[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This needs to be the next main series region. Prove me wrong

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 16

File: Capture.png (258KB, 590x658px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
258KB, 590x658px
This needs to be the next main series region. Prove me wrong
>>
Umm, sweetie...
>>
File: Iceland.png (5KB, 136x101px) Image search: [Google]
Iceland.png
5KB, 136x101px
>>31701250
>forgot the image
How embarrassing.
>>
File: Gen 8.gif (67KB, 750x604px) Image search: [Google]
Gen 8.gif
67KB, 750x604px
>>
>>31701233
How high are you? Because you're making some sense here.
>>
Actually Alaska would be cool, since I live in that area too, there'd better be a moose Pokemon and if they didn't want to use ursaring then a grizzly Pokemon
>>
>>31701233
But that's not New Zealand.
>>
>>31701233
The fuck is that
>>
>>31701338
Kenai Peninsula, AK

>>31701296
They should do some lake shenanigans too like they did in Sinnoh
>>
File: IMG_20170118_221816.jpg (51KB, 488x327px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170118_221816.jpg
51KB, 488x327px
>>
>>31701233

I feel like Greece might be the next region..
>>
>>31701976
Yeah, because we need a Hoenn ripoff

>>31701480
They wouldn't do this because Japan and Korea still hate each other's guts
>>
>>31701976
So the whole place is like Po town with everyone in debt?
>>
>>31701233
>Prove me wrong
Italy and surrounding islands exist
>>
>>31701296
I was actually just thinking about that last night....... giant Kodiak Bear, ice/normal type
>>
>>31701233
Alaska-fag here.
Would be cool, but there's implicitly a desert area in every region, and it'd be a huge stretch to include one in the Kenai Peninsula.

But it's a cool area. You have good amount of biomes already, and you have some good potential for downs between Homer, Seward, and of course Anchorage. The only problem is that Wasilla and the valley north of Anchorage are kind of a package deal.

Maybe you can make a good "desert" area in the section of the Chugach Park outside of Anchorage, with the justification of Flat-Top and some of the good hiking mountains go above the tree-line and are mostly rocks, clay, and moss.
>>
>>31702519
Easy. Instead of a hot dry desert, you have a barren tundra
>>
>>31701233
Comfy South American region when
>>
>>31702544
Technically yes, but does that really fit the 'sandy' ground-types at all?

There are a lot of places for rock, gravel. and muddy kinds of Pokemon, but few good places for sandy ones.

But a Pokemon version of the area can justify whatever they want, even that it's way too far south for a pokemon like Beartic, so I guess there's no real point in me nitpicking.
>>
Gen 8 will be Australia.
Gen 9 will be U.S./Canada Pacific Northwest.
>>
yes please, GAME FREAK DO THAT. a snowy region in scandinavia,
>>
>>31702742
no. no more tropical regions for awhile.
and US doesnt deserve another region
>>
I feel like the next place they go will be somewhere near Seattle
>>
I'd kind of like to see or make a Johto to Unova's Kanto.
>>
>>31702519
>the only problem is that Wasilla and the valley north of Anchorage are kind of a package deal
Wasilla's dependent on Anchorage, yes, but Anchorage could do just fine without Wasilla. Because they don't have to match it one to one with the real world, if you really needed PWS you could just stick it on the other side of Knik Arm and pretend we built the bridge.
>>
Didn't the pokemon people go to Spain for vacation?
>>
File: IMG_2794.jpg (4MB, 4000x2970px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2794.jpg
4MB, 4000x2970px
>>31702922
fuck forgot image
>>
File: serveimage.jpg (231KB, 863x752px) Image search: [Google]
serveimage.jpg
231KB, 863x752px
>>31702939
I wonder if they might connect that to Kalos
>>
>>31702925
>they don't have to match it one to one with the real world
I know. I was kind of skirting this.
>>
>>31702893

It has nothing to do with "deserving." It has interesting geology, ecology, and culture. The Pacific Northwest would be a good basis for a region.

For what it's worth, I'm not from there, so this isn't any sort of hometown bias.
>>
Now that I think of it, this would work especially well in a generation with Unova remakes, as both have a big airport theme in at least one city. Something could be mentioned about planes flying between Anchorage and Mistralton, and maybe some incident would happen at the airport that you would need to solve before you could trade with Unova games a la finding the gems in the Seviis in FRLG
>>
File: hong-kong-map.gif (143KB, 1000x751px) Image search: [Google]
hong-kong-map.gif
143KB, 1000x751px
A region based on Hong Kong would be cool
I want some oriental feeling place to explore
>>
>>31703426
>all four original regions
>not oriental
Are you retarded?
>>
>>31703426
>Implicitly acknowledging Hong Kong as independent of China
Like that will ever happen.

