[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Mainline Pokemon is coming to the Switch and there's nothing

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 6

File: PkmnRed.png (549KB, 874x426px) Image search: [Google]
PkmnRed.png
549KB, 874x426px
Mainline Pokemon is coming to the Switch and there's nothing you can do about it.
>>
>>31693304
wow modern nintendo home console graphics look like that?
>>
this is probably true but I think we will get 1 more gen 7 game on the 3DS first
>>
>>31693336
I sorta doubt it will be on the 3DS, but more specifically the "Overhaul" that is apparently under development
>>
I'm cool with that. HD pokemon sounds nice especially if it means no slow down in doubles and above
>>
>>31693304
Do poorfags on here actually think it won't happen?
>>
File: grinchlookingbitch.jpg (9KB, 219x230px) Image search: [Google]
grinchlookingbitch.jpg
9KB, 219x230px
>>31693370
>HD pokemon sounds nice
it isn't
>>
>>31693357
Overhaul? Do tell
>>
>>31693411
What makes you think it will happen? Next game will be on 3DS and by then the Switch has flopped so
>>
>>31693304
Okay? No one doubts that. Masuda confimed that months ago. The next game won't on Switch though.
>>
>>31693412
That's not the main series though. And I imagine smash would be a nicer comparison
>>
>>31693431
I don't remember entirely, but one of the devs at Nintendo spoke of a successor to the 3DS. It might not be related to the 3DS at all but what we do know is that it will be a handheld.
>>
I can simply not buy it.

The Switch will fail and Nintendo will release a good portable.
>>
>>31693482
That comment was back peddled, but it may have some truth. But there is no doubt the next pokemon game will be on 3DS. The attach rate is too high, they'd be throwing away money if it wasn't. 3DS had the best quarter it ever had thanks to SM.
>>
>>31693479
>smash
>HD
pick one
>>
>>31693495
or make a 200 buck switch without the console attactment crap. I'd buy it in a heart beat
>>
>>31693544
Also I hope they fix their idea of 60$ games and paid online for a possible portable.
>>
>>31693472
Yeah, because Nintendo dropped the WiiU when that flopped. They also dropped the 3DS when that had a terrible first year.
I mean Nintendo are just notorious for dropping systems that don't perform well immediately.
>>
>>31693643
It's not good business to release a Pokemon mainline game on a shitty console.

And consider that the 3DS flopped while launching at a 250$.

Most portable players won't buy a Switch even if it drops to 250$. You have to see reality as it is, Pokemon isn't coming for the Switch.
>>
File: star fox.jpg (48KB, 720x720px) Image search: [Google]
star fox.jpg
48KB, 720x720px
>>31693643
Lets be fair they DID try with the U. They simply couldn't get past the stigma of the thing being a wii accessory because of their own stupidity. I mean look at this shit from the wii u reveal. dhttp://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=220851577&postcount=65

Their messaging just plain sucked.
>>
File: 1464870932201.jpg (29KB, 412x430px) Image search: [Google]
1464870932201.jpg
29KB, 412x430px
>>31693705
>NeoGAF
>>
>>31693643
the 3ds took a savage price cut

day 1 switch buyers are going to get cucked, face it
>>
>>31693751
>day 1 switch buyers are going to get cucked, face it
Where did I say they weren't?
>>
>>31693304
Good.
>>
>>31693741
>the new controller
>>
>>31693357
We will for sure get a new Gen 7 game on the 3ds, just look at BW 1 and 2, they were both released for the DS while the 3ds was a thing, so it's more than probable that they won't release any time soon a game for the switch, at least not this year, maybe next year.
>>
>>31694074
My guess is 2019 for Switch Pokemon.
>>
>>31694088
Pokemon won't release on the Switch.
>>
>>31693304
whoa....so this is...the power...of Nintendo Switch. ......
>>
>>31694120
Wow, you sure convinced me with that great argument.
>>
>>31694160
Arguing it is like trying to convince someone that the sky is blue.
>>
>>31694199
Really, really easy? Then you should do it, it shouldn't take you too much time to give a convincing argument.
>>
>>31694226
Point 1: Game Freak has always released their games on platforms with huge install base

