[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This is why BW's exp system is good.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3

File: vs blaine.jpg (250KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
vs blaine.jpg
250KB, 1366x768px
This is why BW's exp system is good.
>>
>>31690747
what
>>
>>31690885
He's saying that Gen5's XP overhaul made it far more difficult to be vastly overleveled during the mid to late game. Until Gen6 added exp. share for the whole party.
>>
>>31690944
didn't know there was any difference
>>
>>31690980
It's not something you'll really notice unless you're actively looking for it.
>>
>>31690747
And then gen 7 brought scaling XP back. They needed it to balance Exp. Share.
>>
>>31690747

Holy shit, how do people watch this garbage? There are a dozen pointless distractions on all sides of the screen.
>>
is blastoise the only pokemon he's using?
>>
>>31691097
He tried leveling others (Clefairy and Caterpie) but then gave up and stuck with Blastoise.
>>
>>31691109
a true speedrunner at heart, even when playing casually
>>
>>31691096
This. It looks like I'm looking at an ad or commercial. I don't like using this word but it's actually cringeworthy.
>>
File: sonic.jpg (214KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
sonic.jpg
214KB, 1366x768px
>>31691096
>>31691181
It's all about the donation money/subscriber number nowadays. The classic layout (splits, game screen, webcam) is dead.

Out of the more popular streamers I think only Puwexil, darbian and Werster uses a simple layout.
>>
>>31690885
I think he's saying that you don't get overleveled as easily.

The flaw with it is that it's harder to gain levels past the highest available levels. Look at Sun and Moon.

Anabel (Lv. 61*5) - cannot be battled indefinitely outside the Battle Tree
Dexio (Lv. 61*5) - cannot be battled indefinitely outside the Battle Tree
Mina (Lv. 61*5) - cannot be battled indefinitely
Guzma (Lv. 63*5) - cannot be battled indefinitely outside the Battle Tree
Nanu (Lv. 63*5) - cannot be battled indefinitely
Blue (Lv. 65*6) - cannot be battled indefinitely outside the Battle Tree
Red (Lv. 65*2, Lv.66*3, Lv.70*1) - cannot be battled indefinitely outside the Battle Tree

Youngster Tristan (Lv. 59*5) - randomly selected for Title Defense
Faba (Lv. 61*5) - randomly selected for Title Defense
Plumeria (Lv. 61*5) - randomly selected for Title Defense
Sophocles (Lv. 61*5) - randomly selected for Title Defense
Ryuki (Lv. 61*5) - randomly selected for Title Defense
Molayne (Lv. 61*5) - randomly selected for Title Defense
Morimoto (Lv. 62*6) - can only be battled once a day
Hala (Lv. 63*5)
Olivia (Lv. 63*5)
Acerola (Lv. 63*5)
Kahili (Lv. 63*5)
Hau (Lv. 63*5) - randomly selected for Title Defense
Gladion (Lv. 63*5) - randomly selected for Title Defense
Hapu (Lv. 63*5) - randomly selected for Title Defense
Kukui (Lv. 65*6) - randomly selected for Title Defense

And of course the Battle Buffet Trainers, of which there are 15 each with one Pokémon at level 55, but you can only battle up to 10 of them per day (it's possible to fight the same characters in the same day).

Wild Pokémon only reach up to level 59, meaning that once your team reaches level 66 against Trainers, they'll always receive decreased experience.from every possible battle.
>>
>>31691221
One of the many reasons that I have no interest in watching other people play video games. I just can't comprehend why these things are so popular. Damn kids, get off my lawn, but seriously, I don't get it.
>>
I mean if you're playing an old game that natively runs in 4:3 or other outdated format, you might as well use up the empty space somehow
but yeah if you shrink it or cover it to fit more garbage in, kys you are self
>>
>>31691268
the example you're replying to is a speedrun, most of the stuff in the right panel is actually important to what's happening in the game
OP's pic is utter cancer though
>>
File: Big John.png (237KB, 542x908px) Image search: [Google]
Big John.png
237KB, 542x908px
>>31690747
>GameJ06
>>
>>31691268
Personally I "watch" while doing other time consuming things such as drawing or breeding and training Pokemon.
>>
>>31690747
BW EXP should be active until you finish the main game, and deactivated when you finish it.

Same for EXP share, give it as a post-game thing.
>>
>>31692073
Little kids always play the game with their starter doing everything and get stuck with underleveled garbage at the first trouble spot.

Exp. share can be turned off for players that don't need it, but having it on by default is necessary.
>>
>>31693143
>but having it on by default is necessary.

no it's not. fuck off masuda.
>>
>>31690747
>This is actually what twitch streamers look like
Remind me why it got so popular again? The l33t g4ymurr angle?
>>
>>31691246
Once you get a shitton of 70+ mons you can always time travel in the pelago, it'd probably be faster
>>
>>31693497
Literally more kids today enjoying watching games than playing games.

Their parents like it too because it's cheaper.
>>
Playing Gen 7 without Expshare is pretty nice
>>
>>31693614
Mom give me 5$ to subscribe to my favorite streamer
>>
>>31691268
You don't watch for the game, you watch for the person playing. If they are funny or interesting or whatever.
>>
>>31692073
>Make Exp share post game
No, it's just an intuitive easy mode. Why would they make easy mode post game? Again?
>>
>>31690747
What I want back from gen 5 is the battle pacing. It was so fast and satisfying not having to wait for the exp bar to slowly drain.

Also, I want the sprites, tiles, colors, gyms... basically everything aesthetic back. Gen 5 had the best aesthetic of all the games, with the possible exception of a few mon designs. Difficulty curve needs to be tough, and scale all the way to 100 for the E4, or at least the post-game dungeons.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.