[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>dude member kanto? lmao Real fucking subtle, game freak

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3

File: pokemon-sun-and-moon-2.jpg (38KB, 710x402px) Image search: [Google]
pokemon-sun-and-moon-2.jpg
38KB, 710x402px
>dude member kanto? lmao

Real fucking subtle, game freak
>>
X and Y were worse about it desu
>>
>>31691853
What's Kanto?
>>
>>31691853

>He's still posting it everyday
>>
>>31692106
It literally only could have been worse if after picking your Kanto mon they made you throw your Kalos starter away.
>>
>>31693492
>he's okay with his favorite region not getting love
>>
>>31695479
Unless your favorite is the shit Johto region, that's not true at all. All regions got love, Kanto being the most iconic one and celebrating its 20th birthday, just got some extra love.
>>
>>31695507
>Unless your favorite is the shit Johto region, that's not true at all
>All regions got love
pick one
>>
>>31695479
My favourite region just got a remake but I didn't see anybody complaining about Hoenn pandering
>>
File: 1484921291934.png (519KB, 1800x1800px) Image search: [Google]
1484921291934.png
519KB, 1800x1800px
>>31691853
>>Unless your favorite is the shit Johto region
>tfw my favourite region is johto
>>
>>31695522
My first sentence disregarded Johto. My second sentence claimed all regions got love, with Johto already disregarded. Is it that hard to understand?
>>
Alola barely has any towns, and if I recall correctly, two of them are made of people from Johto.
>>
>>31695546
Meant to reply to >>31695507
>>
>>31695546
Sorry fampai, Johto was made to be Kanto bitch. That's the only reason it exists.
>>
>>31695507
If you be "some extra love" meant "99% of the love", then yeah. Hooray for Kanto I guess.
>>
>>31695569
>kanto gets 99% of the love
>hoenn, sinnoh, unova, kalos and alola get 1% of the love
>johto gets nothing at all
imagine if other developers treated their installments like that, fans would be furious.
>>
>>31695605
No, instead, no one would complain. I've seen many games that bring back characters from and reference only one game, but no one gets this autistic about it. A popular example is Fire Emblem, where Marth's world gets much more love than any other, and mostly no one complains. Some want others to get some love, but no one is furious like /vp/ does with Kanto.
>>
>>31695507
>HG and SS
>Arguably best pokemon games to date
>Johto gets no love
>>
>>31695619
You've never actually played an FE game have you.
>>
File: 1373425363325.gif (59KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1373425363325.gif
59KB, 300x300px
>>31695479
My favorite region IS Kanto
>>
>>31695569
>99% of the love
what could he possibly have meant by this?
>>
>>31695912
>Johto

>implying it isn't western Kanto

game barely has any soul, arguably has more kanto pandering than x/y and the new pokemon are barely shown in boss battles
>>
>>31695997
With Kanto """"""""pandering"""""""" Johto games would be unplayably shit. If you ask someone what they liked about HGSS, Pokemon following you, Kanto and Red will be the answers.
>>
>>31696011
>pokemon following you
I use my bike 75% of the time anyways, only relevant for the first 2 gyms

>kanto
rushed and empty, reason the game has a shit level curve

>red

lol just buy potions and revives
>>
>>31696011
johto games are sequel to kanto games so pandering has an actual excuse.

XY and SM lack such a excuse to do kanto pandering.

and no, being 20th anniversary game isn't an excuse because 10th anniversary did very minimal pandering.
>>
>>31696020
Exactly why Johto games are shit. The best parts, Kanto and Red, are pretty underwhelming.
>>
>>31695507
and this ''''shit''' region is one of the greatest
>>31696011
and if you ask why people like other regions, people will give you worse answers
>>
>Kanto pandering
>Ever subtle

I wish it was subtle, otherwise, the Kanto mons wouldn't be overshadowing the hell out of the rest of the dex.
>>
>>31695923
Pretty sure you haven't.
Count how many games take place in Marth's world.
Look at Marth being in three Super Smash Bros. games.
Look at Awakening, which was half OC circlejerking and half Marth circlejerking. Because it also takes place in Marty's world.
Marth is referred to as the Legendary Hero King. Constantly.
Marth, Marth, Marth. Nothing but Marth. Even in Heroes there's a lot of attention given to Mystery of the Emblem. Not even Shadow Dragon, exclusively Mystery of the Emblem which was the game where Marth was the most powerful and important.
Sure, Roy's game got a prequel and Ike's game got a sequel, they're kind of relevant, but ask anyone and they'll remember Marth above either of them. It's a miracle Ike won that poll. Probably because Japan was involved and they like Ike.
And what about Genealogy of the Holy War? What about Thracia 776? Why did it take this long for Gaiden to be relevant? Why are none of the games I just mentioned currently represented at all in Heroes at the moment? Because they're irrelevant to people. Even to the Japanese, so don't whine and say it's because they were never localized. (That point's irrelevant considering Roy is popular in the West despite his game never being localized.)

Marth and his world are the Red and Kanto region of Fire Emblem. This is fact.
>>
>>31692106
This, I rolled my eyes when they had a Snorlax blocking you after giving you a Kanto starter before the second fucking gym.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.