Point 2: the 3DS failed when releasing at 250$ with a gimmick that's much more relatable to the general public

Point 3: Kimishima left the door open for a possible 3DS successor

Point 4: the 3DS has a huge install base and ignoring those players is stupid beyond hope

Point 5: a cheap Switch version isn't possible as HD Rumble and IR Camera are necessary for gameplay

Point 6: PS4 and Xbox are both cheaper and more powerful than the Switch, making them a more attractive option for core gamers

Point 1 is the most important here. As good as pokemon is, its success still depends on the console's install base - compare gen 3 sales with gen 4 sales. Do you think that Game Freak and Nintendo would be satisfied with a new gen Pokemon game that sold mere 4 million copies?
>>
File: reggie_fils_aime.jpg (1MB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
reggie_fils_aime.jpg
1MB, 1200x1200px
>>31693703
>>31693544
>>31693482
>>31694199
>What we mean by integrating platforms is not integrating handhelds devices and home consoles to make only one machine - What we are aiming at is to integrate the architecture to form a common basis for software development so that we can make software assets more transferable
>We are hoping to change and correct the situation in which we develop games for different platforms individually and sometimes disappoint consumers with game shortages as we attempt to move from one platform to another
>Still, I am not sure if the form factor (the size and configuration of the hardware) will be integrated. In contrast, the number of form factors might increase. Currently, we can only provide two form factors because if we had three or four different architectures, we would face serious shortages of software on every platform
All of the above are quotes by Iwata on the subject of cross-compatibility, console redesigns and so on

The message to me seems quite clear - the Switch as we know it is simply one form factor of Nintendo's new ecosystem. In time, we'll get a cheaper handheld with no removable parts and no dock, and maybe in time we'll even get a Nintendo Switch Neo, so to speak.

All of Nintendo's work and all of Iwata's work before he died was to create this unified ecosystem. A new handheld is coming, but games will effectively be cross-compatible between it and the Switch. Ergo, Pokemon will most likely come out on the Switch AND Nintendo's rumored new handheld - poorfags don't even need to get salty because Nintendo will provide an option for them just like they did with the 2DS.
>>
>>31693304
I can fly to Japan and give Masuda a BJ.
>>
>>31694277
>The message to me seems quite clear - the Switch as we know it is simply one form factor of Nintendo's new ecosystem. In time, we'll get a cheaper handheld with no removable parts and no dock, and maybe in time we'll even get a Nintendo Switch Neo, so to speak.
The message and what they'll do is different. What's the point of buying the average Switch if there's a cheaper alternative that plays the same games?

Ideally, they'll try to make people buy both, and you can only do that with different games.
>>
>>31694275
>Point 2: the 3DS failed when releasing at 250$ with a gimmick that's much more relatable to the general public
And yet the 3DS still got Pokemon games.

>Point 5: a cheap Switch version isn't possible as HD Rumble and IR Camera are necessary for gameplay
How many games? 1-2 Switch and....
>>
>>31694290
>What's the point of buying the average Switch if there's a cheaper alternative that plays the same games?
What's the point of buying an iPad when there's the iPad Mini?
>>
>>31694316
>What's the point of buying an iPad when there's the iPad Mini?
Nintendo Switch, the offical console of look mom no games xd
>inb4 muh game developers.
>>
>>31694336
Are you okay anon? I don't understand your point at all here
>>
File: 1484168791956.png (87KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1484168791956.png
87KB, 400x400px
>>31694316
A tablet, unlike a video-game, is seen as a good investment because it has multiple functions. Hell, I've considered buying a tablet just to draw on it.

