land flares my autism
>what is Cloud Nine

Now I'm responding to b8
>>
>>31712275
It's not bait. Golduck is one of the few pokemon that can hit Mega Rayquaza and Primal Groudon with 4x effective moves while also being able to outspeed with scarf thanks to Cloud Nine.
>>
>>31710036
I'm pretty sure Landorus-Therian has a bunch of Checks due to its speed tier.
>>
>>31707141
Any scarf lele gets w a l l e d by alola muk
And checked pretty well by m-metagross
>>
>>31711914
>guy switches in fairy type
>takes stab CC- HighJump Kick or whatever >plus poison jab-gunk shot the following turn

yeah no fighting is still one of the best offensive types even with fairies
Thread posts: 159
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.