[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Will there ever be another Ranger game?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 7

File: 250px-Ranger_GS_EN_boxart.png (132KB, 250x224px) Image search: [Google]
250px-Ranger_GS_EN_boxart.png
132KB, 250x224px
Will there ever be another Ranger game?
>>
Hopefully not. Better question, when will pokemon trozei get a sequel that doesn't suck?
>>
Probably not. Gen 4 spinoffs were a mistake.

Also Gen 4 in general.
>>
>>31696468
Probably not. Kind of unfortunate since I liked them but they're forgettable.
>>
>>31696509
>when they shoved lucario and friends into rescue team
GF really wanted people to like gen 4 but it flopped back in their face.
>>
That's like asking if there will be another mystery dungeon game.

the answer is no.
>>
>>31696468
Fuck that give us another Pokemon Conquest.
>>
>>31696509
Gen 4 has the best spinoffs.
>>
I hope so. Shadows of Almia was one of my favourite games.
>>
>>31696570
But anon, that's completely wrong. There will be a Mystery Dungeon for every generation.
>>
File: 1485196607945.png (137KB, 683x769px)
1485196607945.png
137KB, 683x769px
>>31696703
>>
>>31696468
Ranger never sold particularly well, it sold alright in relation to the work put into it but it wasn't phenomenal. At least the first one broke 2 million by the time the sequel came out. Probably because of all the Ranger advertising in the anime throughout the Hoenn region, and the Manaphy movie. The sequels never caught on as much despite having improved mechanics, and they didn't try as hard to advertise them, opting for a 2-part anime episode for the Shadows of Almia protag where the show was stolen by Hunter J and another one with the Guardian Signs protag and Heatran that pretty much NOBODY remembers but me. Plus a Guardian Signs prequel short that literally nobody watched that I barely even remember.
HAL has its own series to work on (you may have heard of it, it's about some pink vacuum or something) and clearly they decided that they couldn't put in the time to work on Ranger for TPC. Creatures Inc then went back to working on the mainline games.
Basically it's a lesson in video game development: sometimes shit just doesn't sell enough to continue it.

>>31696501
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

>>31696619
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
>>
File: 20170206_221906-1.jpg (492KB, 1081x880px)
20170206_221906-1.jpg
492KB, 1081x880px
Poképark 3 when?
>>
>>31696782
He's not wrong.
There's been one each gen since they were introduced in 3.
>>
>>31696981
Pokemon stadium/Battle revolution remake when?

new Pokemon game like Colloseum, XD gale of darkness when?
>>
I guess the question here is what is the future of pokemon spinoffs now that the man games are in 3D?
Here's to hoping rumble fucks off
>>
Pay2Play Mobileshit will be the future of all pokemon spin offs. Accept your fate.
>>
>>31697238
That doesn't really affect anything but the colo/stadium type games.
>>
Yes, it will be the only game pokemon company puts out on switch.
It's why they pushed for a capacitive touch screen.
>>
Rangers is garbage so I hope not.
>>31696501
MY FUCKING ANON.
>>
File: Too bad Jimmy.png (334KB, 396x495px)
Too bad Jimmy.png
334KB, 396x495px
>>31697494
>>
>>31697494
neck yourself already jimmy
>>
>>31696468
We got Super Mystery Dungeon, so who's to say we won't get another Ranger too?
>>
>you can still get a Manaphy Egg in the first Ranger
>all the event pokes in other versions are disabled
>>
>>31697553
People actually care about Mystery Dungeon, even if none of the sequels came anywhere near the astoundingly high level of quality Rescue Team achieved
>>
That feel when you never did get together often enough to level up enough to get a Dexoys.
It seems like the mission was optimized for 4 anyway.
At least I eventually got one regardless.
>>
>>31697648
>he didn't use Action Replay to dupe switches and get it himself
Besides as long as you have the mission downloaded you can still play it
>>
>>31696570
What makes you think they wouldn't?, it's so damn easy now that they're done making models for all of the pokemon with the exception of gen VII, which wouldn't take that much time.
>>
File: wifi adapter.jpg (441KB, 796x1024px)
wifi adapter.jpg
441KB, 796x1024px
Oh man, that brings back memories. I still have a Shaymin from that game's WiFi event.

I wanted to do the WiFi missions so badly I went out and bought one of these, since the DS only accepted WEP WiFi at the time. I still have it. It could possibly come in handy for a non-DS use somehow. Not sure.
>>
>>31696509
The Gen 4 spinoffs were better than the mainline Gen 4 games.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.