That's the same mentaity on why people spend 600$ on phones. Do you think that anyone would spend that much if all it could do is make calls?

>>31694300
The 3DS got games AFTER the 3DS proved a success, which meant a 80$ price cut and had the 2DS coming.

We don't know how far they'll push those features. But they have to justify the technology. Remember how desperate Miyamoto was to include the WiiU pad's screen to his games, even ruining them in the proccess?
>>
>>31694354
So your entire argument is pinned on the fact that the Switch will be a failure. Go on and prove that a system that hasn't been released yet will fail.

>Remember how desperate Miyamoto was to include the WiiU pad's screen to his games, even ruining them in the proccess?
Nope, I don't remember any of my WiiU games having shitty tablet functionality shoehorned in that wasn't easily ignored.
>>
>>31694354
>That's the same mentaity on why people spend 600$ on phones
Yes, and the 600$ phones, for the most part, don't offer anything over the 250$ phones except for higher pixel-density and other such meme features, since the apps are largely the same between them and most people are using them for the same old shit like Facebook Messenger and Instagram. The poorer people buy the cheaper ones and the richer people buy the more expensive ones but apart from dick-waggling features like a super-ultra HD camera, most people end up using the same software on them.

Enter the Switch. If Nintendo can convince people that their software is both worth buying and more frequent than it was on 3DS/Wii U, then plenty of people will buy the Switch on hype factor alone in the first year. If it starts wearing off or it never properly takes off in the first place, they can release a more handheld form factor down the line for a cheaper price. The handheld form factor doesn't really cut into Nintendo's sales, because
>the poor people were never going to get a Switch at full-price anyway
>the luxury/elitist factor means that people with more money than sense will buy the more expensive ones even when they don't need to
>nintendrones will buy every hardware iteration they shit out regardless
It makes a lot of sense to me.
>>
Did people not notice this?

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2017-02-03/nintendo-discusses-handheld-successor-to-3ds-system/.111805

Doubt Pokemon main game will be on Switch, at least not anytime soon
>>
>>31694372
>So your entire argument is pinned on the fact that the Switch will be a failure. Go on and prove that a system that hasn't been released yet will fail.
I can't prove it. But we have a bunch of things to speculate.

For instance, what's the market for the Switch? On my hands, it's a less durable, more expensive Vita with less games. Hooked on the TV, it's a weaker PS4 with less games.

It simply doesn't have a market right now.

Nintendo is banking on the idea that people are so crazy about games that they'll want to be playing all the time. That simply doesn't happens. Nintendo themselves discovered that the market has millions of casuals. Do you think that casuals plays enough to justify paying 300$ + 60$ for a worse PS4 and a worse Vita? Personally I don't.

>Nope, I don't remember any of my WiiU games having shitty tablet functionality shoehorned in that wasn't easily ignored.
I can name two - Paper Mario and Star Fox.

>>31694420
As I said, phones and tablets are multi-purpose devices that we spend huge amounts of time on. You're not just paying for the functionality, you also pay for the comfort and convenience. I mentioned before that I considered buying a tablet for drawing. In that case, obviously I'd spend the extra bucks for the comfort of a larger screen.

>The handheld form factor doesn't really cut into Nintendo's sales
The point is that they'll still be selling a single unit per consumer.

Poor or rich, there's a benefit in owning both a Wii U and a 3DS - different games. In your scenario, there's no benefit.

Outside of massive failures like the Wii U, Nintendo still made profit with their hardware, even ones that was completely smashed by the competition like the GameCube.

With that said, considering that Nintendo actually went through with their dumb hybrid idea, I can see them going with this "unified consoles" thing - at their own detriment.
>>
>>31694559
What I took from it is "if the Switch is successful, then mini Switch, if not, then 4DS".
>>
>>31694597
But it also probably means no main games on Switch untill they'll happy with Switch sales so probably just spin offs for now and next main game still on 3ds
Thread posts: 47
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.