That said, it's pretty self-contained and would be easy to translate into a Pokemon region. Could be fun, as long as they avoid something like Kalos' wheel layout
>>
File: 1486273202559.png (39KB, 159x163px) Image search: [Google]
1486273202559.png
39KB, 159x163px
>>31701233
>region suggestion thread
>suggests Europe
>suggests USA
>ironically the two most hated gens of the series
You faggots never learn.
>>
File: mkansas.gif (20KB, 506x289px) Image search: [Google]
mkansas.gif
20KB, 506x289px
>>
>>31703843
Colosseum and XD were USA and nobody complained.
>>
>>31703852
No joke, a region like that inside another region would be pretty cool. Wide open plains have some pretty interesting ecology. Birds of prey that nest in the ground? Flying/ground type
>>
>>31703824
well the regions in the past Pokemon games all based on '''a part''' of a country so I don't think that's a problem
>>
>>31703843
But Gen 5 and 7 are actually good. Contrarians who pretend to hate them don't hate them for the setting anyways. Same goes for Kalos, except gen 6 deserves to be hated.
>>
I'd be very down for an Italy region. Lots of beautiful and interesting cities for basis and interesting culture's known world wide. There's some interesting geographical features to play with two. Mt Etna and Vesuvius could make for interesting dungeons, for example.
>>
File: 0e8.png (27KB, 737x404px) Image search: [Google]
0e8.png
27KB, 737x404px
>>31704725
>interesting culture's known world wide
>unironically wanting shit that's been done a thousand times already
>>
>>31704725
What are some interesting species that are unique to that area though?
>>
File: Capture.png (305KB, 590x658px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
305KB, 590x658px
Here's some basic concepts
>>
>>31704996
There aren't really any interesting species unique to New York or Metropolitan France either. Didn't stop them from being regions.

>>31704986
>unironically thinking shit like alaska or iceland will ever be made regions because of "muh originality"
Why do you think Gamefreak has consistently chosen to base their regions off of well known areas and countries?
>>
File: Philippines.gif (203KB, 858x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Philippines.gif
203KB, 858x1200px
>>
>>31705133
stop
>>
>>31705235
This was in the Plus and Minus "leaks"
>>
>>31705244
Why should I?
>>
>>31705190
>>31705190
>Why do you think Gamefreak has consistently chosen to base their regions off of well known areas and countries?
Because they're cowards that are running this franchise to the ground?

They STILL haven't managed to beat RBY sales for a reason.
>>
>>31705321
>sales are an indicator of quality

Funny, given that the 3 most commonly cited best games in the franchise on this board (BW2, Emerald, HGSS) are the 3 lowest selling mainline games of the franchise.
>>
>>31705370
What appeals to fans does not appeal to normies. That is the rule for all forms of media.
>>
>>31705370
Your niche ass tastes means nothing in the grand scheme of things.
>>
>>31705370
Sun and Moon are quite possibly THE most controversial main games, yet they're one of the best-selling 3DS games.
>>
>>31705463
Controversial how?
>>
>>31705469
I believe he means the most divided between praise and hate. I'd probably give that title to RS though. SM seem very well liked outside of the contrarians on this board.
>>
File: image.jpg (1MB, 1772x1468px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 1772x1468px
>>31704725
>Imagine Julius Caesar being the champion of a Italian region
>Imagine the team rocket leader is Mussolini
>imagine a spaghetti Pokemon
> imagine new gym layouts in places such as the city of Venice being the water gym
>while the colliseum is where you fight the elite 4
>the leaning tower of Pisa is where you get the item to go get the legendary of the game
>while you go to the ancient city of Pompeii battle your way past Mussolini's men up to Mt.Vesuvius to capture said legendary

I want a Italy based region now more than ever lads
>>
>>31705250
Literally 8 shaped route
>>
File: image.jpg (69KB, 440x660px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
69KB, 440x660px
>>31705531
Also since I'm brainstorming here a Greece region should definately get one soon
> all gym leaders famous Greek philosophers and warriors such as Leonidas, Alexander the Great, Pericles, etc.
> the Pokemon professor can be either Aristotle since he was into zoology or that one botanist philosopher forgot the name
> Plato should definately be the champion on Mt.Olympus since he is known to wanting a philosopher King
>Alexander the great can be your rival and competes for aristotles recognition with you
> can go really creative with the Greek pantheon for legendaries
> can also have lots of cool islands to explore aswell as venturing to retake Anatolia from Turks and reclaim Constantinople
> team rocket villains can be Turks trying to kebab all of Greece while you the player thwarts their plans by preventing smelly Turks to control rightful Greek legendaries
>>
>>31705483
Everywhere I've looked, it garners a lot of mixed opinions.
>>
File: AustralianFlag.jpg (180KB, 2254x1861px) Image search: [Google]
AustralianFlag.jpg
180KB, 2254x1861px
*COUGH COUGH*

Don't mind me, I'm not here to be a Pokemon region or anything.

You insensitive cunts.
>>
>>31705696

>malcom turnbull as "The Champion"
>bill shorten as "The Underdog"
>tony abbot as "The Villan"

Australian politics as, a joke.
>>
No tropical region anymore.

Also no US region for a long time anymore. Two main game + 1 spin off region are enough now.
Give Africa one or another European region.
>>
>>31705707
>abbott makes a huge deal about gillard ousting rudd as leader of the labor party and as a result prime minister
>turnbull and the liberal party does the same thing to him five years later

Doesn't get any better than that. Plus, if they made an Australia-based region I bet they'd leave out cool places like Coober Pedy and shitholes like Mt Druitt and St Marys.
>>
Italy or Greece are the perfect choice for Gen 8 IMO. Not only they have a nice mix between warm and cold climate, but both have a big culture around mythology which would perfectly fit with the Sinnoh ones -> Sinnoh remakes. The rome gods and the greece gods are named are practially the same just named differently.
>>
>>31705731
As long as Ayers rock (Ulu fucken roo) is in the game I'll be happy.
>>
> americucks think that anyone will recognize one of their states just by a bunch of cities
Kek
>>
File: Map-Balkans.png (222KB, 662x498px) Image search: [Google]
Map-Balkans.png
222KB, 662x498px
This should be the next region
>>
Something tells me South America is up next.
Thread posts: 69
Thread images: 16

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.